Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström, Current Events Part 1: Aug 2003 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yennie said:
"Madeleine was devastated and felt like she was loosing control" (of the relationship?) said a friend.
"For the first time it was like they were going in different directions and disagreed on several things".
Why??? Because he went to a birthday party alone?:confused:
Who are those lame reporters? What are they? 12?

Idriel said:
Why??? Because he went to a birthday party alone?:confused:
Who are those lame reporters? What are they? 12?
Its weird :) But, after all, it was the party of one of Madeleines closest friends so imo it is a bit strange that Jonas was there and not her. But perhaps she had an exam or something like that. Or a trip to St Tropez perhaps :rolleyes:

at first glance that did not look like jonas riding but i aother royal
i will not tell you who i thought it was at first.............

Madeleine et Jonas

I don't sure that madeleine break with jonas. Magazine said this because Jonas was not in ste maxime like other years but he was at soliden.
post-42-1123437564.jpg
post-42-1123437598.jpg

This an article of aftonbladet.Jonas doesn't seem to stay a lot of time in Ste maxime but he was there. But i'm not really sure. Someone can tell me what the article say?
Madeleine: Vi är fortfarande ihop
madde.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Announcement from the TRF Team:

In an effort to conserve bandwidth, the TRF Team is making some changes to how News and Picture threads are being organized, which you may have noticed is already being made in some forums.

From this point forward, please be aware that the only images that will be allowed to be attached directly to the forum will be those of current activities of the royals, which can be posted in the Current Events threads.

Instead of posting a dozen or more pictures, please try to select a few pictures that best describe the event/occasion. Aim to conserve. Think quality not quantity.

If you wish to post pictures of events that happened a few years ago or older images of various royals, please do so in the Picture threads via a private image hosting account such as Photobucket or Imageshack.

Please note that older images which are attached directly to the forum are subject to removal by an Administrator or SuperModerator without notice to the member.

Thank you for your co-operation on this matter so that we can all continue to enjoy images of our favourite royals.

The TRF Team

In this weeks edition of Se & Hör theres a new photo of Madeleine and Jonas in an article talking about how they missed eachother so much that Jonas had to get back to Stockholm over the weekend to be with Madeleine.
They went shopping together and went to a club with some friends before Jonas headed back to London on late sunday evening

a new Madeleine and Jonas sighting:

Svensk Damtidning writes that the couple had lunch together at Cafe Creme in Stockholm recently. Madeleine had sallad while Jonas settled for a coffee. They sat at the "bar tables" facing the street...
When it was time to pay Madeleine discovered she was out of cash, so she had to run to the ATM around the corner and when she came back a few minutes later she payed for both herself and Jonas (yeah girlpower of the 2000´ :) )

there´s a new photo of them to but I have no scanner so perhaps someone else could scan the picture?
Or else we will have to wait until Ritva updates her magazine page later this week

Last edited:
Last night, a man attacked Jonas at the club Plaza in Stockholm. Madeleine was there aswell and witnessed how the man walked up to the table where she was sitting with Jonas and her friend Isabelle Brummer
He and Jonas began to argue and it kept on for a few minutes before the guards saw it and threw the man out of the club

-When the guards took him out he shouted at Jonas, that he can´t behave as he wants just because he´s Madeleine´s boyfriend, says a source
(I borrowed your sentence, Lena :))

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,740613,00.html

Last edited:
Yennie said:
Last night, a man attacked Jonas at a club in Stockholm. Madeleine was there aswell and witnessed how the man walked up to the table where she was sitting with Jonas and her friend Isabelle Brummer

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,740613,00.html

Out of the article:
-When the guards took him out he shouted at Jonas, that he can´t behave as he wants just because he´s Madeleine´s boyfriend, says a source

I wonder
a) if this really happened
b) when it really happened, if the guy acted out of a mix of jealousy & an high alcohol level
c) when it really happened, if there´s truth in this statement

I agree with you Lena.... Aftonbladet isn´t exactly the most thrustworthy newspaper. And I think there´s always someone who wants 15 seconds of fame claming something like this...

But lets see it as entertainment :)

When Madeleine gets married to Jonas or to whoever (a commoner), will she have to give up Her Royal Highness title like Martha Louise did? So will she just be Princess Madeleine of Sweden (and be Duchess of her dukedoms [duchessdoms?])?

soCal girl said:
When Madeleine gets married to Jonas or to whoever (a commoner), will she have to give up Her Royal Highness title like Martha Louise did? So will she just be Princess Madeleine of Sweden (and be Duchess of her dukedoms [duchessdoms?])?
We can't know that now, especially since there is really no precedence from previous cases (the King's sisters are cases of the old days with old laws and the old way of the Royal Court). It will the King's decision, and I'm sure Princess Madeleine will have a say herself on how she wants it.

I personally would like she still retain her HRH, and make her husband-to-be a Duke of her dudekom (like the spanish did with their infantas), and really really hope she doesn't lose her HRH like Martha-Louise did..

purple_platinum said:
I personally would like she still retain her HRH, and make her husband-to-be a Duke of her dudekom (like the spanish did with their infantas), and really really hope she doesn't lose her HRH like Martha-Louise did..

I think it´s ok, that Märtha lost her "HRH". IMO to drop it, when a Royal decides to do own work is the best solution (IMO better than to refuse it at birth)
But I can also see the problem with "my best solution". Who would decide, how much work for the crown is enough work for keeping the H.R.H.
And when you drop it, where is to draw the line between the own life and royal related life. IMO Märtha is the best (worst) example, for what happens, when one mixes these 2 fields. She´s hardly working for the crown, enjoys all advantages of being a princess and has a job, which lives from her status as princess and daughter of the king :mad:
Better she would have kept the H.R.H and would perform more duties. But that´s just me and a little OT.
I just hope Madeleine will make a clear decision!

I would like Madeleine to keep her HRH title too. I like what purple platinum said about making her future husband a duke. I know there is no precedent for it but I'm guessing this will come up in the next five years or so? And then there is also the question of her kids and what kind of titles they would receive if they were to have any.

Any recent news about Jonas and Madeleine?

I also prefer the spanish model. Madelaine keeping her HRH, her husband joining in in the dukedom and her children just commoners with their fathers last name. The belgian model is a bit to much I think (creating Astrids husband and children all HRH Princes of Belgium)

we can only hope she will remain a princess with HRH. i also hope after she finish her degree, she will do more royal duties, helping her sister with many engagements.

I wish Madeleine would also do more official duties in the future. About Madeleine's future children, I wouldn't mind them being HH or a Duke/Duchess or something. I also think it's a bit excessive to just hand out HRHs. Do Madeleine and Jonas holiday together? Wasn't there a picture of them in Paris last year? Or was that in 2005? *confused*

soCal girl said:
Do Madeleine and Jonas holiday together? Wasn't there a picture of them in Paris last year? Or was that in 2005? *confused*
Yes they do... they´ve been to Marbella, Åre, London, Båstad and ofcourse Öland together...

Actually, one of the first photos we saw of them together were taken during a holiday, when they went to Marbella in Spain in april 2003.
The photo from Paris that I think you´re talking of, was taken in may 2005

From Daniel Nyhlens Gossip page on TV4

He claims that sources has told him Madeleine and Jonas are planning to get engaged in New York. The source says: "Its getting closer, I know that Madeleine and Jonas has discussed it."

The King and Queen should be aware that Madeleine has decided that Jonas is the man she wants to share her life with
http://www.tv4.se/kandis/441571.html

But as we know The court has said there will be no engagement before the Kings birthday:rolleyes: so I guess its not much to take notice of it other than to note it as gossip/rumours.

Wedding

If Jonas and Princess Madeleine get married I think it will be in 2007 not this year.

Larzen said:
The court has said there will be no engagement before the Kings birthday:rolleyes: so I guess its not much to take notice of it other than to note it as gossip/rumours.

Did the court say this specifically about Madeleine and Jonas or any of the siblings in general? So if it's true should we expect one after the birthday?:) If Madeleine gets married first, I hope she gives Victoria some inspiration.:p

Wedding

Last December (2005) I think the Royal Court was talking about Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling.

The King has said he does not want any of his children to marry before the age of 25 and Princess Madeleine does not turn 24 until june this year so I think if the do want to marry they won't be allowed to until 2007.

I know the King said he didn't want any of his children to marry before the age of 25 but I'm sure if Madeleine and Jonas got engaged they could convince him. I agree though that it'll be 2007 if any of the children might possibly get married.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom