Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 37: March 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she is dressed ok! I like it.
There is summer in Paris also! And she is going to have dinner in a summer terrace I dont' think they have any kind of dress code at the maison blanche.

oh please, its charlotte, she can wear whatever she wants and still be admitted, and still be stunning. enough said, she's fabulous she looks cool...and fun, carrying helmets too, biking around paris...summer in paris in <3 <3

I can´t get used to this couple, sorry, they don´t "match". But many couples don´t.

I'm glad Charlotte's happy. :) Gad seems to be a funny humourous guy, I like that. But in all honesty I hope this is just a phase Charlotte is going through, and that Gad is a transitional rebound guy until she meets the ONE.

In the meantime I say enjoy your youth, no hurry to settle down just yet, and have a great summer! :sun:

The Town and Country article said that Gucci is starting a small equestrian line of clothing in November.

I dislike what Charlotte wore. Is in Paris the weather cold? They don't wear summery clothing.

The lady walking right behind her was wearing a white summer dress. Maybe Paris was having hot weather at that time.

oh please, its charlotte, she can wear whatever she wants and still be admitted, and still be stunning. enough said, she's fabulous she looks cool...and fun, carrying helmets too, biking around paris...summer in paris in <3 <3

Charlotte is rarely underdressed or overdressed. As she says herself she likes to be "juste".
I don't think they had any need to dress-up to have a summer dinner at the Maison Blanche.

I dislike what Charlotte wore. Is in Paris the weather cold? They don't wear summery clothing.

They are both wearing helmets. The weather is not cold but when you are riding a bike in the evening it certainly can get fresh!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't understand how Charlotte can be in love with this guy. It doesn't really fit in my eyes. Maybe something has just blown her mind?

I can't understand how Charlotte can be in love with this guy. It doesn't really fit in my eyes. Maybe something has just blown her mind?

It is true that physically they do not match! But Charlotte matches rarely with her companions. Remember that most of us disliked Alex also.
I watched Gad in interview and the truth is that he is somehow charming, but for me he is uncompatible with Charlotte. Different ages, style of life, social circles, all different..
Might this difference create the attraction?? Only them know.

Is he quite a bit older than she?

LaRae

Yes, he is older. Maybe he is kind of a father substitude...but he has already a child with another woman.

They are both wearing helmets. The weather is not cold but when you are riding a bike in the evening it certainly can get fresh!
Yeah, i didn't thought of that ;) that makes a lot of sense

And he is Jewish and she Catholic.

It is true that physically they do not match! But Charlotte matches rarely with her companions. Remember that most of us disliked Alex also.
I watched Gad in interview and the truth is that he is somehow charming, but for me he is uncompatible with Charlotte. Different ages, style of life, social circles, all different..
Might this difference create the attraction?? Only them know.

To me, the age difference is the only jarring thing. My main problem with them is that Charlotte is so skinny that she looks younger than 26 and Gad looks older than 41, and that makes them look like father and daughter, which makes me shiver a little bit when I see them together.

About Gad's looks, yes, he is not handsome, but I'll take 100 times earlier charming and interesting than boring pretty. And he is charming. It's obvious that Charlotte likes his body type, and finds him hot.

About their social circles... I think that escaping from her extra nurturing social circle is the best thing that can happen to Charlotte. Gad's circle is much more healthy than the spoiled socialite world Charlotte usually moves about. It will do her much good to live a litlte of real life!

Last edited:
And he is Jewish and she Catholic.

Same case as her mum with Vincent Lindon. Jewish actor - Catholic Princess.

Anyway, I think that Charlotte is open minded with her relations, regarding the religion's point. What was Alex of his Iranian origin?

Anyway, I think that Charlotte is open minded with her relations, regarding the religion's point. What was Alex of his Iranian origin?
And this union didn't end in marriage.
In case of Charlotte and Gad, if they marry, could they do it in an ecumenical way, like Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky did?:flowers:

And this union didn't end in marriage.
In case of Charlotte and Gad, if they marry, could they do it in an ecumenical way, like Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky did?:flowers:

This is a very good question. I do not know if catholic church can accept an oecumenical ceremony. The easiest way is a civil wedding.
Sincerely I hope they won't wed, IMO they are not compatible.

The issue is not the restaurant. The issue is Charlotte’s choices of dress when she is, 1, out on a stroll in Paris, 2, out with Gad, 3, her age. It used to be that Americans girls were instantaneously recognizable because they wore shorts in Paris, when they were either past the age or the wrong shape, often both. Charlotte is definitely the right shape but the wrong age.
If one wants to make comparisons with Caroline and Philippe Junot, Junot was the one telling Caroline to go back home and put on something more appropriate for lunch or dinner in a Parisian restaurant. It is said that Caroline obeyed. That was all of 35 years ago and dress codes have changed, although Caroline had enough sense never to wear shorts outside of a beach or resort area. Is Charlotte playing nymphet to Gad who likes them young? In her platform shoes, Charlotte towers above Gad, but her outfit is strangely reminiscent of Jodie Foster’s in Taxi Driver, opposite Robert de Niro. Wearing shorts in the French capital past the age of 25 is still a sign of being a foreigner who has not integrated the subtle codes of underage cool versus the more adult version of cool.
As far as approval or disapproval of Gad by Princess Caroline, I suggest that we wait to see if an invitation on Caroline’s yacht is forthcoming. So far, all her children’s boyfriends/girlfriends have been invited.

As far as approval or disapproval of Gad by Princess Caroline, I suggest that we wait to see if an invitation on Caroline’s yacht is forthcoming. So far, all her children’s boyfriends/girlfriends have been invited.

If he does get invited, I hope Princess Caroline does a Margaret Kelly -- inviting Oleg Cassini to their Atlantic City Beach Home only in order to strongly express her opposition to his and Grace's relationship in her own turf.

Alex's fathers Iranian family is Jewish. Felix Winckler's father is Jewish also.

Last edited:
My guess is that Charlotte was going to the Bruce Springsteen concert after dinner. I think shorts would be okay; especially if it was outside on a hot nite. Love that they ate at "The White House" on the 4th of July.

This is a very good question. I do not know if catholic church can accept an oecumenical ceremony. The easiest way is a civil wedding.
Sincerely I hope they won't wed, IMO they are not compatible.

I'm not sure what you mean by ecumenical but the requirements for a Catholic to be married, for the marriage to be recognized by the Church, are they must be married by a Catholic priest. There can be dispensations given (by a bishop) for a couple to be married 'jointly', meaning a Catholic priest being present saying his part and the other Christian clergyman present saying his part.

LaRae

I'm not sure what you mean by ecumenical but the requirements for a Catholic to be married, for the marriage to be recognized by the Church, are they must be married by a Catholic priest. There can be dispensations given (by a bishop) for a couple to be married 'jointly', meaning a Catholic priest being present saying his part and the other Christian clergyman present saying his part.

LaRae

I think that's what means being Ecumenical

It used to be that Americans girls were instantaneously recognizable because they wore shorts in Paris, when they were either past the age or the wrong shape, often both. Charlotte is definitely the right shape but the wrong age.

Whaaaat? 25 is past the wrong age for wearing shorts??!!:eek::eek:
Everyone who has good legs wears shorts at 25!

I had no idea american girls were recognizable anywhere in the world for wearing shorts.
Stroll around any european big city in summer. Hundred of thousands of 25 year old girls are wearing shorts today in Paris, London, Berlin, Rome or Madrid. Really.

Wearing shorts in the French capital past the age of 25 is still a sign of being a foreigner .

No, no, and no. I am aware of the caricatural way Paris is portrayed in Holywood movies, but I didn't think people really thought it was true.
In Paris you don't move among glamourous models and artistic types who spend their days talking philosophy.

You know, Paris is an normal town and if you go to a restaurant you'll find that most people are wearing jeans and similar clothes.

25 year olds wear jeans, trainers, shorts like in every other place in the world.
Actually, if something, people in paris tend to underdress rather than overdress. Girls don't wear much make up, don't airbrush their hair, wear flat shoes.
Paris is not a catwalk, rather the opposite!

And most 25 year old girls with nice legs wear shorts.

Also, shorts and platform shoes are really the fashion this summer. At 25, 30 or 35 years old if you can pull it off.

I really don't get why you think that you should dress up more in Paris than somewhere else if it isn't because of those unrealistic movies...

Maybe there is a different dress code in the USA and you don't wear shorts in big towns? Is it the rule there to wear shorts only by the beach? It certainly isn't around here.

You don't have to take my word for granted, of course, but you can check pomeline's blog, and have a look at the comments french people make of charlotte' s look.
Pomeline-Fizz ♣ Charlotte Casiraghi: Charlotte et Gad Elmaleh s'offrent un dîner romantique à Paris

I'll translate some of them.

-I really like Charlotte's style.
-That's how I like her. She's splendid!
-She reminds me of Jane Birkin.
-Charlotte is magnificent!
-I really like Charlotte's clothes.

Everyody likes her look. No one even mentions the fact that she is wearing shorts. Probably because no one thinks that they are even slightly inapropriate for Paris or a 25 year old.

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue is not the restaurant. The issue is Charlotte’s choices of dress when she is, 1, out on a stroll in Paris, 2, out with Gad, 3, her age. It used to be that Americans girls were instantaneously recognizable because they wore shorts in Paris, when they were either past the age or the wrong shape, often both. Charlotte is definitely the right shape but the wrong age.

I agree!
She is in Paris, in a city environment, and shorts are outplaced when you are more that 13y old, especially as it does not seem to be an extremely hot day, because IF it was a very hot day, she could not wear a scarf!!! So she can not play the "heat" card. Her choice of clothes is a choice of style, which I personnally do not like.
Dressed like this in Capri, it would be perfect, but in Paris, NO.

Last edited:
Whaaaat? 25 is past the wrong age for wearing shorts??!!:eek::eek:
Everyone who has good legs wears shorts at 25!

I had no idea american girls were recognizable anywhere in the world for wearing shorts.
Stroll around any european big city in summer. Hundred of thousands of 25 year old girls are wearing shorts today in Paris, London, Berlin, Rome or Madrid. Really.

No, no, and no. I am aware of the caricatural way Paris is portrayed in Holywood movies, but I didn't think people really thought it was true.
In Paris you don't move among glamourous models and artistic types who spend their days talking philosophy.

You know, Paris is an normal town and if you go to a restaurant you'll find that most people are wearing jeans and similar clothes.

25 year olds wear jeans, trainers, shorts like in every other place in the world.
Actually, if something, people in paris tend to underdress rather than overdress. Girls don't wear much make up, don't airbrush their hair, wear flat shoes.
Paris is not a catwalk, rather the opposite!

And most 25 year old girls with nice legs wear shorts.

Also, shorts and platform shoes are really the fashion this summer. At 25, 30 or 35 years old if you can pull it off.

I really don't get why you think that you should dress up more in Paris than somewhere else if it isn't because of those unrealistic movies...

Maybe there is a different dress code in the USA and you don't wear shorts in big towns? Is it the rule there to wear shorts only by the beach? It certainly isn't around here.

You don't have to take my word for granted, of course, but you can check pomeline's blog, and have a look at the comments french people make of charlotte' s look.
Pomeline-Fizz ♣ Charlotte Casiraghi: Charlotte et Gad Elmaleh s'offrent un dîner romantique à Paris

I'll translate some of them.

-I really like Charlotte's style.
-That's how I like her. She's splendid!
-She reminds me of Jane Birkin.
-Charlotte is magnificent!
-I really like Charlotte's clothes.

Everyody likes her look. No one even mentions the fact that she is wearing shorts. Probably because no one thinks that they are even slightly inapropriate for Paris or a 25 year old.

Birkin was and is The Woman for me. Charlotte is just a typical parisian girl who dresses very normal and casual and sometimes disappoints with her style choices (not that she has to keep the interest for us). Who said that she reminds her of Jane Birkin??

Last edited:
Everyone wears shorts in the US. Almost everywhere. (Most business offices won't let you wear shorts, but it depends on the business). Jeans, shorts, sneakers and hoodies are our uniform. It doesn't matter what age, sex or income class you are.

To me, the age difference is the only jarring thing. My main problem with them is that Charlotte is so skinny that she looks younger than 26 and Gad looks older than 41, and that makes them look like father and daughter, which makes me shiver a little bit when I see them together.

About Gad's looks, yes, he is not handsome, but I'll take 100 times earlier charming and interesting than boring pretty. And he is charming. It's obvious that Charlotte likes his body type, and finds him hot.

About their social circles... I think that escaping from her extra nurturing social circle is the best thing that can happen to Charlotte. Gad's circle is much more healthy than the spoiled socialite world Charlotte usually moves about. It will do her much good to live a litlte of real life!

I don't know if "the normal world" is really good for someone who has always been protected.
Of course everybody is nice with her because she is a socialite. Maybe she just want to break free a bit but I'm sure she is not living the "real life". Also Stephanie changed her social circle when she was young...but it is not always a good thing. About Grad's circle I can't say anything, as I don't know them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom