The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Thanks a lot for the additional pics, rerehh!

Here's an additional pic of Prince Albert and Charlotte Casiraghi at the anniversary of
the Maritime Police in Monaco yesterday, September 7:

Pic - September 7

Old 09-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
She looks weird in uniform. Why is she wearing it?
She's wearing the uniform because she is the godmother of the Sûrete Publique, Police of Monaco

Old 09-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

^Thanks
Guys, i'm sorry, i know i've said this before, but i don't know what the hell is going on with tinypic and me,i can see pictures uploaded there!
And i looked up in Hola and couldn't find anything, so i can't see the pics rerehh posted gently :(
Old 09-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerehh View Post
Cute Alexandra with Charlenne

http://i51.tinypic.com/9k9m46.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/auaw6d.jpg

Source: Hola
What a cutie. She looks like her sister.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I think it was a one-liner - sorry I can't find it at the moment.
But I don't think he's downplaying CW's role - probably more on the lines of achieving more freedom and autonomy for both of them.
I think what he said, some years ago, was a throw away comment that his wife would not necessarilyhave to perform the more traditional roles of a Princess. I took it to mean that she would not have to limit herself to charity galas and handing out prizes but could venture into other areas if she chose to. I don't think Charlene was a fixture in his life at that time and of course his sisters were already filling most of the roles usually associated with a Consort. I dont believe his comments had anything to do with marital fidelity or open marriages.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I saw the Hola pics in other forums. My God, Alexandra has inherited all her mother's charisma! She is the cutest kid ever! So pretty
Old 09-09-2010, 02:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
Yes... and they look lovely together, especially the ladies!!!
As for Melanie, she could use some fashion and some style lessons with her cousin Charlotte...

Yes, it's very nice to see one of the Casi siblings assuming official responsabilities in the monegasque public life. Despite of P.Albert's future marrige i still think that the Casiraghi's will have a decisive role in the principality's future.
I agree. Especially, if PA and Charlene have children, and even if PA lives to be his father's age, they'll still be fairly young and the Casiraghi kids have been "training" too long for their roles in Monaco. Their future roles will just be "different" from what we all originally expected before the announcement of the engagement.
As for Melanie getting fashion advice from Charlotte-YES, most definitely. It would be nice to see.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
So glad to see that, unlike her father, Alexandra has an affectionate nature and is a cheerful girl: she must have taken after Stephanie.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
So glad to see that, unlike her father, Alexandra has an affectionate nature and is a cheerful girl: she must have taken after Stephanie.
She must have taken after her parents, brothers and sister, who are very caring with her.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Serene Highness

Rerehh- From where are those pictures you posted through tinypics with Charlene and Alexxandra hugging each other? They must be old, right?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Rerehh- From where are those pictures you posted through tinypics with Charlene and Alexxandra hugging each other? They must be old, right?
This pics are news, of this week.
The pics are of the mag "Hola", in print format (not internet)
Old 09-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerehh View Post
This pics are news, of this week.
The pics are of the mag "Hola", in print format (not internet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Aren't they from the picnic thing at the Princess Antoinette Park? On like the 7th of this month?
Old 09-10-2010, 03:50 AM
Administrator

Yes, the additional pics, rerehh kindly shared with us, are from the traditional
picnic that has taken place on Friday, September 3, 2010!

(September 7 is the date belga has added one of these pics to their gallery)
Old 09-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you rerehh, Thtregoddess and iceflower!

Charlene looks lovely!
Old 09-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Majesty

I love seeing the Casiraghi children assist Albert with his official duties!

I think they can and will contribute much to restoring some of the razzle-dazzle to the Principality.

This is not taking anything away from CW btw..I am sure she will be wonderful..but Caroline's dazzling children are in a league of their own.

Princess Caroline is looking wonderful, and Alexandra is really growing up!
Old 09-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I love seeing the Casiraghi children assist Albert with his official duties!

I think they can and will contribute much to restoring some of the razzle-dazzle to the Principality.

This is not taking anything away from CW btw..I am sure she will be wonderful..but Caroline's dazzling children are in a league of their own.

Princess Caroline is looking wonderful, and Alexandra is really growing up!
I think Ms Wittstock will have to work very hard to prove herself useful to the principality, it's not her fault, but, nevertheless... As to the Casiraghi's, they've been prepared all their lives to assume official duties and functions ( although none in the Princely Family admits it ) and, sooner or later, they will do it... It's their natural future!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I think Ms Wittstock will have to work very hard to prove herself useful to the principality, it's not her fault, but, nevertheless... As to the Casiraghi's, they've been prepared all their lives to assume official duties and functions ( although none in the Princely Family admits it ) and, sooner or later, they will do it... It's their natural future!
Grace Kelly had to overcome the "stigma" of being an "actress". She was beyond successful in transforming herself into a wonderful Princess. I agree that Charlene has her work cut out for her.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Not sure what their future will be or what they will make of their lives. Should Albert & Charlene have children the Casiraghis will over time fade into the background and play only a limited role in the official life of the principality. They will probably be limited to events such as the Rose & Red Cross Balls and National Day events. It was the same with Antoinette and her children, and the siblings,nieces and nephews of Europes other monarchs. Naturally the monarch, the consort and their children always take center stage. My guess would be the Casiraghis wouldn`t mind at all being able the live a more private life pursuing their own interests.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:55 AM
Majesty

Despite Princess Caroline's insistance that her children were not raised as royals, the fact is that they had an upbringing that was "princely" in all but name.

It is obvious by the way they comport themselves at official functions that somebody very high up showed them the ropes...they appear poised and self assured at all times. It's as if they see Monaco as the family business and understand the need to contribute and do their part, while at the same time leading their individual lives.

They are a great asset to PA and to Monaco.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Despite Princess Caroline's insistance that her children were not raised as royals, the fact is that they had an upbringing that was "princely" in all but name.

It is obvious by the way they comport themselves at official functions that somebody high up showed them the ropes..they appear perfectly poised and confident always.
Exactly...and growing up attending the official events (National day, etc) probably helped...which makes me wonder what would happen if Steph's kids started attending events like National day what would happen, how would it affect the situation at hand having them around?

Closed Thread