The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Okay, if the swedish people have said something, when have they said it? Are there any links to articles that say they have complained?
Here's an ongoing thread that's been going on for 6 years on a Swedish gossip site where people talk about how sick they are of Carl Philip playing around all the time and how useless he is and the taxpayers having to pay for it. You'll have to use Google Translator to translate things if you don't understand Swedish.

https://www.flashback.org/t125560

Old 07-23-2010, 06:17 AM
Commoner

Prince Carl Philip and his new girlfriend Sofia was not exactly alone in selecting the best in the summer. the prince's ex Emma Pernald swarm was seen at one of the summer festivals.
Prinsens ex Emma Pernald i Båstad | vimmelprinsessan

Old 07-23-2010, 07:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

They weren't aren't the same event together at the same time, don't see the probably.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Gentry

Anette Norberg urstark på finalspel | Fredrik Virtanen | Krönikörer | Nöjesbladet | Aftonbladet
Old 07-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Aristocracy

I was just reading the Prince Harry and Prince William current events threads in the British forum, and they make Carl Philip look like a joke. Harry and William do charity event after charity event while Carl Philip just plays around all the time doing basically nothing. And Harry and William are younger than CP! Sad.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Aristocracy

That's what I've been saying all along, but one of the mods (I think Marengo) was pretty clear that he is a student, and I should drop the subject. I'm glad other people feel the same way I do about CP, which is he is wasting taxpayers' money and not showing any returns for it. I stand by my words and don't wish to explain my opinion on CP anymore, as we can go round and round. I think he needs to get his act together now or else I don't blame the Swedes who wan to abolish the monarchy
Old 07-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDial View Post
I was just reading the Prince Harry and Prince William current events threads in the British forum, and they make Carl Philip look like a joke. Harry and William do charity event after charity event while Carl Philip just plays around all the time doing basically nothing. And Harry and William are younger than CP! Sad.
But you must also think about the very different societies and different tradition of the royal families between Sweden and UK. There is not a tradition of charity in Sweden in the same way as in the UK and the US for instance - the state takes care of that part . But ofcourse he could do other things, but i dont really mind his studying and partly designing.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
William and Harry have been brought up by The most hardworking Queen I think since Queen Victoria. The Swedish RF and British RF are totally different in the way they work, if William and Harry didn't do anything there would be a massive public outcry, but in CP's case, that does not seem to be the case.

Also to emphasize your point Harry and William don't just do Charity events.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
But you must also think about the very different societies and different tradition of the royal families between Sweden and UK. There is not a tradition of charity in Sweden in the same way as in the UK and the US for instance - the state takes care of that part . But ofcourse he could do other things, but i dont really mind his studying and partly designing.
I dont think, that these days the social systems in GB and Sweden are that different. Brits dont live as in the ol Charles Dickens days

Its not always about money, but also about awareness and integration.

Sweden is paying medical therapies like most EU countries, but also like most countries not psychosocial help (activities...) This is e.g. covered by organisations like Barncancerfonden. Silvia is protector, but hadnt worked with the issue for ages. Maybe she could give it to one of her children.

Many Royals (also mentioned William and Harry) arent just involved with charity in their own country, but also in countries, which have no functional social & health systems.
Since travelling areas with low hygiene standards isnt the smartest for a transplanted and since the king&queen dont get younger, it would be wise, if Madeleine or Carl Philip would cover this part.

Since last year Carl Philip is protector of "Lilla Barnet", an organisation, that is promoting research for preemies and newborns with health problems. So far he had done nothing for them.

Him designing things is nice and interesting, but I dont get the feeling, he is giving something back by designing a $$$ cutlery. Its rather as if he would get such ops, because he is a prince. And many think the same about his racing or photo exhibition.

And now Sofia. I fear a new course is overdue (I am actually not thinking, that William&Harry are 100% altruists by nature, but have a fantastic PR team behind them )
Old 07-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I think a lot of folks feel a tad sorry for C-P, because of his loss in the line of succession. (From Wikipedia) Born Crown Prince of Sweden, he retained his title and first place in succession for seven months until 1 January 1980. On that date, he was stripped of both due to a change in the Act of Succession to introduce equal primogeniture. Since then, Prince Carl Philip has been second in the line of succession, after his elder sister, Crown Princess Victoria. However, in the line of succession to the thrones of the Commonwealth realms, Prince Carl Philip is ahead of his elder sister due to those countries all operating male-preference primogeniture.

Had he not been born Crown Prince, then stripped of his inheritance, he could very well have been a very different fellow.

Don't get me wrong, I adore CP Victoria.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
William and Harry have been brought up by The most hardworking Queen I think since Queen Victoria
And do you think Victorias "Our parents had no time, when we were little" came out of the middle of nowhere?
Sweden is smaller, but the king and queen still had/have a lot to do. Esp. when they were the main players and had only Christina, Lilian and Bertil as support.
So one cant say the Bernadotte children were growing up with bad work ethics.

Quote:
if William and Harry didn't do anything there would be a massive public outcry
As Ive explained earlier there already is criticism. Regarding Carl Philip its now most about Sofia.
Madeleine got many nasty reactions on her time-out.
Outcry is so non-swedish, but jealousy is.

Quote:
I think a lot of folks feel a tad sorry for C-P
Hm, but IMO already as toddler, he gave vibes, as if the second row would be his
But its interesting to imagine, how he would be, if he would have stayed crown prince.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Nobility

Kitty: But had he not been stripped the only life not changed in the family would be Madeleine. Victoria would not bee raised as the crownprincess and not gotten the schooling she had. She would perhaps not have been stressed out so much around 95-98 and not suffering anorexia. She then wouldnt have gone to USA and study and then gotten home and decided to work out. That means not lovestory with Daniel.

Who knows, she might have been a more partying princess with more rumours than Madeleines around her.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I think a lot of folks feel a tad sorry for C-P, because of his loss in the line of succession. (From Wikipedia) Born Crown Prince of Sweden, he retained his title and first place in succession for seven months until 1 January 1980. On that date, he was stripped of both due to a change in the Act of Succession to introduce equal primogeniture. Since then, Prince Carl Philip has been second in the line of succession, after his elder sister, Crown Princess Victoria. However, in the line of succession to the thrones of the Commonwealth realms, Prince Carl Philip is ahead of his elder sister due to those countries all operating male-preference primogeniture.

Had he not been born Crown Prince, then stripped of his inheritance, he could very well have been a very different fellow.

Don't get me wrong, I adore CP Victoria.
I too think the law should not have been changed, but can you imagine Carl-Philip as Heir to the Throne with HIS behavior now?

Something tells me that he is relieved not to have his older sister's responsibilities and burdens as the Heir!
Old 07-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I too think the law should not have been changed, but can you imagine Carl-Philip as Heir to the Throne with HIS behavior now?

Something tells me that he is relieved not to have his older sister's responsibilities and burdens as the Heir!
Well, the majority of the support the royal house has comes from the fact that Victoria is the one behaving herself. If she dies without a child we are left with Carl-Philip as the heir to the throne and then the monarchy will see the popularity drop like a stone
Old 08-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Gentry

I hope soon we can see CP's photo from Stockholm open
Old 08-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
.... while Carl Philip just plays around all the time doing basically nothing. ...
The problem for Carl Philip is the lack of a well defined role.
The role of the king is clear; the queen consort has found her niche over the years.
The crown-princess role is to be an understudy and train to take over the sovereign role any time but the role of a 2nd or 3rd tier royal is not well defined, except to "support the king"; this is a vague role in which some people have failed and ended up as bored, unfocused partying royals. One example comes to mind: the late Princess Margaret in the UK. I hope CP is not following this path!

At his age most "normal" people have found jobs, are busy establishing careers, in other words at that age one should have found some direction. CP clearly has not.
They (the court) need to find him something meaningful to do, fast! Ditto for Madeleine and now Daniel.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:08 PM

Madeleine has found something meaningful to do: she does work for World Childhood Foundation. At least she's doing charity work; we have yet to see Carl Philip do the same.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:02 PM
Serene Highness

Let's say that CP Victoria had daughters but no sons. If her brother CP Carl Philip had a son, who would be the heir to the throne. Would it be CP Victoria's daughter or CP Carl Philip's son? This sucession stuff confuses me. Forgive me. I'm not up on all this.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:31 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Princess Victoria's children will come before Carl Philip's, regardless of whether they are male or female. When Victoria has her first child, CP (and Madeleine) will move down the line of succession to 3rd and 4th places - Victoria will still be #1, her first child will be #2. Carl Philip's children will slot in between him and Madeleine, based on order of their birth. Madeleine's children will follow her in the line of succession.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:35 AM
Gentry

Madeleine och Carl Philip p festhumr i Grekland

Google Translate

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, current events, prince carl philip