Princess Caroline Current Events Part 2: October 2010 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is never a private moment as it is part of their function and they are "promoting" it. Remember Diana visiting AIDS patients. Royals are always doing these "charities" in public. But at least they are doing them.

Right. But let's not be so exaltated then, pleeeeease, over these people who, instead of having a real job, visit some children, make a few speeches, visit some elder people, pull the right faces, and all this dressed from head to toe in Chanel.

pruts said:
Right. But let's not be so exaltated then, pleeeeease, over these people who, instead of having a real job, visit some children, make a few speeches, visit some elder people, pull the right faces, and all this dressed from head to toe in Chanel.

You are right it is non sense! But they give hapiness, even if they do not really do smtg precise. The pic of Diana touching a sick child (3 seconds of her life) was more spread around the world than the entire life of Mother Teresa

But what Caroline can do? She was born as a princess. What "real job" can such people do? Working in some enterprise, earning 2000 E a month?

But what Caroline can do? She was born as a princess. What "real job" can such people do? Working in some enterprise, earning 2000 E a month?

She was born a princess of Monaco, which is hardly a real princess in the first place. But besides that, finish a study? Become an university investigator or a professor? Do a real job in third world countries, as a doctor or a nurse? Whatever. Point made I hope: what she does is harmless enough, but to get tears in yours eyes from admiration.....really!

The Grimaldis and the other royal families are far from being ideal families or citizens. Calm down, because I will never buy the story that these events are " touching " or " emotional" for them. It is part of their job, and they do it with the same thrill as we grocery shop, I am sure of it.

You have a reading comprehension problem?s Youy should revise 3 times before answering about what I never said.

To those that said I had no right to get emotional, I disagree, who died and you made you God? You do not dictate my nor any one else's emotions. Fact.

Also, as a former social worker, I know what it's like to work with a variety of human beings in differing situations, from an abused young child to a battered woman to the developmentally disabled to the elderly and on & on & on. Yes, I was paid for it, but that doesn't mean one cannot feel for those that one works with. Empathy is not exclusive.

Now back to the subject at hand, Princess Caroline, and her work as a Princess of Monaco. I admire how splendidly she took up the reigns after her mother passed in 1982, which must've been very hard for such a young woman of 25 yrs. old, whom at the time had no idea she would need to be the First Lady of Monaco for 29 years! Thank goodness Albert finally married, and now Princess Charlene has taken over the role equally splendidly as well. :flowers:

On a final note, I agree with what Princess Caroline said many years ago, about how despite criticism, royals/serene highnesses sometimes do more than the common average folk. How true.

You have a reading comprehension problem?s Youy should revise 3 times before answering about what I never said.

You have problems ( which I ignore the origin) since you neglect what you yourself wrote. Or should I write you in Spanish, maybe it would be better ?

She was born a princess of Monaco, which is hardly a real princess in the first place. But besides that, finish a study? Become an university investigator or a professor? Do a real job in third world countries, as a doctor or a nurse? Whatever. Point made I hope: what she does is harmless enough, but to get tears in yours eyes from admiration.....really!

It's great that she visits those people, and she seems genuinely happy to bring some happiness to them, what i loathe are photographers around.
As in everything, one needs balance.
I am happy to see Caro doing her duties as a Princess but certainly it doesn't move me to tears.

Please stay respectful towards each other, there is no need to argue about that!

As this is a current events thread for Princess Caroline, the more general theme of royals, the
performance of their duties and the reasonableness of maintaining such a societal model could
be discussed in the General Royal Discussion subforum instead!

There is a difference in Monaco. The Grimaldis actually know the people they visit. And yes this event was publisized but there may be many others that are not. I think the Monegasques, especially the older ones ,enjoy that they take the time to visit them. It's not like they are running for re-election.The family also does a very good job of taking care of their citizens. No homeless, no starving, universal health care, an excellent education system, no personal income tax. The US is no where close to that.

I 've always thought that if I won the lottery ( but at least 10 million euros ) I would move to Monaco in a heartbeat !!!!!

Do you really think Mr. Monti and Mrs. Fornero would allow you to bring so much money abroad? LOL!
I just saw some pictures of Stephanie visiting the elderly. Whether theirs is a real job or not, it seems that both sisters at least try hard to appear involved with the ailing , the elderly and the disabled. They seem to be more genuinely interested in those people than their mother even did. I'm not meaning that Grace didn't care of the suffering ones, but she looked so distant with always being so picture perfect.

New Years greetings to all!

While Princess Caoline is at all times entitled to her privacy - and I support that-
Does anyone have an idea where she is or what superb activities she is involved in at the moment? Nary a word in 2 weeks...last year they sped off to Rio...

:previous:

As soon as we'll find something out, it'll be posted here for sure :flowers: Happy New Year! :goodluck:

Happy new year to P. Caroline and her family and, obviously to you all, fellow members of thr TRF...

:newyear1: :newyear1::newyear1:

:newyear:Happy New Year, to you too, Lazuli and all the members of the Royal Forums:flowers:

Princess Caroline as guest of honour together with Princess Jahan Ara attended a fund raising
event at the Claridges Hotel in New Delhi, India on January 11, 2012. The event was organized
by the Princess Fay Jahan Ara of RACH foundation along with Fashion designer Manish Malhotra
and was hosted by MP and former cricketer Mohammad Azharuddin.

Great to see her in India! And she wore a dress we've seen on her before!

** Pic **

Gorgeous pic, thanks iceflower! :flowers:

I wonder what the fundraiser was about? Children? Or some other good charitable cause?

What I first noted was that Princess Caroline has done her hair different!?! Shock, as she usually wears it shoulder-length, straight, but in the pic it looks a bit different, fuller, styled, sophisticated & elegant. Jmho.

Always amazed how members on this forum know who wore what and when and where. Lol, I can't even recall what I wore last week. :D

Gorgeous pic, thanks iceflower! :flowers:

I wonder what the fundraiser was about? Children? Or some other good charitable cause?

You are most welcome! :flowers: The RACH charity foundation is dedicated to improving the quality of life of
underpriviliged children and families, the humanitarian work is mainly focussed on India. They also organize
charity events in Europe, when you browse through the galleries you'll also find pics of previous events including
a pic with Albert and Charlene:

** rachfoundation.org: Helping people in need to help themselves **

So a similar foundation like Caroline's own one.

I guess so but we didn't get to see any pics of them together.
So I'm wondering if they travelled separately?!

I guess so but we didn't get to see any pics of them together.
So I'm wondering if they travelled separately?!

Possibly, Smush. I'm not sure how large Burkina Faso is. ? They may also have been some distance from each other. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom