The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 8th, 2004 - 10:25 pm
  Ronan Keating I have heard of. Isn´t he rather famous in Europe?
*g* This reminds me of a statement of Britney Spears, who said, that she will help Robbie Williams to become a big star (which he already is-of course. I don´t think, that there are many in Europe, who don´t know him. The same with Ronan Keating- but Ronan hasn´t produced many new big things in the last couple of months):P

Old 06-08-2004, 07:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Jun 8th, 2004 - 4:03 pm
Wow, Lionel Richie. I´m really suprised...ususally there aren´t that known artists, who perform on the Victoria-day.
I hope he will come with his daughter Nicole and her friend Paris, so that Madeleine can socialize with them  
or maybe there is a special present. daniel jumping out of a cake with a ring as present!

Old 06-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by mixer2002de+Jun 8th, 2004 - 11:46 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mixer2002de @ Jun 8th, 2004 - 11:46 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Jun 8th, 2004 - 4:03 pm
Wow, Lionel Richie. I´m really suprised...ususally there aren´t that known artists, who perform on the Victoria-day.
I hope he will come with his daughter Nicole and her friend Paris, so that Madeleine can socialize with them *
or maybe there is a special present. daniel jumping out of a cake with a ring as present&#33; [/b][/quote]
This would be cool...but it wouldn´t be very Royal. But maybe he will then sit as "fiance" on the side of Victoria...who knows (well, it would surprise me, Daniel has just started Master Training2...I guess if he really has the intention to marry her, he probably wants to accumulate an own little fortune before)
Old 06-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Courtier

on the other hand side vic is getting older. and viks mum wants grandchildren, so it is said by some newspapers/yello press articles. so he has not much time to gain a fortune anymore&#33;

but he could sell his "royal" training centre to someone who woule be proud of owning it&#33;
Old 06-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by mixer2002de@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:02 am

but he could sell his "royal" training centre to someone who woule be proud of owning it&#33;
What about Madeleine and/or Carl Philip. Both have nothing to do, so why shouldn´t they lead a little business and learn a few things about the real life :P
Old 06-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Courtier

madeleine and carl as fitness trainer.
maybe i would take some courses told by madeleine :)
Whom would you book?

I think the swedes would protest, at least the competitors. and what if they make a mistake?
Old 06-08-2004, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by mixer2002de@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:08 am
madeleine and carl as fitness trainer.

Whom would you book?

I think the swedes would protest, at least the competitors. and what if they make a mistake?
:woot: Carl-Philip of course...and nice as I´m I would also buy a membership card for Yennie

Well, then daddy would pay for the mistake ok, you´re right to work as enterprisers isn´t an good idea for Royal children, but I hope that both one day will work as employees or freelancers&#33;
Old 06-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Courtier

well what would the public say
if they build up a company like e.g ericsson
with thousands of employees
and than ruin it and get thousands of people unemployed&#33;

daddy just might not have enough money&#33;
Old 06-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Lena+Jun 8th, 2004 - 5:35 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jun 8th, 2004 - 5:35 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dennism@Jun 8th, 2004 - 10:25 pm
&nbsp; Ronan Keating I have heard of. Isn´t he rather famous in Europe?
*g* This reminds me of a statement of Britney Spears, who said, that she will help Robbie Williams to become a big star (which he already is-of course. I don´t think, that there are many in Europe, who don´t know him. The same with Ronan Keating- but Ronan hasn´t produced many new big things in the last couple of months):P [/b][/quote]
Okay. Well, I just thought that Ronan might not be as famous as I thought because he is Irish and I know may have seen his name in connection with Ireland and so on. That thing about Robbie is hilarious. I´m sure I had heard of him long before most Americans had though. But that is funny.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by mixer2002de@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:14 am
well what would the public say
if they build up a company like e.g ericsson
with thousands of employees
and than ruin it and get thousands of people unemployed&#33;

daddy just might not have enough money&#33;
Madeleine and Carl Philip building up a business like Ericsson..well, to be honest I don´t think that anyone of these european Royals could do this&#33;
Old 06-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Majesty

Maybe not them but Prince Charles´ Organic food company does pretty well.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Jun 8th, 2004 - 6:11 pm

:woot: Carl-Philip of course...and nice as I´m I would also buy a membership card for Yennie

Well, then daddy would pay for the mistake ok, you´re right to work as enterprisers isn´t an good idea for Royal children, but I hope that both one day will work as employees or freelancers&#33;
and you would do a personal workout video together with him :grrr:
Old 06-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Majesty

"Lena, when you spot me, you are not supposed to hold on too tightly". :P
Old 06-08-2004, 08:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Jun 8th, 2004 - 6:18 pm

Madeleine and Carl Philip building up a business like Ericsson..well, to be honest I don´t think that anyone of these european Royals could do this&#33;
so you think they might not be agressive enough? to run a big business
Old 06-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by mixer2002de+Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:25 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mixer2002de &#064; Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:25 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Jun 8th, 2004 - 6:18 pm

so you think they might not be agressive enough? to run a big business [/b][/quote]
yes...They were never educated to do this. And as they all always had enough money and knew that they will always have, they don´t seem to have the "esurience" they need to raise. And in the opposite to the children of very fortunate parents, they are all the time praised for just being there. They grow up with the awareness to be something special. And the current "examples" in the Royal houses speak volumes. I would say only the 2 sons of Beatrix work really. But all the other siblings of the crown princes + crown princess don´t have really a job.
Yes, Prince Charles and prince Henrik have their little businesses...but I think not many would disagree, when I say, that their businesses would NEVER flourish, when there wouldn´t be the well known titles etc.
And to get back to Victoria...I know that Victoria was criticsed because she said, that she would work with international conflict resolution, when she wouldn´t be crown princess. And even though I like Victoria and appreciate her very much...here I agree with the critics. Without being princess Victoria would (almost) never get a foot in the door of/in the top league of international Organisations like the UNO&#33;
Old 06-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Majesty

Well, Henrik´s case would be interesting. French wine is something that normally sells well no matter what but you´re right that it probably would not be as successful were it not for the name. But we do not know that. As for Charles, his company did not post profits in the first year. Maybe the second year too. Perhaps true about Victoria but we do not know either.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness

Wow she is looking slim&#33; Why did she hide under that blue caftan at the Spanish wedding&#33;
Old 06-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@Jun 9th, 2004 - 7:55 pm
Wow she is looking slim&#33; Why did she hide under that blue caftan at the Spanish wedding&#33;
This will be a mystery forever :P But I hope now she has seen that it wasn´t a good choice and that it disappeared in the container for old clothes-forever. Yes, I even would less mind, if she would wear the outfit of the polar music prize with 100 pounds more "on her rips"-instead of this superman-costume at the spanish pre-wedding dinner&#33;&#33;

BTW I can´t wait to see, what she wears on Saturday&#33;&#33;
Old 06-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Majesty

Congratulations to Lena on her 2,000th post.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena+Jun 9th, 2004 - 2:00 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 2:00 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette@Jun 9th, 2004 - 7:55 pm
This will be a mystery forever :P But I hope now she has seen that it wasn´t a good choice and that it disappeared in the container for old clothes-forever. Yes, I even would less mind, if she would wear the outfit of the polar music prize with 100 pounds more "on her rips"-instead of this superman-costume at the spanish pre-wedding dinner&#33;&#33;

BTW I can´t wait to see, what she wears on Saturday&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
Whats on Saturday?
Anyway i do not think that this dress was awful. Actually when you change its color to black it would be perfect for a funeral&#33; But for a marriage it was a bad choice&#33;

Tags
crown princess victoria, current events, stockholm