HSH Prince Albert Current Events 15 : Jan.2006 - Feb.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing looks soooo set up that it really makes me laugh. Makes me wonder what will happen if we provide him with a sofa; will he jump up and down like Tom Cruise?

You will know if she is the one when she is "outed" by the Queen of England, until I see her face next to QEII then she is game.

from getty:
PRAGELATO, ITALY - FEBRUARY 12: Prince Albert of Monaco waits at the medal ceremony to distribute the medals from the Normal Hill Individual Ski Jumping Final on Day 2 of the 2006 Turin Winter Olympic Games on February 12, 2006 in Pragelato, Italy. (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 56832638.jpg
    56832638.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 291
getty:
SESTRIERE BORGATA, ITALY - FEBRUARY 12: Swimmer Charlene Wittstock (R) and Prince Albert II of Monaco are seen at the Mens Downhill Alpine Skiing Final on Day 2 of the 2006 Turin Winter Olympic Games on February 12, 2006 in Sestriere Borgata, Italy. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 56830496.jpg
    56830496.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 327
  • 56830590.jpg
    56830590.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 312
  • 56830594.jpg
    56830594.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 341
  • 56830692.jpg
    56830692.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 315
  • 56830823.jpg
    56830823.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 294
  • 56830872.jpg
    56830872.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 352
  • 56831291.jpg
    56831291.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 306
from ANP:
Prince Albert of Monaco presenting medals after the NH Ski Jumping final competition at the Turin 2006 Winter Olymipc Games, Pragelato, Sunday 12 February 2006 EPA/KAY NIETFELD

Attachments

• 2384097.jpg
    2384097.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 285
  • 2384105.jpg
    2384105.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 309
Oh dear, now we are wearing partnerlook. Now that is what I call overdoing it a little.

paca said:
Oh dear, now we are wearing partnerlook. Now that is what I call overdoing it a little.

Paca...have you seen her around Monaco before the Olympics? About the matching hats, well, as I've said above, puppy love can make people do silly things.

By the way, you mentioned something about CW not being able to "survive" the environment in Monaco. Is it really just a pool of "sharks" out there?

Cheers!

rarotonga said:
Paca...have you seen her around Monaco before the Olympics? About the matching hats, well, as I've said above, puppy love can make people do silly things.

By the way, you mentioned something about CW not being able to "survive" the environment in Monaco. Is it really just a pool of "sharks" out there?

Cheers!
Nope, never seen her around. When she was here on competion, you usually don't see people until after, if you happen to go to Jimmyz. Otherwise, they are being chaufeured from hotel to pool and back and that's about all they see. The athletes usually jog around a bit, but swimmers go to the stadium and back to the hotel.

As to surviving here, I think she would have a hard time being taken seriously ( a lot of people don't take Steph seriously btw), especially seeing the age difference, she would be seen as his little toy girl and it would also harm PA in his attempt to turn things around here. As a head of state, he is just doing a lot of damage to himself and anihilating a lot of what he has achieved in the last few months. Nothing wrong with a little fun, but I think he is starting to make himself look rather ridiculous for a woman considerably younger then himself. I know a lot of men his age do this, but I think he needs to be more careful. Nobody thinks about it twice when he is 28 and the CP. But now he is 48 and the ruling prince and I am sure there are a lot of eyebrows being raised here right now. An indicator might be, that the local paper did not show a single pic of PA and CW at the olympics. Actually I don't think they showed him at all yet, but I need to varify that.

I just hope she is worth it.

I wouldn't be offended if PA married Charlene. I don't really like the name but she can certainly be trained to be a princess. She can be taught to behave in a conservative, dignified way. Maybe adopt a smile that's more serene and wear elegant "princess" clothes. She has the body for it. I think she has potential. The age difference can be overcome if she seems mature. If they do get married, I hope it's done quietly. Like for instance we wake up to our morning news and - surprise! PA has gotten married! That would be cool.

paca said:
Nope, never seen her around. When she was here on competion, you usually don't see people until after, if you happen to go to Jimmyz. Otherwise, they are being chaufeured from hotel to pool and back and that's about all they see. The athletes usually jog around a bit, but swimmers go to the stadium and back to the hotel.

As to surviving here, I think she would have a hard time being taken seriously ( a lot of people don't take Steph seriously btw), especially seeing the age difference, she would be seen as his little toy girl and it would also harm PA in his attempt to turn things around here. As a head of state, he is just doing a lot of damage to himself and anihilating a lot of what he has achieved in the last few months. Nothing wrong with a little fun, but I think he is starting to make himself look rather ridiculous for a woman considerably younger then himself. I know a lot of men his age do this, but I think he needs to be more careful. Nobody thinks about it twice when he is 28 and the CP. But now he is 48 and the ruling prince and I am sure there are a lot of eyebrows being raised here right now. An indicator might be, that the local paper did not show a single pic of PA and CW at the olympics. Actually I don't think they showed him at all yet, but I need to varify that.

I just hope she is worth it.

With the above being said, don't you think PA's new PR lady should advise him on what is best for himself and for Monaco?
:)

lal said:
With the above being said, don't you think PA's new PR lady should advise him on what is best for himself and for Monaco?
:)
You can advise as much as you like, if people don't want to listen. (and if you get too much on their nerves about it, you get fired) And I doubt that he asked her first for permission. She'll just have to try and fix things later. Maybe she managed to have the local paper to not print the pics (since it is partly owned by PA not too much of a prob.They might have done it on their own though) in order to stop too much gossip till next weeks yellow press comes out. All she can do know is try and divert attention. And btw it is his job to know what is best for him and Monaco and her job to put it in the best light and have it sparkle.

Laviollette said:
I wouldn't be offended if PA married Charlene. I don't really like the name but she can certainly be trained to be a princess. She can be taught to behave in a conservative, dignified way. Maybe adopt a smile that's more serene and wear elegant "princess" clothes. She has the body for it. I think she has potential. The age difference can be overcome if she seems mature.

I dunno about that. . .she doesn't seem very regal to me judging those pics on the previous 2 pages. She doesn't seem mature to me, either, and this has nothing to do with her age. A 21 year old can be mature. She seems very starry-eyed and caught up in the moment of being with PA--which one can totally understand, but maybe she should reserve some of her excitement?

I just watched the DVD "Grace Kelly: American Princess" and Grace had a certain something even before she became a princess. There was an air about how she carried herself that Charlene doesn't have. I think when PA meets "the one" he'll woo her in a respectful manner like Ranier did Grace. I dunno, to me, the PDAs scream "this is my gal of the moment."

Even though these women are few and far between, do you all agree that PA will marry a woman like his mother in terms of grace, elegance and style?

Hi everyone, i have never posted anything but i could not help myself this time. It seems to me that no one ever wants to believe it when PA does something, like when NC went public and most people in this forum kept saying it could not be true. Well that turned out to be true. So it is possible that this woman and PA could be it. About the age difference, judging from his past relations or people he has been linked to, chances are that whoever he does end with will probably be in her 20s. I think he is trying to prepare people by showing up with her in public so I would not be suprised if he does announce an engagement soon. Especially now that he knows the whole world is watching him after what happened last year. He is now a head of state and i don't think he is going to be just parading with a different woman every other day. So all the ladies who were still hoping, this might just be it.

paca said:

As to surviving here, I think she would have a hard time being taken seriously (a lot of people don't take Steph seriously btw), especially seeing the age difference, she would be seen as his little toy girl and it would also harm PA in his attempt to turn things around here...An indicator might be, that the local paper did not show a single pic of PA and CW at the olympics. Actually I don't think they showed him at all yet, but I need to varify that.

My apologies for the edits, Paca.

LadyM, to answer an earlier question: I googled CW and found the article from '01. Probably just luck that I found it.

I have to agree with what Paca said in an earlier posting: we just have to wait and see and he is an adult with no one else to answer to (except the gov't of France and then it is just to notify them that he intends to get married) -- it's good to be sovereign prince. Oh, and paca, please pray no more couches...no more jumping...or his PR woman will jump out a window.;)

If you google PA & CW, there is little or no press outside of South Africa. And if you look at everything we've been able to dig up on the two, nothing really seems to make sense. I love fairy tales as much as the next person, and I'd love to see someone whose vision and sense of purpose I greatly admire, be truly happy. That being said, not that I have the most logical mind, but I've got a few questions.

1. As Paca pointed out earlier: if they were a couple, where was she at the avenement, the intronisation, the circus, and the celebration around St. Devote? If he were trying to test run her as princess, you'd think he'd do it in a friendlier environment (MC) where he could have some control over the press. Unless they have been the souls of discretion for the past few months, something was orchestrated w/in the past month or so. I don't want to sound completely cynical, but after five years with no indication there is a relationship, suddenly you're on vacation in front of the whole world with someone?

2. The age difference: PA needs a wife who can have children. He obviously is going to be looking for someone at the most 10 years younger than himself (then again, after age 35, Clomid is a girl's best friend). Have to admit, yes I am a prude, but 20 years is a lot of difference. Let's put this in perspective, she was born during his freshman year at Amherst. The ewww factor at work here... When they were clowning around in the stands with the flashlight, it just struck me as something he would have done to amuse his younger nieces and nephews. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Just something I noticed.

3. The South Africa visit: He was opening a consulate there and PA has always had an interest in charitable works in Africa. Could be that while he was there, her "people" organized a meeting with an IOC member to help with her bid for the Beijing Games. She'll be 30 then, she's been sidelined with an injury, support from a VP of the IOC (who was smitten with her in the past) could be helpful in getting the sponsorships she needs to compete on that level. He may have a soft spot for "older" athletes at the Games. I'd like to believe that perhaps there was some romantic undertones, but something doesn't seem right, particularly if his PR people know they've been photographed by every paparazzi in Europe. You'd think they would want to be the ones to break the story in order to control it, unlike what happened with NC and having a media frenzy focused on something other than PA's agenda for MC. True, any press is good press, but if the relationship doesn't last, you've got more speculation about PA's love life than his intentions as a leader (and PA has great potential to motivate/influence the next generation on issues such as the environment, sports as a means of global understanding, and charitable works/investments in the Third World).

4. The kiss on the hand: Wildly romantic. Makes me weak in the knees. Really. But it seems to me that our beloved Prince is the type of guy who is in love with the idea of being in love. (Yes, I find that attractive too.) Italy, mountains, snow, pretty girl, distanced from every day pressures...well, who wouldn't get a little carried away.

5. Matching outfits: a mistake if you're dating, a mistake if you've been married for 50 years. 'nuff said. I've said that as part of Paca and my plans for takeover, there is a fashion update coming. :D

Now, I'm sure I'll take more grief for this statement than Pres. Bush did for his "aid" for Hurricane Katrina victims. Didn't mean to offend anyone, just my thoughts. And if I'm wrong, and he waltzes her down the aisle, I'll gladly accept any and all punishments.

Last edited:
BurberryBrit said:
I dunno about that. . .she doesn't seem very regal to me judging those pics on the previous 2 pages. She doesn't seem mature to me, either, and this has nothing to do with her age. A 21 year old can be mature. She seems very starry-eyed and caught up in the moment of being with PA--which one can totally understand, but maybe she should reserve some of her excitement?

I just watched the DVD "Grace Kelly: American Princess" and Grace had a certain something even before she became a princess. There was an air about how she carried herself that Charlene doesn't have. I think when PA meets "the one" he'll woo her in a respectful manner like Ranier did Grace. I dunno, to me, the PDAs scream "this is my gal of the moment."

Even though these women are few and far between, do you all agree that PA will marry a woman like his mother in terms of grace, elegance and style?

I agree, Burberry, she is starry-eyed. Perhaps she is in love with the prince rather than the man. And I agree with you about Princess Grace's grace and elegance. There will never be another person like her and I hope everyone will understand that when and if PA marries although that is doubtful.

BurberryBrit said:

Yes, she does seem eager and starry-eyed nor does she have Princess Grace's regal bearing. But we may not get that quality in the next Princess of Monaco. On that score, PA has been a disappointment in the women he dates. :(

The focus on a particular princess may shift to another country like Denmark. Remember when Princess Diana came on the scene it basically put the princesses of Monaco on the back burner and Diana became the ideal princess. I don't think PA has to find a wife who is blonde or an actress or as beautiful as Grace. I do wish he would find someone with a sense of duty and yes, with grace and elegance. But judging by what we've seen over the last 15 years I don't think he's going to pull that off. But still, she has potential.

Last edited:
paca said:
You can advise as much as you like, if people don't want to listen. (and if you get too much on their nerves about it, you get fired) And I doubt that he asked her first for permission. She'll just have to try and fix things later. Maybe she managed to have the local paper to not print the pics (since it is partly owned by PA not too much of a prob.They might have done it on their own though) in order to stop too much gossip till next weeks yellow press comes out. All she can do know is try and divert attention. And btw it is his job to know what is best for him and Monaco and her job to put it in the best light and have it sparkle.

I agree with you on that PA should know what is best for himself, but at the same time one may not always truly know what is best. That is when his PR lady can come into play and just advise him of the pros and cons of his choices. That should be part of her job to make sure PA is seen "in the best light and that he does sparkle". :)

Here are some pics without watermarks - from Eastnews

noyfcz.jpg
noyfe1.jpg
noyfeg.jpg
noyff7.jpg
noyfih.jpg
noyfj4.jpg
noyfjk.jpg

BurberryBrit said:
What the DVD is about? All about Grace? Do they have the videos from the wedding of Grace & Rainier??

Laviollette said:
Yes, she does seem eager and starry-eyed nor does she have Princess Grace's regal bearing. But we may not get that quality in the next Princess of Monaco. On that score, PA has been a disappointment in the women he dates. :(

the biggest dissapointment is the number of women he has dated.

i think its really immature of him to act all crazy and in love at the opening ceremony an event where, whether its on his official calendar or not, he is representing his country. if he were 20 it would be one thing but he should really act his age. its fine for him to go frolick on private beaches with his flavor of the month, but i think its just embarrassing for him to do that at a large international event in the presence of other dignitaries.

suPeRgiRL! said:
What the DVD is about? All about Grace? Do they have the videos from the wedding of Grace & Rainier??

Yes, it is a biography about Grace. They talk about her childhood, her parents, how she started modelling then became an actress. It was a good biography. They mentioned hre having affairs at 23 with 2 of her married costars that I hope wasn't true. . . They show some footage from both the cival ceremony and the wedding. They also show her journey by boat from America to Monaco, which was cool to see. Grace seemed a bit nervous!

My favorite part is how they talk about how she and Ranier met: she had already finished shooting her film To Catch a Thief, but was returning to the south of France for the Cannes film festival. He wanted to do a photoshoot with her, but she didn't think she would have time. But after she heard thet he rearranged his schedule, she decided to go. He gave her a tour of the palace, and I guess the romance started! I love that they courted the old fashioned way: via letters across the ocean. He came to meet her parents in December, proposed, and that was that!

I got the DVD from the library, so check it out!

anp:

Monaco's Prince Albert II and guest attends the Ladies' snowboard Halfpipe competition on the third day of the Turin 2006 Winter Olympics 13 February 2006 in Bardonecchia, Italy. Imai fell and did not qualify for the finals. The Turin Winter Olympics officially opened 10 February setting the ball rolling on a 17-day festival of snow and ice sports. AFP PHOTO JOE KLAMAR

Attachments

• 2385232.jpg
    2385232.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 267
Has she truly commented on their relationship?

Alberto si butta con una nuotatrice

Al Sestriere flirta con la Wittstock

Tra le nevi del Sestriere Alberto di Monaco vince la medaglia d'oro del gossip. Il principe, che, nonostante i suoi 48 anni, ha un debole per le donne giovani e sportive, si è fatto notare tra il pubblico di Torino 2006 con Charlene Wittstock, 27enne nuotatrice del Sudafrica. Per "La Stampa", è la sua nuova fidanzata e potrebbe farlo capitolare. Ma Charlene smentisce: "Niente matrimonio. Sono concentrata sulle Olimpiadi del 2008".
Ad accomunare Alberto e Charlene è una sana, irrefrenabile passione per lo sport. Il principe infatti ha gareggiato per anni come bobbista della squadra di Monaco, mentre la ragazza nuota con i colori del Sudafrica e, al momento, si sta preparando alle Olimpiadi di Pechino del 2008. Chi li ha visti assistere divertiti alle competizioni non ha esitato a definirli "fidanzati". Ma Charlene ha smentito le nozze e Alberto, appena uscito dallo scandalo di un figlio illegittimo, ci ha abituato ai suoi exploit sentimentali.

Modelle e bellezze dello spettacolo si sono viste accanto a lui nel corso degli anni, ma il debole del reale restano le sportive. Al matrimonio è andato vicino venti anni fa con Mary Wayte, proprio una nuotatrice della nazionale brasiliana. E tra anni fa ha perso la testa per la 25enne texana Alicia Warlick, campionessa di salto con l'asta, somigliantissima a Grace. Che con Charlene, bionda, occhi azzurri e fisico da competizione, Alberto riesca a vincere finalemte la sua personale Olimpiadi?

http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/gossip/articoli/articolo296278.shtml

To give the gist of the article: she denies an upcomming wedding and says she is concentrating on the Olympics in Beijing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom