The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 03:21 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I've never said this before because what they do is there business but in that photo it looks like he is with his daughter not a GF.
I agree, and where looking like his daughter is bad, acting like his daughter is worse. I think we can gather from the choice of women in his life, Albert is not a man of complex.

And because someone may be young enough to have children is not an excuse to marry a vapid or vain girl? (IMO) If It was that important to Albert to have children he should have started earlier when he would not be so old - when it comes time to train the next heir. Albert will be in his 70's. And there is no guarantee that they will be able to have children if that is the reason he would choose Charlene as a bride.

It's (jmo) but she doesn't come off as the motherly type, she's a bit self involved and has some growing up to do herself, before she starts having children of her own, especially in the environment she will be in.

If people are worried about her being the next Princess, she could also be raising the next heir? Not that I think Albert gives much thought to that or anything else? I think that issue of fertility will not be so much a reason, but an excuse if Albert marries Charlene. (IMO) But Albert has decided to have her by his side at the PGA tonight in the year of Grace's tribute? He kept her private at this event last year. Since she pretty much has been displayed bigger than a billboard this year, I can't imagine he has no plans to marry her? What fun those two are going to have if he does! :)

Old 10-26-2007, 10:53 AM

They both looked adorable at the oktoberfest event, although I seem to be of a minority here in having that opinion. ? I like oktoberfest fashions, though. I also must disagree with some posters about CW's looks. To me, all of her appearances in October rate very well. She is lookin' good, I must say. I'm not like a CW fawner or something, but hey, gotta give credits where I feel it's due.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
They both looked adorable at the oktoberfest event, although I seem to be of a minority here in having that opinion. ? I like oktoberfest fashions, though. I also must disagree with some posters about CW's looks. To me, all of her appearances in October rate very well. She is lookin' good, I must say. I'm not like a CW fawner or something, but hey, gotta give credits where I feel it's due.
Yep she looks much better recently (few months or so) and I believe there is a reason for it. No other woman has ever become so close to Albert, at least in the public eye. I guess she will be the one.

In terms of Octoberfest fashion, her dirndl was nice but not more, rather ordinary. There are much nicer versions. It seemed to me that she was not really familiar with the regional character of the clothing, eg the shoes were a big NoNo. Somebody could have told her or given better advice.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Aristocracy

like i said before albert and cw are next to get married, if he keep take her to every royal event, i can just image her on a black dress smile with the press andwearing the royal engagment ring on a magazine title ''she is the one that monaco have been waiting for introducting princess charlene of monaco''. i was hopeing for someelse but now i think albert have make his choice.

by the way there is a new pictrue of the albet and cw and video in hola .com
check that out now before is too late.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
In terms of Octoberfest fashion, her dirndl was nice but not more, rather ordinary. There are much nicer versions. It seemed to me that she was not really familiar with the regional character of the clothing, eg the shoes were a big NoNo. Somebody could have told her or given better advice.
Oh I didn't even notice her shoes. I'll have to take another look at the pics. Fair point about the impending marriage.... no doubt in the next couple of years.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Gentry

At getty there are the Princess Grace awards pics...she doesn't look that bad and for a chnage she didn't wear black...
Old 10-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Aristocracy

PA II and Char

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Oh I didn't even notice her shoes. I'll have to take another look at the pics. Fair point about the impending marriage.... no doubt in the next couple of years.
So, this is what I'm just simply befuddled about. "next couple of years". As some one said, why can't he just have this without marriage or something like that. But considering his past romantic activities and cavalier relationships, which he was not ashamed of, one wonders (some of us) is this some parade of some kind, an extension, although one on one of his oooh la la affairs.

She is rather attractive and whatever she wears is ok with me, personally, but for me. (If I had anything to do with it). I would have them invite relatives or friends on the boat, go out on the Mediterranean or wherever, take the priest, and nice caterers, etc. and just do it. It just looks, at this long, parade point,--I don't know,imo strange and pointed and unnecessary. Just my 2 year weary thoughts
Old 10-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Nobility

Charlene does look really good in the black dress (at least her shoulders aren't showing as she's wearing a wrap)

I don't know if she is the "one" or not but as someone else commented when I asked why we see so much of them together at official events than any of Albert's other girlfriends - it might be because Prince Rainer is no longer around to decide what is appropriate and who should or shouldn't accompany Albert at official functions.

But time of course will tell where the relationship is going.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Gentry

i just take a look to getty.

caroline is stunning in her blue dress...she looks very young!!!

Charlene is nice, but this kind of dress doesn't fit good on her. Sure she lost some Kg..She has a beatiful body (except for shoulders!)

Concerning the presence of Charlene at Princesse Grace Award, If I'm not wrong PA went to PGA on 2002 or maybe 2001 accompained by caroline and his girlfriend Alicia Warlick ( you can see som photos searching on Olycom )

I will think that She is "the One", when I will take part to the press conference announcing the date of the wedding.
Now, for me, Charlene is only Charlene.

Eleanor Roosvelt
Old 10-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS View Post
Charlene does look really good in the black dress (at least her shoulders aren't showing as she's wearing a wrap)

I don't know if she is the "one" or not but as someone else commented when I asked why we see so much of them together at official events than any of Albert's other girlfriends - it might be because Prince Rainer is no longer around to decide what is appropriate and who should or shouldn't accompany Albert at official functions.

But time of course will tell where the relationship is going.
There's pictures of Alicia Warlick who they said he was going to marry at events with him. She wore a brown dress to the PGA one year.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
There's pictures of Alicia Warlick who they said he was going to marry at events with him. She wore a brown dress to the PGA one year.
Actually that might be interesting to compare at this point both the pics and the statements about them. Do you have any pics?
Old 10-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Yep she looks much better recently (few months or so) and I believe there is a reason for it. No other woman has ever become so close to Albert, at least in the public eye. I guess she will be the one.

Nope, that's incorrect. Albert has done this song and dance before. I know he took Alicia Warlick to the PGAs and maybe Tasha too. In a few weeks/months, she was history. (There was an extensive post on this in either this forum or the one that closed in June.) The headlines were almost identical. I've always believed that when Albert finds "the one" that he won't parade her until it's time to make that announcement. Charlene is just the fun girl.

Here Alicia is at at least 3 formal events:
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2...t20026alu5.jpg
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5...22oct01zt8.jpg
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2...18sep01tu6.jpg

I could be wrong and he could marry her, but holding off for all this time for Charlene would be. . .interesting. If Albert does marry, I wonder if any heads of state will show up at the wedding?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 10-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Serene Highness

BurberryBrit, thanx for posting pics of Alicia & P Albert. It seems to be some pattern in Albert's actions with some "official dates". You are probably right that Charlene might be just that, another "official girlfriend" that's it.
BTW, Alicia seems classier than Charlene, she is more feminine and her dresses are much better style/taste than Charlene's outfits.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 10-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Serene Highness

Alicia at least appeared to be princess material, unlike CW. I don't know anything about her though.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 10-28-2007, 08:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
Alicia at least appeared to be princess material, unlike CW. I don't know anything about her though.
In the gala in New York, the top modèle Carolyn Murphy http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...s_15702063.jpg
she appears to be princess material than Charlene

Charlene looks more to Brigitte Nielsen
Charlene http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...charlene57.jpg and http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a.../c31323-10.jpg
Brigitte http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...sosie/7910.jpg
Old 10-28-2007, 11:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
Actually that might be interesting to compare at this point both the pics and the statements about them. Do you have any pics?
All I recall Alicia saying after the PGA when asked about him was 'I enjoy his company.' I've seen photo's of them also on the beach walking and others. She was also a Dickie model because the company I worked for used the photo's. I kept the ad if I find it I'll post it. I don't think we can compare these two woman. I think the topic needs to move to another thread as well before the moderators give a finger spanking to our eye balls.

I think the reason Charlene has been talked about the way she has is he's now the Sovereign and everyone is waiting for him to marry not to mention more people are posting with interest since he acknowledged he has children. It's what's next. Will he marry her or not? She came on the scene with a photo that people objected to then another. If nothing had transpired I don't think as much interest would have arisen.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Let's move on from this topic shall we.

Thanks

Monaco Moderators

Old 11-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Pics 3.11.2007

In the presence of Charlene Albert was honorated by the 'Confrerie
des chevaliers du tastevin' in Dijon, France on 3 November 2007

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *
Old 11-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Aristocracy

Pointdevue

http://www.pointdevue.fr/img/upl/Thu...g_3094couv.jpg

Article - En couverture Charlene et Albert, mariage en 2008, la preuve par 9

Anybody can scan & translate this article please?
Old 11-19-2007, 03:21 AM
Nobility

Article from this week's YOU Magazine 15 November 2007 by Sheraaj Ahmed & Este Langeveldt.

In brief the article just says that they had a brief romantic mountain stay (doesn't say where) with Charlene teaching Albert to play rugby and of course the standard speculation about wedding plans and that next year will be "the" year because it will be a big year for Albert and Charlene as he will be turning 50 and she will be 30.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e8...YOU151107c.jpg

(The photos haven't got a direct credit but I have included all the agencies listed)
Credits:Elite; INPRA;Pan Media;Magazine Features;GalloImages/AFP; Peter Carrette(c) Icon Images.

Closed Thread