HRH Crown Princess Margarita and Prince Radu current events part 1 (2004-2015)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her husband has never been popular. Given the fact that he is the only family member present/pictured with the King while this Royal Council was meeting, he will and already has received criticism from the some quarters of the Romanian press.

Princess Margarita often appears to be living in the shadow of her husband. This is unfortunate for the dynasty.

Her husband has never been popular. Given the fact that he is the only family member present/pictured with the King while this Royal Council was meeting, he will and already has received criticism from the some quarters of the Romanian press.

Princess Margarita often appears to be living in the shadow of her husband. This is unfortunate for the dynasty.

During the last years I have been wondering some things of the Royal Family concerning Margarita and Radu.
Margarita doesn't do solo trips abroad, Radu has made many, and some together with Nicholas. Radu meets the dignitaries of the foreign countries on these trips. For instance, Radu has been in Sweden two times during the last years, in March 2014 he was there at an official visit with Nicholas, they met princes Daniel and Carl Philip at a lunch. In May 2015 Radu was at an official visit to Sweden and had lunch with king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia. According to news, these trips promote Romanian business abroad. Of course that is a good thing, but I wonder why Margarita doesn't do these trips at all. Margarita has made only few trips abroad during the last years, and all them together with Radu, sometimes Nicholas has been with them too. Is king Michael so oldfashioned that he thinks that a man should represent Romania, not a woman?
When Margarita and Radu are at an event together, it is very often Radu, who gives a speech at the event, not Margarita.
One of the last events before the holiday was a military event, where president Iohannis attended. And Radu was there, not Margarita.
Radu writes books quite often. And then there are publishing events, where he goes around Romania and signs books and meets people.

Yes, I also think that Margarita lives in the shadows of her husband.

And in March when prince Hans-Adam of Liechtenstein visited Cluj in Romania where he got The Professor Honoris Causa and Senator ad Honorem of the University of Babeș-Bolyai, Radu was there, not Margarita.
Principele Suveran de Liechtenstein, omagiat la Cluj _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania

If you look at the website of the Royal Family, you can see that Margarita has had less than 15 work days, on which she has been attending at an event alone this year and Radu over 30.

Last edited:
Prince Radu must be a consort and not the heir. But his behavior show another . For that Nicolae become so popular . Sad.

To be honest, honour to whom honour is due: as no one else it was Radu Duda who has worked tirelessly to pull the Romanian royal family out of obscurity. As no one else in the royal family he understood the importance of PR and social media. As no one else in the royal family Radu Duda was by far the most active in keeping everything up date and post pictures, showing a nice insight in the activities of the royal family.

That Radu now is painted down as a villain does not really match with his hard work in favour of the royal family. Also as no one else Radu has been most active in pushing Nicholas, his spouse's nephew, on the forefront. Radu is the last man who has any interest to destroy all his time, his hard work, his commitment and his investment into Nicholas. So I would remain careful with pointing the finger to him.

What about Nicholas himself? God knows he was unhappy in his prominent position and would love nothing more than have an anonymous life and pursue his own interests? The seduction is there to blame it all on Radu but from all persons, Radu is the last one to have any gain with what all happened!

Last edited:
They don't be sure for anyone what role play to this decision of a King.

To be honest, honour to whom honour is due: as no one else it was Radu Duda who has worked tirelessly to pull the Romanian royal family out of obscurity. As no one else in the royal family he understood the importance of PR and social media. As no one else in the royal family Radu Duda was by far the most active in keeping everything up date and post pictures, showing a nice insight in the activities of the royal family.

That Radu now is painted down as a villain does not really match with his hard work in favour of the royal family. Also as no one else Radu has been most active in pushing Nicholas, his spouse's nephew, on the forefront. Radu is the last man who has any interest to destroy all his time, his hard work, his commitment and his investment into Nicholas. So I would remain careful with pointing the finger to him.

Yes, it is good that someone worked for the PR of the royal family. But Radu shouldn't have forgot that he is not the heir. He should have pushed his wife to the front, not himself. And king Michael should also take care that the his heir is more important figure of the family in the media and among the people, not her spouse. As a former actor Radu knows how the media works. And he loves all the attention he gets. Nothing wrong with that.

And how has Radu promoted Nicholas? Yes, for many years the events of the royal family were told under the "Prince Radu's blog", it stopped in 2013 and since that the website has been the website of the Royal Family and not Prince Radu's blog. The website is updated by four members of the staff of the Royal House: Traian Sârcă (Editor), Ioan-Luca Vlad, Sandra Gătejeanu-Gheorghe and Daniel Angelescu (photographer). The Royal Family has had their own Facebook already in 2012. Radu told at his blog about Nicholas like he told about all the members of the royal family at the work events. And Nicholas started to do more solo work events only in 2014.
Yes, Nicholas has been with Radu at some visits abroad and in Romania. Why hasn't Margarita made more these visits with Nicholas? And taught and guided the future heir about his future work? Nicholas should have done Margarita's work in the future, not Radu's, if he was seen as the future heir. How could Radu have taught Margarita's work to Nicholas, when he isn't doing it himself ?

I'm just wondering, why the woman, who should be the next Head of the Royal Family, is seen so little in solo events. I don't of course know what work crown princess Margarita does at the Elisabeta Palace during the days, but she is seen a lot less at public events than her spouse. If crown princess Margarita is the highest representative of the Royal Family in Romania while the king is old and lives in Switzerland, shouldn't she also be the one who works the most and helds the speeches? Crown princess Margarita has done good work with her Foundation and I have always seen her as a very lovely lady.

As for what Radu could gain in this, it remains to be seen, when we see what happens with the Royal Family during the next year or so.

Last edited:
That is what I mean, Radu seems the one keeping the royal family in the picture as -like you wrote- his spouse Princess Margarita is much less visible. On me it gives the impression that King Michael, Queen Anne and their five daughters have no idea about modern communication and "framing". In all these years it was Radu who did efforts to change this.

As Radu himself has no offspring, I fail to see what any gain he could have in an eventual plot against his nephew Nicholas. Radu had everything to win by having Nicholas as his protégé and becoming his closest advisor and confidant. I can not believe Radu is behind all this. He has nothing to win with this bombshell.

That is what I mean, Radu seems the one keeping the royal family in the picture as -like you wrote- his spouse Princess Margarita is much less visible. On me it gives the impression that King Michael, Queen Anne and their five daughters have no idea about modern communication and "framing". In all these years it was Radu who did efforts to change this.

As Radu himself has no offspring, I fail to see what any gain he could have in an eventual plot against his nephew Nicholas. Radu had everything to win by having Nicholas as his protégé and becoming his closest advisor and confidant. I can not believe Radu is behind all this. He has nothing to win with this bombshell.

And what if young Nicholas did not want to be a "protege" and did want to have his own agenda and to represent his grandfather?

" In recent months, His Royal Highness will visit the Red Cross branches in the territory and will represent the organization in three official visits to European countries."

This though is surprisingly. Three official visits? Probably someone reads us ;)

" In recent months, His Royal Highness will visit the Red Cross branches in the territory and will represent the organization in three official visits to European countries."

This though is surprisingly. Three official visits? Probably someone reads us ;)

Yes, it seems so. It would be great to see the crown princess at solo visits abroad, although she would do them only as the President of the Red Cross.

She is the President of the Red Cross and she is received by the Red Cross as such.

How this couple will explain to the royalists the future of Monarchy in Romania after what happened in August?

They cannot possibly explain an action that was totally illogical.

Nicholas has to be restored to his title and succession rights.

Otherwise, the royalist cause in Romania will perish.

Besides, we do not know if Margarita agree with her father's decision. When you become the head of the monarchy all can change even Nikolae return.

Prince Radu attended on Tuesday 8th September in the National Library, the exhibition "The road to German unity".
Expoziția „Drumul către Unitatea Germană” _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Prince Radu welcomed prince Lorenz to his visit to Romania at the airport on Friday.
Vizită regală belgiană în România _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Crown princess Margarita opened on Friday evening in the presence of prince Radu and prince Lorenz the Red Cross Gala 2015 and First Aid International Competition, organized for the first time in Romania.
Capitala Primului Ajutor _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

The Red Cross event looks well-organized. For a non-reigning monarchy I must say the Romanians manage to do their public appearances with style and decorum.

Is there a special link between Prince Lorenz and the Crown Princess ?
It is the second time he attend alone a roumanan royal Event.

Princess Astrid is not President of the Belgian Red Cross anymore.

Maybe because of the Bourbon-Parma link between Archduke Lorenz and Princess Margarita?

Archduke Lorenz of Austria-Este, Duke of Modena
|
Archduke Robert of Austria-Este, Duke of Modena (father)
|
Empress Zita of Austria, Queen of Hungary born Princess de Bourbon de Parme (grandmother)
|
Prince Robert de Bourbon de Parme, Duke of Parma (great-grandfather)

Princess Margarita of Romania, Princess of Hohenzollern
|
Queen Anne of Romania, Princess of Hohenzollern born Princess de Bourbon de Parme (mother)
|
Prince René de Bourbon de Parme (grandfather)
|
Prince Robert de Bourbon de Parme, Duke of Parma (great-grandfather)

Last edited:
If you take the Bourbon Parme link , you have a lot of Archdukes grandsons of Empress Zita; No-one did attend not even the Head of the House.

I'm just making a supposition, and I don't know if it is true or not, but a link to Archduke Lorenz and the Romanian RF may come directly from Italy; both his mother Margherita and King Michael (whose mother spent some years living in Italy, IIRC) had in common as an aunt Princess Irene, Duchess of Aosta.

The Habsburgs are not generally very close to the ex-Hohenzollerns of Romania.

The Red Cross event looks well-organized. For a non-reigning monarchy I must say the Romanians manage to do their public appearances with style and decorum.

Of all the non-reigning houses, the Romanians seem to act as if they were still on the throne. Very impressive.

They are not on any Throne and now it's clear they'll never be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom