Royal Family of Romania current events

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Between the 9th-12th of May there will be special events marking the feast of the 10th of May (but also the 90 years of the King).The events will be in Calarasi (9 may),Targoviste (9 May) and Bucharest (10-13 May).

On the 9th of May King Mihai I and Crown Princess Margareta will be in Calarasi where there be a new statue of the Sovereign in the main park of the city.The King will receive the title of honorary citizen of Calarasi.

Also on the 9th of May Prince Radu will be in Targoviste at the opening of the Conference "130 years from the declaration of the Kingdom of Romania and the Union of Dobrogea with the Motherland".Prince Radu will also present his new book .

King Michael, Princess Margarita and Prince consort Radu Duda watch a biker riding during the ceremony marking King's Day at the Elisabeta Palace, the official residence of the Royal Family in Bucharest, on May 10, 2011. The Biker's Associations from Romania receives the higher patronage of King Michael as Romanians celebrates on 10 May the King's Day.
Profimedia

Last edited:
Wonderful feast of 10 May this year!

How is Her Majesty The Queen?

I haven't seen much of her lately,I hope she is ok.

The Queen is rather frail and she stays mostly in a swiss residence.She can't participate anymore at the events of the Royal Court.

The Queen is rather frail and she stays mostly in a swiss residence.She can't participate anymore at the events of the Royal Court.

I was thinking as much,she's 87 God Bless her.

She is actually 88 this year.

Wonderful video from yesterday evening at the Elisabeta Palace with English special guests from London, HM King Mihai I receiving „The Freedom of the City of London” from "Guild of Freemen of the City of London":

Regele Mihai a rupt leg

Today (wednesday,the 11th of May 2011) HM King Mihai I will receive in the morning different personalities at Elisabeta Palace giving them royal decorations.At 12.00 HM the King will give the royal decoration "Nihil Sine Deo" to Mrs Virginia Zeani.In the afternoon there will be an official dinner in the presence of HM the King celebrating the Feast of 1o May.

On the 5th of July different personalities (Eduard Petrescu, Camelia Sucu, Jeri Guthrie-Corn and Nicolae Licaret) received the King Mihai I medal for Loyalty from the hands of the Crown Princess( representing HM King Mihai I) in a ceremony at Elisabeta Palace:

Familia Regala - Activitati curente

Where is the King these days? I see that he wasn't there when Prince Charles came, either.

HM King Mihai I doesn' t live all the time at Elisabeta Palace in Bucharest but also in Swizerland at his residence .

HM King Mihai I doesn' t live all the time at Elisabeta Palace in Bucharest but also in Swizerland at his residence .

You're right, but I am curious as to why the King still lives part-time in Switzerland? Doesn't that undercut the hope to restore the monarchy? (It makes it seem as if he doesn't really love Romania that much and doesn't care that much about being involved in Romanian society, since he continues to live elsewhere.)

HM King Mihai I must live a part of the year in Swizerland too because of the poor health of HM Queen Ana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom