Queen Noor: News Thread, Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
elizahawthorne said:
Thanks Humera, but do you get US magazines in Canada?

i'm not sure if we this question is for Humera....
but we get TONS of US magazines here in Canada. infact, i believe the vast majority are American.

bubbles said:
i'm not sure if we this question is for Humera....
but we get TONS of US magazines here in Canada. infact, i believe the vast majority are American.

Okay thanx, so hopefully if anyone from the US or Canada or anywhere that has US magazines can get their hands on Meg Ryan issue of Glamour (April 2005), then they can post the picture of QN that Meg Ryan took

elizahawthorne said:
Okay thanx, so hopefully if anyone from the US or Canada or anywhere that has US magazines can get their hands on Meg Ryan issue of Glamour (April 2005), then they can post the picture of QN that Meg Ryan took

I saw the picture and it's not that great. Noor is a bit lost in the image -- she's in a crowd and just her head is really visible. The second picture of her is very small and shows Meg Ryan taking a picture of Noor at a San Francisco hotel. Only a side profile of Noor is visible in this one. Not really worth it, I don't think.

I thought the pic of her in the crowd was absolutely excellent. It showed that she still has serenity and grace even in a common environment where there were no formalities at all. Meg Ryan explained it that way I believe. I don't think the point was to see what she was wearing, but that she still has a regal presence even in the midst of people on the street.

elizahawthorne said:
Thanks Humera, but do you get US magazines in Canada?

Yes we do and many of them have different Canadian editions as well.
I tried to look for the latest issue of Glamour today. I stood in front of the magazine stand for at least 5 minutes but all I saw was the last Glamour issue.:( I'll keep looking..

btw.. i did get to take a look at an issue of Hello magazine. It had wonderful pictures of Princess Mette-Marit of Norway. Off-topic, I know, but I thought I'd mention it just in case someone was interested.

Last edited:
Alexandria said:
I saw the picture and it's not that great. Noor is a bit lost in the image -- she's in a crowd and just her head is really visible. The second picture of her is very small and shows Meg Ryan taking a picture of Noor at a San Francisco hotel. Only a side profile of Noor is visible in this one. Not really worth it, I don't think.
I agree with you. . .it's nothing special. Meg should stick with movie making. ;)

Noor in "Glamour"

Meg Ryan's photo of Noor for "Glamour."

Attachments

• noorinsf.jpg
    noorinsf.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 332
YOU are awesom maryshawn, thanks so much for posting this pic that I so desparately wanted to see. Thanks also to Humera, who tried her best.

-Eliza

no problem elizahawthorne
and thank you maryshawn for posting the pic. Although I'd agree with some of the members that its not out of the ordinary.

will queen noor visit prince charles' and camillas wedding?

does anybody know?

With the deaths of the Pope and of Prince Ranier, and I am so sorry about both, I wondered myself. She was close to the British Royals, so she might attend. If anyone hears, and we'll likely only know for sure after the wedding it would be nice to hear.

I tried to blow up smaller photo but it got really grainy. Put it this way, it wasn't really worthwhile. And, yes, I give Meg Ryan kudos for trying a new hobby and to "Glamour" for using that to secure an interview with her but the photos of Noor were not extraordinary given all the possibilities. But thank you for your kind words.

maryshawn said:
I tried to blow up smaller photo but it got really grainy. Put it this way, it wasn't really worthwhile. And, yes, I give Meg Ryan kudos for trying a new hobby and to "Glamour" for using that to secure an interview with her but the photos of Noor were not extraordinary given all the possibilities. But thank you for your kind words.

Either way, I was so dying to see it, that I when I eventually saw that you'd posted it I was and still am very grateful

maryshawn said:
I tried to blow up smaller photo but it got really grainy. Put it this way, it wasn't really worthwhile.
:) ;) I've seen it in the magazine. . .even there, it's not really worthwhile. Very tiny and dark.

I was just watching Larry King Live and he said Queen Noor would be on Wednesday night. I don't really follow Noor but thought I would let all of you know in case you wanted to watch it.

The April 2005 USA edition of Glamour magazine (with Meg Ryan on the cover) has a nice photo of Queen Noor in it. In the feature story, actress Meg Ryan talks about her heroes and takes a nice photograph of them.

Yeah we were talking about it above and on the previosu page. I believe Maryshawn attached the second photo.

My apologies, I should have gone back and read the thread.

maryshawn said:
With the deaths of the Pope and of Prince Ranier, and I am so sorry about both, I wondered myself. She was close to the British Royals, so she might attend. If anyone hears, and we'll likely only know for sure after the wedding it would be nice to hear.

QUOTE]

well i didnt saw her.
did anybody?
i think she hasnt been there :(

Queen Noor, the widow of the late King Hussein of Jordan, will appear on Larry King Live on Wednesday, 13 April. She will discuss her autobiography, Leap of Faith: Memoirs of an Unexpected Life, which has just been released in paperback. She will also be available to take calls during the hour-long appearance.

http://www.ameinfo.com/57620.html

Out & About BY A.L. GORDON www.nysun.com
April 12, 2005

http://www.nysun.com/advertising/ad...9&source=&dest=http://www.nysun.com/ezpay.php
adlog.php

Queen Noor of Jordan was guest of honor at a benefit dinner last week for the Versailles-Giverny Foundation at the Carlyle Hotel. Guests began their evening in a receiving line, at the end of which was the prize: a chat with the queen and a warm welcome from the evening's hostess, Barbara de Portago, and the foundation's benefactor, Gillian Spreckels Fuller. Mrs. de Portago's mother, Florence Van der Kemp, was also a hostess at the event.

During short speech, the queen spoke about the importance of the foundation's preservation work, comparing Versailles to Jordan's Petra. Both, she said, are "combinations of nature and manmade design" that appear on Unesco's World Heritage List of sites requiring preservation.
The former Lisa Najeeb Halaby, an American native, said her late husband, King Hussein, took "an enormous leap of faith" when he married her in 1978. She was a member of Princeton University's first coeducational freshman class and had dreamed of entering the Peace Corps before she met the king.

Queen Noor said her husband "believed that Jerusalem should ultimately be a symbol of peace, open and available to all children of Abraham." She spoke hopefully about opportunities for peace in the Middle East.

"The so-called clash of civilizations is really a clash between the moderate majority and extremists," she said. "There are those in our region who are capable, if they choose it, to make peace." She hopes, she said, for "Jerusalem once again to be the cradle of a civilization that unites people, not divides them."

One of the guests, Shahara Ahmad-Llewellyn, said that while she has always supported the organization, her admiration for Queen Noor was what attracted her to the dinner. "When she was queen, she did tremendous work," Ms. Ahmad-Llewellyn said. "Her being the speaker tonight got me to come and not just send a check."

Several other royals were on hand. Princess Zarina Zainal, wearing a Valentino gown, said Queen Noor had visited her in Malaysia in the past. The Earl and Countess of Albemarle - she wore Zac Posen - who live in New York, and Prince Michel of Yugoslavia were also among the guests. It was a week of royal news: The dinner took place just hours after Prince Rainier of Monaco died, and three days before the wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles.

Speaking of her memoirs does anyone know if she mentioned PHAshim in it. If so waht did she say?

Reina said:
Speaking of her memoirs does anyone know if she mentioned PHAshim in it. If so waht did she say?

yes she did but not too much. she told about how he was born and that he likes seabiology.
and sometimes theres something with him but its not so much.
but maybe you should read it!
i think the book is interessting.
my result of the book is that KH was not really such a good man like QN thinks - maybe she was to naive to see that and blind of love.there some really interesting situations like when born hashim or when she lost her first baby.

Well it will be very nice to see her on tv after so long. I'll be taping the interview. And im sure I'll have a few screen caps to share with all of you:)

btw...it would be interesting to see if Larry King brings up the issue of Prince Hamzah losing his CP title and how Noor will respond.

Oh I don't have CNN... I really hope that you guys will be kind enough to post a summary or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom