Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor: News and Pictures 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amoula said:
Ps:I have a weird Question and I would love to hear an answer,lol. Why does HRH always wear the "Cufia",I mean when he inaugurated a reserve in Kufr khal (?),he was wearing it though it was so very hot,and in the US,where people do not know what it is exactely,he was wearing it aswell.
Is it something he has to do in celebrations and ceremonies?or does he like it and thats why he's always wearing it?

I don't know the answer to your question for certain, but it may be that he wore it in Detroit because there is a large Arab/Muslim population there. Often when anyone from the JRF travels to Detroit, it is to interact with that segment of the Detroit population.

papillon said:
I don't know the answer to your question for certain, but it may be that he wore it in Detroit because there is a large Arab/Muslim population there. Often when anyone from the JRF travels to Detroit, it is to interact with that segment of the Detroit population.

An in Kufr khal? it was very hot and wearing it surely made him even hotter (in both meanings ;)LOL

Amoula said:
Ps:I have a weird Question and I would love to hear an answer,lol.
Why does HRH always wear the "Cufia",I mean when he inaugurated a reserve in Kufr khal (?),he was wearing it though it was so very hot,and in the US,where people do not know what it is exactely,he was wearing it aswell.
Is it something he has to do in celebrations and ceremonies?or does he like it and thats why he's always wearing it?
K. Hussein used to wear the kefiya a lot and in everything, his late father is P Hamzah's role model. It is said that before a speech he spends hours listening to his father's speeches on the same subject and practises exactly the same facial expressions and expressions ! I know that sounds catty but I am assured that this so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shelley:

I don't think what you said is catty. (And a catty comment coming out of you would be quite shocking to say the least.) But I always heard that KH had great 'stage precense' when speaking so if PHamzah wants to immitate him I think that is okay. Also he (PHamzah) is quite a young kid and he will probably develop his own style when he becomes more comfortable doing such things as giving speechs and such. I think PHamzah has a good chance of becoming quite the good little leader but he will have to fight that insidious palace mechanism to do it. And who knows if he has that in him. But as far as 'good wife-material' goes. I think PNoor is head and shoulders above QRania at similar milestones in their lives. Personally, I think PHamzah and PNoor are quite a potent cocktail of brains, perspective and duty....unlike some other members of the family.

shelley said:
K. Hussein used to wear the kefiya a lot and in everything, his late father is P Hamzah's role model. It is said that before a speech he spends hours listening to his father's speeches on the same subject and practises exactly the same facial expressions and expressions ! I know that sounds catty but I am assured that this so.

Ipi Tombe said:
Shelley:

I don't think what you said is catty. (And a catty comment coming out of you would be quite shocking to say the least.) But I always heard that KH had great 'stage precense' when speaking so if PHamzah wants to immitate him I think that is okay. Also he (PHamzah) is quite a young kid and he will probably develop his own style when he becomes more comfortable doing such things as giving speechs and such. I think PHamzah has a good chance of becoming quite the good little leader but he will have to fight that insidious palace mechanism to do it. And who knows if he has that in him. But as far as 'good wife-material' goes. I think PNoor is head and shoulders above QRania at similar milestones in their lives. Personally, I think PHamzah and PNoor are quite a potent cocktail of brains, perspective and duty....unlike some other members of the family.

We haven't seen princess Noor Doing anything,so how can u tell?!?!

In QR's early years-she didn't do much, either. But I like PNoor's rather demure way about her. I find it very endearing. Also her education will be heads and tails above QR's and she has been raised a princess not thrown in the deap end like QR.

I don't know, Amoula. I just like her-that's all.

Amoula said:
We haven't seen princess Noor Doing anything,so how can u tell?!?!

What did Princess Noor study in college and what is she studying right now?

she just graduated.

her and hamzah's education were kept pretty hushhush for security reasons. but i think people keep mentioning georgetown or harvard (i think :confused: ). don't know what she studied.

sksk said:
What did Princess Noor study in college and what is she studying right now?

Ipi Tombe said:
In QR's early years-she didn't do much, either. But I like PNoor's rather demure way about her. I find it very endearing. Also her education will be heads and tails above QR's and she has been raised a princess not thrown in the deap end like QR.

I don't know, Amoula. I just like her-that's all.

I like Princess Noor a lot too. She definitely has a very demure way about her, as you say Ipi Tombe, a sweetness and goodness that shines through. She is a young girl, whereas Queen Rania is a woman. You can't compare them or their education I don't think, though it is interesting to do so.

Psychology-wise, it is interesting to note that predominantly, demure girls do not appear threatening to other females, whereas women who appear to be assured and in control, tend to be threatening.

Ipi Tombe said:
Personally, I think PHamzah and PNoor are quite a potent cocktail of brains, perspective and duty....unlike some other members of the family.

I agree with you that this young couple given half a chance could represent Jordan well. However, the K. has said privately and not so privately that he does not intend to make the 'mistake' his father did in letting the crown prince have too high a profile. An interesting point is that when mud gets slung around, and it does plenty in Jordan, no one has ever accused P. Hamzah or for that matter P. Rashid of having sticky fingers. These things do get noticed, even if they are not publically aired.

I have a question about Prince Hamzah

I don't mean to get too personal by asking questions about Prince Hamzah, but I'm just curious.

According Jordan News Agency, Prince Hamzah is going to the U.S. to continue his university studies. Does anybody know where he will be attending and/or what exactly is he going to study?

The source of where I'm getting the news: http://207.228.233.96/nepras/2004/Sep/10/21303900.htm

Juls said:
Does anybody know where he will be attending and/or what exactly is he going to study?
P. Hamzah is about half way through his BA course at Harvard.

Isn't Hamzah 24 years old... isn't that a bit old to be only half way done towards working on his BA degree. Did he take some years off between Sandhurst and college?

sksk said:
Isn't Hamzah 24 years old... isn't that a bit old to be only half way done towards working on his BA degree. Did he take some years off between Sandhurst and college?
That is exactly what he did.

Hamzah

shelley said:
That is exactly what he did.
He worked in Jordanian army from Dec '99 to Sept '01, I think he is now Liutenant Con. or something like that.

sksk said:
He's in grad school now. I think he already got his BA and if he didn't then he must be very close to getting it. But he's going to grad school either now or very soon.

Waht will Princess Noor be doing now that she has married Prince Hamzah?

I'm posting the above question because i'm curious as to what she is doing now. Will she be studying in the states like her husband? Is she at university at the moment? What do you think her future will be?

I'm also curious as to how the two met. By the way i think she is very beautiful!!!

Amina said:
I'm posting the above question because i'm curious as to what she is doing now. Will she be studying in the states like her husband? Is she at university at the moment? What do you think her future will be?

I'm also curious as to how the two met. By the way i think she is very beautiful!!!
i think she will probably be continuing her studies also. I dont think she graduated yet, so they are both probably studying.
when they go back to Jordan she will probably be doing charity events, like QR did when she first married KA

Amina said:

I've heard they have often met during family reunions in Jordan, since their childhood, though she lived in Spain, but I still wonder how come they took the decision to go out together and get married-

tipper said:
I've heard they have often met during family reunions in Jordan, since their childhood, though she lived in Spain, but I still wonder how come they took the decision to go out together and get married-

Well On Al-Arabiya News Channel it has been said that They have been in love for three years when they got married...which I think is possible. Meeting in family reunions is smthing normal. he probably met a few other Hashemmite girls too not only Noor.

They are both studying somewhere in the US. The JRF did not disclose where b/c of they did not want terrorist threats against them in the US

from Hamzah's website

october 6th
Her Royal Highness Princess Noor Hamzah celebrates her 22nd birthday today.
After obtaining The British Certificate of Education (IGCSE) from King’s College in Spain, the Princess moved to the United States to pursue her university studies. She graduated last May with a Bachelor degree in Political Communications.

Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein and Princess Noor Hamzah got married in a private ceremony in Amman on 29 August 2003. His Majesty King Abdullah hosted a reception in celebration of Their Royal Highnesses' marriage on 27 May 2004. The celebration was attended by Royal Family members from Jordan and abroad.

Hamzah fans might want to head out to North Carolina in May 2005. ;)
Following article explains...
Crown Prince of Jordan to Speak at Elon Commencement

ELON, N.C. -- commencement address at the graduation exercises in May for Elon University.

Elon already has a scholarship named for Al-Hussein's father, the late King Hussein. He is also an acquaintance of Laith Majali, a student graduating in May.

Majali is the first recipient of Elon's King Hussein Scholarship. The scholarship was established after Queen Noor visited the school in 2000 and enables citizens of Jordan to study at Elon.

The graduation ceremony will be May 21, 2005.

Al-Hussein was named crown prince after his oldest brother, King Abdullah the Second, succeeded his father upon King Hussein's death in 1999. Al-Hussein represents the king at events both in Jordan and abroad.

pdas1201 said:
Hamzah fans might want to head out to North Carolina in May 2005. ;)
Following article explains...
What's that?! the article didn't make sense? do they mean by AL-Hussien ,Hamzah?!

I was hopin he wud patronize our graduation in Yarmouk next may :( LOL

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
What's that?! the article didn't make sense? do they mean by AL-Hussien ,Hamzah?!

I was hopin he wud patronize our graduation in Yarmouk next may :( LOL
I know what you mean, Trouble, I didn't quite understand why they kept referring to him as Al-Hussein. But, I am sure they mean Hamzah by Al-Hussein and he will be at Elon University in May, 2005.

Is Princess Noor finished with school? It will be interesting to see what Hamza will do career wise once he's done with school since he no longer has to deal with being cp, and all the responsibilities that comes with it.

sommone said:
Is Princess Noor finished with school? It will be interesting to see what Hamza will do career wise once he's done with school since he no longer has to deal with being cp, and all the responsibilities that comes with it.
Princess Noor is finished now. She got a degree in Political Media but it's never been mentioned where she went to school. I'm pretty sure that Prince Hamzah went to the same school.

I can see Prince Hamzah in the military or the air force after he's done with school.

Hamzah in future

Banadoora said:
Princess Noor is finished now. She got a degree in Political Media but it's never been mentioned where she went to school. I'm pretty sure that Prince Hamzah went to the same school.

I can see Prince Hamzah in the military or the air force after he's done with school.
I think that is a very reasonable, great thing for him to do. As for Princess Noor, well, such a degree has a host of possibilities.....I could see her doing a lot of things! You know, when you look at the backgrounds of the JRF, from KA to Hassan to Hamzah and spouses, they have quite a lot to offer the country working together as a team!

maryshawn said:
I think that is a very reasonable, great thing for him to do. As for Princess Noor, well, such a degree has a host of possibilities.....I could see her doing a lot of things! You know, when you look at the backgrounds of the JRF, from KA to Hassan to Hamzah and spouses, they have quite a lot to offer the country working together as a team!

Yeah this is very true, but would KA and QR allow this? Or would they want everyone to stay in the background?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom