The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pic 19.5.2007

Prince Albert II of Monaco poses with Cecilia Peck (L) and Barbara Kopple (R), producers of Dixie Chicks: Shut Up and Sing, before the screening of the movie, during the Monaco Music Film Festival (MMFF) at the Princess Grace Theatre, in Monte Carlo, Monaco, 19 May 2007. The film follows the lives and carreers of the Dixie Chicks over a period of 3 years. EPA/ASM

--> Albert 19.5.2007

Old 05-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Majesty

ITALY TENNIS ROME MASTERS
Prince Albert of Monaco awards Serbia's Jelena Jankovic after she won the final match against Russia's Svetlana Kuznetsova at the Rome Masters tennis tournament in Rome's Foro Italico clay-court, Sunday, May 20, 2007. Jankovic won 7-5, 6-1. (AP Photo/Gregorio Borgia)

Pic

Old 05-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Commoner

well i think this was awhile ago, because she was on vacation...They didnt know who Prince Albert was, I mean we are from a small small town in the midwest. And I guess she got drunk, and went up to their table and said, "Which one of you is the Prince?" and he said "Well I am." and he invited her to sit at the table, and I guess then he went up to her parents table and her father just got drunk because he didnt know what to do, I mean the frieken prince of monaco came up to their table and was having a conversation with them and inviting their daughter to go out and I guess her dad didnt know what else to do but drink..

oh no, she just thoguht it was really cool, she didnt have plans to tell anybody but people here, which this is small town America.....but i dont know if i was supposed to say anything or not, but I did, i just thought it was interesting...
Old 05-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are two more nice pics of Albert yesterday, especially the first one..

Prince Albert of Monaco puts on lip balm before watching the final match between Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia and Jelena Jankovic of Serbia at the Italian Open tennis tournament in Rome May, 20, 2007. REUTERS:

Albert 1
Albert 2
Old 05-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Nobility

I don't think he knows how to match. Those colors (together) are whack!

Ani
Old 05-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower

Prince Albert of Monaco puts on lip balm before watching the final match between Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia and Jelena Jankovic of Serbia at the Italian Open tennis tournament in Rome May, 20, 2007. REUTERS:

Albert 1
Albert 2
That HAT is "whack" - couldn't he have found a more appropriate hat?!
Old 05-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Serene Highness

Smile Glistening Seas

w-h-o-a-h, hey cool hat oh-umm the colors are "not bad " at all i'd say. however french cuffs are "really" nice definetly one of my favorites. any OpiNIons on this. well, i "must say" all those nice smileys are all just so great i really have a hard time picking only one. oops typo's (don't you just hate when that happens) any OpInIons on this?? btw i like this pic so much i just 'had" to save it because it's really nice.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:58 PM

Wow! I really like the hat. Prince Albert looks great in it.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower

Albert 1
Albert 2
haha - the first picture made me think of Napoleon Dynamite. I can imagine Prince Albert calling the palace and saying "can you bring me my chapstick, my lips hurt real bad!"

I apologize to those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about.

I would say the lip balm picture should go in the "just like us" thread, but I won't go there.....
Old 05-22-2007, 08:08 AM
Serene Highness

Glistening Seas

oh the colors are very "nice" it's a great color contrast for his complexion. i like the red band on the hat it's quite cool. the man has an impeccable taste in clothes it's one of his most notable qualities about him. I'd say his father taught him well, because he and his dad have always had "great taste" in clothes. Personally, i'd like to see him wearing "more" cowboy hats it suits him well, it's where he looks most relaxed and comfortable and most at his relaxed self's best. i haven't seen too many pics of napoleon to see if he does resemble him although i hear he is a descendent of napoleon. Any OpInions on this.??
Old 05-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glistening Seas
oh the colors are very "nice" it's a great color contrast for his complexion. i like the red band on the hat it's quite cool. the man has an impeccable taste in clothes it's one of his most notable qualities about him. I'd say his father taught him well, because he and his dad have always had "great taste" in clothes. Personally, i'd like to see him wearing "more" cowboy hats it suits him well, it's where he looks most relaxed and confortable and most at his relaxed self's best. i haven't seen too many pics of napoleon to see if he does resemble him although i hear he is a descendent of napoleon. Any OpInions on this.??
I don't know about Napoleon but he takes after the Douglas Hamilton side. I know people are going to say the Kelly side but let me assure you he does have feature's from the Scottish side.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glistening Seas
oh the colors are very "nice" it's a great color contrast for his complexion. i like the red band on the hat it's quite cool. the man has an impeccable taste in clothes it's one of his most notable qualities about him. I'd say his father taught him well, because he and his dad have always had "great taste" in clothes. Personally, i'd like to see him wearing "more" cowboy hats it suits him well, it's where he looks most relaxed and comfortable and most at his relaxed self's best. i haven't seen too many pics of napoleon to see if he does resemble him although i hear he is a descendent of napoleon. Any OpInions on this.??
I think Lea was referring to the movie Napoleon Dynamite not Napoleon the historical figure. It was a movie out a few years ago. I believe it was an Australian film but it became almost a cult classic with the teen set here in the US. I don't think there were an "name" stars in it. I think the lead actor is named Jon Head? Not sure as I only saw parts of it.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:54 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra65
I think Lea was referring to the movie Napoleon Dynamite not Napoleon the historical figure. It was a movie out a few years ago. I believe it was an Australian film but it became almost a cult classic with the teen set here in the US. I don't think there were an "name" stars in it. I think the lead actor is named Jon Head? Not sure as I only saw parts of it.
Thanks libra65! Yes, Jon Heder played Napoleon Dynamite. Actually it was popular with more than the teen set, I'm by no means a teen!

I'm sorry to bring up a reference that many don't get - I won't do that again.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Majesty

Prince Albert's making an ecological act in southern France. In the Parc de Mercantour at the Vignols hamlet close to Roubion, Prince Albert takes part in a Langermeir release in order to send them back to their natural environment. The Langermeir are 3 month years old. One male, Roca, and one female Fontvieille was born in Austria.

Gallery

Old 05-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
More pics at:
Master Photo Milano - Servizi 2007
Old 05-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
Thanks for posting a link to the pictures, Tosca. They're better than some of the other - clearer, not better. I loved the caption:

Quote:
Two birds of three months, Fontvielle (female) and Rocca (male) have been installed in their place of re-introduction by Her Majesty Prince Albert II with the authorities of Mercantour, as well as some political personalities from the neighbourhood
Old 05-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Nobility

Great pictures!! Thanks to all who posted. Agreed. the caption was hilarious.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
You know, we live in a republic, so many of us are not familiar with noble titles...:)
Old 05-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
You know, we live in a republic, so many of us are not familiar with noble titles...:)
Yes, but I know the Italians can tell the difference between boys & girls. (HIS or Her majesty).
Old 05-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Serene Highness

Red face Glistening Seas

oh well, these guys look like they are having the time of their lives, even with lugging all that heavy stuff. i must say they look like a fun bunch to have been around. was the animal extinct. the creature is huge to say the least for a 3 month old. even though most of us don't consider these animals anything at top of the "cuddly" list to say the least, they play such a vital role in the food chain that they just can't be ignored. the animal seemed so tame in the hands of PA and those guys handling them it's almost hard to think of these creatures morbidly. you know i wonder if those guys could resist the urge to go cave exploring although from seeing the smiles on these guys it seems like they looked so at ease and completely in their environment.