HSH Prince Albert Current Events 22 : April 2007 - July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks creativemind! I guess the presenter misinterpreted Albert's statement, as you said.

creativemind said:
tosca, take a look at this recent "times" story that seems to be getting rehashed in different tabloids ... i'm wondering if the presenter who told the story misinterpreted what albert said in this interview ... albert does mention focusing on the july event for his mother's legacy and not having plans to marry now ... but he directly say he won't ever marry because of her legacy ... just a thought ... it's the only one i could think of .... yes, maybe another cock and bull story.:)

Remembering my fairytale mother-News-World-Europe-TimesOnline

Well maybe this is his next saga and excuse for the parade of ladies on his arm -at least they should know what they are getting into. I hope this means he's going to buckle down and stay home and work on the good of Monaco for a while. Let's hope!

i'm not sure but this is the only thing i could come up with ... maybe another poster knows of some other interview where he could have said it ... oh well! anyways it's a nice article ... nice to hear about he and his sisters spending time and going through their mother's things together. hopefully when the exhibit opens we'll see them all together for the event.

he also talks about him seeing jazmin, I wonder when she will be coming again. nd I agree creative, they have missinterpreted his words on the marriage thing.

I think what Pa is attempting to say here without dredging the depths& sounding maudlin is that his mother and her aesthetic was the stuff of para-signifiers.Her classic beauty coupled with her faultless taste was what we ladies defined ourselves with,idolized and still do as the platinum standard.Recently a dress worn by Audrey Hepburn was auctioned and fetched $809,000 US which is an astronomical amount of money.Princess Grace is not for auction or sale; she is the stuff of legends and that is why she is always a class apart & still part of our oneiric visions.Whoever Pa marries if he does will stand in the long shadow that Princess Grace casts even after her death. But if such a lady does exist we will know when she arrives instantaneously.

Last edited:
Reading that interview in "Timesonline" I'm not even sure if Albert told the journalist that he did not have plans to marry now. The interview seems like mix of facts, rumours, gossip, quotes from various magazines, gossip tabloids. It looks like author interviewed Albert but it difficult to recognize what questions were asked by a journalist. The phrase:"But when asked if there was any prospect of a wedding announcement" doesnt not assure me it was given by the author. In this interview the author was rehashing some other interviews or maybe some tabloids statements, assumptions. The last interview when Albert directly himself stated he did not have plans to marry was summer last year on American TV. The later on were just rehashed, twisted stories.

Last edited:
Lakshmi said:
Reading that interview in "Timesonline" I'm not even sure if Albert told the journalist that he did not have plans to marry now. The interview seems like mix of facts, rumours, gossip, quotes from various magazines, gossip tabloids. It looks like author interviewed Albert but it difficult to recognize what questions were asked by a journalist. The phrase:"But when asked if there was any prospect of a wedding announcement" doesnt not assure me it was given by the author. In this interview the author was rehashing some other interviews or maybe some tabloids statements, assumptions. The last interview when Albert directly himself stated he did not have plans to marry was summer last year on American TV. The later on were just rehashed, twisted stories.
I think there was one more recent one for an Italian paper where he says that he doesn't feel ready yet. And that looked like a straightforward question answer one. It was recent and also mentioned the exhibition.

I wonder how this interview with Matthew Campbell looked like. It was one by one interview or some press conference. If there was interview with some Italian paper recently and that paper also mentioned exhibition, so quite possible that because of comming event (opening exibition in July) they prepared conference in palace. They would need some media covership long before event.

I do not know how credible this magazine is because it states both children ages wrong. It says that Jazmin is 16 and Alexander is 5. We all know that Jazmin just recently turned 15 and Alexander is still 3 years old.

Good find, Bahamagirl. Yes, children's age is wrong.

paca said:
I think there was one more recent one for an Italian paper where he says that he doesn't feel ready yet. And that looked like a straightforward question answer one. It was recent and also mentioned the exhibition.
Yes and we know that he will not marry her but people wants to dream and tabloids want to have more money... If people were not credulous...

Lakshmi said:
The press has been getting people's ages wrong for years.

lilae said:
Yes and we know that he will not marry her but people wants to dream and tabloids want to have more money... If people were not credulous...
I don't know he won't marry Charlene because anything can happen. I think its more people don't want to see it happen then do.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a bush fire at albert's house today, anyone heard anything? there were lots of fire engines and a helicopter trying to estinguish it.

brother said:
There was a bush fire at albert's house today, anyone heard anything? there were lots of fire engines and a helicopter trying to estinguish it.
Hi brother,
Do you mean Albert's private house Rocagel?

brother said:

ROQUEBRUNE AND CAPE MARTIN - the A8 motorway closed because of a fire devastating 50 hectares the first important fire of the season started Monday at the beginning of afternoon. This fire, which had occurred close to Roquebrune and Cape Martin, was very devastating, it was propagated on approximately 50 hectares. The gusts of wind violate made the work of the firemen extrèmement difficult; more than 300 soldiers of fire, with tanker planes and helicopters, had to fight the flames until late in the evening.
The A8 motorway was impratiquable and was closed in the two directions during the afternoon, because of thick smoke. Fortunately, fire was controlled without no dwelling being touched.
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]D.S. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0](www.lepetitjournal.com- Monaco)[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] vendredi[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0] 1er juin[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 2007[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]lckc[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

That's the one I have heard of but that was Monday. Yesterday it was raining most of the day. Roquebrune is no where near ALbert's house.

An attempt

Tosca said:
Can anybody enlighten me, please?

Last night I happened to be watching the news on Mediaset owned TG4, where the editor himself, said that Prince Albert officially announced that he will never marry. The girls he keeps company with, are those whom he highly estimates, and the reason he will never marry is that he wants to keep his mother's memory sort of everlasting.
Does anyone know if this is true????
Firstly, a lot of "confusion" has been prevalent since Prince Albert has had his "official companion".Now Prince Albert "officially" announces that he will never marry.His mother's memory is everlasting in and of itself.Let us clarify that his"official comapnion" ;like his "official announcement" of perpetual bacherlood has not come as from the palace.Sounds like more"confusion" to me.

Jaya said:
Firstly, a lot of "confusion" has been prevalent since Prince Albert has had his "official companion".Now Prince Albert "officially" announces that he will never marry.His mother's memory is everlasting in and of itself.Let us clarify that his"official comapnion" ;like his "official announcement" of perpetual bacherlood has not come as from the palace.Sounds like more"confusion" to me.
It looks like Albert has turned into Pygmalion admiring the statue of Galatea (his mother) wishing every day that it will come to life and become a real woman that he can marry. Where is Venus when we need her?

The Confusion Tactics

LadyMacAlpine said:
The press has been getting people's ages wrong for years.

I don't know he won't marry Charlene because anything can happen. I think its more people don't want to see it happen then do.
Never believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.
If Prince Albert& Miss Wittsock intended to marry each other they would have made their decision and stuck to it by now. Miss Wittsock seems more interested in pursuing here elusive Olympic dream rather than settling down. Beijing should not be used as an excuse to hurtle the date of a prospective marriage into the future.The whole situation revolves around Miss Wittsock and her aspirations but there is not one element of the tangible in these.Monaco will wait for CW's schedule and goals.Monaco is on the backburner.And then you say"it is just people who do not want to see this happen?" Good point &I wonder why? More confusion.
The rampant spread of "confusion"[by conjecture]is prevalent which has nothing to do with whether people want to see this happen for Prince Albert or not.What happened to the two enthusiasts at the helm of this situation?Where is it stipulated that the future princess of Monaco needs an Olympic medal?I think people do not care one way or another at this point when emotional clarity has not been arrived at after what appears a lengthy long distance courtship.Anything cannot happen when this"confusion" reigns supreme.With the"confusion" credibility is diminished.What psychological appeal does this have now whether it happens or not?Yes we will wait for the next date the expected betrothal announcement is to happen on the anniversary of the
"enthronement."of HSH Prince Albert.

Last edited:
Pic 31.5.2007

"Diplomacy: Albert II receives the Ambassador of Egypt Diplomatic life obliges 31 May 2007:
Prince Albert received yesterday morning His Excellence Nasser Kamel, ambassador extraordinary and
plenipotentiary of the Arab Republic of Egypt near the Principality. Egypt becomes thus the nineteenth
foreign power accredited at Monaco"

Here's a --> pic
And the --> whole article in french, the first part I quoted is translated with google :)

Thanks Iceflower. That diplomatic guy from Egypt doesn't look like a very happy camper does he?:rolleyes:

Another ambassy Albert is going to travel more and more in his private jet which is polluting...but the "green prince" is still green ... and when he's in his plane he can be with is pretty young Charlene !!! because in Monaco people are sad...

Well, perhaps Albert will discover a better source for his jet fuel.

Well he wasn't there to watch Iceland win the 10 000m women ;). The girls from Iceland are quite a success in Monaco. And some of them are really quite pretty.

paca said:
Well he wasn't there to watch Iceland win the 10 000m women ;). The girls from Iceland are quite a success in Monaco. And some of them are really quite pretty.
Too bad Charlene is not in South AFrica. He could have told them he was SINGLE!!! And perhaps met a nice one. No one here in Iceland knows about Charlene (except me) since the papers don't report anything about Albert. So he could have gotten away with it.

This is not a thread for Charlene. Let's move on please.

Thanks

I "died of laughing" (it is black humour, translate it by what a nausea!! ) Albert II of Monaco, the burning conservationist, the green prince, invited all the athletes on a steamer, which releases 500 tons of CO2 per day...
I call that "a banana skin"
second banana skin for albert
lckc

Pics 10.6.2007

Prince Albert II of Monaco, actors Lesley Anne Down and Eric Close attend the opening night of the 2007
Monte Carlo Television Festival held at Grimaldi Forum on June 10, 2007 in Monaco

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

PA Current Events

iceflower said:
Prince Albert II of Monaco, actors Lesley Anne Down and Eric Close attend the opening night of the 2007
Monte Carlo Television Festival held at Grimaldi Forum on June 10, 2007 in Monaco

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Thank you iceflower. Now that Eric Close, now he is something. He was there?!!

Prince Albert II poses during the opening night of the 47th Monte Carlo television Festival at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco, June 10, 2007.

Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom