The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 09:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@Jun 2nd, 2003 - 7:39 pm
I think that the standards would be different for the girl whom William or Harry lives with rather than on the boys themselves. And the double standard is also that the attnetion here is being paid to Madeline living with this young man rather than the other way around as it surely would be with the young girl whom William or Harry chose to live with. I think that if William espescially chose to live with "Jane" there would be a lot of press about her suitability as a future queen and talk that she wasn't a "proper" lady even though it is 2003 and plenty of (non-royal) couples do it in this day and age.

Unfortunately for the young ladies whom William and Harry fall in love with, there will be lots of pressure on them to behave a certain dignified and proper way and living with either of the boys before marriage would be highly frowned upon.

And because Zara and Madeline (and eventually Beatrice and Eugenie) are born royal, the expectations and standards for them are different.
Hello Alexandria!

Thanks for answering. I see what you are talking about. I mean, you're very true in stating that if William and "Jane" were to move in together, it would cause quite a riot. Already, people are up in arms over Prince William and his roommate Kate [something], and they are supposedly platonic friends.

I can see how Madeleine's behavior can be "looked over" (if that's the correct phrase) because she most probably isn't going to become Queen and shall serve only as a "spare." But, isn't it quite possible that she could very easily replace "Jane?" I mean, isn't it possible that Mad might become a royal bride herself one day? If she were to marry Felipe or William or Frederik would her past relationships come up? Would people think she wasn't a "suitable" match because she lived with former boyfriends?

I highly doubt it. She's beautiful and very-well polished, and don't get me wrong, I like Mad a lot! I'm just saying that because she's royalty, she gets "away" with stuff that non-royals marrying into royalty couldn't.

Old 06-05-2003, 06:58 PM
Courtier

Next Tuesday, 10th June Princess Madeleine will celebrate her 21st Birthday.

Do anybody know if there will be a public or private celebration and if so what is planned for the day?

Thanks.

:flower:

Old 06-06-2003, 02:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don´t think there will be any official celebrations, since 21 isnt a "special" birthday in Sweden...

but I´m sure she´ll celebrate her birthday with a private birthday party
Old 06-10-2003, 09:29 AM
Majesty

Polfoto 06-06-2003
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	8385   Click image for larger version

Views:	163
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	8386  
Old 06-10-2003, 09:33 AM
Majesty

Happy Birthday Princess Madeleine, she turns 21 today, June 10
Old 06-10-2003, 10:53 AM
Nobility

I've always wondered what would happen if Crown Princess Victoria married Crown Prince Felipe or Frederick. Would the two countries combine under one royal house, or would a sibling then become a new crown prince/ess?
Old 06-10-2003, 03:07 PM
Aristocracy

Yes Happy Birthday :)
Anyone knows if she has anything special programed for today? :flower:
Old 06-10-2003, 03:38 PM
Aristocracy

Crown Prince Frederick grandmother Queen Ingrid was born princess of Sweden, doesn't that make Frederick and Victoria cousins, not in first degree but still familly
Old 06-11-2003, 02:50 AM
Majesty

Some pictures from madeleines party at a night club in stockholm
it was with friends and family

www.aftonbladet.se

madeleine and carl philip

www.aftonbladet.se

princess lilian

www.aftonbladet.se

the king gave a speach to his little girl

and he siad it was a great night before the papers came

www.aftonbladet.se

victoria and silvia

princess Christina

www.aftonbladet.se

www.aftonbladet.se

Tord Magnuson
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2003, 02:57 AM
Majesty

Alla ville festa med "Madde"

Prinsessan firade 21-årsdag på innekrog i Stockholm i natt
Det blev ett jättekalas när prinsessan Madeleine i natt firade sin 21-årsdag på innekrogen Tarantino i Stockholm.
Kungen och drottningen skålade glatt med födelsedagsbarnet som gratulerades med kyssar av pojkvännen Jonas Bergström.
- Madeleine är så glad och lycklig i kväll, sa prinsessan Lilian när hon lämnade festen i natt.
Festdeltagarna som skulle gratulera prinsessan var mycket glada i hågen när de anlände till innekrogen vid elvatiden i går kväll. Dessförinnan hade de festat på flera andra ställen i Stockholm.
Det dracks vin och hurrades för det lyckliga födelsedagsbarnet som glatt fick ta emot presenter i form av färgglada paket som hon nyfiket öppnade på plats. I ett av paketen låg en bok.

Hon kysstes av sin pojkvän
Kungen höll också ett humoristiskt tal till sin dotter.
Kungaparet skålade för Madeleine med syskonen Victoria och Carl Philip. Men de var långt ifrån ensamma.
Prinsessan Christina och hennes make Tord Magnuson med sonen Victor var också med. Liksom prinsessan Lilian och drottning Silvias brorson Patrick Sommerlath.
Vid samma bord satt även alla kungabarnens kärleks-partners.
Kronprinsessan Victorias pojkvän Daniel Westling, Carl Philips flickvän Emma Pernald och också Madeleines pojkvän, Jonas Bergström, som under kvällen blygt kysste födelsedagsbarnet.
Vid tolvtiden i natt lämnade prinsessan Lilian festen.
- Det har varit ett underbart kalas. Madeleine är så glad och lycklig i kväll, sa hon samtidigt som hon eskorterades till bilen av en säpovakt.

Kungen var på glatt humör
- En mycket trevlig kväll, men nu är det dags att åka hem, sa en glad Tord Magnuson när han lämnade krogen.
Kort därefter kom de övriga gästerna. Kungen skrattade och vinkade glatt till fotograferna innan han nådde bilen.
- Det var en kul kväll, ända tills ni kom, skojade han.
Drottning Silvia bara log när hon och kronprinsessan följde efter.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:48 PM

Can anyone translate the above article into english or at least give a brief summary of what it is about? Were Daniel W., Emma P, and Jonas B. there at the party or was the article merely naming the princesses' boyfriends and the prince's girlfriend? Thanks in advance
Old 06-11-2003, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I´ve tried it. As I´m not really talking English and Swedish, it can be a little bit confusing :P I´m already seeing Josefine, as native swedish speaker laughing, in my mind
I wonder, who was the tattletale, who told the press, what happend inside and I also wonder why Aftonbladet repeats the sentences that often.
The translation:
Princess celebrated 21. birthday at an in-tavern in Stockholm at night
There was a big party when princess Madeleine celebrated at night her 21. birthday in the in-Tavern Tarantino in Stockholm.
The King and Queen toasted happy at the birthday-child, and boyfriend Jonas Bergström congratulated with kisses.
-Madeleine is so pleasant and happy this evening, said princess Lilian, when she left the party tonight..
Particpants of the party which wanted to congratulate the princess were in high spirits (happy in mind?) when the came to the tavern at eleven o´clock (11pm) in the evening
Before that they have partied at some other places in Stockholm.
They drank wine and cheered the happy birthday child, which received presents in form of brightly-coloured packets, which she opened there curiously. In one of the packets was a book.

She was kissed of her boyfriend
The king held also a humorous speech for his daughter
The royal couple drank at Madeleine with her siblings Victoria and Carl Philip. But they weren´t alone there.
Princess Christina and her husband Tord Magnuson with son Victor were also with them. Also princess Lilian and the nephew of the Queen, Patrick Sommerlath.
At the same table sat also the partners of all royal children.
Crown princess Victorias boyfriend Daniel Westling, Carl-Philips girl friend Emma Pernald and Madeleines boyfriend Jonas Bergström too, which kissed shy the birthday-child during the evening
At about midnight left princess Lilian the party.
-That was a wonderful party. Madeleine is so pleasant ans happy this evening, she said, when she was accompanied by a bodyguard to the car

The king was in a humorous mood.
-A really pleasant evening, but now it´s time to go home, said a happy Tord Magnuson, when he left the tavern.

Shortly afterwards came the other guests (out). The king laughed and waved to the photographers before he reached the car.
-That was a cool evening, until you came, he joked

Queen Silvia just smiled, when she and the crown princess followed
Old 06-11-2003, 02:56 PM
Nobility

"What type of grades has madeleine made through out her acedemic carrer? Has she had braces? Does she or victoria have any medical problems?"
------------------------------------

It looks to me like both Madeleine and Victoria have had braces, which brings to mind why Prince William didn't see an orthodontist. He obviously should have and the same goes for Zara Phillips. Queen Margarethe also needs to see a dentist. What is it with some of these royals and their bad teeth? Are they afraid of dentists or what?
Old 06-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Hm, I´m not sure, if princess Madeleine and Victoria have had braces (At least they hadn´t permanent ones). In princess Madeleines dentition overhangs the canine (not really outstanding, but visible) a little bit and princess Victoria has a slant incisor, but maybe just a piece of it broke out. Princess Victoria can be really happy, that her eating disorder hasn´t influenced her teeth-structure, both girls have wonderful white teeth. If Queen Margrethe wouldn´t have started smoking, she would have wonderful teeth too :P The only thing that would help her would be those little white plates, could Veeners, I think. Prince William hat braces! But he asked his dentist to replace/put out the braces, because he feared he wouldn´t find a girl with that.
Old 06-11-2003, 07:29 PM
Courtier

The photo of Princess Lillian in the outfit she wore to Madeleine's Birthday shows what a wonderful figure she has for a lady of her age, I hope I look that good when I am her age!
Old 06-11-2003, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I´ve to agree, gita. She has a great figure. But on the other hand, she´s an old lady, there you actually haven´t weight problems anymore. That would be more common in Queen Silvias age, that you gain a little (or a little bit more ) So for me it´s Queen Silvia, who makes me marveling. She didn´t seem to age much in recent years and she has a as good shape as her daughters!
But I admire Lilian for her agile appearance (she´s almost 88 years old&#33 and her sometimes very "young" and funny sense of fashion. Just remember the millenium-dress she wore in Silvester 1999/2000
Old 06-11-2003, 08:57 PM
Courtier

Oh yes I remember the silver outfit she wore at the millenium celebrations, that made me laugh! Princess Lillian seems very dear to the both the King and Queen but the Royal children seem to love her with all their hearts.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:22 PM
Commoner

That black suit of Princess Lilian's is impressive -- what a chic outfit for an elderly woman. Gotta love it.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by thissal@Jun 11th, 2003 - 12:56 pm
It looks to me like both Madeleine and Victoria have had braces, which brings to mind why Prince William didn't see an orthodontist. He obviously should have and the same goes for Zara Phillips.
Prince William did have braces! This site actually had a picture of him with them on. (Its not up and running right now for some reason though...). Why does it look like Wills needs to see an orthodontist?

To me it looks like his braces paid off! He has a nice straight smile!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Views:	77
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	8482  
Old 06-12-2003, 12:28 AM
Nobility

He does have straight teeth, but that doesn't solve the other problem many orthodontists will correct. But that may have been his choice, so that is fine. Either way, he looks soooo good. B)

Closed Thread