Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get back on topic with Albert and Charlene's current events.

She´s dressed for a party here. I don´t think anyone is giving her advice on what to wear. If she had, someone should have told her that dress is not appropriate.

What makes her beautiful, black dress inappropriate? I would never consider that dress a party dress.

I do wish, when people make critical statements, that an explanation as to why it is inappropriate would be offered.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me the title of Point De Vue is very nice, the prince wishs themselves a long life together with happyness, here is the title in the newspaper, in the report, the prince explains what is love, and he says, very nice things about Charlene,IN gala, he tells how they met in 2000 and after they met in 2005, he said her at the beginning of their relation he said her, try and we will see where it will go, he said their feelings developped more and more but he waited to let Charlene to use to live in Monaco which is different of South Africa. He also said that they already made a team, they shares advices and love, they support themselves in good and bad moments. Think what you want but it is a love match.

What makes her beautiful, black dress inappropriate? I would never consider that dress a party dress.

I do wish, when people make critical statements, that an explanation as to why it is inappropriate would be offered.

My pleasure. The dress is too short, it has transparent , cut sleeves, the neckline is too low. All these characteristics make a dress SEXY. And sexy is not appropriate for a church.

But what is 'sexy' for Monte Carlo and what is 'sexy' for South America are very different things. This is the land of bikini thong bottoms and no tops as swim wear. Not that there is anything wrong with one or the other!:flowers:

Monaco might be a place where people do dress sexy when they go out to clubs, shopping, to the restaurant etc.. The beach well is the beach.
But I never saw anyone wear a bathing suit to church!! :bang:

As for the black dress, it might not have been the best choice for the simple reason that when you attend mass you need to be appropraitely cover: since you have to kneel (short skirt/dress not good) you might need to kneel forward (a "décolté" not a good choice) and etc...

As the future wife of the Representative of the Catholic Church of Monaco, I/We would wish to see the future princess in proper attire. Can we get her a stylist with proper etiquette please! (note that I do not blame entirely CW here!! :ohmy: )

PA is not the Representative of the Catholic Church in Monaco. He kneels with the rest of the Monegasques.

Archbishop Bernard Barsi represents the Catholic church in Monaco.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is the Feast of Saint John - in French, "La Saint-Jean".

From 18h30, there is a Special Mass in the Cathedral, followed by a Procession through the streets of Monaco.

It's also known as Fete-dieu or as "Corpus Christi".
How to Celebrate Fete De La Saint Jean in France | eHow.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_Christi_(feast)

It also celebrates Midsummer Day or Summer Solstice.

I am confused...I thought Corpus Christi and the Feast of St Jean-Baptiste were separate holy days...or am I misunderstanding what you wrote?

This year, there is only one day between them !

Corpus Christi is always on a Thursday, but Saint-Jean is moveable.

Tomorrow is the Feast of Saint John - in French, "La Saint-Jean".

From 18h30, there is a Special Mass in the Cathedral, followed by a Procession through the streets of Monaco.

It's also known as Fete-dieu or as "Corpus Christi".
How to Celebrate Fete De La Saint Jean in France | eHow.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_Christi_(feast)

It also celebrates Midsummer Day or Summer Solstice.

We have those in Ireland too!

Will The Princely Family be taking part?

This year, there is only one day between them !

Corpus Christi is always on a Thursday, but Saint-Jean is moveable.

Half right

Corpus Christi is always on a Thursday but its a moveable feast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moveable_feast

Saint John's Day is a fixed Holy Day & is always June 24th.

Nativity of St. John the Baptist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Now they hold hands. I guess that's an irreversible proof that they are love match...

Her face looks odd. By the time of her wedding it will look unrecognizable.

Now they hold hands. I guess that's an irreversible proof that they are love match...

Her face looks odd. By the time of her wedding it will look unrecognizable.

At this point, I am not sure anything they do would prove its a love match to you. They hold hands they are being phony to prove its a love match...they don't hold hands...Its a business arrangement and its still wrong. Nothing is ever right :ermm:

Charlene and Albert are two adults who both know the score.

If they didn't hold hands this close to the wedding, can you just imagine the snickering and speculating??

I have said all along that they have a relaxed, loving air of a couple that is too old to be starry eyed in the clouds, but young enough to feel the optimism and happiness that couples normally feel in the run up to their wedding.

I haven't heard of the Saint Jean procession in Monaco = do members of the Royal Family attend every year?

Well, they never hold hands. After the critics, they do.
It's my observation, but, of course everybody can think whatever they want.
The dress is quite nice.

The dress is quite nice.

It is amazing, you found one nice thing to say, the dress. Her face is gorgeous, so you should have your eyes checked.

It is amazing, you found one nice thing to say, the dress. Her face is gorgeous, so you should have your eyes checked.
Haha, yes, dress and shoes are nice. But we don't agree in the face...(..)

The dress is quite nice.
You must have missed the photos because I have seen them. They were even caught on Palace grounds by the paparazzi during the 2006 Grand Prix.

I haven't heard of the Saint Jean procession in Monaco = do members of the Royal Family attend every year?

It looks very much like a Corpus Christi Procession as it was also that RC Feast Day yesterday .Perhaps it was a mix of the 2 Holy/Feast Days (The Nativity of St John the Baptist & Corpus Christi).

I don't recall seeing members of the Princely Family attending it before but I could be wrong.

Elly C

PA and Charlene (and possibly other family members) were there at the Mass.
They were standing behind the prie-dieu (prayer stall), but not in the Cathedral, but at the Carabiniers base.
I didn't see any photos of other family members.

But yesterday - apart from the Feast of St. John (la Saint-Jean) - was also the anniversary of the couple's engagement.

Last edited:
Dammit, it is obvious this wedding is going to happen. I wanted Albert for myself...and I weep. (sniff)

Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock attended the Saint Jean procession in Monaco June 23, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** daylife gallery ** belga gallery **

Some additions:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

HOLA article with pics:

** Alberto de Mónaco y Charlene Wittstock, la viva imagen de la felicidad ante su inminente boda ** gallery **

Beautiful solemn pics, but I must say Charlene looked to be a bit stressed out at the beginning, but by the end she was smiling. I can't imagine all the stress she must be under with the wedding only one week away! :)

ps: nice having you back, iceflower, I've missed the links you post on a daily basis, something I could never be bothered to do, leastways on a daily basis, yegods! :eek: :D

ETA: pic #3 reminds me of a maternity dress, shades of Jackie O', just think by this time next year she could be wearing one, or else have a little babe by then. :heart:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom