King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 30: December 16, 2008 -February 25, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First ladies in peace action
Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s wife, Emine Erdoğan, invited France’s first lady, Carla Bruni, Spain’s Sonsoles Espinosa, Syria’s Esma Esat, Jordan’s Queen Raina Al Abdullah,, the Lebanese president’s wife, Vefa Süleyman, Azerbaijan’s Mihriban Aliyev, Morocco’s Queen Lalla Selma and Qatar’s Queen Sheikha Mozah to the summit, pointing to the human tragedy in the region.

Queen Rania today is Turkey - Istanbul. For World Peace.
Invitation Owner : Emine Erdogan - Turkish First Lady
Place : Four Season Hotel - Istanbul

Other Guest
Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco
Esma Assad - Syria
Hamad Bin Isa El Halife's wife - Bahreyn
Mihriban Aliyev - Azerbaijan
Seyha Mozah of Qatar
Liri Berisa of Albania
Begum Gilani - Pakistan
Lebenon First Lady
Naomi Cambell

http://www.haberx.com/Politika-Haberleri/Ocak-2009/First-Ladyler-dunya-barisi-icin-bulusuyor.aspx

http://www.hurhaber.com/news_detail.php?id=167536

Jordan's King Abdullah II meets members of an EU mission to the Middle East at the royal court in Amman, on January 6, 2009. The team, including Czech Foreign Minister Karel Schwarzenberg, EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana and EU external Relations Commissioner Benita Ferrero-Waldner, are seeking to resolve the Gaza Strip's situation.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Jordan's King Abdullah II meets with influential Sunni cleric Sheikh Yussef Qaradawi, who leads a delegation from the International Union of Muslim Scholars, at the Beit Al-Ordon palace in Amman, Jordan, 06 January 2009. The delegation from the International Union of Muslim Scholars is on a regional tour seeking action to end Israel's attacks on the Gaza Strip.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Other pics:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

King Abdullah donates his blood.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Libya leader's daughter Dr. Aisha Muammar Al Kaddafi, Pakistan First Lady Begum Fauzia Yusuf Raza Gilani, Syrian First Esma Esad, Qatari second wife of Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani Nasser Al-Missned, Turkey's Prime Minister wife Emine Erdogan, Queen of Jordan Rania, Lebanon's First Lady Wafa Sleiman and Azerbaijan Parliament Vice President Bahar Muradova pose for a picture before the meeting of spouses of the heads of state of government in Istanbul, Turkey on 10 January 2009. Wife's of political leaders of several countries meet in Istanbul in support of Gaza.

ANP Beeldbank

What can I say? I am proud of our first lady for doing that. Emine Erdogan invited the first ladies for giving peace message.I am very proud of being Turkish.

Queen Rania
GAZZE'YE DESTEK ÝÇÝN ÝSTANBUL BULUÞMASI / 17 - Hürriyet

Queen Rania looks nice today. This is the fourth time she visits Turkey.

It should be an Arabian first lady who invites for this summit, anyways I respect Emine Ardogan and her husband very much, I liked Asma of Syria more than Mozza, the queen is elegant. but where is lalla Salma?

the queen's face is different, does anybody notice or because of the hair?

yes i notice that too xavi,i think it's her hair,colour of her hair is different,more blonde i think.
thank you for photos and links:flowers:

It should be an Arabian first lady who invites for this summit, anyways I respect Emine Ardogan and her husband very much, I liked Asma of Syria more than Mozza, the queen is elegant. but where is lalla Salma?

Lalla Salma didn't come although she was invited.

Yes is Aisha.

thanks Salma:flowers:
this is getting better and better:rolleyes:

Thanks for the photos.

It's good to see the ladies getting together although I hope they concentrate more on humanitarian efforts. If they try to work on the political side the summit will be a failure imo.

And slightly OT but what s Fauzai Gilani wearing?! She looks awful

I also like the idea of women from muslim countries meeting and trying to contribute to world peace,because we all know how much oppressed these women are by their societies :flowers:
Of course,as some posters said above,we shall never forget that all these meetings should be judged by their results and not by the fact that they took place somewhere.Plus,I don't understand why Emine Erdogan cares only for peace in the East and not in the Aegean for example:Turkish air forces have been really provocative above the Aegean the last days :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom