Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 11: September 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria participated today in a meeting with SeaBOS from Haga Palace.

Court website
On Monday, May 11, the Crown Princess attended the digital meeting around SeaBOS (Seafood Business for Ocean Stewardship), which takes place over two days.
The Crown Princess began the digital meeting by saying, among other things:
"Right now, the world is in the middle of a pandemic that is affecting all of our lives. I fully understand that as leading seafood companies, you have many other, pressing matters to tend to at this time.
Still, you have chosen to be here today. And that means a lot.
Your participation in this meeting is evidence of your true and long-term commitment to SeaBOS; to a sustainable seafood production and a healthy ocean.
Thanks to you, we can keep pushing ahead, despite everything else going on right now."
Representatives from the world's ten largest seafood companies, as well as experts and researchers in the area, attend the meeting.
SeaBOS aims to make the world's fishing more sustainable. The digital work meeting will discuss issues such as IUU Fishing (Illegal, Unreported, Unregulated), plastics in the seas, antibiotic use and planning for the next meeting which will take place in October.
Kronprinsessan i möte med SeaBOS - Sveriges Kungahus

Victoria said at her speech also:
I would have loved to be able to welcome all of you to Stockholm today. But instead, let me say how glad I am that we are able to meet like this, instead.
And a special welcome to those of you that are with us for the first time.
My own first meeting within the SeaBOS initiative was the Keystone Dialogue in the Maldives in November 2016. Today, three and a half years later, it is a great pleasure to see you - our community of collaborative change makers keeps on growing! (...)
Dear friends. It takes courage to make the right decisions; especially when those decisions are difficult, uncomfortable, or sometimes expensive. But that is what true leaders do. They lead by example. That is what you do. And I am immensely proud to be part of your initiative.
Now, I look forward to seeing what you will achieve during the three days that we have ahead of us. I wish you the best of luck, and a productive and successful meeting.
The speech
H.K.H. Kronprinsessans öppningsanförande vid arbetsmöte med SeaBOS, måndagen den 11 maj 2020 - Sveriges Kungahus

Part of Victoria's speech at court Youtube

Last edited:
I got quite excited to see the painting in the background. It seems very fitting to have that most famous portrait of married couple Gustav IV Adolf and Fredrika in place at Haga Palace which they had built as a summer home for their big family. If my memory serves me right they're pictured standing at the site of the new palace with the old pavilion of Gustav III in the background.
Victoria participated today in a meeting with SeaBOS from Haga Palace.

Court website
On Monday, May 11, the Crown Princess attended the digital meeting around SeaBOS (Seafood Business for Ocean Stewardship), which takes place over two days.
The Crown Princess began the digital meeting by saying, among other things:
"Right now, the world is in the middle of a pandemic that is affecting all of our lives. I fully understand that as leading seafood companies, you have many other, pressing matters to tend to at this time.
Still, you have chosen to be here today. And that means a lot.
Your participation in this meeting is evidence of your true and long-term commitment to SeaBOS; to a sustainable seafood production and a healthy ocean.
Thanks to you, we can keep pushing ahead, despite everything else going on right now."
Representatives from the world's ten largest seafood companies, as well as experts and researchers in the area, attend the meeting.
SeaBOS aims to make the world's fishing more sustainable. The digital work meeting will discuss issues such as IUU Fishing (Illegal, Unreported, Unregulated), plastics in the seas, antibiotic use and planning for the next meeting which will take place in October.
Kronprinsessan i möte med SeaBOS - Sveriges Kungahus

Victoria said at her speech also:
I would have loved to be able to welcome all of you to Stockholm today. But instead, let me say how glad I am that we are able to meet like this, instead.
And a special welcome to those of you that are with us for the first time.
My own first meeting within the SeaBOS initiative was the Keystone Dialogue in the Maldives in November 2016. Today, three and a half years later, it is a great pleasure to see you - our community of collaborative change makers keeps on growing! (...)
Dear friends. It takes courage to make the right decisions; especially when those decisions are difficult, uncomfortable, or sometimes expensive. But that is what true leaders do. They lead by example. That is what you do. And I am immensely proud to be part of your initiative.
Now, I look forward to seeing what you will achieve during the three days that we have ahead of us. I wish you the best of luck, and a productive and successful meeting.
The speech
H.K.H. Kronprinsessans öppningsanförande vid arbetsmöte med SeaBOS, måndagen den 11 maj 2020 - Sveriges Kungahus

Part of Victoria's speech at court Youtube

Great speech from Victoria once again.

Yes. Rare Diseases Europe told on 10th May that Victoria will be one of the speakers.

Victoria's speech at court website, she said among other things:
As patron of Rare Diseases Sweden, it is an honour to have this opportunity to address you all.
I wish I could welcome you all to Sweden and Stockholm, at this the most beautiful time of the year. However, as we all know, meeting each other in person is not an option right now.
I fully understand the disappointment of not being able to meet face to face. From speaking with Malin Grände of Rare Diagnosis Sweden, I have come to understand how important this conference is, as a meeting place and a chance to connect with others in the same situation as you.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessans inledningsord vid europeisk konferens om sällsynta sjukdomar, ECRD2020, Stockholm, torsdagen den 14 maj 2020 - Sveriges Kungahus

Court website
On Thursday, May 14, the Crown Princess gave an introductory speech at the European conference ECRD2020, on rare diagnoses.
The conference, which was to be held in Stockholm on May 14-15, will be held digitally this year on the occasion of the covid-19 pandemic. The Crown Princess, who is the patron of Sällsynta Diagnoser (Rare Diseases Sweden), started the digital conference by saying:
"That's why organizations like yours, and meetings like this, are so important: To give voice to those who need to be heard. To share knowledge and experiences. And to remind us that even when the world gives you plenty of reasons to feel that way, you are not alone. "
Kronprinsessan deltog i digital konferens om sällsynta diagnoser - Sveriges Kungahus

Thank you HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, patron of Rare Diseases Sweden @sallsynt
"Even when the world gives you plenty of reasons to feel that way, you are NOT alone"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAKfShIDKxc/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAKhF1qAk5o/

Over 800 people attended this digital conference.

Some screenshots from the video
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010030011L15894837812033397
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010030021L15894837812033397
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010030031L15894837812033397
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010030041L15894837812033397
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010030051L15894837812033397

Last edited:
Victoria participated today also at the closing day of SeaBOS work meeting. She participated at the first day on Monday and gave a speech.

Victoria has today again been volunteering at Stockholm City Mission (she was there on 30th March). She has been the patron of Stockholm City Mission since 2010.
Victoria received Food4Heroes delivery:
"Our lovely Crown Princess is back at @stockholmsstadsmission again. Here she is with and receives a @ food4heroes.sthlm delivery❣️"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAUwiAqp366/

Last edited:
Some interesting webinars at Victoria's calendar during the next two weeks
2nd June
United Nations Online High-Level Meeting on Sustainable Ocean Business
Online High-Level Meeting on Sustainable Ocean Business _ UN Global Compact

3rd June
Webinar "Building back better – Finance and development leaders in joint action", Victoria will give opening remarks
Building back better - Sida

8th June
Webinar "The Swedish decade for marine research" on the occasion of World Ocean Day
Webbinarium_ Det svenska årtiondet för havsforskning - Formas

Victoria has today again been volunteering at Stockholm City Mission (she was there on 30th March and 18th May). She was delivering food boxes and making coffee.

Everything became known when these were posted to Instagram and Twitter
https://www.instagram.com/p/CA44Rd2gzAJ/

Svensk Damtidning called to the court and information officer Ulrika Näsholm told that Victoria was again volunteering at Stockholm City Mission:
Crown Princess Victoria in private - out on the town. And then this happened! See the pictures from her secret visit to Södermalm today.
Here, Crown Princess Victoria celebrates June - on a segway! And not any segway, but here it is the Stockholm police who put gold lining on her outing in summer-Stockholm.
- Royal Segway Group, Södermalm! writes Viktor Adolphson, an area police officer in the Södermalm security group and external commander in the emergency operations, on Twitter. And the police in the far left of the picture, who instagrams under the name Doktorn @doktornpodcast writes:
- The Segway police have been reinforced today by the very Crown Princess ...
All this happened at lunchtime, at Mariatorget. The fact that Crown Princess Victoria was out there was due to her having spent another day as a royal volunteer at St. Paul, the City Mission's meeting point which now in corona times delivers food boxes home to the elderly living in vulnerability and loneliness. That's what Ulrika Näsholm at the court says to Svensk Damtidning.
Se bilderna! Victorias privata dag på stan _ Svensk Dam

Last edited:
Victoria took today part in a webinar, the United Nations Online High-Level Meeting on Sustainable Ocean Business.
As a stepping stone towards the UN Ocean Conference, the UN Global Compact, together with UN partners, will convene a High-Level Meeting on Sustainable Ocean Business and the 2030 Agenda. Senior executives from business, academia, civil society, the United Nations and Governments will be invited to participate in a multi-stakeholder dialogue on the role of businesses and governments to ensure a more healthy and productive ocean by 2030.
Amina J. Mohammed, UN Deputy Secretary-General, gave the opening remarks.
https://ungc-communications-assets....ications/Agenda_Online-High-Level-Meeting.pdf

The court at its website:
On Tuesday, June 2, the Crown Princess attended the UN's Digital High Level Meeting about Sustainable Ocean Business and the 2030 Agenda.
The high-level meeting was a follow-up to the World Ocean Conference organized by Sweden and Fiji 2017 at the UN in New York.
At the high-level meeting, the UN Global Compact report "Ocean Stewardship 2030" was lifted. The report describes a new action plan, as well as criteria, for how seafood companies should work to achieve the UN's global sustainability goals, as well as ensure sustainable seas.
Kronprinsessan deltog vid digitalt högnivåmöte om _Sustainable Ocean Business and the 2030 Agenda - Sveriges Kungahus

Photo at court Facebook
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=a3ee0fea4b5c40eaf779b739b3c03968&oe=5EFC6A93

Last edited:
Victoria spoke just at the webinar "Building back better – Finance and development leaders in joint action", she gave opening remarks. Among them who gave the opening remarks, were also Amina J. Mohammed, Deputy Secretary-General, United Nations and Peter Eriksson, Minister for international development cooperation.
The Global Investors for Sustainable Development, GISD*, is an initiative launched by the UN Secretary-General in 2019, with inspiration from the Swedish alliance SISD (among others). In conjunction with their global digital GISD conference in Stockholm, Sida together with UN DESA is organizing a global on-line conference on how to build back better from Covid-19 pandemic through long-term investment in sustainable development. This special Development Talks public session will explore the role of investors in scaling up long-term investment for a sustainable recovery. How can investors, development actors and the UN work together to support reaching the 2030 Agenda, in a post-pandemic world?
Building back better - Sida

"A great and urgent task to take on" says Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden in opening remarks about a strong shift to sustainable investments #BuildBackBetter. She says todays topic is close to her heart

I stan an eloquent Princess! #Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria is an #SDG #GlobalGoals Advocate at the #Fin4Dev #BuildBackBetter @sida & @UNDESA
conference.

Sustainable Development is a great investment says HRH Crown princess Victoria of Sweden at Building Back Better Finance and Development leaders in joint action @sida @UNDESA

"The deadline for #Agenda2030 is coming close. With #inclusivegrowth & #greenrecovery from #COVID19 we can create a 'new business-as-usual' that includes #ClimateAction & allows a little girl become a leader" - Crown Princess Victoria of #Sweden.

Video, Victoria's speech starts at 8.05.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqyw5W16JEk
Amina J. Mohammed, Deputy Secretary-General, United Nations, spoke after Victoria and first thanked Victoria for having been United Nations Sustainable Goals Advocate (now Victoria is an alumni).

Last edited:
The royal court at its website:
On Wednesday, June 3, the Crown Princess participated in the digital conference Building back better on investments in sustainable development.
During the afternoon, the Crown Princess gave a speech at the digital conference Building back better, which was organized by the Board of International Development Cooperation (Sida) and the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs.
The conference discussed how the covid-19 pandemic affects the outside world and how investors, development players and the UN can work together to build a better world after the pandemic.
Kronprinsessan deltog vid digital konferens om hållbar utveckling - Sveriges Kungahus

Victoria said at her speech among other things:
Ladies and gentlemen. 2030 is only a decade away. I don’t know where any of us will be in ten years from now. But I do know this: Sustainable development is a great investment.
In ten years, a country with clean, affordable energy is a more resilient country.
A landscape with restored biodiversity is a landscape that supports people, health and economy.
A city with smart infrastructure is a more prosperous city.
And in ten years, a girl who gets an education can become, not just a woman who supports herself, but – a leader. Her future is our future – and we need to invest in that, today.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessans tal vid konferensen ”Building back better from Covid-19 pandemic through long-term investment in sustainable development”, onsdagen den 3 juni 2020 - Sveriges Kungahus

Part of Victoria's speech was put to court Instagram this evening
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBBN4F3A3nF/

Last edited:
The Crown Princess paid attention to the World Ocean Day
On Monday, June 8, the Crown Princess paid attention to the World Ocean Day, by participating in the webinar "The Swedish Decade of Marine Research".
The webinar, organized by Formas and Universeum, focused on the Swedish decade of marine research for sustainable development.
Formas, the Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management, the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute SMHI and Sida have been given a government assignment to develop, together with the Swedish Institute for the Marine Environment, a Swedish implementation plan for the UN decade for marine research. Together, they presented the proposed Swedish priority areas - Innovation, Data Modeling, Marine Awareness and Ecosystem-based marine management.
In her speech, the Crown Princess said:
"With knowledge comes understanding.
And with understanding we can bring change.
Ladies and gentlemen: You have a tremendously important task ahead of you. It is not just about raising the issues of sustainable seas, but also about pushing them forward. While there is still a chance to change. I will follow your work with great interest and I wish you the best of luck!"
Kronprinsessan uppmärksammar Världshavsdagen - Sveriges Kungahus

Victoria's speech
Screenshots
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010100011E15916274162098364
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010100021E15916274162098364

Victoria's speech
H.K.H Kronprinsessans tal vid webbinarium om den svenska agendan för FN:s årtionde för havsforskning, Världshavsdagen, från Haga slott, måndagen den 8 juni 2020 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Last edited:
Viktor Adolphson from the Segway police has written at his Twitter about Victoria volunteering again at Stockholm's Stadsmission on 1st June, at Svensk Damtidning:
Crown Princess Victoria has always cared about the most vulnerable - and they seem to appreciate her commitment.
She is a patron of the Stadsmission and regularly helps with, among other things, distributing food to homeless people in Stockholm, which has proven to be popular among the organization's regulars
As late as last week, she was there helping, taking the opportunity to take a trip on the segway with the Södermalm police.
It was also the police who during the time the Crown Princess assisted the other volunteers in their work noted the reactions of those who visited the place to get a meal. Here are some of the positive calls:
- How nice she is. This is apanage!
- Today I have been treated by a royal !!
- Here with us as well. The Princess.
It was police Viktor Adolphson who shared his experience via his Twitter account, and writes that he too was moved by Victoria's work.
Orden till Victoria – berör med sitt engagemang _ Svensk Dam

Viktor Adolphson wrote at his Twitter
"The regulars at Stadsmission's delivery of food are moved by the Crown Princess handing the food to them. So am I."

At the website of the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals Advocates, about Victoria speaking at webinar "Building back better – Finance and development leaders in joint action", on 3rd June:
On June 3rd, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) and the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA) organized a conference to discuss the role of long-term investment in sustainable development in recovering from COVID-19. Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Advocate alumnus Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Deputy Secretary-General (DSG) of the UN Amina Mohammed participated in the conference and highlighted financing initiatives required to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Crown Princess Victoria emphasized that despite the pandemic, the world cannot delay achieving the SDGs by 2030. COVID-19 has caused people everywhere to witness the effects of poverty, inequality, and conflict on the most vulnerable and the human and economic catastrophes caused by climate change. Now more than ever, financial actors are aware of the benefits of investing in a sustainable future. The pandemic has created various difficulties but also paved a path to endless opportunities. The global crisis is a chance to set the world on track for a sustainable recovery and ensure that financing for sustainable development is accessible for everyone. This can only be achieved with the collaboration of the private and public sectors.
Crown Princess Victoria and the DSG emphasised that working together in solidarity as an international community will guarantee a more equitable, inclusive, and sustainable global economy for all.
Crown Princess Victoria and Deputy Secretary General Amina Mohammed Participate in Build Back Better Webinar for Finance and Development — SDG Advocates

SDG Advocates at Twitter on 8th June, World Ocean Day
"@UN SDG Advocate alumnus Crown Princess Victoria is dedicated to promoting innovation, efficiency, and equity in water. She was the keynote speaker at @siwi_water World Water Week and is the Patron of the Stockholm Junior Water Prize #WorldOceansDay"

Victoria gave today opening remarks at a session "Interconnected Ocean: Harnessing Cross-Sectoral Synergies to Accelerate Sustainable Ocean Business" at The UN Global Compact Leaders Summit, a virtual High-Level meeting.

The UN Global Compact Leaders Summit will bring together thousands of leaders to decide how business can support countries and communities around the world to recover better, recover stronger, and recover together from three global crises – health, inequality and climate.
Our 20th anniversary Leaders Summit will virtually convene leading voices from Business, Government, the United Nations, Civil Society and Academia for a 26-hour conversation about how we can rebuild more inclusive economies and societies to set a new course for a socially just, low-carbon and climate resilient world, where no one is left behind.
https://registration.unglobalcompact.org/website/12559/home/

HRH Princess Victoria of Sweden joining the @globalcompact's Sustainable Ocean Business meeting to offer her excellent opening remarks on the importance of ocean stewardship

Victoria said at her speech among other things:
As an advocate alumni for the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals I have chosen to focus on marine and water issues.
This has given me, among other things, the opportunity to be part of the SeaBOS initiative, which I believe some of you are familiar with.
SeaBOS stands for Seafood Business for Ocean Stewardship. It involves ten of the world’s largest seafood companies, in close collaboration with a scientific team, led by the Stockholm Resilience Centre, and united by a vision of ocean stewardship.
On issues ranging from labour abuse to the use of plastics and antibiotics, the members of SeaBOS are using the best available science to set new standards for their industry, leading a global transformation towards sustainable seafood production and a healthy ocean.
Now, if ten large companies can start to transform their whole industry – just imagine what can be achieved with the almost ten thousand companies of the UN Global Compact! (...)
Again: we need to find a way to use the ocean without using it up. Now, the world is looking to you to find that way. And I look forward to following your important work.
The speech
H.K.H. Kronprinsessans tal vid UN Global Compact Leaders Summit, sessionen “Interconnected Oceans_ Harnessing Cross-Sectoral Synergies to Accelerate Sustainable Ocean Business”, tisdagen den 16 juni 20

Last edited:
Press release from Stockholm Pride

HRH Crown Princess Victoria opens Stockholm Pride's digital parade
It is an honor for Stockholm Pride to present HRH Crown Princess Victoria as the opening speaker of this year's Stockholm Digital Pride Parade on Saturday, August 1st. This is the first time anyone from the Swedish royal family participates in a connection with Stockholm Pride.
"It feels incredibly nice that the Crown Princess wants to open our Digital Pride Parade and stand up for the rights of LGBTQ people at a time when we think it is needed more than ever. We are very pleased with the support that means a lot to us in Sweden and to the signal it sends to the movement internationally", says Vix Herjeryd, Chairman of Stockholm Pride.
This year's edition of Stockholm Pride is set for a digitally streamed festival this year between 31 July and 2 August. The parade, which is one of the biggest events of the year in Stockholm, and which in recent years has attracted about 50,000 participants and 500,000 in the audience, will this year be digital under the name Stockholm Digital Pride Parade. The broadcast will run between 12.00-14.00 under the direction of actor and pride veteran Robert Fux and award-winning comedian Petrina Solange. Crown Princess Victoria starts the digital manifestation with an introductory speech and the broadcast will then consist of greetings from well-known LGBT profiles, artists and contributions that the community itself has submitted.
The broadcast can be followed at www.stockholmpride.org and the audience is also invited to check in at the parade event on Facebook and post their own Pride celebration during #taggaochflagga, all for the feeling of community even though we are not taking the streets of Stockholm this year.
H. K. H. Kronprinsessan Victoria inleder Stockholm Prides digitala parad - Stockholm Pride
Translation

A lot of press articles in swedish media about Victoria opening the Stockholm Pride's digital parade on 1st August.

In a text message to Expressen, the director of the press department Margareta Thorgren writes that the crown princess is happy about the opportunity to start this year's Pride.
- Pride week is an important time of year for many. This year, the celebration because of the corona must be done in a different way and the Crown Princess has gladly accepted to start the digital Pride parade, she writes.
Kronprinsessan inleder årets Stockholm Pride

Kronprinsessan Victoria talar på Pride 2020 _ Svensk Dam

Kronprinsessan Victoria inviger festlig regnbågsfestival - Allt om kungligt

The court published today at its Youtube Victoria's speech on 16th June at "Interconnected Ocean: Harnessing Cross-Sectoral Synergies to Accelerate Sustainable Ocean Business" at The UN Global Compact Leaders Summit, a virtual High-Level meeting.

Victoria was volunteering for the fourth day for Stockholms Stadsmission (City Mission) on 8th June at St Paul's Church.
"Thank you Crown Princess Victoria for letting me talk to you briefly and bless you, Daniel with family. Yes you can not say so much in a full food queue while hungry people waiting. Thanks for a good conversation about old good Ockelbo and memories in mere. Thank you for being yourself Victoria despite the title, the crown on your head, you serve in good office, are hearty down to earth and do good important deeds in the service of God"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBK_YnAHDAs/

Victoria gave today an introductory speech at Stockholm Pride's Digital Parade, which started at 12.00.
Screenshots
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Video at court Youtube
And with english subtitles at Stockholm Pride Youtube
Victoria's speech
She said among other things
At the same time, we must not forget that even here in Sweden there are many - young and old - who do not dare to be open.
There are families and contexts where the view of LGBTQI people is still characterised by prejudice and ignorance.
If you are one of those who can't or dare not to be open about who you are, I just want you to know one thing:
You have the right to be exactly who you are, and we are many of us who stand behind you.
I stand behind you.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessans tal vid inledning av Stockholm Prides digitala parad, lördagen den 1 augusti 2020 - Sveriges Kungahus

Last edited:
Press release from Stockholm Pride

[...]

"It feels incredibly nice that the Crown Princess wants to open our Digital Pride Parade and stand up for the rights of LGBTQ people at a time when we think it is needed more than ever. We are very pleased with the support that means a lot to us in Sweden and to the signal it sends to the movement internationally", says Vix Herjeryd, Chairman of Stockholm Pride.

[...]

H. K. H. Kronprinsessan Victoria inleder Stockholm Prides digitala parad - Stockholm Pride
Translation

Why "more than ever"? Has anything occurred recently in Sweden?

The court at its website
Kronprinsessan inledningstalade vid Stockholm Prides digitala parad - Sveriges Kungahus

Court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDV94r2gJPI/

SVT News
This year, it is Crown Princess Victoria who will give the opening speech at this year's digital edition of Stockholm's Pride Parade.
- Party, joy and above all pride are usually in the air when the big parade goes through the city - this year the situation is different, she says.
Due to the current corona pandemic, this year's pride festival is held digitally in Stockholm. in June, it was announced that Crown Princess Victoria would be this year's opening speaker for the parade.
Despite the fact that this year's festival takes place without the traditional parade through the city, the princess emphasizes in her speech that you can still experience the feeling of the festival from a distance.
She also emphasizes the importance of carrying out the festival and standing up for the LGBTQ movement during the pandemic, when much is put on pause and development goes backwards in some places.
- It is a reminder of all the progress that has been made - but also of everything that remains to be done. And that responsibility rests on all of us. On you and on me. We must not be silent, says the princess in the speech.
First out in the royal family
Crown Princess Victoria is the first member of the royal family to participate in a context with Stockholm Pride. However, she has shown commitment to the movement on previous occasions, for example in 2014 when she participated in the QX gala and handed out the award "Gay of the Year".
Kronprinsessan_ Vi får inte bli tysta _ SVT Nyheter

The Crown Princess' words: "I stand behind you"
Crown Princess Victoria begins the Pride Festival on Saturday.
She addressed directly to anyone who does not dare to be open because of their sexuality.
- I stand behind you, she said in her inaugural speech.
Kronprinsessan Victoria invigde Pridefestivalen 2020

Victoria's words made the host cry: "I stand behind you"
Crown Princess Victoria gave a speech to inaugurate this year's Stockholm Pride. And what a speech it was!
Crown Princess Victoria is passionate about the LGBTQ movement and its rights in society. Everyone remembers when she made an acclaimed appearance at the QX gala and elicited both roaring applause and tears of joy.
It was therefore more than logical that Victoria had to give the opening speech for this year's Pride festival, which this year will be a digital event.
Host Robert Fux was noticeably moved after Victoria's speech.
- Wow, thank you! The mascara almost started to flow, says Robert.
Kronprinsessan Victoria invigde Pride _ Svensk Dam

This is very big. This year, our Crown Princess has chosen to greet @rfsl_official and the inaugural speech at @stockholmpride. She listens and uses her voice to mark for everyone's right to be themselves. Everyone needs to do that. Nothing happens in a vacuum, everyone with power has a choice #stockholmpride
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDV9ZGUJ--z/

Like other major events, Stockholm Pride has had to adapt significantly to the prevailing corona pandemic. Among other things, the Pride Parade, which usually attracts thousands of participants to walk through Stockholm with rainbow flags, has been moved to digital platforms.
And for the first time, the pride parade is inaugurated by Crown Princess Victoria.
- She gladly accepted the request to give an introductory speech at this year's digital pride parade. The Crown Princess is aware of how important a meeting place Pride is for LGBTQI people in ordinary years. The Crown Princess hopes that the digital celebration will be a good alternative, says Johan Tegel, information officer at the court.
Will the Crown Princess participate in any other event during the Pride weekend?
- I can only answer for the official program, and that is the introductory speech that the Crown Princess gives. Then everyone can take part in the various seminars and program items that Stockholm Pride has, says Johan Tegel.
The Crown Princess couple has previously been involved in LGBTQI issues in the form of, among other things, visiting RFSL and informing themselves about how to work and focus on inclusion in sports, and how developments look internationally in LGBTQI issues.
Kunglig inledning på digital prideparad _ GP

Last edited:
Why "more than ever"? Has anything occurred recently in Sweden?
Reported hate crimes against the LGBTQ are on the rise in Sweden and there is a lot of right wing propa4 against the LGBTQ on social media which spills over into daily life and into politics. Added to this, as written in the statement, this is an important signal made to countries all over the world where the LGBTQ are denied their human rights and to European countries like Poland and Russia that openly encourage and support persecution of the LGBTQ.

Last edited:
Reported hate crimes against the LGBTQ are on the rise in Sweden and there is a lot of right wing propa4 against the LGBTQ on social media which spills over into daily life and into politics. Added to this, as written in the statement, this is an important signal made to countries all over the world where the LGBTQ are denied their human rights and to European countries like Poland and Russia that openly encourage and support persecution of the LGBTQ.

That's utterly shocking in 2020!
Is it just Crown Princess Victoria who actively supports the LGBTQ community or do other members of the RF add their support too?

That's utterly shocking in 2020!
Is it just Crown Princess Victoria who actively supports the LGBTQ community or do other members of the RF add their support too?
The Royal family has always been supportive of the LGBTQ community as has Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, King Harald of Norway, King Willem Alexander and Queen Máxima of the Netherlands etc... this is a global problem that's becoming more serious by an emboldened conservative and right wing movement.

On August 25, it's finally time for Stockholm Fashion Week in digital form, which will receive a royal digital visit from 'HRH Crown Princess Victoria.
Stockholm Fashion Week was founded in 2005 with the goal of putting Stockholm and Swedish fashion on the international fashion scene. With a growing focus on sustainability and digitalisation, Stockholm Fashion Week is now being re-established in a digital form 25-27 August 2020.
SFW announces today that the official inauguration of the fashion week will be done by HRH Crown Princess Victoria - who speaks from Haga Palace. HRH Crown Princess Victoria supports the Swedish fashion industry in several ways, for example by often wearing Swedish design creations in official contexts.
The Crown Princess is very committed to sustainability in fashion, and likes to wear garments and accessories that are made from sustainably produced materials and with better manufacturing processes. The Crown Princess's interest in both craftsmanship and entrepreneurship in fashion is well known in the Swedish fashion industry.
- We are very happy for the Crown Princess's support and commitment, and could not wish for a better ambassador for Swedish fashion. We are very proud to present the inaugural speech for Stockholm Fashion Week "digital edition" on Monday 25 August at 10.00, says Swedish Fashion Association's general secretary Catarina Midby.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessan Victoria öppnar Stockholm Fashion Week _ ELLE

Victoria inaugurated digital Stockholm Fashion Week with a speech from Haga Palace.
https://www.svenskdam.se/kungligt/victorias-ovantade-film-chockar-alla-i-utslappt-har/
On Tuesday 25 August, the Crown Princess opened Stockholm Fashion Week's digital fashion week.
Stockholm Fashion Week is held digitally this year between 25-27 August and gives Swedish designers and fashion designers the opportunity to show their work to a wide audience. During the week, a number of pre-recorded screenings, interactive interviews with designers and a seminar program on sustainability and diversity will be shown.
In her speech, the Crown Princess emphasized the importance of innovation and sustainability:
"Now, with the challenges ahead of us, it is not only the clothes you make that need to be innovative; but how you make them. As well as how they are sold, distributed, worn and eventually recycled.
The fashion industry is getting ready for a digital and sustainable future. I am pleased that Stockholm Fashion Week has chosen to focus on these issues. And I am hopeful that the Swedish fashion industry can be a positive example to inspire the rest of the world."
Kronprinsessan öppnade Stockholm Fashion Week - Sveriges Kungahus

Victoria's speech
H.K.H. Kronprinsessans invigningstal vid Stockholm Fashion Week 2020, tisdagen den 25 augusti 2020 - Sveriges Kungahus

Crown Princess Victoria inaugurated Stockholm Fashion Week. At 10 o'clock on Tuesday, she opened the fashion week with a speech recorded from her home at Haga Palace.
- As a bearer of Swedish fashion, I am happy to welcome you all to the new digital fashion week, a new fashion week for a new era, she says.
In her speech, the Crown Princess highlighted how covid-19 has redrawn the map for how we live, communicate and do business. At the same time, we must limit our environmental impact.
- As an ambassador for Agenda 2030, I am worried that time will soon run out. Dear fashion industry and representatives - I think you agree with me that high quality fashion is about more than satisfying the eye.
- I hope that the Swedish fashion industry can be an example to inspire the rest of the world.
Victoria said in the speech that the fashion industry is facing major challenges.
- It is not only the clothes we wear that need to be innovative, but how they are made, distributed, worn - and finally reused, she says and concludes:
- We know that we will not go back to the normal, but to the new normal. What could be better than starting here?
Victorias skarpa uppmaning till svenska modeskapare

Last edited:
On Wednesday 23 September, the Crown Princess gave an audience to Aron Lund, a researcher at the Swedish Defence Research Agency (FOI).
The Crown Princess received information about the situation in Syria, the refugee issue and the humanitarian situation, as well as how unrest in countries in Syria's immediate area affects the country.
Kronprinsessan gav företräde för FOI - Sveriges Kungahus

Last edited:
According to the court calendar, Victoria met today at the Royal Palace professor Carl Folke and professor Henrik Österblom from Stockholm Resilience Centre. Carl Folke is also chair of the board of SRC.
Obviously at this meeting was discussed about the meeting with SeaBOS (Seafood Business for Ocean Stewardship), which Victoria takes part in 5-6th October. The members of SeaBOS have met at Keystone Dialogues organized by Stockholm Resilience Centre.

Last edited:
Victoria gave an audience to researcher Samuel Bergenwall from Swedish Defence Research Agency FOI, on the situation in Jemen.
The Crown Princess received information about the background to the current situation in Yemen, the driving forces for various actors, the refugee issue and the humanitarian situation for the Yemeni population.
The war in Yemen has been going on for over five years and around 24 million people (about 80% of the population) are dependent on emergency aid, just over 14 million of whom are in urgent need of help. 70% of Yemen's total population is at risk of starvation.
Kronprinsessan gav företräde för FOI - Sveriges Kungahus

Later today Victoria visited the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).

SIPRI hosts Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria
On 1 October 2020, the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) had the honour and privilege of hosting a visit from Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria.
During the visit, the Crown Princess engaged in a roundtable discussion with SIPRI’s experts on topics related to artificial intelligence (AI) and its impact on international peace and security, as well as on the current state of arms control. The discussion also focused on the challenges posed by the ongoing coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) crisis, in particular how resilience can be strengthened to confront future challenges, such as those posed by violence and epidemics.
Ambassador Jan Eliasson, Chair of the SIPRI Governing Board, welcomed the Crown Princess together with Dan Smith, SIPRI Director, and Joakim Vaverka, Deputy Director.
SIPRI hosts Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria _ SIPRI

SIPRI's Facebook
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=ecd6c5b41854f723c3f9eeb476da5a63&oe=5F9D6A65
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8e1fec50e8ff97ef9fb97f351041753a&oe=5F9CFA7B

We can see at the photos that the Marshal of the Court Lena Bartholdson, the Head of HRH The Crown Princess's Household, took part in the visit.
SWE: Swedish Royals Visit The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute Getty Images

On Thursday, October 1, the Crown Princess visited SIPRI, Stockholm's International Peace Research Institute.
The visit began with SIPRI's chairman Jan Eliasson, SIPRI's director Dan Smith and SIPRI's deputy director Joakim Vaverka welcomed the Crown Princess.
Afterwards, the Crown Princess had the opportunity to talk to SIPRI's experts in areas such as artificial intelligence (AI) and its impact on peace and security internationally. The situation in arms control was also touched upon, as well as the challenges posed by the ongoing covid-19 pandemic, with a special focus on how future challenges around violence and epidemics can be handled.
Kronprinsessan besökte SIPRI - Sveriges Kungahus

Photo at court Facebook by Patrik Österberg/SPA
https://scontent-hel3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=fb5734cb18d60516032b1d0f1e4db55d&oe=5F9C2057

Photos from the visit to SIPRI
Legion-Media

https://editorial01.shutterstock.co...m-sweden-shutterstock-editorial-10821028u.jpg
https://editorial01.shutterstock.co...m-sweden-shutterstock-editorial-10821028k.jpg
https://editorial01.shutterstock.co...m-sweden-shutterstock-editorial-10821028a.jpg
https://editorial01.shutterstock.co...m-sweden-shutterstock-editorial-10821028s.jpg
https://editorial01.shutterstock.co...m-sweden-shutterstock-editorial-10821028n.jpg
https://editorial01.shutterstock.co...m-sweden-shutterstock-editorial-10821028j.jpg
https://editorial01.shutterstock.co...m-sweden-shutterstock-editorial-10821028r.jpg
https://editorial01.shutterstock.co...m-sweden-shutterstock-editorial-10821028g.jpg
https://editorial01.shutterstock.co...m-sweden-shutterstock-editorial-10821028i.jpg
https://editorial01.shutterstock.co...m-sweden-shutterstock-editorial-10821028e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom