The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 10:13 AM
Courtier

Last part of Charlotte's interview for Vogue Paris posted on Pomeline's webblog.
For those who don't understand franch, it's exactly the same kind of speech as we read in first part, with a stronger irrefutable argument: a short quote from Kaiser Karl himself, explaining that Charlotte is as clever as she is beautiful, that when she came to see him in Biarritz she read from morning to evening, always and always...
At the end, journalists say that before leaving she tells them that she loves classic movies (Rossellini, Godard, but nothing with Grace Kelly... Maybe she didn't evoke her because it was too evident), and that her i-pod is full of classic musics, that L'isle joyeuse by Debussy is her favourite music, but she also loves Joplin, Bowie, Prince, Led Zeppelin (good taste! ).
One thing interesting: she said that she refused to pose on Marie-Antoinette's bed during Fontainebleau shooting, because it's all the contrary of what she really is.
So the message of this interview seems to be: very down to earth person (refusing to be considered as a princess), very beautiful and very intelligent.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Aristocracy

Charlotte comes across as refined, intelligent and a very interesting person. I don't say beautiful becaue it is too obvious.
We need more Charlottes !!!!

Old 08-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

Very interesting to hear someone else describe her. It must be like that, she must spend much time reading, I do not doubt it. I´d like to know in what sense she considers so far from the French queen or any other royal. Do the Casiraghis live from a famlily inheritance or from the principality´s income her mother receives?
In the end she seems a very interesting girl, at least above the average party socialite.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Serene Highness

She was smart for not posing on the bed. She doesn't let the press bully her into stuff like alot of movie stars get caught doing. Her interviews and articles come off a little too perfect but she is representing Monaco and has to be careful. She seems to have inherited her grandmother's common sense in addition to her beauty.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Do the Casiraghis live from a famlily inheritance or from the principality´s income her mother receives

I always wondered the same thing..........
Old 08-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Just an idea: maybe this interview has something to do with her contract with Gucci. Maybe as per the contract she has to accept some interviews with high level fashion magazines. She is the face of the Gucci riding clothes she can not live hidden from the fashion press.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:29 AM
Aristocracy

I just wanted to say I'm really enjoying all of the posts about Charlotte in Vogue! I'm still a fan of Charlotte's but polite debate, discussion is what were here for!
Anyway, about Charlotte in Vogue, I am leaning towards a Palace spin on this.
If your an intellectual, and we can go ON and ON about what that entails, you kinda sorta keep company with people of like mind. When I lived in Moscow I met many intellectuals, mainly writers. Intellectuals from what I observed are extremely, and obsessively dedicated to their craft, if that is the correct word.
(i'm not an intellectual, full disclosure here). During the siege of leningrad the curators of the Hermitage endured horror's we can't comprehend, but at night, in the basements, in freezing cold, starvation, and with frostbitten fingers, they worked on their reasearch, the porcelain collections, french and old master paintings, the archeological discoveries in Armenia, and poetry.
Don't get me wrong I don't expect Charlotte to sit in a damp freezing basement writing essays, BUT if you purport yourself to be something, back it up.
The company, lifestyle, and very public life we can all see doesn't show that she is an intellectual. Every one we see her with is UBER rich. From what I saw, intellectuals either want be alone, or with their own kith and kin.
I like Charlotte, she's young, really beautiful, glamorous, but I think that lately the Palace (or she and Caroline) are trying to debunk the frivolous image that the Princely Family evokes.
Bottom line from what I saw in New York and Moscow, intellectuals are not hypocrite's. There weird, full of passion, and live more comfortably with their own kind.
I LOVE Charlotte, but to me IMHO she came off as......
Old 08-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Administrator

As the discussion was more and more focussing on the university theme only, a large number
of posts has been moved to the "Caroline & The Casiraghi's - University Life"-thread!
Old 08-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Courtier

I agree with you completely, Vanya. Now, of course, the paps aren't going to catch Charlotte EVERYWHERE she goes. She's not quite that famous or in-demand, but we do have enough pictures of her to know that she frequents more fashion shows, or fashion-centered parties than anything else. If she was going to paint herself as anything, it should be someone "cultured" since she appreciates art (her boyfriend even owns an art gallery), philosophy, and she travels extensively. An intellectual is an image obviously nobody is buying. She may be intelligent, I'm not disputing that, but I think if she was more down-to-earth instead of trying inflate herself this article would've come out a whole lot better.

But I still like her, too. She's still leagues ahead of Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, and just about any American socialite right now.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:57 AM
Courtier

Excellent point about the company she keeps, Vanya. I'm a Charlotte fan through and through but I think she tries too hard to paint a picture of herself as the anti-party girl. She just maybe trying to come off as someone serious and with substance, which is still a better route to take image-wise...certainly better than the image some celebrities deliberately choose these days. I also wouldn't consider her an intellectual though and I hope that's not the message she's trying to send. (I'd believe her as one if she publishes a peer-reviewed article on a philosophical subject in a respected journal, not an article in a fashion magazine.)

Old 08-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells
I agree with you completely, Vanya. Now, of course, the paps aren't going to catch Charlotte EVERYWHERE she goes. She's not quite that famous or in-demand, but we do have enough pictures of her to know that she frequents more fashion shows, or fashion-centered parties than anything else. If she was going to paint herself as anything, it should be someone "cultured" since she appreciates art (her boyfriend even owns an art gallery), philosophy, and she travels extensively. An intellectual is an image obviously nobody is buying. She may be intelligent, I'm not disputing that, but I think if she was more down-to-earth instead of trying inflate herself this article would've come out a whole lot better.

But I still like her, too. She's still leagues ahead of Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, and just about any American socialite right now.
I completely agree that she is way ahead of any American socialite! (Though perhaps not Ivanka Trump.. but anyways...) I think what is most remarkable about her is how well behaved she is -- no scandal, no public outbursts. Especially when you consider all the odds are against her. Someone mentioned Caroline Kennedy's daughter .. She has been largely kept put of the spotlight but flipped off the paparazzi at a Kennedy funeral. Can't imagine Charlotte doing that!

I just wish they would ask her questions about what contemporary films/music she likes, perhaps her opinion on social issues ( nothing too controversial, maybe environmental issues because shes expressed an interest in environmentalism), and other contemporary topics.

And btw I think it's great she did the vogue editorial. Those pictures are timeless and generations to come will admire them, and I think when she gets older she will also be happy she has those photos.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Serene Highness

One article I just read, maybe the equestrian article, did ask her what music she had on her ipod. She liked classical music, something by Debussy, Prince, Pearl Jam, Def Leopard. Maybe she is trying to learn about American rock because they seemed like older groups.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
One article I just read, maybe the equestrian article, did ask her what music she had on her ipod. She liked classical music, something by Debussy, Prince, Pearl Jam, Def Leopard. Maybe she is trying to learn about American rock because they seemed like older groups.
Def LEPPARD..........Oldies but goodies!!! Excellent music taste !
Old 08-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
I guess I'm just wondering what kind of things (from her generation) interest her. Artists, musicians, films, books, etc.

I love that Queen Rania is such a contemporary woman and has her own youtube channel/updates her own facebook! I'm not saying I would expect Charlotte to do anything like this.. but it would be interesting to hear her insights on today's global popular culture, especially since she has seen so much of the world. I think asking her these kind of questions would reveal who she really is, how she thinks, and how she sees the world.

But I guess this is all wishful thinking, because after this huge Vogue editorial I doubt she will be putting herself out there again any time soon.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
Last part of Charlotte's interview for Vogue Paris posted on Pomeline's webblog.
For those who don't understand franch, it's exactly the same kind of speech as we read in first part, with a stronger irrefutable argument: a short quote from Kaiser Karl himself, explaining that Charlotte is as clever as she is beautiful, that when she came to see him in Biarritz she read from morning to evening, always and always...
At the end, journalists say that before leaving she tells them that she loves classic movies (Rossellini, Godard, but nothing with Grace Kelly... Maybe she didn't evoke her because it was too evident), and that her i-pod is full of classic musics, that L'isle joyeuse by Debussy is her favourite music, but she also loves Joplin, Bowie, Prince, Led Zeppelin (good taste! ).
One thing interesting: she said that she refused to pose on Marie-Antoinette's bed during Fontainebleau shooting, because it's all the contrary of what she really is.
So the message of this interview seems to be: very down to earth person (refusing to be considered as a princess), very beautiful and very intelligent.
Hi! I'm from Bulgaria and I'm new here!
She has really good taste in music agree!
Old 08-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadezhda View Post
Hi! I'm from Bulgaria and I'm new here!
She has really good taste in music agree!
Welcome among us Nadezha and have fun with TRF.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:18 PM

She said Led Zeppelin, not Def Leppard! haha. Sorry to fussy, but there's no comparison in my opinion... :)
Old 08-31-2011, 02:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanQueen View Post
I completely agree that she is way ahead of any American socialite! (Though perhaps not Ivanka Trump.. but anyways...) I think what is most remarkable about her is how well behaved she is -- no scandal, no public outbursts. Especially when you consider all the odds are against her. Someone mentioned Caroline Kennedy's daughter .. She has been largely kept put of the spotlight but flipped off the paparazzi at a Kennedy funeral. Can't imagine Charlotte doing that!

I just wish they would ask her questions about what contemporary films/music she likes, perhaps her opinion on social issues ( nothing too controversial, maybe environmental issues because shes expressed an interest in environmentalism), and other contemporary topics.

And btw I think it's great she did the vogue editorial. Those pictures are timeless and generations to come will admire them, and I think when she gets older she will also be happy she has those photos.
I saw those pictures also. I understand that it was a private time for them, and the paps are scum, but flipping somebody off to me has always seemed so vulgar and childish. Whenever you do it and to whomever. But again, I will say I understand the circumstances. She and her family were grieving. There was definitely a better way to handle it.

But definitely one thing I can say about Charlotte is that she seems like a person with class. There are certain things she seems uncompromising on (like the the Marie Antoinette shot) and I like that. You've got to stand up for something, as opposed to so many celebs who will fall quite willingly for anything.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:09 AM
Courtier

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet (and it is from wikipedia, so I'm not sure how accurate it is), but it says there will be a second issue of EVER Manifesto called EVER Bamboo: Ever Manifesto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"On June 2nd 2011, in anticipation of the upcoming second issue of Ever Manifesto – EVER Bamboo, due for release in October 2011- the founders of the publication hosted an event together with Hogan, Andrea della Valle, and Stefano Tonchi.
Artists Mike and Dough Starn were commissioned to create a bamboo structure in Venice. It stretched upwards over the buildings allowing the spectators to see a unique view of the famous Italian city and its channels from within the bamboo structure."
Old 08-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbaby318 View Post
I don't know if anyone has seen this yet (and it is from wikipedia, so I'm not sure how accurate it is), but it says there will be a second issue of EVER Manifesto called EVER Bamboo: Ever Manifesto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"On June 2nd 2011, in anticipation of the upcoming second issue of Ever Manifesto – EVER Bamboo, due for release in October 2011- the founders of the publication hosted an event together with Hogan, Andrea della Valle, and Stefano Tonchi.
Artists Mike and Dough Starn were commissioned to create a bamboo structure in Venice. It stretched upwards over the buildings allowing the spectators to see a unique view of the famous Italian city and its channels from within the bamboo structure."
Yes. If you go to the Charlotte pics thread ther is pictures posted yestterday in a strange bamboo structure. We did not really know what it was.

Closed Thread