King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 28: June 2 - October 13, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Rania's latest Youtube video
Amazing...Although itt brings tears to my eyes, how we as muslims are viewed now :(
Well Done ur majesty :) Everyday I respect you more and more!

Last edited by a moderator:
i read somehwhere that the couple will be making a state (?) visit to Spain in October or November - is this correct and are there anymore details

According to this blog entry the King and Queen are in Japan as part of a 5-day state visit. Does anybody have more details?!

"Japan’s Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko on Wednesday hosted a state banquest at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo in honour of Jordan’s King Abdullah and Queen Rania."
News Summary Royalblog.nl: King Abdullah invites Japan's Emperor

According to this blog entry the King and Queen are in Japan as part of a 5-day state visit. Does anybody have more details?!

"Japan’s Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko on Wednesday hosted a state banquest at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo in honour of Jordan’s King Abdullah and Queen Rania."
News Summary Royalblog.nl: King Abdullah invites Japan's Emperor

This is a mistake. The king was still in Jordan on Wednesday, when he held talks in Jordan with the Yemeni president. I suspect this is an old story from their state visit to Japan in 1999 that has been mistaken for current news by the blogger. The Eid al-Fitr holidays were also this week.

News

I must say I am impressed with QRania and her work schedule, she is constantly busy with important things, not just cutting ribbons and at premiers, she takes active part in all the assocoations she is connected to and is a woman and Queen with presence!:queen:

King Abdullah's & Queen Rania's visit to South America can be found here.

The thread will open as the visit comes closer. Till then, if you have any articles or information you would like to post, please send it to one of the forum moderators and they would be happy to post it for you and would quote it as yours.

Thank you

This is a mistake. The king was still in Jordan on Wednesday, when he held talks in Jordan with the Yemeni president. I suspect this is an old story from their state visit to Japan in 1999 that has been mistaken for current news by the blogger. The Eid al-Fitr holidays were also this week.

News
That's what I thought because of Eid etc it seemed unlikely. However, because the JRF don't announce visits in the same way as other royal houses I wasn't certain.

King Abdullah is in London today. Anyone know why?

Natalie Portman about Queen Rania (and FINCA):

She's this incredible woman whom I really admire. She's Palestinian, and I was inspired by her and thought we could do some sort of women's Middle Eastern initiative," Portman says. "When I contacted her office, they said she was really excited about FINCA. I had no idea what that meant, so I started exploring it. And then I started traveling with them to learn about it."

She has found something of a role model in Queen Rania. "She's so warm and so smart. She's an incredible, incredible woman," Portman says.
"I've always been suspicious of monarchy, with our culture of democracy, but their monarchs are better than our elected officials. They're doing so much good for their nation," she says.

Actress is force for change, empowering women - USATODAY.com

A thread has been created in the Spanish forum on the upcoming visit of the King & Queen to Spain, the thread can be found here.

Who has the most inspirational leader of 2008?

Queen Rania - The philanthropist
Beautiful and intelligent, and balancing a modern outlook with a deep concern for her people, Jordan's Queen Rania seems in many ways to represent the optimistic face of the Middle East's future. Since she entered the spotlight after she married then Prince Abdullah in 1993, she has become known for her philanthropic work, pushing for better educational facilities for Jordan's school children and supporting efforts to empower women.

Who has the most inspirational leader of 2008? - CNN.com

^^^ thanks for the pictures it's nice to see her in one of those jordanian traditional dresses!

Queen Rania, Suzan Mubarak attend ceremony in Cairo
News</STRONG>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom