Charlene Wittstock Current Events 2 : April 2006 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jabilo said:
i have to agree, I think it is way past a laughing stock. I mean with all that has happened with the reigning family. There is nothing close to it in any other royal households. I mean they really do not act anything like what we expect from royals. They do things that even some commoners like us would not do and yet no one cares if we did. Why lie they are a mess. I don't think anyone takes them seriously and after the new paternity allegations are confirmed, it will be worse and any woman who marries PA will be doing it purely for fame and money. No normal intellingent self-respecting woman would marry into that if there was no title or money to accompany it.

I beg to differ, Jabilo (I mean marked words). I believe that there are intelligent and sane women with a wordly-wisdom and good heart, who are able to fall in love with PA (not only because of his wallet and title), take the risk of marrying him and connect their future with his country. Among such things as money and fame there are so many other interesting things as political, social and cultural actions to be involved with, that I think it would be too boring to refuse them being just a wife smiling and waving from the balcony. It would be boring not only for her, but also for PA...with time...But a good wife could rescue not only him, but change situation in his country for the better, improve its image and try to restore cracked relationships with other Royal Houses. There is heap of work to do! May be I am very imaginative, but why not at long last?! PA dreams about "excellence" in his country and I think his future wife shall be the first step in that direction ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to make one comment:

Could it be that Albert is behaving so differently towards C.W. because his father has died? After all, this is the first compagnion/girl-friend/affair AFTER the death. He is now much freer to do as he likes.

So maybe all this speculation on where he takes her etc. etc. starts from the wrong starting point?

AquaMarine said:
I beg to differ, Jabilo (I mean marked words). I believe that there are intelligent and sane women with a wordly-wisdom and good heart, who are able to fall in love with PA (not only because of his wallet and title), take the risk of marrying him and connect their future with his country. Among such things as money and fame there are so many other interesting things as political, social and cultural actions to be involved with, that I think it would be too boring to refuse them being just a wife smiling and waving from the balcony. It would be boring not only for her, but also for PA...with time...But a good wife could rescue not only him, but change situation in his country for the better, improve its image and try to restore cracked relationships with other Royal Houses. There is heap of work to do! May be I am very imaginative, but why not at long last?! PA dreams about "excellence" in his country and I think his future wife shall be the first step in that direction ;)

Aquamarine, do you believe Albert has met the proper woman to do this?

I am going to lean myself out of the window here, but someone said somewhere that CW might just be a rouse and in light of recent developments, I think there might be sth to it. At xmas Jazmin was in Monaco and after PA took off to SA. Beginning of the year speculations about JGG reappeared in the tabs. At the same time PA appeared in public with CW at the Olympics and the Maledives. Things calmed down on both fronts and, people thought it had gone away. Finally CW turns up at the GP just days before PA recognizes JGG. Coincidence or strategy?

Some people think he is cleaning up to get ready to get married. From what we know (inspite of their meeting 6 years ago), their relation is fairly young. I have also read that people think that he won't be able to get out of this one, he has gone too far ahead with her. Has he really? With this new "scandal" everyone would understand, if their relation wouldn't work out. Breaking up in a few weeks or months, would have them both keep their face. And they both will have gotten sth out of it. (sort of reminds me a bit of Claudia Schiffer and David Copperfield - even their bodylanguage in the pics seems similar). CW said at some point that the press office is analyzing everything. People jumped to the conclusion that it is because of an impending wedding. How about, did people take the bait? Is it working and distracting the media and public opinion. If they do analyze, then they will be very aware of people here not liking CW. To have her rush into a marriage, as some claim as soon as October, would be desastrous, IMO. Some here on the boards have said that a lot of the news around CW seemed orchestrated. And that she is posing for the cameras etcetc. It was assumed that she did this in order to promote herself into the princess position. But what if all this was to distract people from JGG? Maybe it was a deal that she would pose as his GF to distract people. She doesn't have a career and her swimming days are over. Why not use this opportunity and surely PA will look after her in one way or the other.

JUst a thought and a different interpretation to what we have seen lately.

BurberryBrit said:
Besides the duties that PL1991 mentioned the future Princess of Monaco will have, she will also be raising the future heir. That in and of itself is a monumental role, and if she displays a lack of class and shows no interest in education, what will she teach her children?

But remember, Princess Grace didn't have a huge role in raising Albert. From what I have read, she basically had to ask permission to spend time with him even when he was a small boy. Prince Rainier was grooming him from the moment he was born.

I still also contend that the rules were different for Albert than for Caroline and Stephanie. Prince Rainier could live with their scandals because they were not the heir. Albert's scandals were covered up because he was the heir. I do think that is why Jazmin was not recognized officially, I think it was not an option while Prince Rainier was alive.

eded said:
They are already several trophy wifes in the world. Monaco needs more than a healthy uterus.

I agree with you so much. (BTW-welcome Newbie--nice to have someone else on board from the Wash. area)
But after seeing CW in a bikini from the Maldives photos--I would suggest to PA to have her take a fertility test ......

paca said:
I am going to lean myself out of the window here, but someone said somewhere that CW might just be a rouse and in light of recent developments, I think there might be sth to it. At xmas Jazmin was in Monaco and after PA took off to SA. Beginning of the year speculations about JGG reappeared in the tabs. At the same time PA appeared in public with CW at the Olympics and the Maledives. Things calmed down on both fronts and, people thought it had gone away. Finally CW turns up at the GP just days before PA recognizes JGG. Coincidence or strategy?

I definitely think it helped him to have an official picture of him with ANY girlfriend in a reputable setting once this story hit. I looked at the pictures in Newscom and Le Figaro had taken pictures of Albert coming out of a notary office with his lawyers in May, before Charlene came to Monaco. Remember, the last pictures that anyone saw of Albert with a woman were the ones of Charlene sucking on his chest in Maldives and he going into a cabaret in Paris with her (or someone that looked like her). That's not a very nice image to have if you know this story is going to hit soon.

What we don't know is what are his feelings are towards her. For the most part, the press is willing to give Charlene a pass. they won't a new Princess of Monaco to write about and hopefully sell many magazines. They really haven't said much about who she is other than that she looks like Princess Grace, which should prove to anyone that they are trying to pump her up.

I think the most telling strategy of perhaps the palace trying to promote her is the title of Monte Carlo press's website with the pictures of Albert and Charlene at the Auto Club Gala; "The Principality under the Charm of Charlene." All the pictures are of her (and some of Albert). The captions are "natural beauty" and the last picture and caption reads "welcome". So clearly someone is trying to promote her and hoping to change Albert's image through her.
http://www.mcpress.mc/

I don't know; I do not live there. But, were people in Monaco really charmed by her? Is her image enough to help smooth Albert over this scandal? Perhaps once this blows over, maybe Albert will re-evaluate the relationship and his life.

I think she knew about her, she seems to be close to Albert and it is probably that he explained everything to her before the news appeared.

MyAdia said:
I definitely think it helped him to have an official picture of him with ANY girlfriend in a reputable setting once this story hit.

snip interesting arguments.

Perhaps once this blows over, maybe Albert will re-evaluate the relationship and his life.

A very interesting way to look at the events. Thanks for posting that!:)

Damn people, you can't image how funny it is to read everything here about Charlene! She hasn't the right style, she isn't 'classy' enough,...

You can even ask yourself if Albert is the right man to be Prince Of Monaco? He has 2 children with 2 different women, he has had more girlfriends than Paris Hilton had boyfriends, they'r almost all smoking,...

Are these people so diffrent? No, I don't think so. Please, give Charlene a chance so she can proove who she really is and what she really feels.

Flewinck.

flewinck said:
Damn people, you can't image how funny it is to read everything here about Charlene! She hasn't the right style, she isn't 'classy' enough,...

You can even ask yourself if Albert is the right man to be Prince Of Monaco? He has 2 children with 2 different women, he has had more girlfriends than Paris Hilton had boyfriends, they'r almost all smoking,...

Are these people so diffrent? No, I don't think so. Please, give Charlene a chance so she can proove who she really is and what she really feels.

Flewinck.

Albert's dignity has been talked about on these boards. maybe not this thread, but another. and someone already stated the fact that Albert is no better and people agreed.

flewinck said:

Flewinck.

I agree, but I don't understand the last part...if Albert is not better than her (or of his countless other girlfriends), how can our opinion of her improve after some time? I have lost any faith in Albert's capacity of finding a different kind of women than the ones he usually dates; this is probably his type, because he is obviously not interested in other things like culture, or interest in social work (notice that his girlfriends tend not to have a degree; that's indicative). I just wish he was not on the throne...

Now that PA confirmed and recognized his second illegitimate child, this clears the way for a possible announcement of an engagement to Charlene. Or am I stretching it a bit on this one? My feeling is that this may happen by Fall.

My sentiments regarding PA being on the throne, let's just say, so far I'm disappointed. His past and current behavior leaves me doubtful as a true leader. One can only compare to his late father, which I know in all fairness is wrong to do, who truly was a great ruler. Prince Rainer did so much for his country while Albert not so much. Sure he has been on the throne for only a year, but so far I can only shake my head in disappointment.

Let us all hope PA will do a better job as well as set a better example for his people in the years to come. Who knows, by marrying Charlene maybe he'll grow up finally.

Well, we could speculate that the acknowledgement of paternity was a step on the road to clearing the way for an engagement announcement, or we could speculate that the talk of an engagement announcememt was a way to distract people's attention from the Jazmin business. If you have two major things going on at once, it distracts people's attention from focusing on one of them exclusively.

Since we don't know which of the speculations is correct, we'll just have to wait and see how the Albert-Charlene relationship develops.

i personally think that if PA was going to marry anyone, everyone will disapproval. this is because she's probably a commoner( so she must be a golddigger), she's going to be young( he can't marry anyone of his age as she won't probably be able to produce any heirs), and due to the fact that she's probably going to be in her 20's OMG its the same age as his nephews and niece. the fact is if and when he marries none of us or the public could change his decision or their matrimony. so this time we've managed to find thousands of faults with charlene next time another women will be subjected to the same ordeal.

pinkylou said:
i personally think that if PA was going to marry anyone, everyone will disapproval. this is because she's probably a commoner( so she must be a golddigger), she's going to be young( he can't marry anyone of his age as she won't probably be able to produce any heirs), and due to the fact that she's probably going to be in her 20's OMG its the same age as his nephews and niece. the fact is if and when he marries none of us or the public could change his decision or their matrimony. so this time we've managed to find thousands of faults with charlene next time another women will be subjected to the same ordeal.

I have to disagree with you.

People would, perhaps, be open to a woman who would be suitable as PA wife. By this I mean a woman who is discrete, accomplished in some area, educated, polite, and someone who carries herself with some degree of dignity.

A potential wife doesn't have to be stiff by any sense, but a woman with some similar behavior to the current Princesses and Crown Princesses around the world. PA is right in some respect, no matter who he marries his future wife will always be unfairly compared to his late beloved mother, Princess Grace. Nevertheless, I do feel PA could do better than Charlene and her undignified (from my perspective only) behavior.

Do I think she is suitable as the wife of the Sovereign and leader of Monaco? In one word, no. There have been to many mistakes made by Charlene so far from my perspective. Do I think he will propose to her? Yes. Will she change PA's behavior in a positive way? Maybe. One can only hope. Can she change her current mannerisms? Of course, but I think no matter what happens royal watchers and to some degree the citizens of Monaco may look at her with raised eyebrows.

Last edited:
i might be ignorant as i haven't heard much about her, but what 'mistakes' has she made? all i've heard was that she was a high school drop out, and gave an interview.

Elspeth said:
Well, we could speculate that the acknowledgement of paternity was a step on the road to clearing the way for an engagement announcement, or we could speculate that the talk of an engagement announcememt was a way to distract people's attention from the Jazmin business. If you have two major things going on at once, it distracts people's attention from focusing on one of them exclusively.

Since we don't know which of the speculations is correct, we'll just have to wait and see how the Albert-Charlene relationship develops.
Very brilliant the way you put this, Elspeth.;)

paca said:
I am going to lean myself out of the window here, but someone said somewhere that CW might just be a rouse and in light of recent developments, I think there might be sth to it....quote]I'm totally with paca on this one. It is conceivable to me that they would arrange for her to get publicity, and for him to distance himself from NC. A marriage at this point would be not only premature, but could have disastrous results if it is short-lived. At this point, I can only imagine how PA's credibility is sinking, so he would be well-advised to wait on marriage. But, as Elspeth put it--we'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMarine

Freedom said:
Aquamarine, do you believe Albert has met the proper woman to do this?

:) Freedom, I don't know if PA had ever met the proper woman, but I believe in her existence. We all have our soulmates, another question - where are they? Sometimes we don't notice that someone special right under our very nose, but trying to look behind the horizon. Who knows where is that "heroic lady" who is able to turn over all the world of PA ;)

What a shame! This is all very unfortunate. Why has this family always done things that are not appropriate? Even their ancestors did embarassing things. I also think it is the type of environment they have grown up in. The French Riviera is a very liberal place and it has influenced the behavior of the Monegasque princely family. Very different to the environment the other royals live in. A much more conservative atmosphere. Prince Rainier and Princess Grace had 3 rebellious and defiant children who would rather be independent than live by the rules of being a royal. They have had a very priviledged life and sometimes that does spoil a child. Thank God that Princess Caroline has finally settled into the responsible and giving humanitarian that she is now. But look at all the headaches she gave her parents and look at how liberal her children are. Princess Stephanie also has had her share of lovers and has embarassed her family many times, but now is settling into a more serious life. So it doesn't surprise me that Prince Albert would also do shameful things. But it is time to grow up and think about the future of his country. But, let's face it. He is running out of time to have children. Charlene is young and can give him many children eventhough she doesn't seem suitable for the role of Princess of Monaco. She is very pretty and I am sure makes him feel good to have this beauty by his side. Hopefully, she will be polished and educated to carry this role to the best of her abilities. Let's hope they love each other because they will need love to endure what might come next. I wish they had all choosen different lives and had made better partner choices and brought prestige to their country. But they have trashed it and will need God's help and their country's to make a success out of this mess.

There has been many rumours that the Grimaldi's were cursed. IM beginning to believe this. Albert will never find a suitable wife.This familiy is a disgrace!

I'm not sure I like Charlene, there's no spark to her... no glitter!

Please express your opinions only. Second and third party information is considered gossip and will be deleted by the moderating team without notice.

If your friends, family members and associates wish to share their views with us, encourage them to join the forum.

Please review the TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines, Post #1, [The responsibilities of a Royal Forums (RF) Member] Rule #8.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Mandy
Monaco Moderator

I've just deleted a whole lot of posts that had nothing whatever to do with the thread topic. People wanting to talk about Andrea are welcome to do so in the correct forum.

This is the thread to discuss Charlene Wittstock's current events.

Elspeth

Monaco moderator

GlitteringTiaras said:
I have to disagree with you.
People would, perhaps, be open to a woman who would be suitable as PA wife. By this I mean a woman who is discrete, accomplished in some area, educated, polite, and someone who carries herself with some degree of dignity...
I have to agree with pinkylou that people will not agree with anywoman PA chooses to be with. That is just how it is. Well at least anywoman he dates or wants to marry will go through the same thing we have gone through on these boards. Most people will hate her some will support her but no matter who he marries even CW, i am sure she will grow on all us eventually and we will start to like her and sort of understand her. Because now when we write all these things here even though it does not matter to PA, when more of us have the same sentiments we imagine that maybe PA will see it too and move one to what we believe is ideal but once he marries then its a done deal and we have to give her a chance to proove herself one way or another. For now i am leaning towards the possibility that charlene is the one. Its a ghut feeling just like i had about jazmin being his daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom