The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcartur View Post
I have made the upload of the video to youtube, here is the link:

Much more easy to make download and keep save this historic first interview!! =]
thank you so muuch.. finally we can heard her deep voice, it was funny for my because many of my belgium friends have thta deep voice i was like it sounds like my friend. i love her voice just perfect with her image not childdesh

Old 06-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Thanks, Alcartur, for the youtube, (you know how to make a grand entrance!), and thanks, Rosana (Jumping thread) for the translation.

I'll give the transcript of her interview, just to add her personal flavor, although it doesn't add much information to Rosana's summary.

First question, about her passion for riding:
I started to ride when I was very young, and it is a sport I have practised for a very long time, and it was a great pleasure for me to participate in the Jumping of Monaco.

Question about attendance and the championship:
Yes, there were many more (people) than last year. It is very rare for a rider to win a Grand Prize twice in a row. At first, the event was held in the Fondelle (sp?) tent; they now wished to have it in the harbour and it was a challenge.

Question about her participation :
It was very difficult for me because I haven't been able to train in the last 3 weeks, so I had to leave my horse in the hands of my trainer, so it is fairly difficult to resume competition without any prior recent training. Fortunately, my horse has (in French: un mental extraordinaire, which I can only guess means) extraordinary concentrating powers, or attitude, or smarts, and he was able to carry me (soutenir: support) in that slightly difficult moment, given my injury.

Question about her ambitions as a professional:
For the time being, I am trying to achieve good results in the amateur competitions. We'll see how the season develops, but why not ?

Question about her being an ambassador for the sport:
It is with great pleasure that I support the equestrian sport. I really hope that in the years to come, thanks to the Global Champions Tour which is a championship event organized around the world, my participation will help and that this sport will become more popular. I will be participating in Portugal in 10 days, and in Brazil at the end of the month. I hope that my hand will hold up !

Question about other sports:
Yes, (I practise other sports), a little, I like swimming, I like jogging, but it is mostly riding (I like or love). (She used "aime bien" for the other sports, to like, obviously in contrast to riding, which, although she doesn't use the verb, she "aime", loves.)

Question about participation in Monaco events:
Yes, yes, Le Grand Prix, yes, every year.

Charlotte comes across as mature, natural, and poised. She seemed to be willing to say a lot more, but kept being interrupted by the anchorman, who would pick up on some word or info she provided to regain control of the interview. She needs a better listener (or were they short of time ?) and maybe one day we'll have the pleasure of reading an interview, where both journalist and subject can take their time in asking and answering questions and where a clever interviewer can let his/her interlocutor's personality shine through.

It is good to have the old Charlotte back, a person with a passion, with an authentic dedication to a mission (serving as ambassador as well as participator to make the sport more popular.)

She was dazzling in the pictures of the last social event, and has never looked so much like her mother, in the days when Princess Caroline wore her hair back that way, letting her beautiful bone structure and shape of her face completely open, taking center stage from her hair, which almost works as an accent. I hope she will stay with that kind of hairstyle, the hair in the face kind of look doesn't do credit to her great beauty. For once, too, she looked truly happy and confident. What work won't do to make a woman shine !

Old 06-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Gentry

wow, she sounds so different then I thought. Very mature, relaxed, like a woman, yet she still has very much a 'childlike' face. I thought somehow her voice would be much younger, more teenager-like. Great to finally hear her speak after so many years! She did very well!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you so much iloveroyals, I missed many words. At the end i thought she was talking about her mom, but she didnīt say mama but ma main, have to improve my French.

I think what she said was Chapiteaux Fontvieille, were the competition was held before, as well as the Circus.

I donīt agree with you about the interviewer. You cannot have silences in an intervew, he asked when he saw she was running out of words, for me he did a good job.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
Charlotte comes across as mature, natural, and poised. She seemed to be willing to say a lot more, but kept being interrupted by the anchorman, who would pick up on some word or info she provided to regain control of the interview. She needs a better listener (or were they short of time ?) and maybe one day we'll have the pleasure of reading an interview, where both journalist and subject can take their time in asking and answering questions and where a clever interviewer can let his/her interlocutor's personality shine through.
I have to say I was surprised at how comfortable she seemed speaking like that, I thought she would just give coy one sentence answers. She seemed really willing to go for it. I think her interviewer was more nervous than she was.

Where's Diane Sawyer when you need her?!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Courtier

I thought she said maman as well, but yeah, I too definitely have to improve my french. ALOT lol. Anyway, to reiterate what everyone else here has said, this was such a pleasant surprise. Looking at pics is so different from actually hearing and seeing a person move. Pics only capture like half a second in time and just goes to show how wrong you can be only judging by pictures. I always thought Charlotte was probably a little arrogant from her pictures, she always gave this thin little smile and something about the way she held her head, but now I think its bashfulness which is so sweet!

Also yes, she looks so much like Caroline in that video but Stefano peeks through her more than occasionally. Especially when she smiles.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Courtier

Albert wasn't only there to support his niece, but also to talk about the Tour de France, which starts in Monaco this saturday.
Maybe we'll see more Grimaldi's and Casiraghi's on that occassion.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Commoner

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Many thanks, Alcartur - what a nice contribution, and as your first post - hope you'll feel welcome here....

It was very enjoyable to hear Charlotte's voice. Previously I thought of her as perhaps being a bit stand-offish, but I've changed my mind - she's absolutely charming!
Anytime

And also, thanks a lot for the translation, Iloveroyals!!!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Thank you so much iloveroyals, I missed many words. At the end i thought she was talking about her mom, but she didnīt say mama but ma main, have to improve my French.

I think what she said was Chapiteaux Fontvieille, were the competition was held before, as well as the Circus.

I donīt agree with you about the interviewer. You cannot have silences in an intervew, he asked when he saw she was running out of words, for me he did a good job.
Thanks to all for appreciating the transcript.

I thought she said "maman" too, I had to listen to it several times to make sense of it, and I am a French native-speaker. I didn't get "defi" either until the interviewer translated it back into challenge !

You're right, it must have been Chapiteau Fontvieille; a little brush up on Monaco names and I would have recognized the word. Which goes to show, when it comes to names of places or people, if we don't know them, we can easily distort them.

I still stand by what I said about the interviewer. I felt he was cutting her off when she was not quite finished, (preventing her from pausing, as other interviewers permit Princess Caroline to do, obviously more respectful of her title and status), had a tendency to anticipate her answers and words, as if he already knew what she was going to say or was not that interested, and he talked a mile a minute, which I found annoying. He may have perceived, (wrongly in my opinion), that she was nervous and it was his way of putting her at ease. But I regret what she could have told us that would have been more personal, more anecdotal perhaps, which she was not given a chance to share. It was interesting how she did not deny the title of ambassador he gave her, quite the reverse, acknowledged it. It seems to show she is ready and excited about her new role and determined to take it seriously and make her uncle proud. He is already delighted and impressed with her. I think it's great she has been given a real job. Participating in a global organization is going to mean a real commitment.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Serene Highness

That was exactly my thought, the interviewer was trying to make her feel at ease. Maybe he exaggerated too much, he talked too much and quickly.

It is very sweet how his uncle touches her hand at the very beginning as a sign of support. I think she was really nervous but managed to pull thriugh. She just needs a little more confidence.

I hope we are going to see Charlotte more ofter and more involved in Monaco social life.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Charlotte Casiraghi going to Cafe in Paris. Paris, France June 30th 2009
Pic1**Pic2**Pic3**Pic4**Pic5**Pic6**Pic7

ibl
Old 07-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the pics Julliette! Char is looking gorgeous as usual. I wonder who's they guy that's with her.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Nobility

This was great and I thought Charlotte did very well. The interviewer did talk much too fast though. Charlotte has always come off to me as a naturally "cool" girl. That means she doesn't have to rub it in anyone's face, she doesn't crave attention and she doesn't make a fuss about herself -she's just cool. When you got it, you don't have to tell people you have it and you don't need a crowd to constantly remind you that you do. Char's the genuine article.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Gentry

So, the question now. what is she eating in those pics and drinking. to me it looks like a corona, or some other beer and cake. Anyone wants to play the guess game ? :))
Old 07-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Charlotte Casiraghi going to Cafe in Paris. Paris, France June 30th 2009
Pic1**Pic2**Pic3**Pic4**Pic5**Pic6**Pic7

ibl
Thanks, nice pictures.
They look close, no???
Old 07-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Thanks, nice pictures.
They look close, no???
WOW - who is the new guy?! And, yes, it appears a bit intimate - like a first date, or something.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Courtier

For whatever reason, even though she looked gorgeous at the gala a couple of days ago, I like her hair just thrown together casually the best. She looks so adorable here. I wish there were clearer pics.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Commoner

She looks comfortable until the second picture, then she looks disturbeb when realizes that someone it's taking pictures of her, until the guy tells something on the ear...
I don't know
Old 07-01-2009, 09:39 PM

They are having a tete-a-tete. Did they trade seats or are we just seeing photos from different spots or photographers? Cuz Char starts out on one side, then she's on the other side. Poor Char. I wonder how she meets new people. Her friends put up walls around her which is good from one point of view, but it must be so claustrophobic.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Time for a new thread, which can be found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...3-a-23070.html.

Thanks to all who posted!

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Closed Thread