Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde: Current Events Part 11

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting thread;I'm convinced by this princely team. They are making a good work ( obviously as quiet all princely team of reigning family in Europe, I can't get an opinion on the else because Idon't know nothing about them )

An other sample of a marvellous synergy.

Thank you, Cathérine, for the Translation and for the pics ou posted. I just love Mathilde's boots, very stylish!!

About the interview, this is my favourit part:

Should the members of the royal family be stars of the media?
Most people that are stars have wanted it themselves. That’s not our role. We have to be at the service of society. And it’s for that goal we have to communicate, in the best possible way.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Belga has closed its access for visitors, so we probably won't be seeing a lot/any of pictures from this visit.

NOOO!:mad: :(
Well, thanks for your invaluable help Cathérine!;)

Agh -- darn! I was looking forward to seeing some! Yes, I also appreciate the information, Catherine!

Oh, I hate it when agencies do that! Especially since it's Belga, a major source for our pics of the BRF. Such a pity! :(

Some changes at Belgian court:

Because the grandmarchall Frank De Coninck has accepted a new diplomatic post (Belgian ambassador in the Vatican), various changes will be made.

A lot of people change posts, I'll just sum up what concerns Philippe & Mathilde:

Philippe

One of his advisors, Didier Nagant de Deuxchaisnes is replaced by another person, I don't know who though. He's only worked for Philippe 2 years (usually these functions last about 4 years).

Mathilde

Mathilde's only advisor, Machteld Fostier, has now been working with her for 6,5 years, which is very long for such a post. Before Mme Fostier (46) started as Mathilde's advisor, she was a topdiplomate working for the UN in Geneva, mostly for human rights and disarming. Machteld Fostier will be replaced by Anick Van Calster, who previously was the economic advisor of the palace.

Thank you Catherine. Are there pictures of the two women? I would imagine Mathilde must have had a fruitful relationship with Machteld for them to have worked together for so long. Do you know anything about the personality of Anick?

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Some changes at Belgian court:

Philippe

One of his advisors, Didier Nagant de Deuxchaisnes is replaced by another person, I don't know who though. He's only worked for Philippe 2 years (usually these functions last about 4 years).

Do you think the commentaries on the South Africa mission have anything to do with that?

No, every few years this happens, it was already foreseen before the economic mission, and once again: a large majority of the people participating in the mission were very pleased with it's results - and with the prince. Everything he does is criticized by a Flemish minority who wants to break up Belgium, and Philippe IS Belgium.

Emily said:
Thank you Catherine. Are there pictures of the two women? I would imagine Mathilde must have had a fruitful relationship with Machteld for them to have worked together for so long. Do you know anything about the personality of Anick?

I know very little about either of them. In the documentary on Ph & M there were parts of Mathilde working and having meetings in her office in the palace, where Machteld Fostier was also present. Mathilde always called her "Madame" (or "mevrouw" in Dutch :)), very respectful. But at the same time they must have been friends. Where ever Mathilde goes, Machteld always follows a few steps behind and is present with her at conferences and meetings. I've often seen them discreetly smiling at each other.

Here's a photo of Mrs Fostier

the blond woman in the back:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112182&d=1111172239

The only thing I could find about Anick Van Calster is that she's worked as first secretary at the Belgian embassy in Beirut, and is also involved in human rights.

OK -- I think I know who she is -- a rather petite woman? Thanks, too, for the information on Anick. Do you think Mathilde's interests will be influenced by Anick or that Mathilde's interests and travels will essentially be the same?

...but at least we get to see PM again! Thank you for the pictures, Larzen!

This probably comes a bit late, but I haven't been able to get online at home for a long time. But I just wanted to say thank you for the interview and for all the latest pictures.:)

Here is another picture from the Microfinance Conference. Mathilde is really nice-looking - who would have expected something else.
Source: BELGA/monarchie.be

Somebody knows where the Mathilde Princess will goes in Easter weekend????

Has anyone read the latest issue of point de vue as it says something about the belgian royal family being in "torment " about the future of the royal family or something .Could someone clarify this for me please.thanks

marlene said:
Has anyone read the latest issue of point de vue as it says something about the belgian royal family being in "torment " about the future of the royal family or something .Could someone clarify this for me please.thanks
really? :confused: i thought people liked Astrid, Claire (being a [i don't like using distinctions but "commonor"]commner, marrying a prince. wouldnt it therefor make the royal family relevant to the lives of the belgian people?) and Mathilde.
...would that explain why the whole family went to see the pope with thier nannies and staff to show that there were a united family, thankful for people who help them and supports them(sorry if that doesnt make sense, it's very late + i'm wrtting an essay :rolleyes: )
...sounds intresting, bad, i dunno :confused: if anyone has it could you please post it. thanks :)

flctylu said:
really? :confused: i thought people liked Astrid, Claire (being a [i don't like using distinctions but "commonor"]commner, marrying a prince. wouldnt it therefor make the royal family relevant to the lives of the belgian people?) and Mathilde.
...would that explain why the whole family went to see the pope with thier nannies and staff to show that there were a united family, thankful for people who help them and supports them(sorry if that doesnt make sense, it's very late + i'm wrtting an essay :rolleyes: )
...sounds intresting, bad, i dunno :confused: if anyone has it could you please post it. thanks :)

My guess is that the article is not referring to torment between members of the Belgian Royal Family. It is probably referring to articles posted a couple of weeks ago questioning the ability of Phillippe to be an effective leader. I believe Catherine stated that there are extremist factions within Belgium that raise these issues from time to time. Catherine, please correct me on this or add to it because I know I don't have it completely accurate. The bottom line for me is that, at this point, I ignore statements like those you quote and I take my cues from some of the reliable Belgian posters on this board.

That's right Emily, point de vue made a report (full of mistakes) on questions that were raised about Philippe in certain Flemish media, this happens every few years/months. It's a way of trying to get at Belgium's unity...Because Philippe is often in the spotlights and not much of a media star (but very capable IMO, just read his interviews, listen to his ideas and what he has to say) he's their favorite victim.

the article was not very good, but some very nice photos :) ... that I will post in another thread.

Kindly refrain from asking about the couple's upcoming events. The upcoming events can be found in the thread titled 'Belgian Royal Family Calender.'

If the events have not been translated as yet, and you wish to translate and post them, do so in the appropriate thread (Belgian Royal Family Calender thread) and not here.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom