The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
One is shallow because you're judging people based on physicality which has nothing to do with personality and has no effect on the relationship unless you care about looks. Money and class on the other hand do have an effect on a relationship, and there's no getting around that.
If that's your view, you are entitled to it but I disagree. Judging people by the size of their bank account seems just as shallow to me as judging people based on their appearance.

Quote:
But relationships are not made based on things like looks and age and whether one partner has a child or not.
So being of totally different generations has nothing to do with a relationship, becoming a stepmother on your wedding day has no bearing on a relationship but being of the same social background and financial status does? God bless you, but I just can't accept that. Anyway, my point was not what their relationship was based on, my point was just what my opinion is based on as it concerns to what I would like for Charlotte -which is obviously not the same as what she wants.

This is all very subjective, I hope everyone can agree on that. Looks don't matter to me because I can't really judge what makes for a good looking man (just not wired that way) but the Grimaldi girls have gone with some drastically different men in terms of looks and one group never seemed to do better than another. Stephanie has gone with some 'regular joes' and it didn't work out, Caroline stuck to her own kind and married a prince and that didn't work out either. I was not a big fan of Princess Charlene when she was still just the girlfriend, but I've gotten used to her now and I really hope they beat the Grimaldi odds and have a long and happy marriage (*knocking wood*).

Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
If that's your view, you are entitled to it but I disagree. Judging people by the size of their bank account seems just as shallow to me as judging people based on their appearance.
Wow. You absolutely missed the point of what I was saying. Or maybe I'm just not expressing myself clearly. Alright. Let me break this down for you. I was offering an explanation for why Charlotte possibly hasn't dated someone from a vastly different socio-economic background:

a) She moves in circles that contain mostly wealthy people; and many people, not just her, meet romantic partners through friendships, whether they are direct friends or they meet through mutual friends.

b) She might have a fear of being exploited for her name and/or her fortune (which I admitted can happen with people from her own social class, so...)

I was trying to point out why Charlotte "might" have reservations about dating someone who might not be as wealthy as she is. It's hypothetical. I don't know why she dates the men that she dates, because I don't know her and I don't know them.

I get what you're saying about judging based on looks and money being shallow; but that only holds water if you're putting it in the context that Charlotte decides I'm not going to date anybody who is worth under $2 million or whatever, which, for someone you claim to adore, does not speak very highly of her. Anyway, I doubt she does that.

I do, however, think that she moves in certain circles that mainly contain men with a certain amount of money. Why does that make her shallow if she chooses to pair off with people within her main circle? Most people are guilty of that, rich, poor, middle-class, etc. You generally fall for people who you see on a regular or semi-regular basis--that means people who may have the same or similar jobs, go to the same school, or knows someone you know.

Of course I agree if one were to say, oh Joe S. only makes $5 a week, I can't possibly date him--that would be as shallow as not dating someone because he/she is so-called "ugly." But in Charlotte's case, each one of her boyfriends she has met through friends. It's just a little incredible that you expect her to date some guy who works at the post office.

Quote:
So being of totally different generations has nothing to do with a relationship, becoming a stepmother on your wedding day has no bearing on a relationship but being of the same social background and financial status does?
Perhaps, I should've used a different word: I meant relationships are not formed based on these things. It has become increasingly less and less taboo for not only younger women to date/marry older men, but for older women to date/marry younger men. I do agree that the generational gap can be jarring, confusing, and even gross on certain levels. Hugh Hefner springs immediately to mind. What I meant, was that it does not stop people from forming a relationship, be it fleeting or lasting. Money and class rarely stop people either, if it makes you feel any better.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:38 AM
Nobility

I'm starting to think you're doing this on purpose now. I very clearly and specifically said, in my very first post on this subject:
Quote:
And please, just let me say, let's not make this some sort of test in broad-mindedness or who is being more shallow than who. As if people finding Gad unattractive means that 'looks matter to them but they don't matter to Charlotte -that's not the true worth of a person' and so on. If Charlotte wanted to impress me in that area, date someone from the working class with less than a million dollars in the bank -I doubt that will ever happen and it doesn't make me think any less of her, so, I'd just rather not hear any of that sort of talk.
So don't you dare try to act like I've accused Charlotte of being "shallow" here for not dating postal workers. I only mentioned it in the first place only because of the 'holier than thou' attitude being displayed by some commentators that they could look beyond appearance and anyone who criticized Gad was just doing so because of his looks.

And it is blatantly obvious, this very couple being an example, that age or income is no barrier to forming relationships. I never said any such thing, nor did I imply such a thing. I said, in fact I repeated it again, maybe I'll just repeat it a third time:
Quote:
Anyway, my point was not what their relationship was based on, my point was just what my opinion is based on as it concerns to what I would like for Charlotte -which is obviously not the same as what she wants.
I never tried to set down any rules about who could do what with whom. I do adore Charlotte, as I do most all the Grimaldis, but that doesn't mean I have to approve of everything they do or everyone they date. I thought I made that clear, I thought I even cited examples but ... ah, whatever...

Old 05-18-2012, 03:32 AM
Administrator

Time to move on and to concentrate on the actual current events again! Thanks!
Old 05-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Royal Highness

She's in Cannes!

Charlotte Casiraghi Attends The Madagascar 3 Europes Most Charlotte Casiraghi Attends The Madagascar 3 Europes Most

Getty Images - Zoeken: prinses Charlotte Casiraghi
Old 05-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Courtier

Anyway, so happy that she's in Cannes! It's kind of odd that she would choose that premiere to go to...not that she can't watch animated films, I mean, I do. I just never would've pegged her for a Madagascar fan. Although Salma and her husband are there as well so it makes a little more sense. I love the dress though. Very elegant and she does the minimalistic look so well. And her hair is so gorgeous! The whole look is beautiful, but her posture kills me everytime.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Nobility

Escuse my question but why is she in Cannes to attend a premiere? Aren't the cast crew the only ones who are allowed to be on the redcarpet?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

My blog about Pauline
My channel about the Monaco princely family
Old 05-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Royal Highness

Gad is in Cannes too. I saw him during a photo-call.

And no, everyone with enough star allure is allowed onto the red carpets.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlotte is looking great here. I don't know how to say it, but she looks like a woman, not a teen like she uses to.
Btw, Andrea and Tatiana have attended in the past movie premieres in Cannes too. So yes, people with enough star power can go.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Courtier

I haven't seen Gad at all. I didn't think that he had a film opening at Cannes. It would be sweet if Charlotte turned up with him on the red carpet though. Do you remember which photocall it was, Empress?
Old 05-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Nobility

Ah okay! Did Gad lend his voice to one of the character of Madagascar?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

My blog about Pauline
My channel about the Monaco princely family
Old 05-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Courtier

I don't think so. And he wasn't at the photocall or the premiere. I don't think he's at Cannes, at least not now. I've been looking on wireimage and TFS and I haven't seen him. He might come later. Unless he's just doing a press conference or something right now, and the photos haven't been published yet, but they usually come in pretty quick.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Wonderful appearance in Cannes!

Here are some pics without watermarks:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** gettyimages/reuters/daylife gallery **

** purepeople: Cannes 2012 : La sublime Charlotte Casiraghi impressionne sur les marches **

** PHOTOS - Cannes 2012 : Leïla Bekhti vs Charlotte Casiraghi : combat d’aisance sur tapis rouge **
Old 05-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Courtier

Her hair and makeup are just flawless, particularly in the 5th and 6th pics.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

She looks great, wonderful hairdo!! Beautiful! Like a movie star!

I still don´t like her posture. She would look muhc better if she improved it.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte is at the premiere because the animals go to Monaco as part of the circus (in the film). AND because Gucci wants to show her off.

There is also an article in todays NY Times about Charlotte. They talked to Peter Lindberg and Stephan Bern.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Courtier

Wow. She looks gorgeous! Loving the hair and the jewelry. Just lovely. I assume she's wearing Gucci?
Old 05-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Aristocracy

Here's a respectable article about Charlotte. Looking good at Cannes, btw.

Good fashion day for the Grimaldi women.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/20/fa...ss&emc=rss
Old 05-19-2012, 12:57 AM
Serene Highness

Sugar, Frida Gianini and the CEO of Gucci are walking right behind her so I am guessing she's not wearing Chanel. Salma Hyack and her Gucci owning husband was also there. Also Virginie Couperie. See Pic 1 on post 274. Is that P Caroline to her right?
Old 05-19-2012, 06:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Cannes Film Festival 2012: Charlotte Casiraghi of Monaco dazzles on the red carpet | Mail Online

Tags
charlotte casiraghi, current events