Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think Charlene looks lovely in whatever she chooses to wear, some moreso than others, yes, but in the end it's all good. :)

By the way, I don't know if my eyes are tricking me, but the earrings Charlene is wearing in this most recent pic ~

Charlene Wittstock Pictures - Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock at a State Dinner - Zimbio ~

sure do look like the ones that Princess Grace wore in this one: http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/tnsngr/grace4.jpg

Could they be the same pair???? If so, that tells me that Prince Albert has been gifting her some jewels already as his fiancee from his mother's collection. :)

By the way, Moonmaiden23, I agree with your last post. I too feel for her. Oddly enough she reminds me of Princess Diana in demeanor, especially during her years as a Windsor Bride and Fiancee. I find Charlene to have the same shyness, insecurity, and innocence. Whereas Kate Middleton imho is the complete opposite, full of confidence, self-assuredness, and worldly. Mayhap because she's lived with her prince longer, lol. ;)

CHEERS TO THE FUTURE PRINCESS OF MONACO! :flowers:

I honestly think Charlene looks lovely in whatever she chooses to wear, some moreso than others, yes, but in the end it's all good. :)

By the way, I don't know if my eyes are tricking me, but the earrings Charlene is wearing in this most recent pic ~

Charlene Wittstock Pictures - Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock at a State Dinner - Zimbio ~

sure do look like the ones that Princess Grace wore in this one: http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/tnsngr/grace4.jpg

Could they be the same pair???? If so, that tells me that Prince Albert has been gifting her some jewels already as his fiancee from his mother's collection. :)

By the way, Moonmaiden23, I agree with your last post. I too feel for her. Oddly enough she reminds me of Princess Diana in demeanor, especially during her years as a Windsor Bride and Fiancee. I find Charlene to have the same shyness, insecurity, and innocence. Whereas Kate Middleton imho is the complete opposite, full of confidence, self-assuredness, and worldly. Mayhap because she's lived with her prince longer, lol. ;)

CHEERS TO THE FUTURE PRINCESS OF MONACO! :flowers:

Hmmm...Nadine they don't LOOK like the same earrings but I wouldn't stake my life on it...maybe they have been altered a bit and they are the same as Grace's?

I always thought they were duplicates of the Repossi earrings she wore to stunning effect at last year's Bal de la Croix Rouge, only in silver. :whistling:

People tend to forget that KM and CW are only a few years apart in age. KM appears more self assured possibly because she has the advantage of a good education behind her, she is in her native land and does not have to learn a new language and perhaps she has a larger group of friends to call on than CW does. Kate is also not going to be the wife of a Head of State...at least for a long while.

CW seemed to be somewhat of a loner even before she came on the Monaco scene. She does not strike me as the type of woman to have had a large coterie of female friends for support...not really a "girly girl" at all.

Maybe that is why? What does everyone else think?

Last edited:
She is truly lovely on the pix, and so smiling, it looks that she is very happy to be there !

Well since you asked for our opinions, I will give *mine*. :)

And in my humble opinion Charlene is a lovely young woman, I have nothing bad to say about her nor any of the Princely Family of Monaco, rather I'm looking forward to there adding another member to the family. :flowers:

Charlene seems to get along well with the entire family, from what I have seen, which brings me back to what Prince Albert said once ~ he wouldn't marry somebody that his sisters didn't approve of ~ to me that speaks volumes.

This is another reason why I'm so looking forward to this wedding, to see them all come together as one, just as they did for Prince Rainier's Funeral and Albert's subsequent Enthronement. They represent a close-knit family, something I personally love to see. :)

CHEERS TO THE MONACO PRINCELY FAMILY!!!! :flowers:

Nadine, I am with you...very much looking forward to having two new Royal princesses on the scene!

May I NEVER have to pick up Point de Vue again and see Carla Bruni-Sarkozy, Angelina Jolie or any other damn starlet on the cover!!:bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonmaiden23 said:
People tend to forget that KM and CW are only a few years apart in age. KM appears more self assured possibly because she has the advantage of a good education behind her, she is in her native land and does not have to learn a new language and perhaps she has a larger group of friends to call on than CW does. Kate is also not going to be the wife of a Head of State...at least for a long while.

Maybe that is why? What does everyone else think?

Plus at least from my perspective KM had 8 years to get used to public role and press and become comfortable... Charlene has had less time, not just because shorter relationship but also did the press/paparazzi hound her pre-engagement like KM or as much press as now? I am here and Royal fan and I wasn't aware of her until Victoria and Daniel's wedding at least.....so maybe she's still working out her public persona/role/comfortably....

KM's father is a millionare. She grew up in a social circle closer to royalty than CW did. CW also spent most of her life with her head in the water! Not much time for socializing when you're training for the Olympics.

I haven't paid much attention to Charlene. Before she met Albert, was she a warm, smiley, happy individual? Occasionally, I sense something there, but mostly she looks so uncomfortable, like it hurts to smile or enjoy herself. :/ It seems like Ireland would have been one of the easier countries. Everyone is so friendly, and she speaks the language....

Yes you are right she speaks tha language in Ireland. And sorry but she made much more official appearances than Kate, really much more. Look back all the gala she attended with albert, did you ever see Kate with William officially before the engagement, except the order of the garter, NO. Look at the picture of yesterday evening, everybody was smiling, at ease, speaking with each other, not her. She is not the picture of happiness, and sorry, she will be the wife of a head of state and not Kate? Are you kidding? How can someone compare the prince of monaco with the future prince of the UK? It's more frightening to marry the future prince of wales than the prince of monaco. and for the heritage of the respectives mother in law; if we hear speaking of princess diana everywhere yet again in 2012, it's really not the case of princess grace (I prefered princess grace, I used to not really like diana at the end of her life). If albert did not his best to perpetuate the memory of his mother, we could not hear anymore of grace. In life you have to do efforts and work hard and sorry but charlene has plenty of time to take lessons, kate was put in the backward, it's not the case of charlene who lived these few years in the limelight of the principality always on Albert's arms. So the arguments developped are not quite right. She is very elegant, has beatifully chosen her evening dresses, but it's not enough. It looks like Albert just need to have a beatuful girl on his arm and show her around the world to gain back monaco on the map. She deserves better than this. For the moment I'm not impressed. I was not of Metter Marit at the beginning, but now she is quite a fantastic princess. I would have prefer charlene not too favored first to expose herself in every glamourous magazine and to forge a personality and work on her appearances with the public and personalities.

KM's father is a millionare. She grew up in a social circle closer to royalty than CW did. CW also spent most of her life with her head in the water! Not much time for socializing when you're training for the Olympics.

Excellent point! KM and her sister Pippa especially made a conscious decision back in their school days to date and be seen with the "right" sort of people....so they are much more at ease in the world of high society than CW...who like you said has spent much of her time literally with her head underwater.

Yes you are right she speaks tha language in Ireland. And sorry but she made much more official appearances than Kate, really much more. Look back all the gala she attended with albert, did you ever see Kate with William officially before the engagement, except the order of the garter, NO. Look at the picture of yesterday evening, everybody was smiling, at ease, speaking with each other, not her. She is not the picture of happiness, and sorry, she will be the wife of a head of state and not Kate? Are you kidding? How can someone compare the prince of monaco with the future prince of the UK? It's more frightening to marry the future prince of wales than the prince of monaco. and for the heritage of the respectives mother in law; if we hear speaking of princess diana everywhere yet again in 2012, it's really not the case of princess grace (I prefered princess grace, I used to not really like diana at the end of her life). If albert did not his best to perpetuate the memory of his mother, we could not hear anymore of grace. In life you have to do efforts and work hard and sorry but charlene has plenty of time to take lessons, kate was put in the backward, it's not the case of charlene who lived these few years in the limelight of the principality always on Albert's arms. So the arguments developped are not quite right. She is very elegant, has beatifully chosen her evening dresses, but it's not enough. It looks like Albert just need to have a beatuful girl on his arm and show her around the world to gain back monaco on the map. She deserves better than this. For the moment I'm not impressed. I was not of Metter Marit at the beginning, but now she is quite a fantastic princess. I would have prefer charlene not too favored first to expose herself in every glamourous magazine and to forge a personality and work on her appearances with the public and personalities.

I think you have either misread or misunderstood much of what I posted.

Both Kate and CW will be married to Heads of State...but Kate will not be one for quite a few years. She will have her big wedding and then go live on some Army cottage with a few Royal appearances here and there. What kind of real pressure is that?

CW will become First Lady of Monaco very soon...like in a few months. She will not be able to retreat to some quiet life as an Army wife for a few years. She needs to grasp French, receive world leaders with ease, be accepted by Monagasques and adapt to her new role as Princess of Monaco immediately. I am not sure what it's like in France or Europe...but Grace Kelly's memory is very much alive here in America. Especially here in Hollywood...every young starlet wants to be like Grace....not Princess Diana. Grace's legend is still as alive and very, very powerful here.

Everyone will be watching CW and comparing her to her legendary mother-in-law.

She will probably need to give Albert a legitimate heir soon.

In my opinion, she will be under more immediate pressure than Kate Middleton.

And Kate has been doing nothing for the past few years..same as CW.

Except waiting for her boyfriend to propose!

Last edited:

Please remember that this is not a thread about Catherine Middleton, Princess Diana
or Princess Grace, let's get back to the topic of this thread! Thanks!

I really liked photos at the link in Florencia´s post. Charlene looks there lovely, smiling and much more at ease than in photos of the same evening I saw before.
I agree it is a huge change for her - it is really a difference to live as a sportswoman from middle class in the South Africa and be the Princess of Monaco! Almost unimaginable. She had and still has a lot to learn, but she does well, IMO.

I haven't paid much attention to Charlene. Before she met Albert, was she a warm, smiley, happy individual? Occasionally, I sense something there, but mostly she looks so uncomfortable, like it hurts to smile or enjoy herself. :/ It seems like Ireland would have been one of the easier countries. Everyone is so friendly, and she speaks the language....

Their visit is going down very well,but then again the Irish have laid claim to Grace Kelly !

HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco and his fiancée Charlene Wittstock are visiting the West of Ireland today!

Prince Albert visiting Galway and Mayo - RT News

HSH Prince Albert II & Ms Charlene Wittstock at the Irish Marine Institute in Oranmore, County Galway earlier today.The couple are having lunch at Ashford Castle in County Mayo.

Rex Features - Photographic press agency and picture library

Such a pity we cannot enlarge these pix like in old times !

Their visit is going down very well,but then again the Irish have laid claim to Grace Kelly !

Thank you for letting us know they are being well-received on the Emerald Isle. :flowers:

It will give CW the boost of confidence she needs in the countdown to the wedding, perhaps?

Such a pity we cannot enlarge these pix like in old times !

You can enlarge these in the meantime, but as to the coverage of the two
previous days, I'm quite sure we'll also get better ones of day 3 :flowers:

Day 3 from RTE News

Prince Albert visiting Galway and Mayo - RT News

There were bursts of applause & cheers for the couple in Newport County Mayo, a large crowd of well wishers greeted them :)

Thank you for letting us know they are being well-received on the Emerald Isle. :flowers:

It will give CW the boost of confidence she needs in the countdown to the wedding, perhaps?

Judging from the news reports the couple got a very,very warm welcome at the ancestral home of the Kelly clan!

Thought Charlene did great was really happy to see her do her first state visit. (...)

Thank you iceflower...Charlene looks lovely in photo #4, and Albert is definitely slimming down, I think! :whistling:

There are many other photos of the visit of the village Newport on ISOPIX and on Profimedia.site. Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock seemed to be very relaxed but the ancestry house is in ruines

Yes, we have all been charmed by her this week but don't forget that Miss Wittstock has been to Ireland many times and is quite at ease with us !!

IMO she looked great on this visit - very elegant and relaxed.

Thank you Cailin Deas..I did not know that this was not CW's first visit to Ireland.

Did she come alone in the past, or with PA?

I really like the grey dress of that evening gala, and the blue outfit. The grey dress more. It's her style, i think.
I'm not a Charlene fan as many know here, but i think she is actually doing very well. If she has to be there or not because she is not princess yet, i don't know, but it seems, from pics, that she is handling pretty well.

Would she have visited Eire in a swimming context ??
If not, when and why?

Does anyone knows if CW has a stylist? She looked beautiful and appropriate, in her own way, no need for dragging comparison.
is there a place I could read a official biography of hers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom