The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the updates!
Both sites provides a good summary of activities and initiatives of Their Majesties. I liked the fact that King Abdullah's family gallery includes photos of his brothers and sisters.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Friends in high places
The audience was highly select – in fact, there were only a handful of people – King Abdullah, Queen Rania, the Indian businessmen and a few close friends. The mujra was an entertainment financed by the Indians, who do big business with Jordan. And this is not the limit of Kiran’s international exposure; she has made many friends in high places.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:16 AM
Courtier

Jordan's King Abdullah II announces sweeping reforms

(CNN) -- Jordan's King Abdullah II announced sweeping reforms in a nationally televised address Sunday, promising to establish a parliamentary majority government -- a key demand of protesters calling for changes to the regime.

Jordan's King Abdullah II announces sweeping reforms - CNN.com

the full text of KA’s speech on the occasion of Arab Revolt, Army Day and Coronation Day on Sunday (June 12, 2011):

‘No one in Jordan has a monopoly on reform’ | Jordan Times
Old 06-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is Jordan's King Losing Control over the Bedouin? :: Hudson New York
The Bedouin minority in Jordan has been critical of the king for some time, with some people calling for a constitutional monarchy and others calling for toppling the Hashemite regime.
The Bedouin control the Jordanian army and the security agencies; will we see the regime in Jordan falling at the hands of its formerly-loyal Bedouin?
Since the establishment of the Hashemite rule -- on the Eastern part of the British Mandate for Palestine in 1921 -- the Hashemites have been following the classic policy of divide and conquer by turning the Bedouin minority into their own army, and banning everyone else from joining.
This dependency on the rule of the minority worked out for the Hashemites when they occupied Judea and Samaria in 1948 and ruled the Palestinian population west of the Jordan River. It also served them well later, in 1970, when the Palestinian Liberation Organization was competing with King Hussein over who should rule Jordan.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
Is Jordan's King Losing Control over the Bedouin? :: Hudson New York
The Bedouin minority in Jordan has been critical of the king for some time, with some people calling for a constitutional monarchy and others calling for toppling the Hashemite regime.
The Bedouin control the Jordanian army and the security agencies; will we see the regime in Jordan falling at the hands of its formerly-loyal Bedouin?
Since the establishment of the Hashemite rule -- on the Eastern part of the British Mandate for Palestine in 1921 -- the Hashemites have been following the classic policy of divide and conquer by turning the Bedouin minority into their own army, and banning everyone else from joining.
This dependency on the rule of the minority worked out for the Hashemites when they occupied Judea and Samaria in 1948 and ruled the Palestinian population west of the Jordan River. It also served them well later, in 1970, when the Palestinian Liberation Organization was competing with King Hussein over who should rule Jordan.
what this mean ? in last , what will hapen?
Old 06-21-2011, 12:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
what this mean ? in last , what will hapen?
I do not understand the situation either, dear. I feel concerned for His Majesty very much.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
I do not understand the situation either, dear. I feel concerned for His Majesty very much.
me too , they want him go?
Old 06-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

that's intersting article thanks for sharing.
I would love to ask our Jordanians friends her on TRF about what is that mean exactly?
The Bedouin who come out with that famous report critising Rania?

even though I don't see King Abdullah rule in danger.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Many criticisms of Queen Rania seem to have been because she eclipsed her husband and in a male dominated society. That does not bode well for a king, that in the eyes of his subjects, seems to let his wife do her own thing.

In this I think the cult following that she has built up, much as the ardent followers of Diana in her day, though mostly fashion and charity fans, has worked against her husband's interests. There have been suggestions that he has allowed her to use him for Jordanian interests. True or not, the mere suggestion has opened a can of worms.

It will be interesting to see if Abdullah can regain the respect and trust of the Bedouin.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Many criticisms of Queen Rania seem to have been because she eclipsed her husband and in a male dominated society. That does not bode well for a king, that in the eyes of his subjects, seems to let his wife do her own thing.

In this I think the cult following that she has built up, much as the ardent followers of Diana in her day, though mostly fashion and charity fans, has worked against her husband's interests. There have been suggestions that he has allowed her to use him for Jordanian interests. True or not, the mere suggestion has opened a can of worms.

It will be interesting to see if Abdullah can regain the respect and trust of the Bedouin.
I agree with you ; many did not get well with the idea that she stole the show from him and on the expense of the poor country , there were times where she had her own business trips while the King is almost disappearing as Jordan's role externally ... this was not the case during KH reign ..this is the case from outside but deep inside corruption is the biggest problem and serious steps are needed
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 06-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree MARG It will be interesting to see if Abdullah can regain the Bedouin trust again or what is the prise he have to make to have it again.
I think we will know as soon as the reforms king promise will come out I am looking forward to see that reforms it's the Arab Spring no?
Old 07-08-2011, 03:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Rania’s new image appeases critics

Queen Rania’s new image appeases critics - FT.com
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 07-08-2011, 05:17 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
Queen Rania’s new image appeases critics

Queen Rania’s new image appeases critics - FT.com
That's a very noteworthy article, xavi.
I'm wondering why why Rania hasn't shown up in public for a longer time... Perhaps she's too fed up with the whole controversy around her persons and waits till everything hushes ...
Old 07-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monic View Post
That's a very noteworthy article, xavi.
I'm wondering why why Rania hasn't shown up in public for a longer time... Perhaps she's too fed up with the whole controversy around her persons and waits till everything hushes ...
or maybe she is in Holiday like everybody in this part of the year she always takes off the whole month of July for vacation usually there are paparazzi pics of her during almost her holiday but this year and because of all these critics there wont be any

intersting article xavi thanks for sharing it's good to see she understand and takes notes of what her poeple think and want from her.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Petra reported that Queen Rania attended King Abdullah's address to the Sun Valley Economic Forum in Idaho a couple of days ago (article), like she did last year. But it's a low-key event and there's little coverage of it even in the US media; last year there was only one picture from Petra.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Muslim Brotherhood challenges Jordan
As it prepares for a large-scale demonstration on July 15, Jordan's Muslim Brotherhood has stepped up its criticism of King Abdullah II’s monarchy, going so far as to risk breaking the law by questioning its legitimacy.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
Petra reported that Queen Rania attended King Abdullah's address to the Sun Valley Economic Forum in Idaho a couple of days ago (article), like she did last year. But it's a low-key event and there's little coverage of it even in the US media; last year there was only one picture from Petra.
that's does not mean they are not in holiday and you said it yourself it a low-key event nothing important and usually they attend that when they are in US for vacation with their kids.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Muna Khan / Single Entry: Why is King Abdullah of Jordan tone deaf to reality?
You’d then think that with everything that is happening in the Arab world, leaders would have learned a thing or two. Like, for instance, don’t kick protestors because it doesn’t make them go away. It has the opposite effect—they come back with a vengeance.
Sadly, King Abdullah of Jordan did not receive this memo. Or he skipped class the day they taught how to deal with peaceful protestors without losing your international street cred.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:29 AM

So sad that while jordanians are suffering from bad economy and corruption, while protests are still taking place and journalists are being attacked, with all this instability the king and queen are on vacation!! When is this going to stop?

Jordan's King Abdullah roars into Jamestown | news10.net

Here is another link

Jordan king's California vacation leaves residents with bill | Video | news10.net
Old 07-18-2011, 04:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jara View Post
ah the Harley riding again !!! the region is boiling and Jordan also ....

Closed Thread