Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Current Events 2 : Oct.2007 - Jan.2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's pictures of Alicia Warlick who they said he was going to marry at events with him. She wore a brown dress to the PGA one year.

Actually that might be interesting to compare at this point both the pics and the statements about them. Do you have any pics?

Yep she looks much better recently (few months or so) and I believe there is a reason for it. No other woman has ever become so close to Albert, at least in the public eye. I guess she will be the one.

In terms of Octoberfest fashion, her dirndl was nice but not more, rather ordinary. There are much nicer versions. It seemed to me that she was not really familiar with the regional character of the clothing, eg the shoes were a big NoNo. Somebody could have told her or given better advice.

Nope, that's incorrect. Albert has done this song and dance before. I know he took Alicia Warlick to the PGAs and maybe Tasha too. In a few weeks/months, she was history. (There was an extensive post on this in either this forum or the one that closed in June.) The headlines were almost identical. I've always believed that when Albert finds "the one" that he won't parade her until it's time to make that announcement. Charlene is just the fun girl.

Here Alicia is at at least 3 formal events:
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2607/awpga22oct20026alu5.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5434/graceawards822oct01zt8.jpg
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2478/zonta218sep01tu6.jpg

I could be wrong and he could marry her, but holding off for all this time for Charlene would be. . .interesting. If Albert does marry, I wonder if any heads of state will show up at the wedding?

Last edited:
BurberryBrit, thanx for posting pics of Alicia & P Albert. It seems to be some pattern in Albert's actions with some "official dates". You are probably right that Charlene might be just that, another "official girlfriend" that's it.
BTW, Alicia seems classier than Charlene, she is more feminine and her dresses are much better style/taste than Charlene's outfits.

Alicia at least appeared to be princess material, unlike CW. I don't know anything about her though.

Alicia at least appeared to be princess material, unlike CW. I don't know anything about her though.
In the gala in New York, the top modèle Carolyn Murphy http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa172/RedForum/Personnality/is_15702063.jpg
she appears to be princess material than Charlene

Charlene looks more to Brigitte Nielsen
Charlene http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa172/RedForum/CW/25oct07charlene57.jpg and http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa172/RedForum/CW/sosie/c31323-10.jpg
Brigitte http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa172/RedForum/CW/sosie/7910.jpg

Last edited:
Actually that might be interesting to compare at this point both the pics and the statements about them. Do you have any pics?
All I recall Alicia saying after the PGA when asked about him was 'I enjoy his company.' I've seen photo's of them also on the beach walking and others. She was also a Dickie model because the company I worked for used the photo's. I kept the ad if I find it I'll post it. I don't think we can compare these two woman. I think the topic needs to move to another thread as well before the moderators give a finger spanking to our eye balls.

I think the reason Charlene has been talked about the way she has is he's now the Sovereign and everyone is waiting for him to marry not to mention more people are posting with interest since he acknowledged he has children. It's what's next. Will he marry her or not? She came on the scene with a photo that people objected to then another. If nothing had transpired I don't think as much interest would have arisen.

Let's move on from this topic shall we.

Thanks

Monaco Moderators

Pics 3.11.2007

In the presence of Charlene Albert was honorated by the 'Confrerie
des chevaliers du tastevin' in Dijon, France on 3 November 2007

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *

Article from this week's YOU Magazine 15 November 2007 by Sheraaj Ahmed & Este Langeveldt.

In brief the article just says that they had a brief romantic mountain stay (doesn't say where) with Charlene teaching Albert to play rugby and of course the standard speculation about wedding plans and that next year will be "the" year because it will be a big year for Albert and Charlene as he will be turning 50 and she will be 30.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/smutlow/YOU151107c.jpg

(The photos haven't got a direct credit but I have included all the agencies listed)
Credits:Elite; INPRA;Pan Media;Magazine Features;GalloImages/AFP; Peter Carrette(c) Icon Images.

Last edited:
Article from this week's YOU Magazine 15 November 2007 by Sheraaj Ahmed & Este Langeveldt.

In brief the article just says that they had a brief romantic mountain stay (doesn't say where) with Charlene teaching Albert to play rugby and of course the standard speculation about wedding plans and that next year will be "the" year because it will be a big year for Albert and Charlene as he will be turning 50 and she will be 30.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e81/smutlow/YOU151107c.jpg

(The photos haven't got a direct credit but I have included all the agencies listed)
Credits:Elite; INPRA;Pan Media;Magazine Features;GalloImages/AFP; Peter Carrette(c) Icon Images.

...Ups...:ohmy:...while the top of the page with pics was very slowly opening I puzzled over the man in a hat...Who is it?...:ermm:...The white&black man turned out Charlene...:lol::lol::lol:

I have just heard on tv that they will announce their engagement in a few days!
Maybe it is true!!!

I have just heard on tv that they will announce their engagement in a few days!
Maybe it is true!!!

Could you give us a source? In the past the news has reported things incorrectly such as Princess Caroline being pregnant when she wasn't. So it would be terrific if you could give us a source. THanks!

It was on a show called Verisssmo on Canale5, they speak about news, people, gossips, etc. I don't know what is their source, that's why I wrote "maybe it is true", but it was the first time I heard that they will announce the engagement in a few days. We will find it out very soon.:flowers:

It was on a show called Verisssmo on Canale5, they speak about news, people, gossips, etc. I don't know what is their source, that's why I wrote "maybe it is true", but it was the first time I heard that they will announce the engagement in a few days. We will find it out very soon.:flowers:

Thanks! It helps to put it into some perspective. It was a similar type source that once reported on Princess Caroline and when she wasn't pregnant they never withdrew their statement. So I guess we will wait and see. Truthfully I would have thought Christmas or New Years would be a more likely time if they were going to announce.

Monaco awaits Prince Albert's wedding

MONTE CARLO (AFP) - Prince Albert II's South African girlfriend failed to join the royal line-up for Monaco's National Day on Monday, in what would have been a sign the prince had finally found his princess. But expectations of a wedding remain strong........

Monaco awaits Prince Albert's wedding - Yahoo! News

"The prince once said "the woman of my life will have to resemble my mother""

Did Albert really say that?

Yes he did,but I think he mint and a way that charity helping others who don't have.

Yes he did,but I think he mint and a way that charity helping others who don't have.

I agree, a warm, kind, generous person and from what her friends have said over the years, she was very loyal to them.

I think the Yahoo! article was just quoting Point de Vue and most certainly in the past gf's have accompanied him to events: Alicia to the Pcss Grace Awards is one example. It doesn't take into consideration either that Rainier may have not allowed certain of Albert's gf's to particular events b/c he didn't approve. Now that Albert is in charge, he can do as he likes. I think the age thing is irrelevant and idea that she is trying to morph into Grace's image is more distrubing than reassuring (at least in my opinion).

There are some interesting points, however: the appearances with Caroline, the toned down wardrobe that I can't really explain away. It could be that she is getting a few pointers on the clothing, that she is being accepted into the family fold as an important person in Albert's life, but does that really mean that there is an announcement forthcoming or just simply the powers behind the throne need to have her presented in a certain way if she is going to be associated with the family? Anyone have any thoughts??? Would love to see arguments pro and con to help me figure this out in my own head.

I think the Yahoo! article was just quoting Point de Vue and most certainly in the past gf's have accompanied him to events: Alicia to the Pcss Grace Awards is one example. It doesn't take into consideration either that Rainier may have not allowed certain of Albert's gf's to particular events b/c he didn't approve. Now that Albert is in charge, he can do as he likes. I think the age thing is irrelevant and idea that she is trying to morph into Grace's image is more distrubing than reassuring (at least in my opinion).

There are some interesting points, however: the appearances with Caroline, the toned down wardrobe that I can't really explain away. It could be that she is getting a few pointers on the clothing, that she is being accepted into the family fold as an important person in Albert's life, but does that really mean that there is an announcement forthcoming or just simply the powers behind the throne need to have her presented in a certain way if she is going to be associated with the family? Anyone have any thoughts??? Would love to see arguments pro and con to help me figure this out in my own head.

I think probably your account above is accurate, just another headline. The PR with Caroline is just to counteract Rumors? To show a united front, whatever is going on there, we can only guess?:) I think by now someone figured out that Charlene needed some help with her wardrobe if she was going to appear with them publically? I think Albert just made some bad judgement calls in making his relationship and Charlene in general so public and having her glued to his hip at every event or at all. It has only created a situation that her appearance and absence has to be explained either way now? Who know why he wanted to perpetuate the wedding rumors, you would have thought he would have known better to keep his relationship private whatever their intentions are? I'm not sure why he felt it was neccessary in the first place, for her to be introduced to the public before an engagement, it just created an awkward situation for him and everyone. I hope he does better next time and is more cautious.

If Albert has any plans on marrying Charlene, I would think it would wait until after the end of the year. Why create the extra drama over the holidays when I'm sure everyone is already occupied with enough to do. Even though Albert made her too public this year, I don't think it's happening? (JMO) You are smart Pinklady, I think the tone is changing, so I don't have to explain.:) Also, I think the photos are a plant to show that they are still a couple for the time being and to keep any talk at bay one way or another, since she was not going to be present at the National Day events. I think Albert's privacy rights are respected in the South of France and those pictures on private property would not have been published if he didn't want them to be. (JMO) I think they need to handle their PR better, they seem rather obvious to me? (IMO)

Last edited:
Prince Albert was asked during a chat session last night, why wasn't Charlene with them at the National Day festivities. He replied that due to her activities, Mlle. Wittstock is away from the Principality during this period.

Do anybody think he told her to stay away? Albert took her to all event and galas.This would have been the event of the year if she went to mass and the balcony. But you know Albert keep us guessing.

Prince Albert was asked during a chat session last night, why wasn't Charlene with them at the National Day festivities. He replied that due to her activities, Mlle. Wittstock is away from the Principality during this period.

If PA had asked Charlene to accompany him for the mass and balcony appearance she would have canceled whatever previous "activities' she had just to be with him and the rest of the family. She was not invited so she didn't show up! That was PA's way of telling everyone that Charlene is not a part of the family and is not even close to being one. That was a very smart move on PA's part. You don't mix meat with potatoes.
IMO if there was an engagement coming up soon she would have been there, at least in the background.

If PA had asked Charlene to accompany him for the mass and balcony appearance she would have canceled whatever previous "activities' she had just to be with him and the rest of the family. She was not invited so she didn't show up! That was PA's way of telling everyone that Charlene is not a part of the family and is not even close to being one. That was a very smart move on PA's part. You don't mix meat with potatoes.
IMO if there was an engagement coming up soon she would have been there, at least in the background.

I agree Royal Pauper. He has had her at his side at high profile events to the point of distracting from the year of remembering Grace. I would have thought she would have at least attended the music awards and the Mont Blanc pen "gala". I can understand if no announcement is imminent that she not be at the mass or balcony. If she had gone to mass even in the "background" it would have fueled rumors and again distracted from the importance of the day. She had no choice but to be "out of town" for National day otherwise Albert would have looked like a cad. As for the toned down wardrobe, my personal opinion based on what she wore to the PGA was not what I'd call toned down but more of the same we have seen. What was different was the hair and make up to the point where it looked like she was trying to morph into Princess Grace instead of finding her own style. but that's JMO.

The photos that suddenly appeared of them playing rugby might have been taken as a result of her comment at the world match - similar to the photos of Albert and co. carrying glasses of water after Charlene was photographed holding a glass of wine (last summer). To me that's pretty transparent as is the timing of the release of the photos (past and present). Just a thought.

All in all, it seems that PR is working overtime doing damage control. It all seems just silly. If he was in love with the girl and she with him they should have announced an engagement last year or he should have kept this all private until an announcement was made. JMO

Why should she be an important person in Albert's life if they're not going to get married? Firstly, it's strange that they didn't connect back in 2001, but met up (?) again in 2004/2005 and then after all that time suddenly decided they were madly in love and started the boyfriend/girlfriend thing. But somehow it didn't happen in 2001? :confused: Secondly, she is either a prospective wife or she isn't. There's nothing inbetween. Meaning that she can't be an important person in his life if he already knows he's never ever going to marry her. His other friends aren't so public and he doesn't take his advisors out on a date. If she is not a potential wife, why and how can she be such an important part of his life and why the extremely public presence?
Anyone have any thoughts??? Would love to see arguments pro and con to help me figure this out in my own head.
Yep. Me too. I'm not much help, I can't figure it out for myself, let alone convince someone else either way. :D
I wonder what those activities were.

Why should she be an important person in Albert's life if they're not going to get married? Firstly, it's strange that they didn't connect back in 2001, but met up (?) again in 2004/2005 and then after all that time suddenly decided they were madly in love and started the boyfriend/girlfriend thing. But somehow it didn't happen in 2001?
He gave her his phone number in 2001 but she lost it if I recall the interview right after they showed up together in Turin saying they were soul mates. She has also told someone that she is in love with him, however isn't able to discuss the relationship.

Maybe they didn't connect in 2001 because Prince Rainier was still alive and he wouldn't have approved of her. Once he had passed away Albert possibly felt free to re-connect with her. (just me guessing)

Just an observation on the rugby photos that I posted - they don't give a date when the romantic break took place (they just appeared in the YOU magazine) - so I'm not sure if it is during the rugby World Cup or when but IMO they have been put in now because of her recent appearances at high profile functions.

Last edited:
Pics on Hola of Albert and Charlene playing rugby.
Bigger version of the pics LadyS posted before.
Galerías de imágenes
Nice pics, but doesn't say when and where they have been taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom