The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

Marriage imminent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
You're welcome, tammy81 and I agree with you sashajones

There was an official event of Albert and Charlene on Saturday as well:

"Prince Albert II and Charlene attend the third edition of the Oktoberfest
of Monaco" 20 October 2007 - belga:

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4
Surely after all this[togertherness and seeming compatibility] at Oktoberfest they will marry in the year Prince Albert has stated , his fiftieth.So far Pa and Cw have struggled to become the couple that will hopefully ascend the steps of ST. Nicholas to wedding bells. . Other than Oktoberfest I hope Cw is becoming literate in the catechism of the Roman Catholic Faith to which she must convert.
Does anybody know if CW has already begun this conversion?
They look lovely,relaxed and are attune at this function together.
Deo Juvante

Old 10-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Surely after all this[togertherness and seeming compatibility] at Oktoberfest they will marry in the year Prince Albert has stated , his fiftieth.So far Pa and Cw have struggled to become the couple that will hopefully ascend the steps of ST. Nicholas to wedding bells. . Other than Oktoberfest I hope Cw is becoming literate in the catechism of the Roman Catholic Faith to which she must convert.
Does anybody know if CW has already begun this conversion?
They look lovely,relaxed and are attune at this function together.
Deo Juvante
I am not sure she needs to convert only sign a paper saying the children will be raised Catholic. On the other hand if she does not convert they can't be married in a Catholic Church. My understanding is that it takes about a year to convert. In addition, as late as last May it was reported by one of our Monaco posters that she was unable to speak French at the Small States games. So if she is the one I hope they have a tutor for her.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
I am not sure she needs to convert only sign a paper saying the children will be raised Catholic. On the other hand if she does not convert they can't be married in a Catholic Church. My understanding is that it takes about a year to convert. In addition, as late as last May it was reported by one of our Monaco posters that she was unable to speak French at the Small States games. So if she is the one I hope they have a tutor for her.
It's been a while now since I converted but its once a week for about 6 months with time off for the holidays at Christmas. It's done at the Easter Vigil, the night before Easter.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

The Catholic Church will perform a marriage ceremony even if one of the participants is not RC. A few of my friends have gone through it with no difficulties.
As for speaking French, she could still continue learning. Grace didn't speak it when she arrived but eventually became at least conversant in the language even though she was never completely comfortable speaking French in interviews. Another foreign bride, Mary of Denmark was still studying Danish when she married.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
The Catholic Church will perform a marriage ceremony even if one of the participants is not RC. A few of my friends have gone through it with no difficulties.
As for speaking French, she could still continue learning. Grace didn't speak it when she arrived but eventually became at least conversant in the language even though she was never completely comfortable speaking French in interviews. Another foreign bride, Mary of Denmark was still studying Danish when she married.
Yes, but Grace arrived in Monaco only a few days before the wedding and Mary was already learning when the engagement was announced. (I believe she spoke Danish at the engagement announcement? Or was that all in English?). Grace had less than four months between the engagement and the wedding, less than a year between meeting Rainier and marrying him.
Charlene has been immersed in French and France for almost two years. A very enviable position and a wonderful opportunity for someone learning the language. Most people in that position would have picked up even the basics without lessons.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:29 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
I'm not a fan of the dress, but since it's a traditional one, I have no objections. But overall, I think Charlene looked really pretty. She has got some very soft expression on her face, it really suits her.
Correct, it's a traditional dress. It's definitely not the prettiest of all Octoberfest dresses ("Dirndl") but it's ok. The shoes are a big NoNo though as these dresses usually go with special loafers or even boots that look at bit rustic or gross so Charlenes high heels are out of place.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
There's also a gallery here
Old 10-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Correct, it's a traditional dress. It's definitely not the prettiest of all Octoberfest dresses ("Dirndl") but it's ok. The shoes are a big NoNo though as these dresses usually go with special loafers or even boots that look at bit rustic or gross so Charlenes high heels are out of place.
You are perfectly right. You have a "good eye" Duke of Marmalade.
There are a few nice pics on Hola
Galerías de imágenes
ALBERTO DE MÓNACO Y CHARLENE WITTSTOCK, 'BRINDIS' POR SU FUTURO CON CERVEZA
Tosca, GREAT avatar!
Old 10-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
There's also a gallery here
Thanks for the great photos. I find it interesting that there are really no photos of them looking at each other. Even the one where she is grabbing his lapel he isn't looking at her. In this set of photos Albert seems more into talking with everyone but Charlene.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
You are perfectly right. You have a "good eye" Duke of Marmalade.
There are a few nice pics on Hola
Galerías de imágenes
ALBERTO DE MÓNACO Y CHARLENE WITTSTOCK, 'BRINDIS' POR SU FUTURO CON CERVEZA
Tosca, GREAT avatar!

Another observation:
We can be sure that Charlene is still unmarried: The tradition says that if the skirt is tied on the left hand side the lady is still free; if it is tied on the right hand side it means she is married

Seems Albert made sure Charlene tied her skirt on the correct side to avoid some rumours
Old 10-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Courtier

Has anyone seen the latest photos of Albert and Charlene taken in New York in the past few days? Visit the GREMB.

Stellad
Old 10-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Aristocracy

yes i just saw the picture,why can she choose different clour than black she wear black all the time, it seems that albert is readly to make his choice and i think we all might not like this choice but as long as his happy we all might try hard to accept it .
Old 10-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Gentry

well

I'm not a fan of CW... but she is very nice expecially in this photo
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7749...D215A3001C766D

I think she lost weight, and that she is very very pretty.

They look good togheter.

But I still hope she isn't "the one"...

Eleanor Roosvelt
Old 10-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMichelle View Post

They look good togheter.

I don't like her hair it's too severe and makes her angular features look very pointed and makes her look hard. Sorry but that was my first impression when I saw this shot. The dress to me looks like a version of all the dresses we have seen her in- one shoulder, black numbers. Nothing new on that part. I am not by nature a negative person, but with Charlene I just can't find a positive anything to say except they aren't married yet.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMichelle View Post

They look good togheter.

I've never said this before because what they do is there business but in that photo it looks like he is with his daughter not a GF.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
I don't like her hair it's too severe and makes her angular features look very pointed and makes her look hard. Sorry but that was my first impression when I saw this shot. The dress to me looks like a version of all the dresses we have seen her in- one shoulder, black numbers. Nothing new on that part. I am not by nature a negative person, but with Charlene I just can't find a positive anything to say except they aren't married yet.
I agree -- black or white or shades of grey must be the only colors she understands, because she never wears anything else -- I guess that's her version of french style & sophistication, especially since those colors are easy to do. A clothes consultant probably told her to stick to the basics when everything else fails -- good advice.

She looks ok (not spectacular especially for a daytime event) -- but I think being in NY, she's probably insecure about her one personal claim to fame. A bimbo model in the US is probably sooooo much more accomplished than CW on a continual basis.

I think CW can hide behind the black dress (should she be wearing that that long black outfit before 7pm?) and the fact nobody really knows about her in the US. So much more would be expected of her if the US media actually cared -- so she needs to look nice, because that's all she has to offer.

I hope somebody tells her that looks fade -- maybe she should try to get more jewelry from Albert so she can save it then sell it to support herself when he dumps her in a few years for new young party girl.

JMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I've never said this before because what they do is there business but in that photo it looks like he is with his daughter not a GF.
yup! I could not have said it any better than that.

I keep wondering when Albert is going to grow up and find a real woman with substance to stand by his side...
Old 10-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia View Post
yup! I could not have said it any better than that.

I keep wondering when Albert is going to grow up and find a real woman with substance to stand by his side...
If or when he marries he's going to be expected to have a family. To do that he has to marry a younger woman not one his own age unless he married a woman who already had his child. Charlene is in that age group for children.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
If or when he marries he's going to be expected to have a family. To do that he has to marry a younger woman not one his own age unless he married a woman who already had his child. Charlene is in that age group for children.
I wouldn't agree on that one! Women of today can easily have children in their forties, even for the first time. Look at all those celebrities having their first child at mid/late forties.
Hopefully PA doesn't marry an incubator, it will have use of it only for a couple of times, maybe.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
well, yes, ok. Statistically speaking, it's still harder and riskier for women to have children as they get older.

I still think he'd also be expected to marry a woman of substance who could carry her own.

But is Albert really so shallow that if he did want kids he would just want an incubator with a nice face and no brains attached? Why not get an educated woman with some substance? Is there such a big shortage of them in the world? For example, what if he can't make an event, she might be called to stand in for him so she'd need to be credible and be able to convey at least a tiny bit of gravitas to the world - but ok maybe they can manufacture that too somehow, imo.

I guess as was said before, if that's what he wants to settle for that's his business...
Old 10-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
And can you imagine how they will look in 5-10 years from now?!!! Monaco is not Hollywood!