Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 3: August 2004 - June 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it's pretty common to have a minor accident, but don't tell me that you think it's normal to drive into a car that is standing still! She was standing before a traffic light and she thought the car before her started to drive? Where I live it's normal to keep away a few meters from the car before you so you can avoid stuff like this.
To hit your head to the windshield in the car that's been hit means that the car that hits you is driving rather fast (I know cause my family and me have been rear-ended last vacation) for a car that is pulling away from a traffic light.
Bad stuff happens but I still think this is a case of serious lack of judgement of Princess Madeleine

Maybe she had a bad day or was nervours or inattentive. Everybody has got a days where he/she just should hve stayed at home in bed, as everything gets worong that day.

Yennie said:
Yes, she must have written the card herself. The signature is identical to the one she wrote on a rock(?) when she was in Gävle in 2001...
I didn't hear about this before, can someone fill me in?

When Madeleine visited the town of Gävle in Gästrikland (her "duchess" county) she signed her name on a rock/statue. The visit took place on September 7 2002 (the date in the earlier post is incorrect)
It was in the park "Furuvik"
I posted a pic of this in this thread a few days ago.

Lilla Madeleine shows us a new side...she´s now according to Aftonbladet a "sensitive feminist" ;)
Basis for this claim is her C-essay (Don´t know why this is called "c"...our studious hard working swedish students here can surely explain) on Solliden (summer castle of the Royal family)
Professor Ernst Billgren (Prof on the academy for art) says "This is an good and surprising essay. She brings up rather sensitive issues and writes out of a feministic and human view"
The essay consists out of 40 pages and a lot of pics (some of them, made of Madeleine).
She has gotten "godkänt" for it (must be something like a B...it´s said in the article the best grade is seldom given...so Madeleine was quite good then. Bravo to her)
Spokeswoman of the court Ann Christine Jernberg (ACJ) says Madeleine wants to get now a bachelor of arts degree in Ethnology.

The essay (obviously she has written it as "Madeleine Bernadotte". I like that...but IMO she should also write about non-Royal-related things. But when it´s good and interesting written...why not):
maddesuppsats200.jpg

Article:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/kvinna/story/0,2789,604667,00.html

Aftonbladet has also an article with pics on the "new power princesses"...and you can make a test "are you a power princess?" ;) But they don´t tell much new (only a few quotes of ETW are included...):
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/kvinna/story/0,2789,604631,00.html

Last edited:
Interesting! It would be fun to read it...

The universities in Sweden has two grades, godkänd and väl godkänd (the best grade). Like the article says most students gets Godkänt (the grade doesn´t matter really, its more for the personal ego :) )

When you have studied one semester (= 20 points/weeks) and has "godkänd" on your tests and essay, you can move on to another level / a new course.
You have to start at A- level, then B- level and then there´s C- level, which I think is just a paper(?)
Ofcourse you have to write essays on A & B level to, but that´s not as many pages. For exampel, when I studied at A-level I wrote a 13 pages paper...

Thank you very much, for explaining Yennie! May I ask, what you study at the moment....you have started about the same time as Madeleine?

Wonder if it´s possible in "glassy" Sweden to get this paper in the own "fingers"...maybe a Stockholm-Swede, studying at the university could have a look for us ;) It wouldn´t be just interesting, because it´s written of the princess, also the topic is quite interesting.

Lena said:
Thank you very much, for explaining Yennie! May I ask, what you study at the moment....you have started about the same time as Madeleine?

Wonder if it´s possible in "glassy" Sweden to get this paper in the own "fingers"...maybe a Stockholm-Swede, studying at the university could have a look for us ;) It wouldn´t be just interesting, because it´s written of the princess, also the topic is quite interesting.
Well in Germany the student has to agree that his/her papers are made public in the libary. Maybe Madeleine signed that agreement :) or explicity requested a no :(

C level is 10 points or 10 weeks
d level is 20 points 20 weeks or an other 10 weeks paper

Princess Madeleine of Sweden at the opening of the exhibition "Princesses" (Prinsessor) at the The Royal Armoury. The exhibition is about the lives of the Princesses from the world of the fairy-tales and also some real stories from the life of the real Swedish history Princesses.
Pics are from Imaginescandinavia:

Attachments

• Len2.jpg
    Len2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 190
  • Len3.jpg
    Len3.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,386
  • Len4.jpg
    Len4.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Len5.jpg
    Len5.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,184
  • Len6.jpg
    Len6.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,460
  • Len7.jpg
    Len7.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,781
  • Len8.jpg
    Len8.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,681
  • Len9.jpg
    Len9.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,427
  • Len10.jpg
    Len10.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,437
  • Len1.jpg
    Len1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Here is part two:

Attachments

• Len16.jpg
    Len16.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,167
  • Len20.jpg
    Len20.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,324
  • Len19.jpg
    Len19.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,234
  • Len18.jpg
    Len18.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,222
  • Len17.jpg
    Len17.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Len15.jpg
    Len15.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,149
  • Lena13.jpg
    Lena13.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Len14.jpg
    Len14.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,154
  • Len12.jpg
    Len12.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 204
  • Len11.jpg
    Len11.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 209
And here part 3:

Attachments

• Len21.jpg
    Len21.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,154
  • Len22.jpg
    Len22.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 220
  • Len23.jpg
    Len23.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,119
  • Len24.jpg
    Len24.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,195
oh, new pictures! Looks like she had fun :)
I like her hair, looks nice on her! The pearls is a bit much imo, but the suit is nice! But she has worn it before right?
At the moment I´m not studying. I have a gap year :) Working hard to get my drivers license asap, and some other things.. But I think I´ll start again this fall!

I dont know if its possible to get a hold of Madeleines essay. But last year when I wrote my essay, I searched for other ones in the same subject as I wrote about, and I ordered an essay from Uppsala. So it should be possible... But maybe she has some "special rules" or something because she is a princess? But on the other hand, then how could the papers got hold of it? I´ve seen her essay from 2003 published in magazines aswell. (then she wrote about "Villa Fridhem" and another royal, princess Eugenie).

More pics from Fotomarktplatz

Attachments

• Len1.jpg
    Len1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Len2.jpg
    Len2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 359
  • Len3.jpg
    Len3.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 312
Thanks for all of the photos from today. The feminist princess looks nice. Wow, a cardboard cutout of Len in her famous(or infamous) Red Nobel dress. I bet there are a lot of people who wouldn´t mind having such a thing in their possession.

Pics from eastnews:

Attachments

• Len4.jpg
    Len4.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 455
  • Len5.jpg
    Len5.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 280
  • Len6.jpg
    Len6.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 267
  • Len7.jpg
    Len7.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 286
my my doesn't she look so beautiful and i am glad she didn't kiss that frog

Dennism said:
Thanks for all of the photos from today. The feminist princess looks nice. Wow, a cardboard cutout of Len in her famous(or infamous) Red Nobel dress. I bet there are a lot of people who wouldn´t mind having such a thing in their possession.

How is wearing pearls a "feminist princess" look? Pearls have been around for centuries while feminism is a relatively new "phenomenon" that was spear-headed in the sixties/seventies.

And who is Len? Her name is Madeleine. If I were her I would really resent it if people who didn't know me in the least started shortening my name and referring to me as if I were their best friend. In the least, out of respect for Madeleine and her title, one would address her as Madeleine.

Genevieve said:
How is wearing pearls a "feminist princess" look? Pearls have been around for centuries while feminism is a relatively new "phenomenon" that was spear-headed in the sixties/seventies.

And who is Len? Her name is Madeleine. If I were her I would really resent it if people who didn't know me in the least started shortening my name and referring to me as if I were their best friend. In the least, out of respect for Madeleine and her title, one would address her as Madeleine.
I think Dennism is refering to the subject of her university paper (Solliden and Queen Victoria). When that was discussed here, we "joked" about her beeing a feminist. Don´t think it had anything to do with the pearls at all...

Len, Madde... who cares really. Personally I wouldn´t adress her as Len/ Madde if I met her irl. But doing it here, I really dont see what the big deal is!
I think Len is a cute nickname :)

Yennie said:
I think Dennism is refering to the subject of her university paper (Solliden and Queen Victoria). When that was discussed here, we "joked" about her beeing a feminist. Don´t think it had anything to do with the pearls at all...

Len, Madde... who cares really. Personally I wouldn´t adress her as Len/ Madde if I met her irl. But doing it here, I really dont see what the big deal is!
I think Len is a cute nickname :)

I also think Dennism was refering on the earlier posted article.
Isn´t "len" an adjective in swedish, and it means "soft" in english?

Yes, you´re right. I was referring to the article. Sorry for the confusion. I should address her more properly but in a discussion forum, such rules are relaxed. Yes, "len" means soft and smoothe too but it can also mean bland too as in a bland voice.

There are always people in this kind of forum that take all what they read too serious...
But i questioned myself, that if had the chance to meet the Princess how should i address them... i come from a country with no monarchy for over 200 years so, should i bow? maybe if i am in their country, should i do the same if they come to mine? probably yes if i'm an ambassador, but i'm not...hummm :)

La Chen said:
But i questioned myself, that if had the chance to meet the Princess how should i address them... i come from a country with no monarchy for over 200 years so, should i bow? maybe if i am in their country, should i do the same if they come to mine? probably yes if i'm an ambassador, but i'm not...hummm :)
The common thing to do when you are introduced to a royal here is that you say "Your Royal Highness" and then something in the normal field of meeting phrases, like "I'm honoured to meet you" or something. A hand shake is okay, you can curtsy if you like (bow if you're a man of course).

Thanx!! Yeah i'll probably do that if i happend, but i know a lot of people here that don't care for royalty or stuff relationated with (protocol, etc..), some of them really hate monarchy, so i asked them how would they address them and they're answer was not greet'em at all (if they come here) well i suppose that we'll never know for real until we have the chance...;)

I happen to really love her pearls!

How old do you have to be to drive in Sweden?

defalco said:
How old do you have to be to drive in Sweden?
18. You can start practice at 16, but you cannot get your drivers license before your 18th birthday.

Wow! I've been driving since I was 15. It's interesting to see how different countries have different laws.

To get back on topic...Does anyone know if the Princess has any summer plans?

defalco said:

I think the family always spends some time in the South of France? The King and Queen do anyway. In the past their children have always joined them. But maybe now that they are older they don't like to holiday with their parents.

Paparazzi

Crown Princess Victoria said in an interview a few years ago that she does not like the South of France because of the paparazzi.

Last edited by a moderator:
defalco said:
No clue, sine it's private business... But I would guess that the Princess will spend some time at the Royal Family's summer home Solliden on the island of Öland, and perhaps a trip so some sunnier place...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom