HSH Prince Albert Current Events 20 : Oct.2006 - Dec.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Albert fires top aides

November 03 2006

Monaco - Monaco's Prince Albert II on Friday fired two top aides after a year-long power struggle among members of his entourage.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...51962 355B255
progress.gif

Last edited:
Here is a nice article of 2006 World Athletics Gala being hosted in Monaco

2006 World Athletics Gala, the highlight of a busy weekend in Monaco
The eyes of the athletics world will be on the Principality of Monaco next weekend, Sunday November 12th. Honorary President HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco and IAF & IAAF President Lamine Diack will be hosted at the Salle des Etoiles Sporting Club. The highlight of the evening will of course be the announcement of the Male and Female World Athletes of the Year, with the winners being announced live on stage.

http://www.iaaf.org/news/Kind=512/newsId=36709.html

Prince Albert seems interested in psychology, psychiatry. He is a member of the board of Directors of Anthropaideia, non-profit organization promoting Science of Well-Being. For example they encourage close contact with nature as the way to find self-awarness. It remindes Albert's trip to the forest last October... :) ;) The board of directors consits of people with MD or PhD titles. Albert seems the only politician in their group. I did not know he was interested in psychology so much. :)

here is the link to article
http://sev.prnewswire.com/health-car...6112006-1.html

Lakshmi said:
Prince Albert seems interested in psychology, psychiatry. He is a member of the board of Directors of Anthropaideia, non-profit organization promoting Science of Well-Being. For example they encourage close contact with nature as the way to find self-awarness. It remindes Albert's trip to the forest last October... :) ;) The board of directors consits of people with MD or PhD titles. Albert seems the only politician in their group. I did not know he was interested in psychology so much. :)

...Sounds very promising ;)

Lakshmi said:

gsm said:
Al Gore regal bearing? You have to be kidding! The guy has no neck! Granted, Prince Albert's insecurity often shows through but Al Gore is the anti royal...unless you are thinking of Jabba the Hut and his clan...:lol: :lol: :lol:

GSM, I am afraid you did not understand what I meant saying about regal bearing. I was referring exactly to the concrete pic (unf. it does not open now), i.e. how Al Gor looked there next to Albert - I wrote about his eyes expression and posture and it does not have any connection to his political views or neck (waist) girth :)

The questions concerning the article was not directed for my point of view, but here is my opinion on the matter…:)

IMO, the National Day celebration is coming soon, what better reason to start the gossip/hoopla about Charlene and Prince Albert all over again.:rolleyes: The media knows as much as we do which is little or nothing.:unsure:

If Charlene is invited, it only means Prince Albert invited her to share in the festivities. Until he makes an announcement regarding the seriousness of their relationship, it is business as usual.

I put little faith in these rags because they are known to plant seeds in people’s minds. We have been down this road before only to end up in a ditch.

I have learned from past experiences, pictures are posted at certain intervals for reasons only the media or photo sites care to envision. This is their way of preparing viewers for articles they post only to get their attention. Most of the time, the articles are not accurate.

Currently, there have not been any pictures surfacing the internet or media. You can make certain, next week there will be plenty of photos circulating with all sorts of inaccurate captions. Until Prince Albert changes his decision of not marrying now or the near future, they are only friends.

I think before we start speculating again, let’s be patient and see what happens.:)

Last edited:
lynda said:
The questions concerning the article was not directed for my point of view, but here is my opinion on the matter…:)

IMO, the National Day celebration is coming soon, what better reason to start the gossip/hoopla about Charlene and Prince Albert all over again.:rolleyes: The media knows as much as we do which is little or nothing.:unsure:

If Charlene is invited, it only means Prince Albert invited her to share in the festivities. Until he makes an announcement regarding the seriousness of their relationship, it is business as usual.
Thanks Lynda. I kind of thought it was just a way to sell magazines. The Grimaldis are known to use the press when it suits them, and this will give them press for National Day.

Last edited by a moderator:
hibou said:
Thanks Lynda. I kind of thought it was just a way to sell magazines. The Grimaldis are known to use the press when it suits them, and this will give them press for National Day.
but that would mean that they would have actually asked for that article, wouldn't it? And I don't think that Albert wants people to talk too much about either topic.

paca said:
but that would mean that they would have actually asked for that article, wouldn't it? And I don't think that Albert wants people to talk too much about either topic.

Maybe his PR people are still on the wrong path?

hibou said:
Maybe his PR people are still on the wrong path?
well, in that case I'd say he probably fired the wrong person.;)

paca said:

I don't think they directly asked for the article b/c the Palace doesn't comment on Albert's relationships. Allegedly. They may have fed some info to the press in a roundabout "sources close to the Palace" way. (I still see someone with a laptop sitting near the Palace reading this website.) Any press is good press and it may add to the "Albert's cleaning house and getting serious" tone they are trying to set.

pinklady1991 said:
I don't think they directly asked for the article b/c the Palace doesn't comment on Albert's relationships. Allegedly. They may have fed some info to the press in a roundabout "sources close to the Palace" way. (I still see someone with a laptop sitting near the Palace reading this website.) Any press is good press and it may add to the "Albert's cleaning house and getting serious" tone they are trying to set.
Well, it doesn't seem to be working though, since people are joking about the need of installing a revolving door at the principal door to be used by staff and girlfriends only. I'd love to hear the gist of the part about the leaving staff in that article and wether it is any different to what has officially made known. If he was cleaning house, then M Bianceri as well as M Valery would have to seize playing a role in the political life of the principality, but the opposite is the case. They get the well known Monaco treatment. The only difference to be for is that now it's Albert's friends that receive it, before it was Rainier's. Apart from that inside, nothing has changed much.

paca said:
Well, it doesn't seem to be working though, since people are joking about the need of installing a revolving door at the principal door to be used by staff and girlfriends only. I'd love to hear the gist of the part about the leaving staff in that article and wether it is any different to what has officially made known. If he was cleaning house, then M Bianceri as well as M Valery would have to seize playing a role in the political life of the principality, but the opposite is the case. They get the well known Monaco treatment. The only difference to be for is that now it's Albert's friends that receive it, before it was Rainier's. Apart from that inside, nothing has changed much.

I can't get a copy of the article until Monday or Tuesday when it finally arrives at the newsstand in my corner of the world... I'll let you know when I find out anything.

pinklady1991 said:
I can't get a copy of the article until Monday or Tuesday when it finally arrives at the newsstand in my corner of the world... I'll let you know when I find out anything.

Let us know what you think -you must have better luck in the Boston area. I can never find it where I am. I have to depend on everyone else's views of this mag. Will be interesting!

pinklady1991 said:
Well, I suppose I could go and buy it, but I don't really want to waste my money on it (unlike some people here who were reading it on the streets..., maybe I should ask them;) )

Monaco 10 EME MARATHON DE MONACO EN PRESENCE DU PRINCE ALBERT II Prince Albert II gave the departure of the 10th Marathon of Monaco from a balcony just above the starting line. 12.11.2006 - You can see more at Deadline.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Thanks for all the pics guys he does look a little sad wonder whats wrong,

paca said:
Well, I suppose I could go and buy it, but I don't really want to waste my money on it (unlike some people here who were reading it on the streets..., maybe I should ask them;) )

Wonder if these are the same "sources close to the Palace?" I try to just hang out and read it at the newsstand at Harvard but the owner gets a little suspicious... Then again, maybe my sudden case of the flu is saving me a little $$ with the holidays coming up.

pinklady1991 said:
Wonder if these are the same "sources close to the Palace?" I try to just hang out and read it at the newsstand at Harvard but the owner gets a little suspicious... Then again, maybe my sudden case of the flu is saving me a little $$ with the holidays coming up.

It would be wonderful if you could spend alittle time at the newstand and see what it says. I would love to get your insight. I tend to do that do with the Paris Match but we don't get many of the others. Actually at Borders they have a coffee bar so it's easy to sit down and look at them without buying (the mag not the coffee) Keep us posted Pink!

Prince Albert and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales visited the Poundbury development on the edge of Dorchester.

Link to the pictures from getty.

Thanks for the pics Avalon. It looks like a nice housing developement of brick construction.

Avalon said:
Prince Albert and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales visited the Poundbury development on the edge of Dorchester.
Interesting.... I wonder if Prince Albert was there to get advice. And if Prince Charles would tell him not to go for the young, correct age for child-bearing wife but to go for someone he could actually live with.

Last edited by a moderator:
lea said:
Avalon said:

Interesting.... I wonder if Prince Albert was there to get advice. And if Prince Charles would tell him not to go for the young, correct age for child-bearing wife but to go for someone he could actually live with.

Wouldn't that be good news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom