The Royal Hunt: 2003, 2005-2014, 2016-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to me?..did I write a word about criminal acts? (quite frankly, your example stinks) Did I say that doing things in open view makes them correct? Did I use the words "correct/incorrect" at all?
No, I didn't (and I never would in connection with smoking or hunting).
And yes, definitely time for agreeing to disagree.

I guess each to their own, I thought your previously stated assumptions stunk as well. So now we are even:)

It is time to stop the above discussion and move on. Further replies will be deleted immediately.

BB has a series of pictures of Mary during the hunting trip petting a dog.
The dog owner was suprised that Mary walked up to him and his dogs.
click here

BB has a series of pictures of Mary during the hunting trip petting a dog.
The dog owner was suprised that Mary walked up to him and his dogs.
click here
Thank you for this link. :flowers: The photos were taken at one of the outbuildings of Frederiksborg Castle when the ladies arrived for lunch.

Queen Margrethe , with Mary and several other ladies visited Frederiksborg Castle for an exhibition of it's history in the morning while the men hunted. They met with the hunters for luncheon in one of the outbuildings at Frederiksborg Castle to share luncheon, before going on their way in the afternoon to an Art Museum.
Source: local newspaper.

just a suggestion: if this is such a horrible tradition to some, and to other it is just a tradition, maybe someone could write a letter to the court and ask them what indeed is done with all the meat once the hunt is over? Maybe they donate some of it or all of it to shelters, or local restraunts? It's wrong to make the assumption that they go out to hunt just for sport and then do nothing with the meat. I'm sure with the way everyone is today, in support of the enviroment, that they might do such a thing, as keep some and donate the other.
But one will never know unless someone takes the initative to write them and ask.
for me personally, I see no problem with having Christian there viewing the carcassas. That way when he gets older, he will be well informed and can make his own decision on whether he wants to continue this tradition or not. As for me, I do not like hunting, I do not like seeing dead animals, but I do eat meat.

Prince Frederik and Prince Henrik at the royal hunt on Fredensborg Slot in Fredensborg today

PPE Agency

Meat in a butcher's shop is a necessity for living. The Royal Hunting Party glorifies the act of killing as pleasure and a socially exclusive sport. This is a disgusting celebration of death. The Glucksburgs should be ashamed.

Meat in a butcher's shop is a necessity for living. The Royal Hunting Party glorifies the act of killing as pleasure and a socially exclusive sport. This is a disgusting celebration of death. The Glucksburgs should be ashamed.

I'm not a hunter myself, but hunting is not an issue in DK.
There are around 70.000 licensed hunters in DK. As such most people know someone who is a hunter.

TV show on prime time how hunters stalk, shoot, and slaughter animals (break them up I believe is the term).

The same thing with slaughtering animals on ecological farms. That is shown on prime time TV as well. The killing of animals is not something alien.

The DRF are not out of touch with the rest of the population in that respect. You will see no demonstrators at royal hunts, which would be an obvious thing to do.
The Danish equivalents to PETA work closely with the hunting associations.

The industrialised pigfarms and chickenfarms are an issue in Denmark, but hunting is not.

How do you think the meat got to the butcher shop? All meat from hunts are eaten and the animals had a very different life from a domesticated cow that died in a slaughterhouse.

Prince Frederik and Prince Henrik at the royal hunt on Fredensborg Slot in Fredensborg today

PPE Agency

Henrik couldn't dress any worse I guess, those yellow socks are hideous.
They seem to be enjoying the hunt. When is the last hunt of the season? They seem to hunt during the Autumn/Winter days if I am correct?

I suppose you won't see them in the boots he propably wears during the hunt :D

Prince Henrik is always the funny looking man at these sorts of events, I think :) He´s the joker in the DRF :D :wub: :D

How do you think the meat got to the butcher shop? All meat from hunts are eaten and the animals had a very different life from a domesticated cow that died in a slaughterhouse.

Grandmothers do not dress up and take their grandchildren to see the blood spilling out of the cow lying dead on the slaughterhouse floor.

It is the celebration of deliberate death for pleasure that is so wholly and unutterably offensive.

Grandmothers do not dress up and take their grandchildren to see the blood spilling out of the cow lying dead on the slaughterhouse floor.

It is the celebration of deliberate death for pleasure that is so wholly and unutterably offensive.

It may be cultural.

My children, along with a lot of other children, have watched a lion and a whale being disected.
They have seen with their school how lions ate a dead cow.

It wasn't the children who were disgusted, they were fascinated and very interested. It was among the adults you found those who were disgusted.
The only thing that bothered them was the smell, but curiosity quickly overcame that.

If they watch Danish TV, they can fully expect to see a chicken having it's head chopped off, a goat being slaughtered, a wild boar being shot and slaughtered - without any parental guide in advance.

We kill animals and eat them. It's basically only present day children who don't know about the gorey details.

Last edited:
Henrik - I doubt it can get any worse. Not only the yellow socks but also the strange tie and the belly squeezed under the belt. It would be fun to see his belly next to Marys and I cant tell who is bigger
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2010/PPE10111607.jpg
And what is happening to Frederik? He looks something between ill and completely worn out
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2010/PPE10111602.jpg

Every year the same discussion about the hunt, I dont have a problem with it when it is done within the rules and the meat will be eaten.
There are royals out there who hunt protected animals whose meat wont be used, just for the fun of it, what is disgusting.

There are royals out there who hunt protected animals whose meat wont be used, just for the fun of it, what is disgusting.

Agree, I see no point in hunting just to get a trophy. - You can do that just as well and repeatedly with a camera. - Hunting with a camera takes a lot of patience and skill as well.

Hunting for food or to cull a population of animals (the only large predators we have in DK are cars) or to finish off a sick animal is perfectly acceptable to me.

I wonder if Frederik has a cold, quite a few people are down with a cold or a mild flu these days.

As for Prince Henrik's dress sense. Well, it's a pity he wasn't around in the 15-1700's, I think he would have felt right at home with the fashion back then! :p

Yes they do unless they are out on the hunt themselves.

Oh, I always hate those pictures of the dead animals. I know hunting is a tradition in the DRF, but personally I won't ever get used to the pictures of little Christian among the dead deer.

He looks mature and well rounded....:lol:

His pondus would have made his peers turn green with envy had he lived 500 years ago. :p

Very nicely put Muhler. :lol: He might need to look for a larger jacket for next year. This one seems to be pushed to the max. I love the PC. He seems to be such a jolly, happy man who seems to keep the family on their toes. :flowers:

Well CP Frederik does not look ill and worn out in these photos!
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2010/PPE10111601.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2010/PPE10111604.jpg

I think that it is amazing that hunting in Denmark is so acceptable that the Danish royals are seen in public with the "kill" unlike other countries were hunting by royals are kept well out of the public domain and media spotlight. Just emphasizes the differences of cultures in the world which should be respected, even if not understood or is alien to our own cultural mindset!

Last edited:
Picture gallery

I must say it doesn't bother me seeing Christian with the dead animals, simple because we grew up hunting and many parents do take their kids with them. I would assume if Christian was bothered or didn't like it he would not be going.

I don't think Christian should be taken to this kind of event at this age. I respect that it is a Danish tradition, and I have no argument with that.

Well...it looks like the actual hunting belongs to the males only. I noticed that Princess Isabella has never been seen at this event, even though Prince Christian was attending at Isabella's age & younger. Its obvious that Christian is the one who will carry on the tradition after Prince Henrik and CP Frederik.

I'm not if favor of rubbing the kids nose in it, but I think it's beneficial that children learn about these things - death - mainly from an early age. And, IMO, game killed in a hunt is a rather dignified way of introducing the subject. Too many people these days have an estranged relationship towards animals and their origin when they lie in the fridge at the super market.

The way the hunt is presented, the seriousness and cermony, also teaches respect for the animals - dead as well as alive.

I think it's disgraceful. Shame on the lot of them.

Back
Top Bottom