The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Queen Noor is supposed to be in Toronto today, she'll be the keynote speaker at a gala for the Canadian Red Cross. I hope the media here gives her visit some coverage. Last time she was here, i dont think i saw anything about it on tv.
here's the link:
http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive...4/26/c5361.html

Old 04-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Serene Highness

If anyone is looking for a "dove of peace" pin that represents no side in the tensions of the Middle East, artist Amitai Kav has created pins for Arab royals and Israeli leaders. I saw the one worn by Leah Rabin and Queen Noor and was so impressed I bought one from his website. It is simple and profound and takes no sides. I am not a spokesperson or have any connection to Mr. Kav but really find his dove of peace to be a lovely daily reminder of what is at stake and what we should all be working toward.

Mary Shawn

Old 04-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@Apr 28th, 2004 - 3:00 pm
I think her kids would be enough company; I mean you always hear of parents moving closer to the kids and grandchildren--not to their siblings! But who is living in Jordan at this moment? I think they're all in school elsewhere, no?
I think the main reason why she's in the U.S. is to be closer to her children. Hamzah and Hashim are both in U.S. universities and I get the feeling that Iman and Rayiah are there too.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:35 AM
Majesty

5 MAY 2004

Sporting legend Muhammad Ali has been honoured for his efforts to help people in the world's poorest countries. Queen Noor of Jordan was among those who came along to congratulate the former heavyweight champion, after he was presented with the Kahil Gibran Spirit Of Humanity Award at the Arab American Institute.

The 62-year-old, who is well-known for his ability to charm a crowd, performed magic tricks and told the story of his conversion to the Islamic faith. Muhammad was born Cassius Clay, but changed his name after becoming a Muslim. "People in Africa and all over the world started to recognise me as their brother because of my name," he explained.

Since he retired from boxing, the pugilist, who suffers from Parkinson's Syndrome, has dedicated himself to bringing medical relief, food and money to impoverished communities across Africa and Asia. In 2002 he travelled to war-torn Afghanistan as a United Nations Messenger Of Peace.

The annual Kahil Gibran Awards celebrate the people and organisations who have most contributed to humanitarian causes and understanding between Arab and Western cultures. They were established in memory of the renowned Lebanese-American poet of the same name.

picture
Old 05-05-2004, 12:44 PM
Commoner

Thanks, for posting those news about Queen Noor. We won’t get them in Jordanian press. I’m glad to hear that she is still active.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness

Do you like that caftan? It looks a little like a bathrobe to me.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:26 AM
Serene Highness

In the Yahoo forum, they were talking about the fact that this year only KA and his family and Hussein's siblings visited KH's grave for prayers. Prince Ali did not join them on the 7th but did visit his mother's grave on the 9th, the date of her death. I thought Queen Noor ALWAYS visited KH's grave and this seemed odd..... Is she just determined to leave all those memories and Jordan in the past or was their a practical reason which kept Noor and all her kids away? Just thought it was interesting.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by maryshawn@May 15th, 2004 - 11:26 pm
I thought  Queen Noor ALWAYS visited KH's grave and this seemed odd.....  Is she just determined to leave all those memories and Jordan in the past or was their a practical reason which kept Noor and all her kids away?  Just thought it was interesting.
QN has returned to Jordan all the prior years for his anniversary. Did she really miss this year? If so, I'm surprised, too, especially since it was the fifth anniversary. I would've thought that would be a milestone.

Even if she missed a year, I don't think QN is trying to push down her history. I'm sure she commemorated the day somehow, in her own, probably private, way. Even though some of the other members of the JRF don't treat her well, she never speaks ill of them or of the Jordanian people. I believe her to be a very loyal person.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Aristocracy

Ali was in Jordan and did not visit his father's grave, Hamzah did come back to Jordan for a few days, but a few days later , last Feb, he and his wife did attend something, I think that's very odd.
Old 05-16-2004, 02:07 PM
Commoner

Just because she wasn't seen on tv visiting her husbands' tomb that day doesn't necessarily mean she wasn't there. Maybe the cameras simply weren't there at the time...or...the media decided to focus on KA and his nuclear family...
Old 05-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Commoner

they say in the jordan newspapers that she was sick thats why she didnt came and also her children..you can check the ewspapers on 7 feb or 8 feb alrai newspaper............ B)
Old 05-16-2004, 03:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by almahboubah@May 16th, 2004 - 2:07 pm
Just because she wasn't seen on tv visiting her husbands' tomb that day doesn't necessarily mean she wasn't there. Maybe the cameras simply weren't there at the time...or...the media decided to focus on KA and his nuclear family...
I think you've hit on a very good point. Perhaps the Queen and her children made a more private visit to the late King's tomb. Perhaps they purposely chose an out of the way time when not as many photographers (or apparently none at all) would be around. I'm sure that it's a very emotional day for the Queen and her children, and not something that she would want to be publicly recorded for the world to see or invade upon.

And if she did not visit the tomb on this day, what about the many other occasions, more "regular" days that she does visit the tomb unphotographed.

Just because she was not seen making a visit to her husband's tomb does not mean that she doesn't care or has forgotten about him.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:17 AM
Serene Highness

NEW YORK - MAY 9: Queen Noor and Germano Celant of Fondazione Prada present the award for Best Documentary at the Third Annual Tribeca Film Festival Awards Ceremony May 9, 2004 in New York City

Queen Noor and Germano Celant
Queen Noor and Germano Celant2

Queen Noor and Germano Celant of Fondazione Prada present the award for Best Documentary Feature to director Cathy Henkel for The Man Who Stole My Mother's Face at the Third Annual Tribeca Film Festival Awards Ceremony

With the winner

Her Majesty Queen Noor of Jordan speaks during Occidental College's commencement ceremony at the Remsen Bird Hillside Theater, Sunday, May 16, 2004, in Los Angeles. Noor also received an honorary doctorate of humane letters.

Photo
Old 05-17-2004, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

i thought she looked a little tired.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:15 AM
bluetortuga

Looks like Q. Noor and Q. Rania among other members of the JRF will be attending Cp Felipe and Letizia's wedding on Saturday:

NOTICIAS RELACIONADAS

MADRID.- El secretario general de la Organización de Estados Americanos (OEA), César Gaviria, y su esposa han sido los primeros invitados a la boda real que han aterrizado en Madrid. El resto de jefes de Estado, representantes de las casas reales y otras autoridades extranjeras llegarán entre hoy y mañana tanto al Pabellón de Estado de Barajas como al aeropuerto de Torrejón de Ardoz.

15:00 horas. Princesa Sarvath El Hassan y el Príncipe Rashid Bin El Hassan, de Jordania.

15:30 horas. Noor de Jordania.

16:15 horas. Rania, la princesa Muna Al Hussein, el príncipe Feisal Al-Hussein y la princesa Alia Al-Feisal y el príncipe Talal y la princesa Ghida de Jordania.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Noor was the epitome of a class act. She looked elegant without being over the top or excessive, modest but beautiful.

Such a shame that she leads such a low profile life these days. She is such a tremendous example to the future Queens and to elegance in general.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Nobility

Can someone in Jordan tell us (people not in Jordan) if photos of QR & QN are in the local paper? And any reaction to the American queen wearing traditional Jordanian clothing and the Palestinian queen looking very American-o.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:55 AM
bluetortuga

Anyone notice that Q. Noor has not posted any pictures of CP Hamzah's official wedding celebration on her website? She posted the private ceremony pictures rather quickly; but there is not even a mention of the official celebration on her website. I don't think this is coincidence.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@Sep 17th, 2003 - 7:56 pm
www.colourpress.com

Madrid, Spain - Princess Noor of Jordania has come to Madrid to present her authobiography calles "Memories of an unexpected life" in the Palace Hotel. Photo: Euroimagen
Hold on a moment! Queen Noor said she "never takes off her blue evil eye" bracelet from her publisher. I've seen her wearing it but it must have taken a night off in Spain......