Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a photo of princess charlène and prince Albert at Durban and a text on a south africa newspaper
COP17

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene attended the Climate Action Networking Reception which payed
tribute to Professor Wangari Maathai, Nobel Peace Laureate and founder of the Billion Tree Campaign
held at the Moses Mahbida Stadium on December 7, 2011 in Durban, South Africa.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** reuters/getty/daylife **

we saw also the couple very relaxed in Monaco, but many times, they use to attend to events with protocol, here Charlene uses to be relaxed in South Africa, we saw the same photos of her in February when she was in Durban for the swimming at Milemare. The children and people here are natural, spontaneous and it is contageous to the prince and princesse Charlene.

That's exactly what I mean. Protocol.
Why does it always have to be so strict and cold?!?!
Remember when President Jelzin visited President Clinton and they both laughed till they cried (due to Jelzin being a bit drunk)?!
That's what everybody remembers and most of us like to see.
Relaxed and happy people doing their job!
Just like Charlene and Albert did in South Africa. They should think about lightening up the protocol :cool::D

What I like about the Princess, is she seems very minimalist. She has access to priceless gems/jewels but she doesn't flaunt them in peoples' faces all the time!

Albert seems very happy with his choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I like about the Princess, is she seems very minimalist. She has access to priceless gems/jewels but she doesn't flaunt them in peoples' faces all the time!

Albert seems very happy with his choice.

This si not minimalism, this is not having common sense. I´m not talking about jewels of course, which she cannot buy by herself, but about her clothes. She does have access to the best designer and most expensive clothes (I suppose she doesn´t pay Akris but has an agreement with them) and she doesn´t loose an opportunity to show them, even when the event is more relaxed and simple, she´s overdresed. This is one of the occasions. Or when the event requires being formally dress and she shows up with a crochet dress more suitable for a bonfire near the beach.
Doesn´t she have advisors to tell her what is appropriate to wear to this kind of events? She´s totally out pf place. A CLIMATE MEETING!! And she´s showing her shoulders! Now come and call me hater, but she´s a mess.

What does climate and bare shoulders have to do with one another. It is summer there. You are entitled to your opinion and Charlene is entitled to keep you riled up! This dress is not my favorite, but it's not hideous either.

The climate meeting was part of an evening reception so her clothes were appropriate, indeed what one would expect.

Charlene is co patron with Desmond Tutu of the giving organisation. Desmond Tutu is a famous man ,he is nobel price of the pace. In july, she accepted to be co patron of the big giving organisation of Desmond Tutu. Desmond Tutu said that he was very happy to have Charlene with him in his foundation they decided to meet to speak about humanitory actions they will do with the future foundation of the princess. Good work.
I like the blue dress she wears to day at Cap town. The Prince and Charlene are very ease with the kids as they were relaxed yesterday evening , they enjoyed to be with Desmond Tutu and the children,
they are very happy

In a articlen there are nice photos of prince Albert and princess Charlene at a launch at Cap Town Charlene is very. beautiful
.: IN THE COMPANY OF HIS SERENE HIGHNESS PRINCE ALBERT II AND PRINCESS CHARLENE OF MONACO

Yes, two lovely people, who seem to interact well, with children. She is very lovely. Hardly a mess. She is elegant and very sleek.

As always speculative posts have been removed. And please use the private message system for personal statements!

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene attended the Polaris project presentation at the Clock Tower
on December 8, 2011 in Cape Town, South Africa.

The project will see the world's first Polaris Climate Change Observatory constructed at South Africa's
oldest Harbour and aims at raising the bar of mankinds understanding of Climate Change in the Polar
Regions and will feature exhibitions, educational activities and be the base for ground breaking research.
The structure will look like a giant tabular iceburg floating on a large pool of water.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

nice photos and big project for the save of the envoironment.

there are more photos of Princess charlene and princess albert here
on profimedia sitehttp://www.profimedia.cz/editorial

Charlene should pack Desmond Tutu in her suitcase and take him to Monaco.

Oh, I hardly doubt he would feel comfortable in Monaco ;), wonderful South Africa is something
so completely different..:)

On December 7, Princess Charlene visited the swiming pool where she started her training when she
was younger and met some children.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Some more pics of the meeting with Desmond Tutu at the Desmond Tutu Foundation on December 8:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

And some more nice ones of the launch of the Polaris Observatory in Cape Town also that day:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Yes, that's also a nice one, melina premiere, quite often those behind the scenes pics
and the spontaneous ones are the best.

I've scanned in some pics from the Nepal visit and read an article about it in German Bunte,
it mainly concentrated on the charity projects themselves and how the couple spent the
visit there, which I found an appropriate coverage.

Charlene is visibly glowing when returning to her home country and I find her one of very few royals who are really, really NATURAL with children, it comes from within and not because its something expected from a female royal.

@ iceflower: is this the current edition of the Bunte? I should get a copy :cool:

:previous:

It is, I don't want to plug it ;), but it's worth buying this time..:)

She is really glowing she looks so relaxed and happy. Great to see.

Charlene seems to really love her native South Africa...I'm glad to see that she is keeping her connection there, and that Prince Albert is supporting her efforts there. I did think that she looked a bit fatigued (...)

Yes, that's also a nice one, melina premiere, quite often those behind the scenes pics
and the spontaneous ones are the best.

I've scanned in some pics from the Nepal visit and read an article about it in German Bunte,
it mainly concentrated on the charity projects themselves and how the couple spent the
visit there, which I found an appropriate coverage.

In the pics Albert and Charlene look VERY happy and relaxed.
Albert is really enjoying these trips with having Charlene around. Now he has a partner who is willing to share these trips with him and he doesn't have to travel all alone IMO.

I really love this picture!! It's full of tenderness, and Charlene is beautiful and natural on it. Thank you!

I'm glad to see that Charlene is strongly linked to her native country, and that her husband respects it and even follows her. What a nice couple! We're very far from all these awfull rumors that ran a while before and after their wedding!

I understand that they wanted to make a cut and try out something new, but nevertheless I find it
disappointing to see the Princely couple only, it's always been such a nice family event, even Princess
Alexandra had started to attend in previous years - so no, not the best idea.

Now, Prince Albert is married and the times change, there will be events like the national fest where we will see the entire family and other where we will see only the couple and later perhaps with their children.At the times of Princess Grace, we did not see princess Antoinette and her kids et the event of Christmas.
During the national fest, the couple was alone at a balcony and the rest of the family shared an another balcony. To day, it is not a family event, it is a event where the prince reseived the young people of Monaco.
And it will change yet when there will be the first child , the princely family will be Albert Charlene and children; Like other royal families. The main royal part of family is the king queen and children. When King Carl Gustave married with Sylvia, We did not see anymore the princess Christina, she helped her brother untill the wedding .
In Monaco, we must be used to this fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom