Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 28 (Sep. 2009 - August 2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The photos are perfect!:previous:
PA looks like James Bond, wearing in black suit,..oh, he is still a handsome man.:flowers:

Glistening Seas

:D Yes PA does look like James Bond-ish! he looks terrific in the outfit! it seems PA has lost a few kilos too!

Pics 6.11.2009

Prince Albert II of Monaco honorated with a Honoris Causa Doctorate
at the University of Nice, south eastern France, on Nov 6th 2009.

I guess the students would be excited if he really had a lectureship
and not only the honorary doctorate on paper ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Congratulations to Prince Albert! I guess you are right iceflower, let's hope he doesn't have this on doctorate on paper only but he had lectureship :)

Glistening Seas

:hellokitty: Could someone explain a little bit more about the --Honoris Causa Doctorate & what it means & how one goes about getting such an honor!
For those of us whom are not familiar with this type of thing it would be beneficial to know:advent:

:previous: According to Wikipedia:
"An honorary degree or a degree honoris causa (Latin: 'for the sake of the honour') is an academic degree for which a university (or other degree-awarding institution) has waived the usual requirements (such as matriculation, residence, study and the passing of examinations). The degree itself is typically a doctorate or, less commonly, a master's degree, and may be awarded to someone who has no prior connection with the institution in question.
Usually the degree is conferred as a way of honoring a distinguished visitor's contributions to a specific field, or to society in general. The university often derives benefits by association with the person in question."

Honorary degree - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow! How did he do to get two Honoris Causa? He must be pretty intelligent. Congrats again!

Glistening Seas

:hellokitty: PA does seem to be on an award streak it seems. It appears he's very good a whatever he puts his task to do bravo congratulations:candycane:

I'm confused. I read somewhere that the disgruntled ex employee has already filed a law suit against Prince Albert. What on earth is going on?

Wow! How did he do to get two Honoris Causa? He must be pretty intelligent. Congrats again!

He also got the Honorary Doctorate in philosophy from the Pontifical
University of Maynooth in Ireland in 1996 and since 2000 he's named
Honorary Professor of International Studies of the "Tarrant County
Collège", Fort Worth, Texas.

As much as I like Albert and believe in his intelligence, I have to say
that you don't have to be extremely intelligent to get a honoris causa,
you did not have to study the subject, it's simply an appreciation of
performance in a certain issue-area. That's also what the wikipedia
entry said you've posted, Nathalie Cox.

Lighthouse, if one accuses somebody, the other party of course has
the right to file a suit against those allegations as well.

Lighthouse, if one accuses somebody, the other party of course has
the right to file a suit against those allegations as well.

Oh, I thought that in legal matters like this you actually have to wait out the original lawsuit before counter suing for all the troubles it caused. This all seems to be happening at once so I guess that is not the case. It's probably different in different countries.
Back to the law books for me :whistling:

Glistening Seas

:books: Wow we never heard of the awards he got in 1990's-2000's. :champagne: So is it safe to 'assume' that if PA wasn't a Prince he'd be a history professor at some University hmm, how 'interestin' hee! Oh that lawsuit comes off like he's really being misrepresented and the video what a 'total' yawn penthouse probably prints more risque things than that. Not going to be on 'my' list for interesting things to read :harvest:

Pics 5.11.2009

Oh, I thought that in legal matters like this you actually have to wait out the original lawsuit before counter suing for all the troubles it caused. This all seems to be happening at once so I guess that is not the case. It's probably different in different countries.
Back to the law books for me :whistling:

I also think that it differs from country to country, law is a nebulous field ;)

Prince Albert II of Monaco opens the 2009 Anna Lindh Foundation
Journalism Award Monte Carlo, Monaco - 05.11.09

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

The Anna Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Foundation for the Dialogue between Cultures -
Welcome to our Website... | Anna Lindh Foundation
also: http://www.annalindhsminnesfond.se/in_english/template.asp?contentID=2 Memorial Fund
another cause close to PA's heart - a closer cooperation between the coastal countries around the Mediterranean.

The award is named after Ylva Anna Maria Lindh, a Swedish politician and Foreign Minister who was assassinated in 2003 by a Serbian man with mental health problems; tens of thousands grieved openly for her; the case is reminiscent of the murder of Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme some years earlier.

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]
Prince Albert is suing Eringer. Fox News I hope Prince Albert wins.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I hope that this lawsuit is never filed. Albert needs to hire another lawyer to handle this dispute, one who does not have a conflict of interest and can actually look at Eringer’s lawsuit with a level head (LaCoste is implicated in several items in Eringer’s lawsuit). Eringer’s lawsuit is a breach of contract for three months of payment (originally 40,000 euros) plus punitive damages for the court to decide (although in Exhibit K, page 163, in April 18, 2008 letter his lawyer had requested an additional 320,000 euros as a severance package). The VERACITY of each of Eringer's claimed 100-plus items of works has little bearings on this breach of contract. However, a counter-lawsuit will change all of this and open up each of Eringer’s claims for scrutiny (evaluation and investigation for truth). Thus, I find the following statements from Lacoste very ill-advised. Prince Albert's lawyer Thierry Lacoste confirmed to AFP that he was in the process of launching a lawsuit against Eringer in Los Angeles, on several counts including defamation….”Mr Eringer's accusations are baseless. There is not a single element of proof. This is just a load of hot air - said Lacoste.”Such words only make people dig in deeper and Eringer has already stated in the Times article, “I look forward to testifying about the veracity of each element of my complaint under oath in a court,” he said from his home in Santa Barbara, California. “And I look forward to Prince Albert doing the same, under pain of perjury.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
In the U.S., a defamation lawsuit allows both parties to depose each other (unlike in Monaco where it is illegal to even state any negative information about the Princely family). If you actually read the lawsuit, you may question Lacoste’s above statement. The tabloids are reporting snippets from the lawsuit about Albert’s personal life, but such references represent a very SMALL percentage of the items of work that Eringer claims he performed. The personal items are distracting from Albert’s original intent of seeking an intelligent adviser
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]to assist him in rooting out corruption, money laundering and organized crime in Monaco. Most of the work items are in reference to this goal and also a lot of meetings and working relationships about diplomatic and intelligence issues for Monaco (which he provides some evidence of actual meetings). [/FONT][FONT=&quot]After reading the 165-page document and realizing that Eringer’s involvement in many of his actions can easily be verified, I am more inclined to believe that Eringer exaggerates or mis-represents some of his achievements or involvement in certain transactions than to categorically dismiss his entire list of work performed as make-believe. As an supposedly intelligence officer, this man shows no loyalty to his client and no integrity, so do not be surprised if he actually taped or well-documented conversations and other transactions (and he has provided some evidence of this in the Exhibits).

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]For example, in Exhibit A (page 37) he provides copies of 17 different account statement issued by Albert's Administration des Biens for payments totaling 1,340,000 euros (from Aug 2003 – October 2007) made by Albert to Eringer. If this is make-believe than Eringer needs to be in a loony bin because this information can easily be verified. Also, if the invoices are real, it weakens Albert’s lawyer, Stanely Arkin following claim: The prince, he said, “has told us that this is baloney ... the fact that he [Eringer] received money from [Albert] from time to time — so what?” So what? A court may find it a big deal. If Albert just gives people this amount of money for doing nothing, then point me in the direction of the palace.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]In Eringer’s claims about work performed concerning Albert’s daughter in paragraphs 25 (he states he possess documents for proof), 35 (I believe this is the most damaging accusation in the entire lawsuit), 80 (there are photo proof in the tabloids of such a visit), 82, and 89. He provides easily verifiable information for the item in paragraph 89, which begins: In early March 2006. Thiery Lacoste and Eringer received an extraordinary e-mail from one Gavin de Becker, a Los Angeles-based security consultant De Becker had written on behalf of HSH's illegitimate daughter, in response to HSH's new settlement condition of not wanting to recognize Jazmin as his daughter until her 18th birthday. In a fourteen-page letter,…. Actually, the core mission of the letter was already revealed in May 2006 by the respected French news magazine Le Figaro, which first broke the story (beyond the tabloid photo spread) with confidential negotiation details. Here’s a list of three articles written on 2006 May 30, May 31st & June1 by Le Figaro (who broke the Jazmin story with detailed information). The May 30th article (you have to actually paste the text in Google translation ), since a translated the link does not seem to work) describes some of the same things that are mentioned in the 14-page March 3, 2006 letter that Eringer has attached in his lawsuit. So, I am not inclined to categorically dismiss the letter as make-believe as some of you. By the way, the two Le Figaro reporters wrote a book about the Jazmin story including many of the same details in the letter. Please read the letter before you categorically dismiss the information, you may be surprised that some of the information can be verified in the Jazmin thread in this forum and the letter even mentions monitoring information about Jazmin over the Internet (Exhibit G, page 91). After reviewing what happened after the acknowledgment, you won’t find such following statements from de Becker (as a sample of de Becker's comment about Jazmin indecision about whether she will refrain from the public after an acknowledgment) as made-up by Eringer: “But have you had the space to wonder how she might enrich your life'? To see her as member of your family who is elegant and capable? Have you had the space to consider her as an ally in your public works? …Imagine Jazmin, whom you will learn is poised and intelligent and kind - imagine her one day speaking publicly on behalf of your interests. Imagine her, poised and graceful, hosting an event for you, sharing some of your public responsibilities.”

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]As for the allegedly sex tapes, below is Eringer’s one notation about the tape and two subsequent notes about the allegedly video possessor. You can decide if you believe Eringer’s claim or what has to be done in a court of law to verify such claims.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]27. Eringer notified HSH that one of his so-called friends, an American named Stephen [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Salzman, possessed a videotape he had made at HSH's 40[/FONT][FONT=&quot]th [/FONT][FONT=&quot]birthday party inside a Paris strip [/FONT][FONT=&quot]club in which a young woman is seen performing a sex act upon HSH. Salzman had allegedly taken to showing this videotape at select parties around Monaco, with the following introduction: “This is what I have on your Prince."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]37. Operation Hound [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dog [/FONT][FONT=&quot]led to Paris where, with HSH's specific authorization, his friend Stephen Salzman and HSH's own lawyer, Thierry Lacoste, were engaged by Eringer's operative. Eringer later counseled HSH that Salzman had postured himself as the man who held the keys to Monaco with an expectation to run Monaco, from behind the scenes, with Thierry Lacoste. (Eringer possesses documents on this matter.)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]134. Eringer wrote in his journal about HSH: "No leadership skills, out of his depth, refuses to take charge." Eringer was not the only one [/FONT][FONT=&quot]to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]think such things. Others close to HSH were equally concerned. And Monegasques on the street were already saying that HSH was not in [/FONT][FONT=&quot]control of his country: that Monaco was being run by bad guys. For example, Stephen Salzman was said to have used influence with HSH to secure a property development deal for the British Candy brothers, Nick and Christian, from whom he allegedly received an apartment valued at [/FONT][FONT=&quot]about three million Euros.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Although I find Eringer’s behavior despicable and unbecoming of anyone who calls themselves an intelligence officer, I believe that Albert should really just settle the original lawsuit and hopefully learn a lesson. I repeat, I think that Albert is a truly good-nature and intelligent person, but I just don't understand these excuses or categorically dismissal of anything negative about him, especially based on his history. Eringer’s presence in Albert’s life only reinforces my belief that Albert is a poor judge of people true nature and character. Before becoming an intelligence officer in the U.S., the security clearance may take any where from two months to a year and the investigation addresses “comprehensively one's loyalty to the United States, strength of character, trustworthiness, honesty, reliability, discretion, and soundness of judgment.” After a couple of weeks from meeting Eringer, Albert trusted this man with very sensitive information. Big mistake!
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Today PA is travelling to the African state of Senegal for two days. It's his first visit to the country.

He will be welcomed by Senegal's Prime Minister Souleymane Ndéné Ndiaye.
He is accompanied by a delegation of Monaco's Chamber of Economic Development.

On the menu is bilateral cooperation in humanitarian projects, and of the fight against genetic illnesses.

PA will also meet members of the Monegasque community in Senegal.

Monaco.maville.com Le prince Albert en visite aujourd'hui au Sénégal

and the comment about PA being a history professor was a good natured reference to an article interview PA put out a few years ago in a New York interview featured on this site where PA said that if he wouldn't have been born to be a ruler that he would probably be a history professor somewhere's. you see??
Thats a new one on me I read his interview about what he would have done was work with children.

Glistening Seas

:harvest: Hmm where the interview was i didn't save it. i wished i had. But he did say it but it was a few years ago. Which is why after these years have passed when i saw the awards he was getting it so amazingly struck me as a huge co-incidence because PA really is a very versitile individual.

his education has made him more than well-prepared to tackle a wide range of activities in any field and he probably wouldn't even find it difficult to accomplish what he would tackle. He has a great education for it very well-rounded individual even in his interests.

For example his background where PA & Ranier brought them up to a wide range of artists and PA even in the music dept enjoys all kinds of music from the trendy to the classical.

And, PA can honestly say he finds true enjoyment of it. that's a well-rounded individual in his culture and taste. :candycane:

post 143
Dear myadia,
I have two questions.
1After reading your comprehensive commentary on the situation in Monaco I was wondering if you were in any way shape or form the advocate for HSH Prince Albert?
2 Secondly, I was also wondering if it might ever have occurred to you that by posting at such epic lengths that you take the "power" out of most to want to respond in kind?
kindest regards

Thanks myadia for great work of summarizing the whole lawsuit: Eringer v. PA. I read that long, more than 100 pages document, because this lawsuit although shocking is fascinating. I have no clue about Monaco politics but still reading this document was interesting, especially parts about Jazmin, something I have more knowledge since I read this forum.
Myadia put all that nicely together.
I also think that those documents attached to lawsuit are real, especially letter concerning Albert's daughter. I agree Lefigaro mentioned about some crazy e-mails from Jazmin's agent or something.
I wish this lawsuit never took place. It is like a nightmare.:sad: I like Grimaldis and I think Albert is a decent person, but he might make bad choices about his advisers or friends.
What the relief to read something like Albert's trip to Morocco. BTW, I think Albert should change the suit, this one he seemed to wear too many times or it is just me?;)

Can anyone translate or summarize ? Google translator does not make any sense, I don't understand anything.:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks myadia for great work of summarizing the whole lawsuit: Eringer v. PA...
You are welcome.
I also think that those documents attached to lawsuit are real, especially letter concerning Albert's daughter. I agree Lefigaro mentioned about some crazy e-mails from Jazmin's agent or something.
I wish this lawsuit never took place. It is like a nightmare.:sad: I like Grimaldis and I think Albert is a decent person, but he might make bad choices about his advisers or friends.
I also think that a lot of the attached documents are real and my perspective of this lawsuit changed once I actually read it. But, acknowledging the veracity of some of Eringer's claim does not mean I support his tactics. Actually, I wish Albert had the courage to file the appropriate counter suit against Eringer – an extortion claim. This really is mostly an extortion case by blackmail and not slander or libel. I haven’t seen any actually work cited for the last three months of that he is claiming for work owed. If you actually read Ringer's lawsuit, you will realize that most of the salacious personal things that he has included does not pertain to any actually work performed. The note about the sex tape in paragraph #27 is not listed in reference to any work performed. I highly doubt that Eringer’s notification to Albert was Albert’s first time hearing about this tape that was supposedly taped years ago (especially if the man was bragging about it and showing it in Monaco). The most damaging allegation listed in paragraph 35 was suspiciously thrown in during a notation of another unrelated work performance. Again, it actually served no purpose in describing any particular work performed. Stating the actual names of the people that Eringer investigated, especially those that were Albert's friends or long-time residents of Monaco, served no purpose in supporting his breach of contract suit. The only purpose it serves is to embarrass Albert and to force him to pay up or more will be released (Eringer states, "The recitation of facts below is not an exhaustive list of investigations and services provided by Eringer to HSH").

In California, Blackmail is extortion by threatening an organization or person's reputation with the disclosure of harmful or secret information that would be damaging to that entity if released (the information to be released may be true or false). Eringer’s observed several people, both men and women, extort Albert and get handsomely rewarded, so I guess Eringer feels he can jump on the gravy train also.

It takes courage to stand up to an extortionist, especially when the harmful information is true. One of the most famous American extortionist case involving paternity was with Bill Cosby. A supposedly illegitimate daughter attempted to extort him for a couple of million dollars. The Cosby Show was still playing and Bill was very much revered personally as a family man - a model father and husband. It took courage to face the public and admit that he might be the girl’s father and that he cheated on his wife (ultimately the girl refused the blood test), but he was not going to be extorted by her. Recently, David Letterman stood up to his extortionist and admitted that he had affairs and cheated on his girlfriend/wife. But, it seems that Albert and his attorney have decided to go the Saint Albert route and claim ignorance on everything that Eringer claims. To succeed in an extortion suit you have to be credible and the route that Albert and his attorneys are taking belies credibility. In the long run, Monaco will benefit and Albert will be a more effective leader if he takes the public licking in the short term and stand up to any extortionist attempts. He seems to give in to extortionist, but eventually the information is still revealed and he looks even weaker.

Lakhshmi - see post #144:

I wrote a short summary based on the Nice-Matin article.

As far as I know, TRF rules state that only a small proportion of any article can be translated and posted here.

I've just re-read my summary, and every point of the (very short) article has been covered.

Perhaps an admin or mod can tell us whether my summary was within the limits?

We already know Albert's sewn his seeds but do we really want video evidence? :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom