Charlene Wittstock Current Events 2 : April 2006 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is supposed to be a thread about current events; if there aren't any current events to talk about, feel free to wait until there are. Speculation about why Charlene Wittstock feels the way she does is really not productive.

Elspeth

Monaco moderator

On the Italian mag "Chi" there are pics (not official) of Charlene in teh Palace gardens with Albert.

Grace said:
On the Italian mag "Chi" there are pics (not official) of Charlene in teh Palace gardens with Albert.
Or really can you post it please.

teense said:
CW is very unpretentious until she opens her mouth.

She loves to talk to the press about her soul mate.

She does seem to like to tell the press about what a good match she is for him.

LOL -- I'd like to point one other thing, but Albert has taken other women to events and has been photographed with them CW is not the first to sit in that spot (remember NC sitting in the royal box at the tennis match).

Best to them, but I'll just wait to see what happens with this one.:)

I agree Lillia with your comments, Charlene is not the only female PA has taken to special events and a guest of the Palace. Claudia Schiffer also was a guest along with Alicia Warlick in the past. So if he decides to take this relationship any farther, best of luck to them both. :)

I just have to make a silly observation-could'nt help myself.
Is anyone reminded of Charlene Wittstock and Prince Albert evertime they see the actors liev schreiber and Naomi Watts together? Judge for yourself.
Source: gettyimages
Paris Match

you're right, there is a resemblance! Especially the women!
I have to say that on this particular picture, Albert and Charlene come across as a sweet well-matched couple!! whow knew?!

No matter how Charlene is presented I still feel if she and Albert marry that she will be a disgrace to the memory of Princess Grace.

I also believe that she is counting on his age and money to help make her a "Merry Widow".

hello there everyone. i have enjoyed reading comments that people have posted and hope to continue to do so. so keep posting!I believe Albert needs to find someone his own age . Women have been able to have kids in their 40s, and rarely their 50s. But this is Alberts decision .

Last edited:
Queen Zenobia said:
I just have to make a silly observation...
Queen Zenobia, you are right on target with this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Albert doesn't marry Charlene. It is funny how he has skipped over Annabelle Bond who, by all appearances, is smart, pretty, mature, discreet and has done something with her life. Instead he bothers with Charlene who, by all appearances, seems to be just like most of his past dates and failed relationships. She brags about being his at-the-moment lover, seeks publicity for herself while not caring what the people of MC might think about it -- they will have to approve of her, and besides finishing fifth at the Olympics six years ago has hardly done anything with her life. No wonder why PR didn't like any of Albert's girlfriends. I just don't know what to say.:(

maryellen1539 said:
No matter how Charlene is presented I still feel if she and Albert marry that she will be a disgrace to the memory of Princess Grace.

I also believe that she is counting on his age and money to help make her a "Merry Widow".

No one Albert marries is going to measure up to Princess Grace in the eyes of most people. The woman will be forever compared to an icon, therefore, she will lose every time. I may be new here but I must say I feel your words regarding Charlene are a bit harsh seeing as you do not know her peronally.

That being said, does anyone know if she is still in Monaco? Will she be at the Grand Prix?

Can't he at least find a woman who is doing something other than waiting around to be taken care of like, imo, Miss Wittstock is doing?

"CHI" mag appears in my town tomorrow, so in the meantime I can only post its cover showing a small pic of PA and CW. (via dagospia)

They don't look happy on the Chi cover. Maybe the inside has happier photos.

Well, we all keep saying the same things. I just can't understand why PA can't pick,if she's the one, who he wants .First place, whoev er that was up there, he doesn't want or probably need an older woman than that. He might consider himself lucky finding a "commoner" like that part of himself. And somebody to just really relax and have fun with. She can learn all she'll ever need to know. The truth you/we don't really, really know the man,himself. Be happy-again the buck stops with him.

Laviollette said:
I hope Albert doesn't marry Charlene. It is funny how he has skipped over Annabelle Bond who, by all appearances, is smart, pretty, mature, discreet and has done something with her life. Instead he bothers with Charlene who, by all appearances, seems to be just like most of his past dates and failed relationships. She brags about being his at-the-moment lover, seeks publicity for herself while not caring what the people of MC might think about it -- they will have to approve of her, and besides finishing fifth at the Olympics six years ago has hardly done anything with her life. No wonder why PR didn't like any of Albert's girlfriends. I just don't know what to say.:(

Well, I guess if that's the case (no body knows actually) she may have the idea that other woman may have started thinking with PA -- they may as well make sure she gets a little more out of her 'interactions' with PA than just a few nice memories. Make the best of it, get introduced to the right people, find a great puffy career for herself at the least so she can start doing something and have fun while it lasts. All that would be is simply making sure not to walk away empty handed after 'sharing the goods' with PA because who knows what his long term intentions are. :confused: :confused: :p .

CW is an adult and she has to make her way in the world like every other woman does and she has to use whatever she's got to do it, right?;) :confused: :p . Albert seems not to mind and he's getting something from her too.

imo, Annabelle probably would have higher expectations and not want to tolerate any foolishness for too long. AB seems a lot more self-directed, educated, polished and mature than the women PA seems to gravitate towards, she does not seem like the kind of woman who needs to be 'rescued', but that's just my opinion, I would not know.

Is CW still going to train for the Olympics? What happened to CW's plan for training? Isn't it getting near time for qualifying meets, aren't there competitions going on that the serious athletes are currently medalling for, or is that later this summer?

Last edited:
I think its so weird how Albert can not find anyone to settle down with. If he were just a regular guy, then big deal! As the top royal of Monaco he must know that the eyes of the world are on him and public opinion comes with the territory and a royal must give public opinion some consideration. His reputation was already severely damaged by the Nicole Coste scandel and I just don't think he can maintain any degree of popularity in the future by tabloid pages of him dating one woman after another...he has done this over and over again for decades and I personally would like to see a different outcome....a wedding, sooner rather than later.

Heidi P. said:
I think its so weird how Albert can not find anyone to settle down with. If he were just a regular guy, then big deal! As the top royal of Monaco he must know that the eyes of the world are on him and public opinion comes with the territory and a royal must give public opinion some consideration. His reputation was already severely damaged by the Nicole Coste scandel and I just don't think he can maintain any degree of popularity in the future by tabloid pages of him dating one woman after another...he has done this over and over again for decades and I personally would like to see a different outcome....a wedding, sooner rather than later.

i don't think a wedding would solve any of his problems nor would it necessarily put him in a more positive light. when/if the time is right is up to him. same with whomever he chooses to be his bride, if he ever does.

libra65 said:
No one Albert marries is going to measure up to Princess Grace in the eyes of most people. The woman will be forever compared to an icon, therefore, she will lose every time.

You've read my mind.

In the beginning I wasn't too fond of Charlene. As time has passed my feelings about her are neutral. If PA happy and she loves him for the right reasons than I'm happy for them.

If an engagement is in the future for the couple I look forward to seeing a total makeover for Charlene (which I believe is long over due.)

:)

Laviollette said:
Can't he at least find a woman who is doing something other than waiting around to be taken care of like, imo, Miss Wittstock is doing?

You're not suggesting he'd take an interest in newly 'liberated' 'landmine campaigner' Miss Heather Mills, now do you? ;)

libra65 said:
No one Albert marries is going to measure up to Princess Grace in the eyes of most people. The woman will be forever compared to an icon, therefore, she will lose every time.

You know what, I have to disagree here. Having seen the pictures with Anna Bond and having read her incredibly impressive bio, I think she'd be suitable, very suitable indeed, but in her own way. She'd be an asset to boring stuffy Monaco (sorry Paca, just my opinion!), I think.

libra65 said:

I am a huge fan of Grace, yet I do feel Albert could find a woman who is of her caliber and who most people would feel is a beautiful person inside and out.

Ghislaine said:
I wanted to comment on the pics, but maybe it's better not to. <Still looking for that green sick smiley tho>

Instead a very short summary of the South African piece:
CW glows of happiness like never before. Monegasques & magazines alike expect wedding bells before the end of the year. PA has a relationship with CW since 2000. Six years on they know each other better. "We're soulmates more than anything else", says CW. "I'll go to Monaco next week for the Grand Prix", CW told happily.
CW didn't want to say much more. She said the palace PR office analyses everything that's written about the two lovebirds. "That's why I can't elaborate much about 'us'. "
About the appointments with the expensive hairdresser: "I don't know where people get that news". <In other words: it's not true. Sorry, hard to translate. G.>

Well, if the PR office indeed happens to read this: Would somebody please wander over to PA and knock some sense into the man? Pretty, pretty please? I'll even beg on my knees if it helps...

G.
When you have found your soul mate you know right away and you don't have any type of relationship with other woman especially sex which has occurred in this case. Albert has a child from one of those relationships. And how long did it take after they meet the first time to connect again while he was dating Nicole as well as others? I also thought every one decided the woman on the boat last summer wasn't Charlene. Just my two cents on the comment.

I do not recall Albert ever referring to this relationship as "soulmates". Maybe someone can find an article to state this fact. All I read is what CW is saying. As a matter of fact, I never read or heard PA say anything about this relationship. In the past he has made comments about his dating companions. What has he said about this relationship?...I am curious. Does anybody have any information? If so please post... Thanks :)

I do not think PA has married because he has it within his power to have a different woman every week, and most men would love to have that kind of power.

As far as CW's "natural" look, I think it's aweful. but come on CW, your not that pretty....get it together.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was reading some very interesting things on another "royal forum." A man in Monaco speaks about local CW reaction......
Anyway, upon seeing the Chi cover and body language at the "pre -grand Prix", I think PA has cooled slightly towards CW...... They sure don't look like they did at the Olympics.....
I'm sooooo hoping that her brief visit to Monaco was just a "consolation prize" for the safari cancellation....
I think he looked a lot happier at his dinner party with Annabelle.....

leahteresa said:
I do not think PA has married because he has it within his power to have a different woman every week, and most men would love to have that kind of power.

As far as CW's "natural" look, I think it's aweful. but come on CW, your not that pretty....get it together.

hi leahteresa & ladymac:) :)

I agree. CW is the one doing all the talking to the press. Although I would guess PA may have said to her how he wants a family, wants to marry, has trouble finding the right woman who can handle the pressure, etc..

I hope she get something in return for for all her 'sharing' because imo, they don't have much in common.

Could anyone imagine CW standing on a podium with Caroline and Chalotte? I could see Anna maybe but not so much CW.

Last edited:
Hey Lil...

Yes, I just visited that other royal web page and read that CW was a high school drop out....can anyone confirm this? I knew she could care less about education but I did not realize.

It's really hard to tell from pictures what's going on between people. I know they used to take tons of pics of charles and Di and print ones where they were not smiling, then create headlines about fued....I think it can be misleading. Who knows what's going on in people's heads...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom