Princess Caroline Current Events Part 1: April 2008 - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree, debrann - she has become an important force in AMADE and other charities and events her mother, Princess Grace, started and/or supported. I look forward to many years of continued support for those events.

I think that our dear Princess is lately shinning in her public appearances. This time, in San Sebastian, she looked so kind, smiling, sweet. Absolutely elegant, both in her costumes and her behaviour.

Regarding her hair, pulled back, she maybe chose that coiffure due to the windy weather.

Hey! Thanks for the pic! It's kinda blurry but like that is like more private or something. :flowers:

The Monaco Media Forum takes place from November 11-13,
it would be great to see more, thanks for posting your finding,
Florencia!

Yesterday's event with the King and Queen of Spain has been
so nice, a very elegant and royal attendance. I think that's
something we miss, Princess Caroline among other royals..

Nice pics Iceflower!:flowers:
I agree that Caroline looks very elegant and regal in these pics. Regal behavior! A few royal princesses should learn from her!;)
Daylife
Daylife

:fireworks:
Princess Caroline is such a REGAL Princess and she shows this in her photos and the video clips of her visit to Spain, she actually reminds me of her mother Princess Grace on how Grace presented herself in public, but with the 'Caroline penache'. Over the last couple months, I feel that there is a sereness about P Caroline and it becomes more evident with every new photo we see of her. I take my hat off to her and thank her for the pleasure she gives as Her Serene Highness, Princess Caroline of Monaco:flowers:

I thought it was just me, but in some of the Spanish photos Caroline's resemblance to her late mother is uncanny. She is literally an older, brunette Princess Grace.

Especially when she smiles...

Nice pics Iceflower!:flowers:
I agree that Caroline looks very elegant and regal in these pics. Regal behavior! A few royal princesses should learn from her!;)
Daylife
Daylife

Giov, thank you very much for the gorgeous photos!
Princess Caroline is stylish, the coat seems to be from Max&Mara!:previous:

I think that our dear Princess is lately shinning in her public appearances. This time, in San Sebastian, she looked so kind, smiling, sweet. Absolutely elegant, both in her costumes and her behaviour.

Regarding her hair, pulled back, she maybe chose that coiffure due to the windy weather.

Interesting observation, about her hair. I remember reading that one characteristic she and Princess Diana shared was that they both hated hairspray and never used it. Princess Caroline never hesitates to be photographed with hair flying all over her face, all you can see, practically, is her big smile. We also know that she doesn't like wigs, unlike for example Jackie Kennedy.
One remedy against the wind is a hat. There is a charming photograph of Caroline and her mother, (1974), dressed to the nines, outside by the palace, both walking together and holding on to their hats for dear life, and of course laughing about it. Imagine, a photo-op and 2 princesses having to run after their hats flying away. (Although in those days, I am not sure it would ever have been published, at least not Princess Grace.)

Princess Grace also solved the problem by pulling her hair back (not very becoming as she got older, emphasizing tired and sometimes bloated features ), and wearing turbans, which saved the trouble of a hairdo and stayed tight around the face on a windy day. I think it is that pulled back hair style that makes us think of Princess Grace.

Queen Sofia, as she is famous for, along with other sovereigns, is faithful to one hairstyle, very becoming, but which probably needs tons of hairspray to keep its shape. Different generations, same queenly attitude and elegance.
So as far as hair goes, that's the long and the short of it.

Caroline looks great in any hairstyle.

When she spoke at the United Nations some years ago, she had short hair, and she looked business-like, but still attractive.

Unlike her sister, she (nearly always) bears herself with dignity and elegance, something she inherited from her mother's side.

Caroline looks great in any hairstyle.

When she spoke at the United Nations some years ago, she had short hair, and she looked business-like, but still attractive.

Unlike her sister, she (nearly always) bears herself with dignity and elegance, something she inherited from her mother's side.

Huh ???? :bang:

Look, people are different. This is not a question of dignity and elegance. Both are elegant and dignified in different ways.

Oh dear:ermm:. I would agree completely with the comment about Princess Caroline but was the swipe at Princess Stephanie really necessary to make it? They are two very different people with different styles, different personalities, a fair age difference between them and the usual differences between eldest children and youngest children. Princess Caroline is great enough on her own merits, Stephanie does not have to be insulted to make her 'look good'. Myself, I think Stephanie has shown dignity and elegance when she's wished to, but such attributes are more in keeping with Caroline's style and with her position, for that matter, of being Hereditary Princess. So, I agree, Caroline is a great lady, I love Stephanie too but for those who don't there is something to that old bit of wisdom that, "if you can't say anything nice......" :whistling:
:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Jeudi 12 novembre dernier, lors du dîner officiel du Monaco Media Forum, son Altesse Royale la Princesse de Hanovre a remis le 3e Prix Spécial du MMF (pièce unique réalisé par le Maître-Verrier de Biot, Jean-Claude Novaro) au fondateur de Wikipedia, Jimmy Wales, dans la Salle Empire de l'Hôtel de Paris à Monaco.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2u4n774.jpg

It strikes me Princess Caroline didn't attend any events regarding the 20th Anniversary of Children's Rights in Sweden...probably they were held the same day as National Day.

I think it is just pulled back in a style

She is looking gorgeous and regal. She looks so...royal!

She is beautiful, as always. But with this hairdo she looks older and tired!

Thanks for the pictures iceflower! :flowers: It never ceases to amaze me how beautiful and regal Caroline manages to look in the most mundane (not the exact word I'm looking for but it will do) of circumstances. Although perhaps, and no offense intended to the nurses, it isn't that hard to look regal when everyone around you is dressed in nurses' clothes.

In relation to her hairstyle, I think it's a relatively well known fact that pulled back hairstyles tend to age even the best of us but I think Caroline has struck a balance by wearing her hair slightly looser. Though, in terms of personal preference, I still think Caroline looks better when she wears her hair down!

Such an honor for the nurses - Princess Caroline looks wonderful, too

In relation to her hairstyle, I think it's a relatively well known fact that pulled back hairstyles tend to age even the best of us but I think Caroline has struck a balance by wearing her hair slightly looser. Though, in terms of personal preference, I still think Caroline looks better when she wears her hair down!

I agree that Princess Caroline looks better with her hair down. Did she get it cut again? In the photo with her sideways her hair looks cut, but the Princess still looks good.

Am I mistaken or has the Princess lose some weight from the first of the years? She looks thinner to me, but she has a good figure. :);):)

I like Princess Caroline's hair pulled back, I think it shows off her face and makes her look younger!

According to an article in NY Magazine, Caroline is going to be in Lamu for New Year's.

Morgan Freeman has rented out Lemarti’s Camp—run by German socialite Anna Trzebinski and her Samburu husband, Lemarti Loyaban—for New Year’s Eve, and Ralph and Ricky Lauren are visiting Princess Caroline of Monaco, who has a home on Lamu.

Well, the Lamu home belongs to Ernst, so it sounds as if they'll be together as a family for the New Year....that's good

We do not really know whether she'll be on Lamu or not, so
let's wait if we get any pics or other information before being
too sure..

On December 16, Princess Caroline visited the Résidence du
Cap Fleuri, a retirement home in Monaco with 150 residents.
Caroline handed out Christmas presents to each resident, an
event organized by the Red Cross Monaco.

-------> Pic

Oh dear:ermm:. I would agree completely with the comment about Princess Caroline but was the swipe at Princess Stephanie really necessary to make it? They are two very different people with different styles, different personalities, a fair age difference between them and the usual differences between eldest children and youngest children. Princess Caroline is great enough on her own merits, Stephanie does not have to be insulted to make her 'look good'. Myself, I think Stephanie has shown dignity and elegance when she's wished to, but such attributes are more in keeping with Caroline's style and with her position, for that matter, of being Hereditary Princess. So, I agree, Caroline is a great lady, I love Stephanie too but for those who don't there is something to that old bit of wisdom that, "if you can't say anything nice......" :whistling:
:monacostandard: :monacoflag:
I think there was a "distinction" between the two princesses being made.But you have explained everything so beautifully for us that no doubt exists in anybody's mind as to whatever alludes to Steph should not be at Caro's expense and especially vice versa. Caro always looks fab & carries out her royal duties with aplomb,grace and a certain dignity that is especially hers..
Many kind thanks, Bones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom