The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Courtier

Sorry the second link didn't work, Layla. I accessed it myself this morning several times. Maybe I can go back on the internet and find it again, and try to send it correctly next time. Were you at least able to access the other one?

Old 05-13-2004, 05:40 PM

they said he wasn't on the plane

Jordan prince sees military crash, 13 dead

Thirteen Jordanian troops were killed Tuesday in the accidental crash of a Hercules C-130 troop carrier during a training mission

July 25, 2000, 08:35 AM AMMAN
(Agencies)
- A Jordanian military transport aircraft crashed into the desert on Tuesday, killing all 13 soldiers on board during an exercise watched by Crown Prince Hamzah.
Officials said 58 parachutists had jumped out of the C-130 Hercules plane during an exercise by Special Forces commandos before the aircraft developed a technical fault and crashed near Al-Mafraq air base, 46 km (30 miles) north of Amman, in the early hours of the morning.

All 13 soldiers left on board died in the crash. The death toll was earlier put at 14 in a statement by a military spokesman carried by the official Petra news agency. The agency later re-issued the statement, giving the number of dead at 13.

The 20-year-old prince, a graduate of the British Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst, rushed to the crash site, attended the operation to recover the bodies and inspected the wreckage, a palace official said.

Petra carried an official denial of reports that Hamzah was on the doomed plane but had parachuted before it crashed.

The military spokesman said the Jordanian Royal Air Force plane was on a training mission for the special forces when it crashed.

A Reuters journalist who visited the site said the plane came down in a desert area only 2 km (1.2 miles) from the main highway to Syria.

He said soldiers cordoned off the crash site and a fire engine was still near fragments of the aircraft hours later.
Arabia on Line © 2000 all rights reserved

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:3WXmBZ-...ash+C-130&hl=en

Old 05-13-2004, 05:42 PM

Jordan Times
Thursday, July 27, 2000

King attends funeral of army officers killed in plane crash

AMMAN (JT) His Majesty King Abdullah on Wednesday attended the funeral of 13 army officers who were killed a day earlier in a C-130 Hercules military aircraft crash during a training exercise.

King Abdullah had cut short his visit to Britain and returned on Tuesday night to Amman postponing his trip to Morocco until later Wednesday in order to attend the funeral.

The King, accompanied by HRH Crown Prince Hamzah and other Royal family members, attended prayers held at the mosque of the Al Hussein Medical Centre before the bodies of the 13 officers were laid to rest.

Present were also the prime minister, the speakers of Parliament, the chief of the Royal Court, senior officials as well as high ranking army officers and relatives of the deceased.

Also Wednesday, King Abdullah visited the prime ministry where he chaired a meeting attended by the prime minister, the chief of the Royal Court, the General Intelligence Chief Samih Battikhi and Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdul Ilah Khatib.

A general assessment of the situation in the Middle East was made in the wake of the failed Palestinian-Israeli Camp David summit as well as King Abdullah's contacts with Arab and world leaders on giving impetus to the peace process.

King Abdullah, who passed his directives to the government on a number of issues, was briefed by the prime minister on progress in the implementation of the King's directives as contained in the Letter of Designation to the government.

Later in the day, the King left for Morocco where he held talks with King Mohammad and congratulated him on the first anniversary of his accession to the throne.

The two sides discussed bilateral relations and issues of common concern
http://www.jordanembassyus.org/07272000001.htm
Old 05-13-2004, 11:43 PM
Courtier

I was only repeating what I read from the link I posted. I did say that the two sources I found were saying different things. One distinctively said he was on the plane, one didn't. I don't really know, but I just thought I would post it. Sorry, for all of those "your welcome" posts, I wasn't sure the reply had gone through since my computer was acting stupid.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:46 PM
Nobility

Does anyone know anything about us having the day off on May 27th (here in Jordan)??
Old 05-24-2004, 04:32 PM
bluetortuga

According to IHT.com (International Herald Tribune) both P. Hamzah and P. Noor attend the same university. It is well-known the P. Hamzah attends Harvard. P. Noor is expected to graduate soon. P. Hamzah will be at school for a while because he is pursing a graduate degree. He hasn't been awarded a bachelor's yet, but I assume that the program he has chosen allows him to enroll to earn credit towards a BA and then a terminal graduate degree (MA or PhD).
Old 05-24-2004, 08:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by bluetortuga@May 24th, 2004 - 3:32 pm
According to IHT.com (International Herald Tribune) both P. Hamzah and P. Noor attend the same university. It is well-known the P. Hamzah attends Harvard. P. Noor is expected to graduate soon. P. Hamzah will be at school for a while because he is pursing a graduate degree. He hasn't been awarded a bachelor's yet, but I assume that the program he has chosen allows him to enroll to earn credit towards a BA and then a terminal graduate degree (MA or PhD).
Bluetortuga,

I went to look for the article but I couldn't find it. Would you happen to have the link for it?? Thanks a lot. :flower:
Old 05-24-2004, 08:37 PM
bluetortuga

Quote:
Originally posted by Banadoora+May 24th, 2004 - 7:06 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Banadoora @ May 24th, 2004 - 7:06 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bluetortuga@May 24th, 2004 - 3:32 pm
According to IHT.com (International Herald Tribune) both P. Hamzah and P. Noor attend the same university. It is well-known the P. Hamzah attends Harvard. P. Noor is expected to graduate soon. P. Hamzah will be at school for a while because he is pursing a graduate degree. He hasn&#39;t been awarded a bachelor&#39;s yet, but I assume that the program he has chosen allows him to enroll to earn credit towards a BA and then a terminal graduate degree (MA or PhD).
Bluetortuga,

I went to look for the article but I couldn&#39;t find it. Would you happen to have the link for it?? Thanks a lot. :flower: [/b][/quote]
Hi Banadoora, Here&#39;s the link. It&#39;s in the form of a PDF:

http://www.iht.com/pdfs/dstar/DS04-29_04.pdf
Old 05-25-2004, 06:55 AM
Aristocracy

did not know Talal and Nayeef were not full brothers, who were their mothers, Alia M. ?
Old 05-25-2004, 09:10 AM
Aristocracy

can anyone tell me if Hamzah and Noor talk English when together, I doubt she can master Arabic well, at what age did she go to live in Spain ? Can Hamzah speak Farsi or Spanish ?
Old 05-25-2004, 11:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by bluetortuga@May 24th, 2004 - 7:37 pm
Hi Banadoora, Here&#39;s the link. It&#39;s in the form of a PDF:

http://www.iht.com/pdfs/dstar/DS04-29_04.pdf
Blue,

it still doesn&#39;t say that they go to Harvard. I think they do though. Everyone seems to think that they do.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

more pics of the independence day celebrations

Old 05-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Humble

Quote:
Originally posted by kcc@May 26th, 2004 - 2:53 pm
i seem to recall reading that princess noor also has an ottoman(sp) descent.
I myself read that she is an Ottoman descent. It is said that her mother princess Fayrouz is the grand child of the last Ottoman Sultan (king).

Princess Noor was born on 10/6/1982
Old 05-27-2004, 03:00 AM
Commoner

is this imperial heitage considered a plus or minus in the arab world today
Old 05-28-2004, 03:06 AM
Commoner

I think Noor Hamzah looked very pretty today at the wedding celebrations.

I am not sure but the Ottoman descent sure emphasizes the fact that Noor is of royal blood, don&#39;t you agree? Hamzah has made a wise marriage. The only crown prince to marry a princess this month. And a princess that goes to Harvard.

People, haven&#39;t you made the obvious connection of why Noor Hamzah looks a bit plumper and is so radiant. They were married in August. Maybe, she is pregnant.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Humble+May 26th, 2004 - 11:41 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Humble @ May 26th, 2004 - 11:41 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kcc@May 26th, 2004 - 2:53 pm
i seem to recall reading that princess noor also has an ottoman(sp) descent.
I myself read that she is an Ottoman descent. It is said that her mother princess Fayrouz is the grand child of the last Ottoman Sultan (king).

Princess Noor was born on 10/6/1982 [/b][/quote]
Nope,her mother Firouzeh is iranian,firouzeh means turquoise in persian.note CP Noor&#39;s skin color,resembles iranian&#33;and her birthday is 8/6/1982
Old 05-28-2004, 05:35 AM
Courtier

the pictures of the CP Hamzah and P Noor toghether in london are not available in petra,whould someone post those pictures again?i&#39;d be so thankfull if you help
Old 05-28-2004, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette+May 28th, 2004 - 5:39 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bubbette @ May 28th, 2004 - 5:39 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by almahboubah@May 25th, 2004 - 2:45 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-silver charm
Quote:
@May 25th, 2004 - 8:19 am

But my comment regarding my 2yr old v. G.Bush still stands.

And I definitely agree with u&#33;
Then you must have a very bright 2 yr old, as W. is one of the most courageous leaders the US and the world has had in years. [/b][/quote]
I beg to differ and tend to agree more with silver charm. But then again you are entitled to your own opinion.

Doesn&#39;t Bush look like the character in MAD Magazine (is he called Mad too?). OMG, what a pun.

cute_girl
You just hit on my most favorite topic. Do you know who this Princess Firouzeh is? Which family? Secondly, you are very mistaken as to Iranians. The pure Iranian is of Aryan descent (most of the races in Europe and especially Germany) and hence the name Iran or Land of the Aryans. This makes them fair skinned and all the other things attributed to the Aryans such as light eyes, hair etc. There are however some darker skinned people in the south of Iran who are of Arab origin (the pure Arab features are dark skin, dark eyes, high cheekbones, big eyes etc.). These Arabic features are more visible in the Gulf countries. The Levant Arabs are slightly fairer because of the many colonizations that were done in the region and they mixed with all these invading people. Hence they have lost the pure Arabic look. I am a bit obssessed with this subject as it is my major in school and I have had to travel extensivley throughout the ME for it. With all due respect, one observation I made is that the Iranian race is the most beautiful race in the region: both men and women (specially the women). Their strongest features are their eyes, eyebrows (yes eyebrows) and skin. I can just say that I wish Noor had inherited a bit of her mother&#39;s side since her dad is also quite handsome. Hope this info helps to give you a better idea.

I think Noor looked fine at her wedding even though I can&#39;t make up my mind as to her veil. Sometimes I like it and sometimes don&#39;t. But the most beautiful thing is that she looked very natural and did not have the done up look of girls of her age: collagen, raised eyebrows etc. You can tell a lot about people who are confident about their physical looks. I also found her smile very sweet.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:45 PM
Majesty

I did some merging becouse there was a lot of threads about the prince and princess that was way down in this forum.... so this thread is very long now and I will close it

I hope to see you at the new thread.....
new thread here - part 3
Old 05-28-2004, 02:13 PM
Majesty

here is a new thread all about the crown prince and his princess

you can find the old thread here

the very first thread

Closed Thread