HSH Prince Albert Current Events 20 : Oct.2006 - Dec.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbhrc

Majesty
City
*Ruhrgebiet*
Country
Germany
Welcome to Part 20 of the thread to discuss the current events of HSH Prince Albert. Always remember to name the source of your pics and please take a look at this thread: Photo Agencies and Copyright Violations

You can find the old thread here.

Happy Posting!

Prince Albert II of Monaco during his visit to the International Monaco trade fair at Fontvieille in Monaco, Wenesday 18 October 2006. The International Monaco trade fairtakes place from 14 - 22 October 2006.

from terra

53bd1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks interesting, but not very busy (private visit?). Who's the man looking suspiciously at the photographer? (Top pic, on the right?). Anyone knows?

He must be buying material for the wedding gown of his beloved. :wub:

The man in the picture with PA examining the cloth is Stephane Valeri, President of the National Counsel.

Ghislaine said:
Looks interesting, but not very busy (private visit?). Who's the man looking suspiciously at the photographer? (Top pic, on the right?). Anyone knows?
that would be Stephane Valerie, president of the parliament and at present under major political attack. His company is also the organizer of the fair. And the reason he looks so suspiciously to the photographer is probably because he is unsure of whether his toupee is still in the right spot ;) or whether one of his political adversaries is lurking in the back of the stand :lol: . In any case he has every reason to think the worst of any journalist near him. His position is not very safe and elections are not that far away. But a lot of people would love to see him step down from what I gathered from the press.

Donna said:
he seems to be the only one interested in the fabric as well (apart from the seller)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lynda and Paca, thank you for your quick replies.:flowers:
Donna:
Nah, he wants to buy some for himself: silk undies or long nightshirts and nightcaps with bobbles on the end. :ohmy:

Oops, he was getting married, I forgot. It is white fabric, so maybe a wedding dress after all....:ermm:

Albert looks quite slender standing next to Mr. Valerie.;)

Donna,
I had exactly the same thought you did...tongue in cheek though.

Stellad

Can we assume the official cars are being changed to the Lexus hybrid?

I have feeling that Albert decided to change all official cars to greener ones,hybrid versions of them.

Your are welcome, Ghislaine.

Thanks for the site TBHRC. I can get a better sense of what the trade fair is all about. It remains me a little of the Flee Market in Secaucus, New Jersey (USA). The difference is the International Trade Fair is more upscale. If something like this was sponsored in my area, I would browse all day long.:) I love these types of exhibits.

The material is beautiful PA is inquiring about. It looks like it might be some type of raw silk or organza fabric. It is hard to tell from the picture, but it is very beautiful cloth.

Thanks for sharing.

Since the Prince Rainier's death, Prince Albert II of Monaco has decided to change all the monegasque official cars. Monaco, Wenesday October 18, 2006
Why do I get the feeling they're confused? Apart from the typo, they've thrown the sportel event, the Trade fair, the new cars and the Ramoge treaty all together.:wacko: And they're messing up the dates as well: 18 Oct, 16 Oct and 9 May. Someone must be suffering from caffeine-withdrawal. ;)

Last edited:
Ghislaine, after reading your post, I went back to read the captions on both sets of photos. The fabric PA was examining turned out to be a cashmere scarf. :lol: Imaginations went wild including mines...:ROFLMAO:

I saw the date of 5/9/05 in the second set of pictures full view. It must be excerpts from another article concerning PA decision to change official cars. All of the dates are a bit confusing..

lynda said:
Ghislaine, after reading your post, I went back to read the captions on both sets of photos. The fabric PA was examining turned out to be a cashmere scarf. :lol: Imaginations went wild including mines...:ROFLMAO:

Oh, yes! :lol: :lol: :lol: A rich imagination is able sooooooooo enrich :ROFLMAO: our life. Incredibly!!! :flowers:

lynda
I saw the date of 5/9/05 in the second set of pictures full view. It must be excerpts from another article concerning PA decision to change official cars. All of the dates are a bit confusing..
Yep, and to make matters worse: in post 196 in the previous current events thread, it seems to me is another of those car pictures. Here they seem to suggest that it is Albert arriving at the Sportel event. Go figure...:ermm:

There is Monaco Media Forum in Monte Carlo these days. And I read somewhere it was intiated by Albert. Here is article that prince Albert received traditional Arabian sword from CEO of Tejari, Dubai's telecommunication comapany.
http://www.ameinfo.com/99637.html

The Tejari Company’s CEO presented Prince Albert with a gold dipped Arabian sword inscribed ‘In the race for excellence, there is no finish line’. This is a very motivating inscription. A very interesting article, thanks for sharing.:)

Caption : "Prince Albert II and guests at the opening of Monaco Oktoberfest at Cafe du Paris, Monaco - 21.10.06"

(WENN)

Slovak President Ivan Gasparovic (L) and Prince Albert II of Monaco arrive for a meeting at the presidental palace in Bratislava 24 October 2006. AFP PHOTO / Samuel Kubani

from anp

fanletizia said:
Slovak President Ivan Gasparovic (L) and Prince Albert II of Monaco arrive for a meeting at the presidental palace in Bratislava 24 October 2006. AFP PHOTO / Samuel Kubani

from anp
What are they meeting about? Is it just to establish diplomatic relations?

Warsaw, POLAND: Prince Albert II of Monaco (L) listens to Polish President Lech Kaczynski during their meeting at the Presidential Palace in Warsaw, 25 October 2006. AFP PHOTO / WOJTEK RADWANSKI

from getty

Our fair prince seems to be spending a good deal of time in Eastern Europe these days doesn't he?

libra65 said:
Our fair prince seems to be spending a good deal of time in Eastern Europe these days doesn't he?

Interesting isn't it?

Could there be something else going on over there?

Ok: maybe nothing, just work.:flowers:

Thanks for all the new pics guys, Albert looks good .

He might be trying to drum up support for Monaco within the EU. These countries could have 'clean' business opportunities.

Ann

Suonymona said:
He might be trying to drum up support for Monaco within the EU. These countries could have 'clean' business opportunities.

Ann

I like that idea. It's nice to see him working for his people. I agree with those who say he looks good in these pictures. He seems to be relaxed. It's almost as if he has grown more comfortable with his role. Thinking positive thought for him and Monaco.:)

Glistening Seas

:) h-e-l-l-o everyone. well isn't PA looking great. does he have a position of something more than a new member at the EU :blush: :innocent: also at the UN as well it seems like he speaks there or do they all have to speak in turns or how does that work. it seems like he addresses the Un more regularly. maybe someone out there whom has a little bit more knowledge about how that functions could shed a little light on this topics for us newbie's .:blush: :angel: :)

lynda said:
Ghislaine, after reading your post, I went back to read the captions on both sets of photos. The fabric PA was examining turned out to be a cashmere scarf. :lol: Imaginations went wild including mines...:ROFLMAO: ..
It is very easy to make a tube wedding dress out of scarves, which is obviously her favorite style and since it is a winter wedding what fabric is more perfect than cashmere. :wub: Love is definitely in the air. I can't wait for the announcement, when was it supposed to be, oh October 18th, humm, well it will probably be November 18th, or December 18th or January 18th or ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom