HRH Crown Princess Margarita and Prince Radu current events part 1 (2004-2015)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Radu makes today and tomorrow an official visit to Moldova. The visit will take place in Chisinau, the capital and Comrat, the administrative center of the Autonomous Territorial Unit of Gagauzia. This is the first visit by a member of the Royal Family in Gagauzia.

Prince Radu will meet the Speaker of the Parliament of Moldova, Mr. Andrian Candu and the mayor of Chisinau, Mr. Dorin Chirtoaca. Prince Radu will receive the title of Doctor Honoris Causa of the University of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova. He donates books to the University.
He will visit State Agrarian University of Moldova and Academic Lyceum of plastic arts "Igor Vieru" and Academic Lyceum of Fine Arts "Igor Vieru" in Chisinau.
In Comrat, Prince Radu will meet Mrs. Irina Vlah, Governor of the Autonomous Territorial Unit of Gagauzia, as well as representatives of the Executive Board of the Autonomous Region. Prince Radu visits the Comrat State University, the Information Center of Romania, the Regional Historical Museum of Gagauz and Turkish Library "Mustafa Kemal Atatürk".
Prima vizită regală în Regiunea Autonomă Găgăuzia _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

On Monday 5th October, on the International Elderly Day, crown princess Margarita took part in the event organized for the elderly by students of the National College St. Sava meeting to mark the campaign "Flowers for the Soul" organised at national level by Princess Margareta of Romania Foundation. At the end of the event the crown princess delivered to the elderly together with the students.
Principesa Moștenitoare, alături de vârstnici, la Colegiul Național Sfântul Sava _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Princess Margarita looks now somehow different than before, here in October 2014
http://www.romaniaregala.ro/wp-cont...foto-Daniel-Angelescu-c-Casa-MS-Regelui-1.jpg

Prince Radu visited Cluj-Napoca on 4-5th October.
Sunday, October 4, Prince Radu took part in "Herbstfest - Autumn Festival of German Economy". At the Art Museum he visited the Photographic exhibition "The Royal Family, Today" by photographer Daniel Angelescu. In the evening he attended at a concert at the National Opera.
Monday, October 5th, Prince Radu attended among other things at the beginning of "Royal School in Transylvania", a private school that implements the British educational system in our country. He took part at the Babes Bolyai University in Auditorium Maximum at the opening of the academic year academic program of Security Studies. He gave a lecture. And he visited Universitatea Cluj Sports Club and met with members of the rugby team "U Prodvinalco" and representatives of the Club. At the end of the visit, Prince Radu met His Eminence Andrei, Metropolitan of Cluj, Salaj and Maramures.
Principele Radu, vizită la Cluj-Napoca _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Last edited:
Very few people still support this Family.

Not after the sad events of august but the reaction of many royalists is more than clear.

Crown Princess and Prince Radu hosted on Wednesday at the Elisabeta Palace an event dedicated to generous collaboration between company Dacia Pitești, part of the Renault group, and the Princess Margareta of Romania Foundation.
Since 2009, company Dacia has supported project Young Talents, which financially supports students' training and professional musicians and artists. The project is known and attracted the admiration of the whole society, it is a strong example of selflessness and vision. Princess Margareta of Romania Foundation was declared not long ago, most honest NGO in the country.
Automobil Duster pentru proiectul “Tinere Talente” _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

On Thursday night at Elisabeta Palace, by decision of His Majesty King Michael a ceremony and dinner were held in memory of Nicholas Rădescu (the last pre-communist rule Prime Minister of Romania). On Thursday morning at the Carol I National Defence University was held a scientific session. Prince Radu attended at the scientific session.

Crown princess Margarita chaired the dinner given on behalf of her father, His Majesty the King. Prince Radu brought a message from His Majesty, stressing that Prime Minister Nicolae Rădescu was honored yesterday by the two institutions of the Romanian State that have defined his career and life: Crown of Romania and Romanian Army.
Seara Palatului Elisabeta în memoria lui Nicolae Rădescu _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

And why it is almost always prince Radu, who brings the messages from the King and gives the speeches on behalf of the King?

[...]
And why it is almost always prince Radu, who brings the messages from the King and gives the speeches on behalf of the King?

Because the King requested him to do so?

:flowers:

Because the King requested him to do so?

Well, even I understood that. I think that Margarita doesn't dare to break her father's orders. What I don't understand that why doesn't the king's heir, crown princess Margarita, represent him and read his messages in official events? It looks like Radu is the crown prince and Margarita is there for the decoration. And it gives the impression that the king has difficulties to accept that his heir is a woman.

Last edited:
Well, even I understood that. I think that Margarita doesn't dare to break her father's orders. What I don't understand that why doesn't the king's heir, crown princess Margarita, represent him and read his messages in official events? It looks like Radu is the crown prince and Margarita is there for the decoration. And it gives the impression that the king has difficulties to accept that his heir is a woman.

I believe Princess Margareta (66 years old already) seems not to be in firm health, maybe that is a reason why Radu Duda was requested to represent the King. The recent years have shown that she is not at all kept out of sight, she has been an active member of the former Royal House.

It is obvious who really decides everything in the Family now.

I believe Princess Margareta (66 years old already) seems not to be in firm health, maybe that is a reason why Radu Duda was requested to represent the King. The recent years have shown that she is not at all kept out of sight, she has been an active member of the former Royal House.

I haven't seen any official press releases or information, that crown princess Margarita would be in bad health. And her age isn't a problem, look around the royals in Europe. And the crown princess isn't a very active member of the former Royal House - she, the crown princess and the heir of king Michael, hasn't done any solo visits abroad in many years and only a few with prince Radu. If it is due to her health, it should have been told. Now the message from the Royal House is, that the king prefers prince Radu over his own daughter, and that the king isn't happy that his heir is a woman. Acting like now, very oldfashioned (at least it looks like that), the royal family doesn't get new young supporters, and the conflict with Nicholas made sure of that too.

Your assumption that the King does not like the Heir to be a woman seems to clash with the King's own unilateral action to ignore the last royal Constitution of Romania and change the succession so that his daughters and granddaughters became successors to the throne.

Without this action Princess Margarita, Princess Elena, Karina Medforth-Mills, Princess Irina, Angelica Kreuger, Princess Sophie, Elisabeth Biarneix and Princess Maria would never have been in line of succession at all....

So I think any anti-feminist blame towards the former King is very unlikely, seen the above. Probably Princess Margarita is a shy and unsecure person who does not like to be in the limelight, or finds the events (a book presentation, an exhibition, an oration, a seminar) so boring that she -with all pleasure- gives the honneurs to her spouse?

She did a wonderful job with her Foundation and more recently with the Red Cross. She has no chance to ever become a Queen and probably she knows that very well.

Last edited:
I don't understand where the idea comes from that Princess Margareta does nothing.

13 October 2015
Princess Margareta and her spouse attend a service in the Cathedral of Iasi
picture

10 October 2015
Princess Margareta was on Romanian television in a documentary about her 25 years since her return to the country
picture (a video still from the program)

9 October 2015
Princess Margareta chaired a meeting in the Elisabeta Palace in Bucharest to commemorate the former Prime Minister, general Nicolae Rădescu, whom has passed away
picture

9 October 2015
Princess Margareta and her spouse did attend a celebration gala for the Romanian Red Cross
picture

8 October 2015
Princess Margareta received the keys for a new Duster from the Romanian autocar manufacturer Dacia (a daughter of of the French Renault Automobiles). For years Dacia has supplied a number of cars for the Princess' project Young Talents. The Ambassador of France, M François Saint-Paul, as well the Chairman of Dacia, M Nicholas Maure, did attend the event.
picture

5 October 2015
Princess Margareta took part in an event organized for the elderly by students of the National College St. Sava to mark the campaign "Flowers for the Soul", held on the International Day of the Elderly.
picture

Conclusion: for a non-reigning royal family in a republic, Princess Margareta is quite busy in her public functions and all idiotic claims that "she does nothing, Radu Duda does everything" are unfounded.

Her husband has far more public engagements than her.

It is not about gender. She simply doesnt care.. Doesnt have that drive..
Her working standards are similar to those of pre-war era consorts, ya consorts, not even those heirs.
Like father, like daughter. They just manage to get something rolling, thats all.. No proper vision/strategy/connection with public.
Wonder how things would be if it were a reigning family

What a nonsenses. Princess Margareta has more engagements than many taxpayer-paid royals from reigning royal families. Mind you, she is just a private person in a republic asked for public events.

Se certainly loves her country and tries to help as many people as possible with her Foundation. She obviously know her father is not reigning anymore.

It is not about gender. She simply doesnt care.. Doesnt have that drive..
Her working standards are similar to those of pre-war era consorts, ya consorts, not even those heirs.
Like father, like daughter. They just manage to get something rolling, thats all.. No proper vision/strategy/connection with public.
Wonder how things would be if it were a reigning family

I guess you don't even bother to do some research before coming here to attack the King and the Crown Princess with such nonsense.

Many people understands very little of the love of this Princess for her country.

I don't understand where the idea comes from that Princess Margareta does nothing.

10 October 2015
Princess Margareta was on Romanian television in a documentary about her 25 years since her return to the country
picture (a video still from the program)

9 October 2015
Princess Margareta and her spouse did attend a celebration gala for the Romanian Red Cross
picture

The Red Cross gala was on 11th September, when prince Lorenz was in Romania, the prince attended at the gala with Margarita and Radu.
Capitala Primului Ajutor _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
This article of the gala on 9th October at the Royal House website tells that the Romanian TV broadcasts the gala on that day.
Gala Crucii Roșii Române, ediția a noua _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania

The TV program on 10th October was a replay from the special edition show „În numele Tatălui”, shown the first time in January.
Video here
Documentarul În numele Tatălui
And at the Royal House Film Channel in Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmiRPpYp33k

And in the evening in honor for general Nicolae Rădescu, Margarita sat there and Radu held the speech.
So Margarita has had 4 work events in October.
I'm sorry, I don't understand how it is work for Margarita in October if she is shown on TV at a program which has already shown on January, or a program of a gala in which she attended in September.

Last edited:
Why the criticism on Princess Margareta? The head of state of Romania is President Mr Klaus Iohannis. And his spouse, Mrs Carmen Iohannis-Lăzurcă, is the First Lady.

In essence Princess Margareta is nothing more than Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia, Prince Henri d'Orléans or Prince Ernst August of Hannover: a private person with a dazzling royal ancestry. No one expects (or counts) public appearances of Prince Georg Friedrich, Prince Henri or Prince Ernst August, but Princess Margareta is under attack in these forums when she does not show up her face frequently enough? Come on!

If Princess Margareta decides to spend her days at Săvârșin, that is her good right. But instead she still attends public events, like her husband, like her sister and -until recently- like her nephew. Keep in mind that they are "just" private persons and have no obligations whatsoever to the State of Romania or to the Romanians. They are just -like any other Romanian- expected to abide the law and to pay taxes. That is it.

Princess Margareta has done a lot of good things for the country in the last 25 years.

On the occasion of the birthday of His Majesty King Mihai I, at the age of 94, on October 25, Crown Princess and Prince Radu hosted at Peles Castle events on 22nd October.

Crown Princess and Prince Radu received in Salon Florentin, a delegation of the Moldovan Academy University, headed by Academician Maria Duca, rector. On this occasion, the first "King Ferdinand I" and "Queen Mary". scholarships were awarded.
Two royal decorations ceremony took place in the Hall of Honor. His Majesty the King, through Crown Princess awarded nineteen distinguished personalities and institutions with King Mihai I Medal for Loyalty, Royal Decoration of the Cross of the Romanian Royal House and the Order of the Crown of Romania.
The Royal Choir held a concert dedicated to the birthday of the King. Royal Choir, founded three years ago, is under royal patronage.
Crown Princess handed the Queen Maria Cross to village of Soroca Moldova.
La Castelul Peleș, de ziua Majestății Sale Regelui _ Familia Regală a României _ Royal Family of Romania
Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom