Charlene Wittstock Current Events Part 9 : May 2007 - Jan.2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had Cw participated in mass would that have been tantamount to the church sanctioning their carnal relationship?

Generally she could have participated in the mass, if it wouldn't have been public knowledge that they have a realtion. She simply would have sat with the other notorities. But since their relationship is known and it is also known what they are doing together, which is frowned upon by the church, her attendance, especially in that particular dress, would have been outrageous. Nobody would have thought then that he was going to marry her, but on the contrary would have asked him to leave her immediately and he would have been criticized as well for knowing better. While Stephane Valeri was not married, but already having a relationship with his now wife, she never sat with him during official services. It wasn't her place to be there and he knew that as a public figure in Monaco it would have been dispicable for him to do so. He might have a lot of faults, but at least he knew that it would have been inappropriate for her to be at his side.

I'm not sure that a lot of people are not going to attend... because if not they could offend Albert or it would not speak for...they will perhaps be here... and think what they want to think...
(jumping international?)
No, not the jumping. The John Gilpin scholarship. Although on second thought it would be hilarious to see Charlene reprimanded by Grace's old friend Marika. She is very much into good behaviour, manners and style. And with all respect that she has for the princely family, I'm not sure that she would be willing to extend that to Charlene while she is not married to Albert. She is old fashioned and she has no problems scolding the parents of pupils when their children misbehave. She also tells the parents: you need to watch your daughters diet. She is fat. you will make her suffer when she get's older and she will be useless here. And even though some parents feel offended, they always bring their children back. Because ultimately they know that she is right. She simply has a very undiplomatic way of saying things.

In an encounter with Charlene she would surely bring up Grace and that she must at all times be aware of whose shoes she is trying to fill. She'd certainly tell her a word or two about posture and being graceful. Her verdict of Charlene would be interesting to hear. :D

Btw Caro had lessons with her for quite a number of years. And you can still see the training in posture and movement....

No, not the jumping. The John Gilpin scholarship. Although on second thought it would be hilarious to see Charlene reprimanded by Grace's old friend Marika. She is very much into good behaviour, manners and style. And with all respect that she has for the princely family, I'm not sure that she would be willing to extend that to Charlene while she is not married to Albert. She is old fashioned and she has no problems scolding the parents of pupils when their children misbehave. She also tells the parents: you need to watch your daughters diet. She is fat. you will make her suffer when she get's older and she will be useless here. And even though some parents feel offended, they always bring their children back. Because ultimately they know that she is right. She simply has a very undiplomatic way of saying things.

In an encounter with Charlene she would surely bring up Grace and that she must at all times be aware of whose shoes she is trying to fill. She'd certainly tell her a word or two about posture and being graceful. Her verdict of Charlene would be interesting to hear. :D

Btw Caro had lessons with her for quite a number of years. And you can still see the training in posture and movement....
Thanks paca,
So that is why Caroline carries herself so well and upon entering a room has that je ne sais pas ce qui.Marika is of course is correct about diet only she is civil about it and stern as she should be.Only I would replce fat with "Two Ton Annie" to make the point.That would explain why Steph and Caro both still have fab figures.Caro especailly carries herself with the grace of a ballet dancer.Stephanie too has dignified way of comportment.
paca if and when marika ever meets up with Charlene let us know and thanks for these invaluable insights we would not have had without you.

Last edited:
Hi! I logged in and searched for monaco, prince albert of monaco for the last 7 days but was unsuccessful. Is there a way someone could post it on this board? Thanks so much!

Raro, search under SAS Albert II. That is how he is referred to in the captions of the pictures in Newscom for this festival. I saw it captioned that way on a picture that came up under Prince Albert of Monaco so I tried it and the rest of the pictures came up.

Thanks paca,
So that is why Caroline carries herself so well and upon entering a room has that je ne sais pas ce qui.Marika is of course is correct about diet only she is civil about it and stern as she should be.Only I would replce fat with "Two Ton Annie" to make the point.That would explain why Steph and Caro both still have fab figures.Caro especailly carries herself with the grace of a ballet dancer.Stephanie too has dignified way of comportment.
paca if and when marika ever meets up with Charlene let us know and thanks for these invaluable insights we would not have had without you.
I'm not sure whether Steph attended her classes, but I don't think she did it for long. But I bet Caro whenever she meets Marika surely straightens her back more then usual, because that woman has the eyes of a cameleon: she looks in one direction and with the other eye she follows whichever dancer goes past, throwing them corrective remarks and short wisdoms in their way. She is a quite remarkable lady at 80+ and still teaching, difficult for some to digest, but I am used to that sort of personality, so I am mostly amused.

If I hear anything about a meeting between her and Charlene, I will surely let you know.

Pics 24.6.2007

Here's a pic of the mass and the celebration Charlene and Albert attended together on Sunday 24 June 2007

---> Pic

And here's the whole picture gallery from deadline --> Picture Gallery :flowers:

- on the Olympics and -sure good if CW got to Beijing sure thing on her power by association? Sure and place in the finals ........why not? in a strapless bathing suit after the ministry has a look at this.
A MidSummer Night's Dream is your favorite play by Shakespeare.

Certainly her association with PA will help her a great deal to get there on way or the other ( it would be naive to think that being with Albert all the time has not helped CW already). Maybe that is why she still claims to be training to try get a spot on somebody's team

By hook or by crook - or by strapless swimsuit, corseted dress, retro slit leg
lace up pants or whatever. :flowers:

Yes exactly hibou. Sorry didn't read all the posts when I made my reply. It is not her swimming she is training and they sould finally stop singing this tune. With all due respect, but this is desperation at its best. Maybe if Albert would have chosen a slightly better educated person with a job and a life besides Albert, then they wouldn't have to do damage control every time she shows. Admittedly it is not solely her fault. Her parents should have given her a decent education and manners. Obviously they failed, considering fame more important. But she is 29 years old, she has travelled in the world, she has met all kinds of people so has had plenty of opportunities that many less fortunate people haven't had. And yet she still can't behave at a table (remember the pics in the country club or the ones from last year when she was sort of slumped on a chair at a dinner in Menton) or dress appropriately for the occasion. I think that is rather telling about her intelligence, as a normal person would watch what others are doing and wearing and if in doubt ask questions. She has been 1 and a half years trying to convince us that she is good for the job. And I have seen not a single improvement. That is rather telling about her ability to learn, a major requirement IMO for the job she wants. I find it extremely noticeable that Mme Gallico is never present this year. Does Charlene not want her advice or did Mme Gallico give up on her? Considering that Bunte and other tabloids claim that Mme Gallico has been teaching her, I find Charlenes progress deplorable and it is rather strange that she wouldn't be near her pupil for emergency questions or to come to the rescue.

I think if Albert wanted someone with some credibility in charity work and sports promotion activity (or whatever it is that CW claims to want to do in MC - I don't know), he could have picked someone with a completed education (and not be sleeping with them - or at least not flaunting it) from before the start.

JMO:)

Last edited:
She can't be training in an indoor pool. She left South Africa for Monaco because it is winter in SA and she doesn't like to train in an indoor pool. In Europe/Monaco it is summer and she can keep on training in outdoor pools. Or so she said.

she actually said that?? so she may be eating her own words?

Funny though, she has not much money (I think) to pay for a private pool so how can someone with no money ( I think) not want to take advantage of free public facilities?

I would think she want people to see her swim so they can see her work - (she said it is her career).

Why not let people get a look to see it go for themselves :flowers:

my opinion only

Last edited:
could albert please buy her a better dress than what she is wearing because
she look like she is going to a beach party, i feel sorry for them both,if he cannot help her he should let her go.

she actually said that?? so she may be eating her own words?

Funny though, she has not much money (I think) to pay for a private pool so how can someone with no money ( I think) not want to take advantage of free public facilities?

I would think she want people to see her swim so they can see her work - (she said it is her career).

Why not let people get a look to see it go for themselves :flowers:

my opinion only
Yep, she did. I can see if I can find the quote if you want.

Yep, she did. I can see if I can find the quote if you want.

I'm surprised that CW went to catholic celebration in sandals and strapless dress.

The dress was not bad, just the occasion. She could have at least covered her shoulders with a short wrap or a small something. :mellow:

somebody should have told her, or she could have at least asked somebody what would be appropriate - even though people were dressed casual she could have done that small little bit even as a gesture. it would not have been that hard for her at all to ask or for somebody for a clue.

gee whiz!!! i'm surprised she didn't just show up barefoot for those sandals (again).

They sure doesn't expect much of this girl for her outfits - she could have at least asked somebody, or somebody could have hinted to her somehow (it's not like a she committed a crime but come on - how simple does one need to get?).

CW been in MC long enough to catch on to some things by now even if she is a long term official visitor imo.

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether Steph attended her classes, but I don't think she did it for long. But I bet Caro whenever she meets Marika surely straightens her back more then usual, because that woman has the eyes of a cameleon: she looks in one direction and with the other eye she follows whichever dancer goes past, throwing them corrective remarks and short wisdoms in their way. She is a quite remarkable lady at 80+ and still teaching, difficult for some to digest, but I am used to that sort of personality, so I am mostly amused.

If I hear anything about a meeting between her and Charlene, I will surely let you know.

I'm sure you will hear paca because Marika will bluntly tell Charlene every one of her faults and probably end with telling her she doesn't have what it takes. Charlene may be used to tough coaches but she is not used to someone like Marika. Marika is in a league of her own and what every young princess needs to give them poise and stature later in life.

Here's a pic of the mass and the celebration Charlene and Albert attended together on Sunday 24 June 2007

---> Pic

And here's the whole picture gallery from deadline --> Picture Gallery :flowers:

Thank you to all who have tried helping these photos, especially to you, iceflower.

Hmmm...where do I start with my observations? Granted it wasn't a formal event and there's an age difference between Elisabeth DeMassy or Anne DeMassy and CW, the DeMassy lady is dressed casually chic.

CW's outfit would have been appropriate for a beach party, a garden party or walking along the boulevards of Monaco. To give credit to CW, however, me thinks that she might be thinking that it's high summer in Monaco, she should then dress in breathable clothing.

Just curious, Mary of Denmark herself wasn't as chic when she started showing up everywhere as CP Frederik's girlfriend. Chic or not, I can't remember if Mary was dressed appropriately for events.

Certainly her association with PA will help her a great deal to get there on way or the other ( it would be naive to think that being with Albert all the time has not helped CW already). Maybe that is why she still claims to be training to try get a spot on somebody's team

By hook or by crook - or by strapless swimsuit, corseted dress, retro slit leg
lace up pants or whatever. :flowers:
No my dear, Theodore Pangalos has already been contacted and The Parthenon is not amused at Coca Cola antics and your flippant attitude.Olympics there will not be by hook or by crook for CW unless you suddenly speak Greek and know these people who spoke of it on television this morning from Athens.
By hook or by crook you are abusing the ethics of the Olympics and the ministry is well informed. She will not go period.The Olympics is about you and your own powers.
Try "chiton"as the vestment. She will not be there period full stop.There will soon be a write up in the of the big periodicals regarding this issue. I guess you invented the Olympics did you? Sorry no Charlene but if that should change the ministry will contact you.
Oh and by the way you're funny.....the Greeks will teach you how much

Thank you to all who have tried helping these photos, especially to you, iceflower.

Hmmm...where do I start with my observations? Granted it wasn't a formal event and there's an age difference between Elisabeth DeMassy or Anne DeMassy and CW, the DeMassy lady is dressed casually chic.

CW's outfit would have been appropriate for a beach party, a garden party or walking along the boulevards of Monaco. To give credit to CW, however, me thinks that she might be thinking that it's high summer in Monaco, she should then dress in breathable clothing.

Just curious, Mary of Denmark herself wasn't as chic when she started showing up everywhere as CP Frederik's girlfriend. Chic or not, I can't remember if Mary was dressed appropriately for events.
When does this stop being "Muscle Beach Party" attire ever?
And what in high summer you cannot wear linen or cotton sleeves on a crisp white blouse?
Black in high summer in Europe is unacceptable as it is black and induces more heat to the body.Everyone who has lived in the Southern European countries& tropical nations knows that.That is why Gandhiji was not in black but white.

thanks paca
Sounds like my ballet mistress loving her already....with stick in hand....while we were at the bar.Marika is the name gracefulness is the game.... I wonder if CW took ballet ever?

do you think she's 'training' at somebody's indoor swimming pool so she can try to make The Games next summer? maybe Albert told the press to stay back from her?
The games are the Olympic games.They are not the monopoly games the Nintendo games or the games of this board. They are the Olympics.We allude to Miss Wittsock deferentially as such.The Olympics Games are the ones you hope she will attend participate & triumph in.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think that the photo that iceflower have posted is from celebrations outside the church. It was dances and music. Because inside the church, she wasn't there. I have photos of that.

So Albert is living it up in Valencia with Michael Douglas. So where is Charlene partying this time? Back in Rome where she was last time Albert went to Spain?

Does anyone have the beach photo from Point de vue? Is that the same article from before or a new one?

The same article where she also wears this strange outfit to the TV festival thing. But her dress goes with his tie ;)

The same article where she also wears this strange outfit to the TV festival thing. But her dress goes with his tie ;)

Thanks paca. Have there been any more Charlene sightings about town or is she keeping a low profile since the St.Jean festival?

Well, she is still here, still wearing some black outfit, cake make up and terrible hairdo. The 4 year olds had their hair better done then her. maybe there are pics later. If she continues on to the dinner I believe she will meet Marika today, who dedicated tonights Gala to Grace. Marika was very elegant today and really dressed as Grand Dame. I hope there will be pictures of her with Charlene. Then you will see the difference and understand why she still bows before the picture of her great friend after 25 years.

Charlene chose to attend the horse jumping awards dinner with Albert vice the KZN awards dinner in South Africa. The photos are on getty.

Charlene chose to attend the horse jumping awards dinner with Albert vice the KZN awards dinner in South Africa. The photos are on getty.

She's pretty much blown her team mates from SA off I would say. As for attending a horse show, well let's put it this way, you either like horses or you don't. I will guess that Charlene was as bored as she was at the orchestra last year. Or she found it a novelty as she probably has not been to one. Most people who aren't into horses are interested for about the first hour and then they want to go home basically. I would love to see the pictures. I hope she doesn not say she is training for the Olympics anymore. Also I find it interesting that Caroline who loves to ride and gave the trophies last year chose to be on her yacht with the boys and their girlfriends in Sardinia.

When was that dinner? Because at present there is a gala dinner going on in the Hermitage.They were 20 past eight at Salle Garnier (late as usual).The performance finished at 23.00h. I suppose once pics from today appear we will know more. Unless she is wearing the same dress. Since she was wearing black with paillettes today it will be difficult to say.

Last edited:
I believe the KZN awards dinner was scheduled for tonight in South Africa. I have not seen any photos of Charlene taken during the day today just the two that are posted for the dinner tonight, black halter top with silver on the bodice. Today was her hair down? One of the crowd shots of Albert at the opening of the Princess Grace Path, has a person that looks like Charlene, but I can't zoom in close enough to see. The person is wearing her hair down, black and white dress/pants suit.

now that must have been a busy party night for Albert and Charlene. There is a pic of them with Mc Namara on todays frontpage. So when we add that up, they attended (yesterday?) the jumping dinner, were from 20.20h onwards in the opera to assist a ballet performance with Gala dinner after (Charlene dressed in Black) and then they went on to party all dressed in white at the sea lounge. No surprise that her hair looks a mess all the time...

And it looks like during the intermissions they went to hand out a prize.

Last edited:
now that must have been a busy party night for Albert and Charlene. There is a pic of them with Mc Namara on todays frontpage. So when we add that up, they attended (yesterday?) the jumping dinner, were from 20.20h onwards in the opera to assist a ballet performance with Gala dinner after (Charlene dressed in Black) and then they went on to party all dressed in white at the sea lounge. No surprise that her hair looks a mess all the time...

I think what I find alarming is his trotting her around as if she were already in the role of Princess as if people should get used to her, yet there is no engagement. Albert has continued to show bad judgement. Non of the other royal houses trotted their girlfriends to official engagements until they had announced their plans to marry. Even William and Harry had not done so with their girlfriends.

Last edited by a moderator:

here a photo... http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x216/lckc571_album/nuitblanchepour.jpg

here other part of article

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x216/lckc571_album/ausealounge.jpg
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x216/lckc571_album/pourprolongerlafte.jpg

lckc571

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom