The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #641  
Old 01-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepstrep View Post
Not really. They weren't in highschool or the university, they were in prépa. Very few people follow that course of studies and it is a real coincidence that they were both doing the same thing at the same time, that they both decided to try for the ENS.

Since Felix and Charlotte were together since terminale it's highly possible that they influenced each other to take that decision together.

Of course I wasn't there and I don't know who had the idea, Felix or Charlotte, but since she quit that course quite early and he kept studying, he seems to be the more determined of both and probably the one behind the decision.

How do you know that Charlotte is strong-willed?
I don't know her more than you do, so I don't know how she is either, but...

We do know that she quit her studies after her first failure. That's usually a sign of a weak personality.
We know she leads her horsewoman life in a very amateurish and light way.
We know she's still under the wing of the same family friends and close circle. Her friends are her brother's friends, or the kids of her mother's friends like when you are a 12 years old.
She hasn't even been able to look for a trainer who is not a Rozier, even if she gets awful results with him.
She's been dressing Lagerfeld for ages even if it didn't suit her because the man is mum's friend...

Of course I can be wrong, I don't know her at all, and I am judging from far away, but those don't seem signs of a strong-willed or independent personality, quite the contrary.

I'm honestly curious, what do you see in her that gives you the feeling that she is strong-willed?



Well, we can only guess. I'm sure she won't drop fashion because that's not a serious interest of hers. And she doesn't need to drop journalism because she dropped it already after just a few months.

My guess is that she will drop horses, Gad or no Gad, because her results are worst every passing day and she doesn't seem to care much about training.



I don't think anyone will be offended by that. It's a fact. He's only famous in France.
But I fail to see the relevance of him being famous or not in the USA in this topic. I don't know what you mean by that. Charlotte and him don't live there.
They're probably aren't famous in China or India either and there's even more people living over there.


Well you see I give her the benefit of the doubt, trepstrep, whereas you do not. Therein lies the difference. You constantly beat the horse of negativity, I do not. Furthermore, I'm a long-time fan of the House of Grimaldi (since the 70's), not a detractor, otherwise I wouldn't post here.

Back to Charlotte, you automatically assume that she won't drop fashion because it's not a serious interest of hers. Really? Whereas I say it does matter to her, as evidenced by her starting the Ever Manifesto magazine, which is a publication that focuses on the environment and is only published when the three creators (one of which is Charlotte) has something to say, the latest one issued in October, 2011: http://www.evermanifesto.com/manifes...20FA_FINAL.pdf

Fashion surrounds her, she's been immersed in it since she was born. Therefore I'm not surprised that she takes it seriously After all, her mother was a fashion icon in her time, as well her grandmother in her time, and so on. Her mother even introducing her to iconic fashion designers since she was a babe ~ Lagerfeld, Gucci, Armani, Chanel, and on & on & on. Once again beating a deadhorse.

And now her partnership with Gucci for the last 2 years, which further solidifies not only her interest in fashion, but also horses (btw I was wrong she took a 4-year hiatus, not 5).

But like I said several posts ago, it's like talking to a rock, you've already had your mind made up about Charlotte a loooong time ago. You automatically assume the worst about her, saying she's weak, that she follows her boyfriends, blah blah blah. Same ole same ole from you. Constant negativity, never giving Charlotte the benefit of the doubt. Tiresome. But you're not the only one, and it doesn't just go on here, I see it in other parts of the forum, and on other boards. Btw, not just speaking about royalty, rather sports, politics, et al, it's part of the internet, especially when anonymity rears its ugly head.

Anyhow, I'm sure Charlotte doesn't need me to defend her, it's just that I've got time on my hands since I've been snowed in for the past few days, otherwise I would ignore all the negative posts.

Here's to Charlotte winning her latest lawsuit, and providing more fodder for us fans (and non-fans/detractors ). *raises cup of hot cocoa*

ps: kells, I'm still interested in that bet.
__________________

__________________
"only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be"
  #642  
Old 01-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
Lol, kells, you see I win! *j/k*
__________________

__________________
"only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be"
  #643  
Old 01-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Lol, I'll take that bet, seriously I would and you would owe me big money.

Come on, 1 in 100 American, you'd lose, but OTOH 1 in 10 you just might win. I'd even give you 1 in 20, just to make it more fair.

Of course we'd have to have an experiment group made up of a *fair* amount of individuals of all classes, all races, all ethncities, all ages, all socio-economic backgrounds, not just a bunch of dingalings straight out of highschool. (8^O

Picking the experiment group would be the key to my success (smiles smugly) or naught (smile disappears). :(

kells & Nadine shake hands, the bet is on! (;^)
Haha, I've been a very busy lady lately, Nadine. Sorry. 21 hours this semester. But it was a figure of speech. I need my lifesavings for all the debt I'm going to be immersed in when I finally graduate. I am sticking to my guns, though. I don't believe that very many people know or care who Charlotte Casiraghi is. As an example, my mother was born in the 50s, a few years before Caroline, who she knows of, but her children she does not. Now that's just one person, but I honestly think its the same for a lot of Americans, even the older ones, because we just do not hear that much about the Casiraghis in the news or the tabloids. And this is a credit to Andrea, Pierre and Charlotte that they are not more well-known because they had they perhaps followed the example of their mother, aunt, and uncle, they might just be more well-known. However, perhaps the main reason is that the American press just doesn't keep up with the non-English speaking royals. We hear more about Will & Harry and lately the Middletons. I will concede to lower my number to one in 50 though.
  #644  
Old 01-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: moving, Spain
Posts: 642
Nadine, you obviously didn't read my post otherwise you wouldn't say I don't
give her the benefit of the doubt.

I've written several times that what I was saying was only a guess and an opinion and I might be wrong.
My posts are just opinions and are not more nor less valid than anyone else's. Nobody knows Charlotte personaly.

I've also said why I think my opinions might be right. I still don't know what she has done to make you think that she is strong-willed. Why do you think so?


I've also said several times that I am sure Charlotte is an intelligent youg woman because otherwise she wouldn't have had a très bien at the bac exam or follow a 2 years prépa.
I don't know where's the negativity in that.

About her interest in fashion not been that important, I am not certain, but I kind of remember that she told it herself in one of her interviews. Didn't she say that fashion was not that important to her and she only cared about been proper as a way of showing politeness or something like that?
Again, I could be wrong.


There is only one thing I am certain about her: she is not a good rider and she is damaging her horses.

I've been repeating it since she first came back to horseriding, during her 1st GCT competitions, when I was the only one to say so. She's had 3 years, the best horses and all the money in the world to prove me wrong.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Lol, kells, you see I win! *j/k*
Sorry, but I don't think you do. The article has to explain who Charlotte is, and relate her to Grace Kelly to make her closer to the readers.

And they even manage to have a whole paragraph wrong. Charlotte is not a top horsewoman and she won't be at the Olympics.
  #645  
Old 01-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 750
You're on! *kells & Nadine shake hands*

trepstrep, like I said up above, Charlotte doesn't need me to defend her, I was only doing it because I have time on my hands due to being snowed in. *Brrrr*

No biggie, just another case of two posters differing, and agreeing to disagree. Have a nice day. *inserts sunshine*
__________________
"only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be"
  #646  
Old 01-19-2012, 12:22 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,611
Honestly, I liked Charlotte a lot better before I started following her riding career. I think my dislike for how she's handling that and what she's doing to those horses has given me a different perspective on her. I still consider her smart and beautiful, but I'm now more apt to also think of her as spoiled and inconsiderate.

Granted, that personality trait may be limited to her riding only, and I hope that's the case.
  #647  
Old 01-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: columbia, United States
Posts: 559
Addressing this mainly to trepstep: Usually, I disagree with your point of view, but I think you've made some pretty valid points here. We don't know Charlotte, but we can read her actions, and her attempts to pave a way for herself *seem* very feeble. I've always wondered about her "inherited" friends, but on that point, I'll concede that the Casiraghis are very private people and it makes sense that she would be afraid to branch out from that close knit security net because you really can't trust people these days. I don't know much about her horse riding career, but the time is over for making excuses for her. This is a bit shallow, but it's all I have to go on: she's a beautiful girl and she looks great in her equestrian gear. I think it's a sign (), she has the potential to be great if she would just work a little harder at it.
  #648  
Old 01-19-2012, 12:41 PM
zembla's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camden, United States
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I think my dislike for how she's handling that and what she's doing to those horses has given me a different perspective on her.
Could you explain this further...why is there criticism of how she handles her horses?
  #649  
Old 01-19-2012, 12:48 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla

Could you explain this further...why is there criticism of how she handles her horses?
I don't want to go too far off topic- there's been many discussions about it in the thread about her riding career. Would you mind if I just referred you to that thread? If you have any questions about it after reading some of that, people will chime in and answer :)
  #650  
Old 01-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,457
The Chicago Sun Times paragraph was pure fiction and worthless. One thing I have noticed with the Monagasques. They are followed more in large cities like New York where there is more interest in high fashion and society. That is the market they are trying to reach, not the broad public. There was an article in Monaco Life the other day where the Director of Tourism said that the less well known Monaco was, the better for business. Monaco caters to the ultra wealthy. TrepStep you keep trying to impose your middle class values on Charlotte. You don't live in her world. I'm middle class and I don't have rich or poor friends. Why would you think Charlotte would have middle class and poor friends or behave as those classes do? Actually, I think Charlotte is pretty down to earth considering who her family is. Compared to her friends, she has accomplished quite alot. She has two magazines, a deal with Gucci and probably is an investor and promoter of the GCT and the Rodriquez's indoor events, like the Gucci Masters.
  #651  
Old 01-19-2012, 03:26 PM
marine2109's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 1,827
Quote:
Monaco's beautiful Charlotte plaintiff paparazzi
Billed-Bladet - Monacos smukke Charlotte sagsøger paparazzi-fotografer

Google Google Translate
  #652  
Old 01-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ..., United States
Posts: 608
Another link to an article talking about Charlotte, Gad and the paparazzis. What is interesting is that it is illustrated by a never seen pic of Charlotte.
Charlotte casiraghi - Sammen med 15 år eldre skuespiller - Seher.no Kjendisnytt
  #653  
Old 01-20-2012, 01:50 PM
sugarbaby318's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 581
Hmm I wonder when that pic was taken? ^ I really like her coat from what I can see of it.
  #654  
Old 01-22-2012, 11:56 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 32,678
__________________


Bad quality but new : Charlotte pictured strolling in Paris:



** Pic ** gallery **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #655  
Old 01-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ..., United States
Posts: 608
^Thank you!
So she's back in Paris, we won't see her at International Circus Festival...
That's a bit disturbing to see pics of her walking in the street. There's no interest in to taking these pics (she's alone, without Gad, casually dressed), and she seems to be really annoyed. I already understood why she wanted a trial, but there, with these pics, I even approve her. I feel sincerely sorry for her. I hope that they are going to leave her in peace very soon, if only someone very famous had a new love story, it would focus the attention on this person, and not on Charlotte anymore! Medias are so inconstant...
  #656  
Old 01-22-2012, 02:53 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,863
Stupid pics without interest. I wonder how papz do to have such pics. Do they kmow where she leaves and they walk around in order to catch her? The probability to find her by coincidence is extremely little. Paris is very huge.
In any case i understand why she is bothered
  #657  
Old 01-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ..., United States
Posts: 608
I guess that they are waiting for her and that they are following her every where. In an article about her trial they said that paparazzis spent hours in front of her mother's flat, where she leaves when in Paris. And that when she was out, they followed her. They are doing the same in UK with Pippa - even if she seems to be more harassed than Charlotte. That's crazy!!
  #658  
Old 01-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Palm Beach, United States
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
TrepStep you keep trying to impose your middle class values on Charlotte. You don't live in her world. I'm middle class and I don't have rich or poor friends. Why would you think Charlotte would have middle class and poor friends or behave as those classes do?
I guess I am just wondering what you mean by 'middle class values'? Could you further explain what you mean by that?

If Charlotte doesn't have 'poor friends' that doesn't bother me. Charlotte should be friends with who she feels comfortable with and that's the end of the story IMO.

I was once critical of the image she was trying to sell; it was inauthentic and revealed an inflated sense of self -- remember the "perfectionist intellectual"? However, it seems she's stopped making the weird, pretentious comments about herself and her riding lately, and she doesn't bother me so much anymore. In fact, I actually have a lot of sympathy for her right now. As soon as she broke off a serious, long-term relationship (never easy) the paparazzi has gone on overdrive hounding her for pictures. It can't be easy.
  #659  
Old 01-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ..., United States
Posts: 608
Jamel Debbouze, a french actor, was in Monaco this week-end for a show.
He wrote on his facebook account: "Bye MONACO... With Charlotte, Maybe that one day Gad will be prince of the rock.. I hope that he'll let me a pebble. Monaco is beautiful. JD."
Jamel and Gad are very close friends. Could we consider this as a confirmation of the relationship between Gad and Charlotte?

[If you want to see the french version of JD's post, click on this link: http://www.gala.fr/l_actu/on_ne_parl..._monaco_252920]
  #660  
Old 01-30-2012, 05:21 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,863
Stupid post. If i was Gad or Charlotte i would be VERY angry. Especially if he is really a friend of Gad.
Anyway! IMO Jamel is a very vulgar person and this behavior does not surprise me.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Warm Moments Between Royals - Part 2 LadyLeana Royal Life and Lifestyle 2912 12-01-2016 07:19 AM
Prince Friso in Critical Condition Following Skiing Accident: February 17, 2012 An Ard Ri Prince Friso, Princess Mabel and Family 1489 07-24-2013 09:58 PM
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: March 2012 - March 2013 iceflower Current Events Archive 700 04-01-2013 06:31 AM
Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - June 2012 Marengo Current Events Archive 843 06-13-2012 05:55 AM
It's A Girl for Victoria and Daniel! Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary: February 23, 2012 dazzling Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 1325 04-20-2012 09:30 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 beatrice borromeo best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit 2016 catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dom duarte duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll felipe vi grand duchess josephine-charlotte grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess charlene fashion princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises