The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Nobility

Oh, I did not read that whole last post and am not trying to split hairs and be offensive, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but Charlene is far from "striking". They could put anyone on the airbrushed cover of vogue and they would look good. Now she's not ugly, not at all, I have seen some nice pictures where she looks good but she just is not stiking.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
Oh, I did not read that whole last post and am not trying to split hairs and be offensive, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but Charlene is far from "striking". They could put anyone on the airbrushed cover of vogue and they would look good. Now she's not ugly, not at all, I have seen some nice pictures where she looks good but she just is not stiking.
I'm a 5'3" brunette with the typical southern Italian hourglass figure. Any 6', blonde with no hips is stiking to me. In certain photos she is pretty, but I agree, she's not breathtakingly beautiful like Grace was.

Old 04-26-2006, 01:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
I'm a 5'3" brunette with the typical southern Italian hourglass figure. Any 6', blonde with no hips is stiking to me. In certain photos she is pretty, but I agree, she's not breathtakingly beautiful like Grace was.
No one can be as beautiful as Grace was, it was as good as it gets
But Charlene has the statuesque-blonde thing going so maybe that's why people do the comparison, they long for another Grace, she was one of a kind and they have to understand that
Old 04-27-2006, 01:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
Nothing wrong with that, I'm a 5'3" brunette with a typical southern united states hourglass figure......not to mention I'm 38 weeks pregnant with a very healthy baby boy......victoia's secret arrives in the mail, my eyes well up with tears, my bottom lip quivers....

Hey, no hips, no boobs, that's what I say.

CW just does nothing for me in any department. But, if PA loves her, he should marry her to hell with everybody else. I admire Prince Charles for standing by Camillla, God knows she stood by him. Plus, if he's going to be king, he needs to act like one and marry whomever he chooses, and he did.

Oh, this thread is calling CW his current "girlfriend". And I know they are suing Paris Match together but did the Palace release a statement discribing her as a girlfriend? Anyone?
Old 04-27-2006, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Well, I don't know how actually true this can be, but I read on this weeks issue of Italian "DIVA" mag, that Albert and Charlene's wedding would be settled next Fall. According to that mag, all the Palace emplyoees' leaves, arranged for next October, have been cancelled.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Gentry

Do you have a link to that site ?
Old 04-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
Well, I don't know how actually true this can be, but I read on this weeks issue of Italian "DIVA" mag, that Albert and Charlene's wedding would be settled next Fall. According to that mag, all the Palace emplyoees' leaves, arranged for next October, have been cancelled.
Sounds a bit out there....we'll just have to wait and see....or hope someone who works at the palace pops on our thread to announce their leave has been cancelled. If it's next october....that's a bit too far off I think....we'll see.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Aristocracy

As far as scheduled annual leave for a large operation, October is not that far off. Every fall my office schedules annual leave for the entire next year.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryellen1539
As far as scheduled annual leave for a large operation, October is not that far off. Every fall my office schedules annual leave for the entire next year.
True...however, I would think the Palace would wait until the last possible moment to do anything that would even make an announcment seem imminent in order to keep things quiet and keep press hoopla and leaks to a minimum. Grace & Rainier only had a 3 1/2 month engagement (announced Jan 5, 1956, married April 19, 1956) in order to do this...and that didn't work. Also, no other media has picked up on this...and then there is "l'amie blonde"...I think it's something planted to boost circulation.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:19 PM
Aristocracy

I agree. I just wanted to explain how scheduling annual works for a large operation. I scheduled my up coming leave in November, last October.

I did not realize that Grace & Rainier engagement was only 3 1/2 months. The wedding and her dress was so wonderful.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Courtier

They were in contact for quite a bit before the official announcement. IIRC, they knew each other a year before they got married. A smart idea, to see how someone is during all four seasons.

Ann
Old 04-28-2006, 01:42 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
I read that, too. Although in another mag. They wrote there are 3 proofs:
  • For the first half of October there are booked several hundred rooms in Monaco's best hotels.
  • The staff isn't allowed to take vacations in October.
  • The company Ruggeri known for its fantastic fireworks plans at that time a "gigantic light spectacle".
So make of it what you will.

Quote:
Do you think Charlene was the tall blond in New York in November when he was there for the Princess Grace Foundation dinner?
That woman was ... *drumroll* ... a relative from the Kelly side.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:13 AM
Courtier

October of 2006 or 2007?

Ann
Old 04-28-2006, 06:40 AM
Aristocracy

http://www.you.co.za/articledisplay....Category_id=40

Everytime I post an article I do something wrong. So here's the website, you need an account to read it.

But You magazine of South Africia has an article in the latest article entitled: Listen out for wedding bells by Stefen Blatt/Robert Crabtree/Bunte.

In it, her favorite designer Terrence Bray is traveling to Europe to ..."I have to make preparations for a wedding..." is all he prepared to say. Charlene has apprently booked an appointment with celebrity hairdresser Alexandre to discuss her hair for the wedding.

The article makes Charlene out to a good match for Albert and that their families are very similar.

Her father is quoted in saying that Albert has not been for a visit yet, but the rumors are that there will be "a royal wedding in Monaco in Europe’s autumn. "

Paca...they say at the begining of the article that the folks of Mnaco are speculating that wedding bells will be ringing before the end of the year because Albert has never looked happier and Charlene is beaming.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:12 AM
Gentry

Quote:
There is no such article in You.I can't even open other headline. All iam hearing on this site is this mg said this and that but nothing for me to go on, ihave search high and low Her hair stylist is talking her designer is talking gran ma is talking, dad is talking and nothing from the Palace. I do not think that is how royalty does things.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:06 AM
Aristocracy

Good or bad, if Charlene is Prince Albert's choice, there is nothing anyone can do. However, I am disappointed in his choice. The Grimaldi's, except for Prince Rainier, have always made bad choices for partners. Why would Prince Albert be the exception?! Hopefully, she will be able to bear the heir to the throne and everyone will live happily ever after.
miraglia1983
Old 04-28-2006, 08:13 AM
Aristocracy

Charlene has apprently booked an appointment with celebrity hairdresser Alexandre to discuss her hair for the wedding.

Is this Alexandre the "ultrafamous" hairdresser that coiffed Jackie Kennedy and Elizabeth Taylor? because if so he should be around 120 years old :p and pardon my expression do you really want to put your head under the hands of a 120 yo hairdresser? not even with a comb, and forget about scissors.
Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Commoner

I don't see how Albert and Charlenes's familys are "similiar". Unless they are talking about Charlenes's mother and Albert who are the same age. Familys that are close to each other can be something thats very common.

I sure wouldn't want a 120 year old, dead hairdressser touching my hair. That must be the latest style, "The Ghost Look".

I translated this from German, it tells a little more about Charlenes family.

Sporty successes: Swimmer

In her homeland the south African Charlene Lynette Wittstock is a successful and well-known achievement swimmer. The 28jaehrige in the back swimming could achieve their international successes. In the years 2001 and 2002 it got gold in each case with the swim Weltcup over 100 meters of backs. With the olympic plays in Sydney in the year 2000 the blond athlete with its crew gave medal: Place five in the 4-x-100-Meter-Lagenstaffel.

As merry and uncomplicatedly valid Charlene buildup together with its brothers and sisters Gareth (27) and Sean the (23) with their parents in Benoni, a good-civil suburb of Johannesburg. Their father manages a small company with son Sean, sells printers and copiers. In the meantime Charlene lives in an apartment in Durban at the Indian ocean, because she trains there.

http://morgenpost.berlin1.de/content...lt/823458.html
Old 04-28-2006, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
[quote=Ms Griffin]
Quote:
I read that, too. Although in another mag. They wrote there are 3 proofs:
  • For the first half of October there are booked several hundred rooms in Monaco's best hotels.
  • The staff isn't allowed to take vacations in October.
  • The company Ruggeri known for its fantastic fireworks plans at that time a "gigantic light spectacle".
So make of it what you will.
I forgot to add that the mag also mentions another two "coincidences" going on in Paris:

Charlene has often be seen having sessions at Alexandre's, the celebrities' hairdresser.

Charlene's favourite designer has flown from South Africa to Paris. He said he was going to make preparations for a wedding...
Old 04-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Nobility

There have been many rumors involving this couple. I know of two thus far that were completely false. There was the rumor that Charlene was going to the Rose Ball. There was even details about her Chanel dress and Cartier jewelry. There was also the rumor that Albert was going to announce his engagement to Charlene in April. Do magazines just make this stuff up hoping to push a response from the Palace or perhaps to increase sales?

No one really knows whether the rumor about her taking French lessons, taking Catholic conversion classes, or going on a Safari in April (hey that will have to be soon) are true.

If Charlene is now living in Paris as the latest rumors seem to imply, then I will give more credence to these rumors. If she is living in Paris, I'm sure she is not paying for it herself and it is for a reason.

I still believe when (I really do believe he will mary) Albert decides to announce his engagement (to Charlene or whomever), the public will be surprised. Meaning, you probably will not have seen this woman on his arms at any of his public engagements. I do not think he wants the media frenzy that accompanied his public outing with Charlene at the Olympics. He will follow the example of Felipe and Phillipe in this instance, which I think was a smart move.