The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 07:10 AM
Courtier

wow...in the last picture she does appear to have put on a little weight. Could be just the picture or it could be something else:) Well...I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Old 12-31-2004, 10:29 AM
Aristocracy

hamzah in hello magazine

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty.../princehamzah/

31 DECEMBER 2004

Jordanís Prince Hamzah bin al-Hussein made his first public appearance since losing the title of crown prince when he took part in an end of year celebration in Amman on Thursday.

King Abdullah said he relieved his half brother of the title in an effort to free him up for a more active life in Jordanian politics. The 24-year-old, who is currently studying politics at an American university, has earned a reputation for his progressive views.

Joined by his wife Princess Noor, Hamzah attended the lively performance of singing and dancing by Circassian children in traditional dress. The children, who attend a school funded by one of the prince's charities, put on a colourful show that was enthusiastically received by the audience.

Old 12-31-2004, 10:44 AM
Courtier

it's not like Hello to mention a routine visit of Hamzah,I wonder!
Old 12-31-2004, 11:57 AM
Aristocracy

Was this event covered in the Jordanian press? I didn't see any mention of it in the English language Jordanian newspapers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cut1me

31 DECEMBER 2004

Jordanís Prince Hamzah bin al-Hussein made his first public appearance since losing the title of crown prince when he took part in an end of year celebration in Amman on Thursday.

King Abdullah said he relieved his half brother of the title in an effort to free him up for a more active life in Jordanian politics. The 24-year-old, who is currently studying politics at an American university, has earned a reputation for his progressive views.

Joined by his wife Princess Noor, Hamzah attended the lively performance of singing and dancing by Circassian children in traditional dress. The children, who attend a school funded by one of the prince's charities, put on a colourful show that was enthusiastically received by the audience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
it's not like Hello to mention a routine visit of Hamzah,I wonder!
They're just looking for anything and everything about him now that he has been demoted. I guess they're watching to see if he will hit back at KA in anyway. It's awful to be in the spotlight for such reasons. But I believe P. Hamzah will carve out his own niche and will be highly successful at whatever he chooses to do.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Hamzah Makes First Appearance Since Losing Title

31 DECEMBER 2004

Souce: Hello!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hamzah-dop1a.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	73677  
Old 12-31-2004, 04:56 PM
Commoner

yes i mean how is the crown prince now at this moment in jordan... i was thinking maybe prince hussein el abdullah the first child of Queen Rania and King Abdullah
Old 12-31-2004, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

A bigger picture...and a new one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51902900b.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	73723   Click image for larger version

Name:	showLayoutImageb.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	73749  
Old 12-31-2004, 11:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
A bigger picture...and a new one
I like the beard on him. I hope he keeps it. Happy New Year to Everyone!!!
Old 01-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
i agree the beard really suits him, but he looks a little tired
Old 01-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Nobility

Red face

Quote:
Yea I love it on him too. It makes him look wow!:o
Happy New year everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Prince Hamzah Makes First Appearance Since Losing Title

The 24-year-old, who is currently studying politics at an American university, has earned a reputation for his progressive views.

Souce: Hello!
Whats this supposed to mean?! Oh cud it be true??
Old 01-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
Wow she gained a lot of weight!
Since her first sighting in public with Hamzah Princess Noor has always had a rounder face and body. I'm not saying that she's chubby but her face has always been fuller than Rania's for example.

I don't think she's gained "a lot" of weight as you say. She may have gained a bit of weight, but it certainly doesn't look bad on her. And who says that a little bit of weight is bad? I've read quite a lot here about all the concerns for Queen Rania's lack of weight, so now we have someone in the royal family who boasts a slightly fuller figure and there are complaints. I guess you can't please everyone.

But such comments are highly insensitive and can sometimes lead to eating disorders. By some accounts the Princess of Wales became anorexic and bulemic because Prince Charles said in passing that she was a bit "chubby."
Old 01-02-2005, 12:25 AM
Courtier

[QUOTE=Genevieve]Since her first sighting in public with Hamzah Princess Noor has always had a rounder face and body. I'm not saying that she's chubby but her face has always been fuller than Rania's for example.

I don't think she's gained "a lot" of weight as you say. She may have gained a bit of weight, but it certainly doesn't look bad on her. And who says that a little bit of weight is bad? I've read quite a lot here about all the concerns for Queen Rania's lack of weight, so now we have someone in the royal family who boasts a slightly fuller figure and there are complaints. I guess you can't please everyone.

You made some very good points here. I always thought myself that PN had a rounder face too, but she's not the first Hashemite princess to have a fuller figure. I think, if I am not mistaken, that Princess Alia has a full figure. Of course, I think PH has one now, but not at first. However, you're definitely right about two things: she doesn't look like she's put on a lot of weight, and there is no pleasing everyone.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:38 AM
Commoner

I'm ammused that they just got married last year....but everyone is expecting them to have a kid soon. Personally (and this also holds true for most of the people I know), I wouldn't want kids atleast for the first 2-4 years of my marriage. Thats the time when a husband and wife are in the getting-to-know-eachother phase, and I think kids just complicate things. I don't think she looks pregnant, nor do I think she looks any heavier than before. She still looks very pretty, and most importantly, both of them look very happy and very much in love. :) Anyways, I guess we'll see. If she is pregnant, she'll look it soon enough.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrose53083
I'm ammused that they just got married last year....but everyone is expecting them to have a kid soon. Personally (and this also holds true for most of the people I know), I wouldn't want kids atleast for the first 2-4 years of my marriage. Thats the time when a husband and wife are in the getting-to-know-eachother phase, and I think kids just complicate things. I don't think she looks pregnant, nor do I think she looks any heavier than before. She still looks very pretty, and most importantly, both of them look very happy and very much in love. :) Anyways, I guess we'll see. If she is pregnant, she'll look it soon enough.
I agree she is still pretty. I think I may have said this once, but thin does not always equal beauty. I think some of us are just anxiously anticipating the two of them to start their family. Funny because there are other royal couples who also married last year, but many of the members are anticipating the announcements of their pregnancies as well.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Nobility

http://www.princehamzah.jo/english/c...y=02&year=2004

Prince Hamzah patronizes Circassian Annual Dance

December 29 , 2004

© Ali Jarekji

Their Royal Highnesses Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor, along with members of the Albroz Circassian Dancing Troupe in a photo opportunity after patronizing the Troupeís Annual Dance.

The Troupeís program for this year focused on presenting the folkloric Circassian wedding dances in celebration of Their Royal Highnessesí recent marriage. Towards the end of the program, Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor were presented with a wedding gift of a Circassian Sword and a traditional dress.

The Albroz Circassian Dancing Troupe, one of Prince Hamzah Bin Al Husseinís cultural and artistic activities, was established in 1982 with the aim to preserve the Circassian culture and heritage. Members of the Troupe are of 10 -17 years of age and are all students at Prince Hamzah School. About 70 students participated in this yearís annual dance.

In celebration of their wedding...intresting,umm 7 months later,lol

This is a bit of the speech Prince Hamzah gave out in Detroit and I found this part intresting...

((One of the most valuable lessons Iíve learned is that you are never too young or too old to make a difference. I witnessed that from a very early age

إن أحد الدروس القيّمة التي تعلمتها هو أنك تستطيع أن تترك أثراً مهما كان عمرك، فليس هناك مِنْ صغير جداً أو كبير جداً ((على الإنجاز وإحداث الفرق. وقد شهدت ذلك في سن مبكرة

1) What do u guys think of this? Do u think he did manage to make a difference since '99 (since he was 19)?
2) Do u think the things HRH had done in 5 years (19-24) can be seen as vital?
3) Do u think he is seen as a role model to the worlds-Arab youth?
4) Do u think he can be concidered mature (older than his real age),cuz of the responsibilities he had taken?
5) Where/how do u see HRH 5 years from now?

I'd love to hear what most of u think,and I will tell u what i think later on... remember everyone is entitled to their own opinion and emotions can be put aside...Hope to hear some feedback from u all :)
Old 01-03-2005, 02:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
This is a bit of the speech Prince Hamzah gave out in Detroit and I found this part intresting...

((One of the most valuable lessons Iíve learned is that you are never too young or too old to make a difference. I witnessed that from a very early age

إن أحد الدروس القيّمة التي تعلمتها هو أنك تستطيع أن تترك أثراً مهما كان عمرك، فليس هناك مِنْ صغير جداً أو كبير جداً ((على الإنجاز وإحداث الفرق. وقد شهدت ذلك في سن مبكرة

1) What do u guys think of this? Do u think he did manage to make a difference since '99 (since he was 19)?
4) Do u think he can be concidered mature (older than his real age),cuz of the responsibilities he had taken?

I'd love to hear what most of u think,and I will tell u what i think later on... remember everyone is entitled to their own opinion and emotions can be put aside...Hope to hear some feedback from u all :)
1) I don't think P. Hamzah has been really allowed to make a difference in five years. He's been away at school, and big brother KA has done much to keep him out of the spotlight whenever he is home.

2) He hasn't had the opportunity to pla a major role.

3) He is a role model in terms of his grace, composure, and loyalty. Hamzah has taken the higher road. The letter he sen KA after his demotion says it all. He has been nothing but loyal to his family.

4) He's more serious than any 24 year old I know.

5) Jordan's Ambassador to the UN
Old 01-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E

i like that quote he says, its very good.
I also dont think he has been allowed to make a difference, maybe he tried and he kept getting turned down.
i think he is considered older, im just guessing from what people say about him, that he is more mature than his age.
i think maybe in 5 years he might be like the saudi royal family, dont they have someone in the UN or ambassador in New york? i think he might do something like that
Old 01-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Aristocracy

Has P. Hamzah gone back to school? Or has he graduated?
Old 01-06-2005, 01:28 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Has P. Hamzah gone back to school? Or has he graduated?
According to KA's recent interview on CNN, both Hamzah and Hash are coming back this summer. So, I'm assuming both are graduating this may. :) Hope to see more pics of them once they're back in Jordan!
Old 01-07-2005, 05:38 AM
Nobility

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cut1me

31 DECEMBER 2004

Who can think like KA that P. Hamzah couldn't have public acitivities (like that one on 31st December 2004) while he was a CP.