Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor: News and Pictures 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi would someone PLEASE post pictures of Hamzah and noor together in London. i know someone previously asked but no one did post any:( pleaseeeee

Originally posted by heyyyy@May 30th, 2004 - 1:45 pm
hi would someone PLEASE post pictures of Hamzah and noor together in London. i know someone previously asked but no one did post any:( pleaseeeee
This is the only picture that I could find... There probably aren't that many pictures of their trip to London and that's why no one has posted. This is from Hamzah's official website

LONDON — HRH Crown Prince Hamzah stressed that Islam is a moderate faith that calls for tolerance, understanding and peace between people and rejects hatred, extremism and violence.

The Prince's remarks were made as he headed a panel discussion organised here by the British Council as part of a cultural programme, "Jordan in the UK," in which Jordanian and British students studying in the UK universities met and exchanged viewpoints over many cultural issues.

Crown Prince Hamzah called on the Western world to study and understand Islam on the basis of facts, rather than any other criteria that leads to giving the wrong impression about the faith and its followers in the world.

He highlighted the role assumed by His Majesty King Abdullah in clearing the name of Islam and removing misunderstanding about it.

The Crown Prince added that the increasing Western interest in studying Islam and the history of the Middle East gives a feeling of optimism, but he added that such a study must be driven by willingness for cooperation and understanding to prevent cultural clash.

"Islam is based on respecting followers of other religions and effectively participating in building human civilisation," he said.

Islam, the Crown Prince stressed, is also a faith based on science and knowledge. For such a reason, added the Prince, Jordan is always working to improve its educational system and investing more in its human resources.

Prince Hamzah called on the Jordanian students in London to benefit from the experience they gain at the British universities to help build their country when they return home.

The Crown Prince said that the educational process should focus on "quality" rather than "quantity" and on meeting real market demands. In this regard, he said, Jordan led by King Abdullah is exerting remarkable efforts to introduce the concept of "modern school" to the Kingdom's educational system.

The importance of improving the educational sector in the country, he said, stems from the influential role modern education can play in enhancing the Jordanian democratic march, which started in the reign of His Late Majesty King Hussein.

The significance of powerful educational and democratic system, Prince Hamzah pointed out, also stems from the fact that it helps to a great extent in empowering women to assume more active role in public life.

Jordan, he added, has set an example by paving the way for women to reach Parliament where they have now a six-seat quota. Jordanian women are also represented in the Upper House and are participating in decision-making through having three female ministers in the Cabinet, adding there is at least one woman in each of the country’s 99 municipalities.

In this context, HRH the Crown Prince, pointed out to the great efforts paid by Her Majesty Queen Rania and the government in advancing the role played by the Jordanian women in building their society.

Responding to a question from students participating in the two-hour panel discussion, Prince Hamzah said that objective media can play an effective and active role in bridging gaps between people from different societies and cultures.

Towards the end of the panel discussion, Prince Hamzah highlighted the importance of the "Jordan in the UK" programme which aimed at dismissing misconceptions associated with the Arab/Islamic culture and strengthening intercultural communication and dialogue between young people in Jordan and UK in order to achieve a greater understanding of the nature and values of both societies.

Prince Hamzah said that such activities entrench the belief that "what gathers us as humans to achieve our dreams and hopes is greater than what separates us" and that "knowing the other plays an important role in sparing the world many painful crises resulting from frustration and misunderstanding."

The panel discussion was attended by The Hashemite Fund for Human Development Director Farah Daghistani and Deputy Raed Qaqish. While Qaqish emphasised that the Jordanian society has many examples to indicate the effective exercise of the right of expression and democracy, Daghistani pointed out that more efforts should be exerted to spread awareness about both concepts in both the Arab and Western worlds.

Also participating in the panel discussion, which was moderated by the British Council Director in Amman, Tim Gore, were the BBC News presenter Zeinab Badawi, who said that Jordan is a clear example of a moderate country in the Middle East, and the Independent columnist and writer, Johann Hari.

Hamzah

On the sidelines of the seminar, Prince Hamzah, accompanied by HRH Princess Noor Hamzah, opened a photo exhibition by Jordanian students. Photos depicting the Kingdom's culture and art were on display.

Noor and Hamzah

heyy thank you SOOO much LYONNAISE. very helpful.
also, can u please tell me where exactly on the website it says that?

Originally posted by heyyyy@May 30th, 2004 - 4:12 pm
heyy thank you SOOO much LYONNAISE. very helpful.
also, can u please tell me where exactly on the website it says that?
No problem..

Here's his website address: Prince Hamzah's Official Website

*Go to "News and Events"
*Click on February.. then on February 13th

Al-Arabia did a program on Hamza today in the weekly magazine program called "Mahatat". They showed his childhood, engagement and wedding. It was about 5 minutes but very interesting. I think they will do a repeat tomorrow so if you have Al-Arabia tune in.

Amman, June 8 (Petra)--Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Hamzah
Bin Al Hussein and Princess Nor Hamzah left the country for a private
visit.

Hm... I wonder if that's their honeymoon.

Originally posted by Banadoora@Jun 10th, 2004 - 12:05 am
Amman, June 8 (Petra)--Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Hamzah
Bin Al Hussein and Princess Nor Hamzah left the country for a private
visit.

Hm... I wonder if that's their honeymoon.
i read somewhere that their in london

they are such a lovely couple, they look soo in love. may god protect them. I was a bit weary first when i heard he got engaged but when i saw their wedding on TV, you can see that their in love :heart: :heart: :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
hey cut1me, where did you read about them being in London? any sources? any links?
just want to see because im curious

Originally posted by heyyyy@Jun 14th, 2004 - 5:32 pm
hey cut1me, where did you read about them being in London? any sources? any links?
just want to see because im curious
I saw them in London, both of them... :blush:

CUT1ME? you saw them? please give us all details.. hehe where? when? what were they doing? wearing? anything...EVERYTHING plzz

Originally posted by heyyyy@Jun 15th, 2004 - 7:27 pm
CUT1ME? you saw them? please give us all details.. hehe where? when? what were they doing? wearing? anything...EVERYTHING plzz
i didnt speak to them, they were talking and laughing together. I wanted to say hello and congratulations but i was too embarassed. They are a very cute couple, they look happy and very relaxed together :wub: :wub:

well, is she as pretty in person as in the pics?

Originally posted by cd_1@Jun 16th, 2004 - 11:03 am
well, is she as pretty in person as in the pics?
she is much nicer in person, prettier, she is very cute, she has a great smile

His parents spent their honeymoon in England so I wouldn't be surprised if they spent theirs there too. P Hamzah probably knows his way around London very well. He spent quite a few years there.

Originally posted by Banadoora@Jun 16th, 2004 - 3:36 pm
His parents spent their honeymoon in England so I wouldn't be surprised if they spent theirs there too.
i wonder if they will go somewhere else for their honeymoon, like a secluded island or something

Originally posted by cut1me+Jun 17th, 2004 - 3:39 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cut1me @ Jun 17th, 2004 - 3:39 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Amoula@Jun 15th, 2004 - 6:25 am

Yep they are in London.
did u see them amoula? [/b][/quote]
My aunt told me her friend saw them. but she didn't tell me where,she only said i saw the newly wed in London.

Originally posted by cut1me@Jun 17th, 2004 - 3:38 am

i wonder if they will go somewhere else for their honeymoon, like a secluded island or something
Technically, is this really a honeymoon for them? They've been legally married for almost a year now.

015/ Crown Prince Opens Al al Bait Foundation Conference
Amman, Aug. 21 (Petra)--Deputizing for His Majesty King Abdullah II,
His Royal Highness Crown Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein, the Higher Chairman
of Al al Bait Foundation for Islamic Thought, opened the 13th Session
of the foundation's conference in the presence of a number of princes
and senior officials.
His Highness affirmed in a speech he delivered, that the nation is
facing continuous pressures and challenges that target its holy shrines.
He said that Islam and Muslims reject extremism, for it is not part of
their values.
The Crown Prince underlined the importance of research and planning
for Muslims to achieve the interest of their nation. "Raising the individual
Muslim through sound education is the element that renews in him and in
his nation the message of Islam,' he added.
The three-day conference aims at answering many questions related
to the position of Islam on Shura and democracy as well as differences
between them.
Participants will discuss 31 researches on shura and democracy and
will focus on issues pertaining to pluralism in Islam, civil and democratic
dimensions of the ruling system in Islam, and the concept of ruling in
Islam.
Al al Bait Foundation, which was established in 1980, aims at presenting
the right image of Islam and Islamic thought and correct the wrong images
about Islam.

Jordan's crown prince urges reforms in Muslim thinking

From the Toronto Star:

AMMAN, Jordan (AP) — Jordan's Crown Prince Hamzah today urged reforms in Muslim thinking and criticized Islamic extremism, but said such fanaticism resulted from injustices and oppression being suffered by Muslims.

Hamzah, a half brother of Jordan's King Abdullah II and heir to the throne, told 80 scholars from 40 countries attending a three-day conference that the Muslim world was facing "successive pressures and challenges ... (that) extend to every corner of the (Islamic) nation's potential and its sacred shrines."

Hamzah did not elaborate on the pressures Muslims were facing, saying only that fanaticism was caused by a "deprivation, oppression and absence of justice" that "provokes hatred."

The prince said the extremist Islamic behaviour resulting from such pressure is then "taken as evidence to convict and blame Muslims on the false assumption that these are characteristics of their morals, principles and even religion."

"But the truth is that Islam and the Muslims reject and condemn these exceptional cases as strange to their true religion and as a form of transgression," he said.

Following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks in the United States, many in the West cited a lack of freedoms and political and social oppression in the Muslim world for encouraging radical Islam and producing people like the 19 Al Qaeda Islamic extremists who hijacked passenger planes and crashed them into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

In the Middle East, many Arabs and Muslims blamed Washington's support of Israel in its conflict with the Palestinians and the presence of U.S. forces in the region as catalysts for anti-Western hatred.

Many Islamic states and leaders have condemned acts of terrorism carried out in the name of Islam and supported the U.S.-led war on terror, but at the same time accused Western countries of comparing the entire Muslim world with militant extremists like Osama bin Laden.

"Extremism has destroyed, throughout history, remarkable achievements in great civilizations, including our Islamic civilization," he said. "When hatred is dominant and hearts are closed, and when people do not resort to the rulings of Sharia (Islamic law) and reason, the tree of civilization withers away and societies cease to grow."

Hamzah also blamed the media for "weakening the Muslim's energy and soul," and suggested that educational reform could remedy extremism and inform the masses of Islam's true meaning.

He urged scholars to take steps toward "self actualization" and said the image of Muslims abroad "cannot be rectified unless we address the imbalance we suffer from inside ourselves."

Hamzah is the president of the board of trustees of the conference host, the Aal al-Bayt Foundation for Islamic Thought, which is dedicated to discussing challenges facing Islam, including extremism and democracy in the Muslim world.

Top clergymen and religious affairs ministers from throughout the Muslim world, plus scholars from countries including the United States, Britain, China, Russia, India and Pakistan, are attending the conference.

The Aal al-Bayt Foundation is a semi-independent think tank established in 1980 by Hamzah's late father, King Hussein, who died five years ago. The institution's name derives from Jordan's ruling Hashemite dynasty, which claims ancestry to the Prophet Muhammad.

Actually, the Al Bayt Foundation and University was entirely the brain child and founded by then Crown Prince Hassan, with the support and blessing of the late King, who was its official Patron. In its original form and for nearly twenty years, it was known and functioned as the Aal Bayt Foundation for the Study of Islamic Civilisation, and had linked to it the Al Al Bayt University which was a post graduate university for similar studies. The Foundation was handed to Prince Hamzah in 1999. It is now called the Al Bayt Foundation for Islamic Thought, and although the members have increased, many of the newer members are from a much more rigid background than the founding members. The University has diversified to teach many other subjects including computor science. The original idea was to make Muslims aware and proud of the diversity of Islam, and to try to teach , discuss and develop a centre-ist Islamic platform for the silent majority of Muslims world wide.

Thanks for pointing this out and for the additional info. I noticed the error in this article as I was reading it. I remember you mentioned this in another thread.

How's Crown Prince Hamzah doing, do you think Shelley? Too early to tell?

shelley said:
Actually, the Al Bayt Foundation and University was entirely the brain child and founded by then Crown Prince Hassan, with the support and blessing of the late King, who was its official Patron. In its original form and for nearly twenty years, it was known and functioned as the Aal Bayt Foundation for the Study of Islamic Civilisation, and had linked to it the Al Al Bayt University which was a post graduate university for similar studies. The Foundation was handed to Prince Hamzah in 1999. It is now called the Al Bayt Foundation for Islamic Thought, and although the members have increased, many of the newer members are from a much more rigid background than the founding members. The University has diversified to teach many other subjects including computor science. The original idea was to make Muslims aware and proud of the diversity of Islam, and to try to teach , discuss and develop a centre-ist Islamic platform for the silent majority of Muslims world wide.

hamzah excuses extreme Islam

"Jordan's Crown Prince Hamzah on Saturday urged reforms in Muslim thinking and criticized Islamic extremism, but said such fanaticism resulted from injustices and oppression being suffered by Muslims. " Just what are the "injustices and oppressions" cause extremist Muslims to murder men, women, children, Jews Christians, etc? KHussein killed more Muslims than any Western govt.

""Extremism has destroyed, throughout history, remarkable achievements in great civilizations, including our Islamic civilization," he said. "When hatred is dominant and hearts are closed, and when people do not resort to the rulings of Sharia (Islamic law) and reason, the tree of civilization withers away and societies cease to grow."

Hamzah also blamed the media for "weakening the Muslim's energy and soul," and suggested that educational reform could remedy extremism and inform the masses of Islam's true meaning. "

A call for Sharia? How does this jibe with KA's moves to modernize Jordan?
http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/002932.php

[QUOTE
How's Crown Prince Hamzah doing, do you think Shelley? Too early to tell?[/QUOTE]

I do not think that the young man has had much chance so far to make his mark. In the case of his father and uncle, it was much more of a partnership than it seems at present. They had come through hard times together - '67 War, 'Black September' etc and by the time P. Hassan was the age P. Hamzah is today he had already started on the economic reform of Jordan through the first Three Year Development Plan. I don't know whether Hamzah has it in him or not to achieve in a similar manner but he is certainly not getting the support that P. Hassan got at a similar time.

Does anyone have any news of how P. Hamzah's visit to Detroit has been? Any pictures from the 25th Anniversary dinner of the Arab-American and Chaldean Council?

bluetortuga said:
Does anyone have any news of how P. Hamzah's visit to Detroit has been? Any pictures from the 25th Anniversary dinner of the Arab-American and Chaldean Council?

Ps:I have a weird Question and I would love to hear an answer,lol.
Why does HRH always wear the "Cufia",I mean when he inaugurated a reserve in Kufr khal (?),he was wearing it though it was so very hot,and in the US,where people do not know what it is exactely,he was wearing it aswell.
Is it something he has to do in celebrations and ceremonies?or does he like it and thats why he's always wearing it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom