The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 03-14-2017, 08:03 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 7,752
Condolences to the family.
__________________

__________________
"I never did mind about the little things"
Amanda, "Point of No Return"
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-14-2017, 08:55 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Somewhere in Germany, Germany
Posts: 888
Who will be the next heir after Gustavs death since he won't have children with Carina?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-14-2017, 09:28 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 7,752
If my memory serves me correctly ...

If Prince Gustav were childless, the succession line would be moved to Prince Robin, Prince Richard's younger brother, and his children.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince...tein-Berleburg
__________________
"I never did mind about the little things"
Amanda, "Point of No Return"
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-14-2017, 10:14 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 8,976
Is it just the title that goes to robin? Or the money and everything else that goes with it? I know little of German titles. I know with many aristocratic titles, thohgh the title was list or past to another branch, the personal fortune remained with the family.

Anyways truly sad news. Sad that it was so sudden that Benedikte was not home with him. My condolences to his wife, children and grandchildren
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-15-2017, 02:57 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,982
When does the funeral expect to take place?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-15-2017, 03:02 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: TX, United States
Posts: 1,066
Condolences to his loved ones.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-15-2017, 04:49 AM
episcogal's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 261
Terribly sad news - Condolences to Bene and family.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-15-2017, 05:55 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Is it just the title that goes to robin? Or the money and everything else that goes with it?
Vast money and estates which are connected to the title of Fürst.

Gustav wouldn't lose his title of Prince, Carina would be Princess in case of marriage, but would not be considered as Fürst, Head of the family. The money and estates that go with it also, by personal will of his grandfather.

So, Gustav is not forbidden to marry by any means. It is just said that he wouldn't inherit personal wealth of his grandfather if he doesn't marry kind of girl his grandfather wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
If Prince Gustav were childless, the succession line would be moved to Prince Robin, Prince Richard's younger brother, and his children.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince...tein-Berleburg

The clause was that the Heir to Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg estate has to be married to Protestant Aryan noble girl, which excludes Prince Robin and his descendants.

So, the next in line who should inherit would be Prince Bernhart zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg(adopted Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein) who lives in Berleburg and was/is married to Countess Katharina von Podewils-Dürnitz.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-15-2017, 09:02 AM
Alyend's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sansepolcro, Italy
Posts: 145
Sad news, my condolences to Princess Benedikte and her family.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-15-2017, 09:13 AM
Al_bina's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 7,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
... [snipped]
The clause was that the Heir to Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg estate has to be married to Protestant Aryan noble girl, which excludes Prince Robin and his descendants.

So, the next in line who should inherit would be Prince Bernhart zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg(adopted Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein) who lives in Berleburg and was/is married to Countess Katharina von Podewils-Dürnitz.
Thanks for the clarification!
The clause situation is very complicated. I wonder what should happen for it to be annulled.
__________________
"I never did mind about the little things"
Amanda, "Point of No Return"
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-15-2017, 11:19 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 11,082
BB reports that Princess Benedikte and her children are gathered at Berleburg. They are understandably distressed and are now preparing the funeral: Benedikte og børnene samlet på Berleburg | BILLED-BLADET
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-15-2017, 11:23 AM
JR76's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 1,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Vast money and estates which are connected to the title of Fürst.



Gustav wouldn't lose his title of Prince, Carina would be Princess in case of marriage, but would not be considered as Fürst, Head of the family. The money and estates that go with it also, by personal will of his grandfather.



So, Gustav is not forbidden to marry by any means. It is just said that he wouldn't inherit personal wealth of his grandfather if he doesn't marry kind of girl his grandfather wanted.









The clause was that the Heir to Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg estate has to be married to Protestant Aryan noble girl, which excludes Prince Robin and his descendants.



So, the next in line who should inherit would be Prince Bernhart zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg(adopted Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein) who lives in Berleburg and was/is married to Countess Katharina von Podewils-Dürnitz.


Would it really exclude Prince Robin? Although not a very prominent one, his first wife and mother of his heir, Birgitta af Klercker does come from a Swedish noble family.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-15-2017, 12:47 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 42,108
.

It was announced today that the funeral mass will be held next Tuesday, March 21, at 2 pm at the Evangelische Stadtkirche in Bad Berleburg, Germany:



** BB: Prins Richard begraves på tirsdag i Berleburg ** translation **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-15-2017, 12:47 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 8,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Very sad for HRH Princess Benedikte and her family. I suppose poor Richard became increasingly frustrated and perhaps a little bitter over the years due to the weird terms of his fathers Will. I really do hope that Prince Gustav can claim his birthright in a proper manner - legally- sooner rather than later. That is;- that the German courts overturn the relevant parts of the grandfathers Will.
Many Thanks to Muhler and others for information given on Richard and his family.
The new Fürst is not witheld his birthright. He is the successor to his father as the new head of the princely House Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. He is also not barred at all to marry Ms Carina Axelsson. This means that none of his rights are infringed at all.

A Will is an expression of the wish of the deceased owner of the properties involved. Such a Will can come with conditions. For an example: the grandchildren receive a stipendium upon graduating from university. You did not graduate? Too bad for you: no stipendium. You simply did not met the condition for receiving the stipendium.

Prince Gustav's grandfather wanted to ensure that the head of his illustrious House keeps loyal to the standards and traditions of the House, that an alliance must be befitting the prestige and the dignity of the House. Anno 2017 this condition might sound outdated but it is not against any human right. After all no one blocks Prince Gustav to marry. Yes, it can have consequences that Ms Axelsson does not meet the requirement that she must be of equal standing (of noble birth) but it is up to Prince Gustav to make his own choice in this.

Note that requirements are of all times. In most monarchies a successor can not marry without permission of the Sovereign. Until recently a successor to the British throne would loose his rights when marrying a "papist". In the Netherlands Parliament even has to vote on a Bill of Consent when a successor wants to engage in marriage (which goes with an official counsel, a reading in commission and a plenary debate even, mind you... only because A wants to marry B).

So when the dot meets the i, no any right of Prince Gustav is harmed. That is also why they have problems to fight the Will. For the same money Prince Gustav's grandfather could have donated everything to a Foundation for Veterans of the Wehrmacht deployed at the Russian East Front... For so far the very same Will has made it able to the late Prince Richard and now Prince Gustav to have a very, very privileged life in great wealth.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-15-2017, 02:11 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 11,082
In this video from BB, Joachim express his sadness over the death of Prince Richard and his sympathy for Princess Benedikte and her children.
VIDEO: Prins Joachim i sorg over prins Richard | BILLED-BLADET
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-15-2017, 02:19 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 7,402
I'm confused. Wouldn't Princess Benedikte be a member of his family and not the other way around?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-15-2017, 03:01 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 4,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Would it really exclude Prince Robin? Although not a very prominent one, his first wife and mother of his heir, Birgitta af Klercker does come from a Swedish noble family.

It depends on the Will. We don't know if only the heir of Fürst Gustav Albrecht is required to marry a noble, protestant and arian lady or ar also the second heir like it was in the Prussia Case. If it is only his heir then Prince Robin and his descendantsd would not be excluded.
__________________
Stefan



Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-15-2017, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 4,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It depends on the Will. We don't know if only the heir of Fürst Gustav Albrecht is required to marry a noble, protestant and arian lady or ar also the second heir like it was in the Prussia Case. If it is only his heir then Prince Robin and his descendantsd would not be excluded.
Excuse me, but what is an "Aryan lady" exactly ? Was Prince Richard's father a Nazi or something like that ?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-15-2017, 04:10 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Excuse me, but what is an "Aryan lady" exactly ? Was Prince Richard's father a Nazi or something like that ?
Probably means from German/Austrian noble family...
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-15-2017, 04:12 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The new Fürst is not witheld his birthright. He is the successor to his father as the new head of the princely House Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. He is also not barred at all to marry Ms Carina Axelsson. This means that none of his rights are infringed at all.

A Will is an expression of the wish of the deceased owner of the properties involved. Such a Will can come with conditions. For an example: the grandchildren receive a stipendium upon graduating from university. You did not graduate? Too bad for you: no stipendium. You simply did not met the condition for receiving the stipendium.

Prince Gustav's grandfather wanted to ensure that the head of his illustrious House keeps loyal to the standards and traditions of the House, that an alliance must be befitting the prestige and the dignity of the House. Anno 2017 this condition might sound outdated but it is not against any human right. After all no one blocks Prince Gustav to marry. Yes, it can have consequences that Ms Axelsson does not meet the requirement that she must be of equal standing (of noble birth) but it is up to Prince Gustav to make his own choice in this.

Note that requirements are of all times. In most monarchies a successor can not marry without permission of the Sovereign. Until recently a successor to the British throne would loose his rights when marrying a "papist". In the Netherlands Parliament even has to vote on a Bill of Consent when a successor wants to engage in marriage (which goes with an official counsel, a reading in commission and a plenary debate even, mind you... only because A wants to marry B).

So when the dot meets the i, no any right of Prince Gustav is harmed. That is also why they have problems to fight the Will. For the same money Prince Gustav's grandfather could have donated everything to a Foundation for Veterans of the Wehrmacht deployed at the Russian East Front... For so far the very same Will has made it able to the late Prince Richard and now Prince Gustav to have a very, very privileged life in great wealth.
Spot on! :-)
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Benedikte & Prince Richard zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg: 1968 SpiffyBallerina Royal Weddings 21 02-16-2018 06:57 PM
Prince Manuel of Bavaria & Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg 2005 Hannelore Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility 131 04-23-2015 12:04 AM
Princess Filippa zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn & Count Vittorio Mazzetti d'Albertis 2001 Elsa M. Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility 21 06-17-2007 12:29 PM
Erbprinz Heinrich zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn & Countess Priscilla della Rocchetta 2003 Elsa M. Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility 5 04-15-2006 03:09 PM




Popular Tags
baltic republics british royal family british royal history britishroyals camilla chris o'neill crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of york family fashion general news gordon grand duke henri hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta pilar infanta sofia iñaki iñaki urdangarín juan carlos kate middleton king felipe king felipe vi king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander ladies-in-waiting letizia meghan markle member news philippe porphyria portugal prince charles prince daniel prince gabriel prince harry prince harry of wales prince nicholas prince oscar princess elisabeth princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess victoria queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima remarriage royal royal ancestry royal geneology royal wedding sarah duchess of york spain state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family tom bower victoria wedding windsor castle



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises