The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think he and Tati are in NY just yet. I think they will be moving to NY to attend perhaps next semester (January). Just my hunch based on the timing of his trip and the start of NYU's fall semester.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 09-17-2006, 01:03 PM

The NYU thing might not even be true. I have found that the US magazines print a lot of assumptions and mistaken things about the Casiraghis, such as Vanity Fair saying Charlotte is "currently" a Lycee Jeanne d'arc student. They do half-assed research on them because their focus is on other things. The Casiraghis are not important on the agenda for US magazines. That's why the "pieces" about them are always little blurbs with half-true or incorrect statements.
It was never even confirmed it would be NYU anyway. Some paper just said he would go to New York to study. Goodness, it might be Columbia. Who says it has to be NYU?
Either way, Burberry Brit is surely right that if he is coming to NYC to study, it's not likely he's going to be here for the current semester.......unless of course he's pulling a Prince William and has suddenly become the Junior Master of Paparazzi Evasion.

Old 09-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Commoner

I don't think he is attending this term either. The time just not right. However, I feel strongly we can see him being back to the red brick uni very soon, especially after the humanitarian trip to Philipphine. He certainly values and precious his life more. We are actually blessed to live how we live.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Serene Highness

Casiraghi Trio, I agree with you. The reason I think there might be SOME credibility to the Vogue article is that NYU and AUP have a linkage agreement so it's quite possible that they will do semester of year abroad. I hope they do come.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 09-23-2006, 12:22 PM

There are new pictures of Andrea and Tatiana at Elle McPherson's son's christening at www.gettyimages.com , I can't post them cos I don't know how.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Majesty

Here they are:

Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo attend the christening of Elle McPherson's son Aurelius at Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore on September 23, 2006 in Rome, Italy.

Pic 2
Pic 3 Pic 4 Pic 5 Pic 6

Getty Images
Old 09-23-2006, 01:26 PM
Nobility

Andrea seems to have cut his hair a bit, I like it. I guess she is a good family friend, I mean he's going to the son's baptism.

Ani
Old 09-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Majesty

Abaca Press has also some pics:

Andrea Casiraghi and his Colombian girlfriend Tatiana Santo Domingo arrive for the christening of Australian super model Elle MacPherson's son Aurelius at Santa Maria Maggiore Basilica in Rome, Italy on September 23, 2006.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Nobility

Well, that sure was the most star studded christening I've ever seen.

Ani
Old 09-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Commoner

Who is the godfather

Is Andrea the godfather of Elle MacPherson's son ? It seems it's him near Elle's husband in this picture :
http://www.abacausa.com/ximagi/searc...nment_id=33577
Old 09-23-2006, 07:30 PM
Nobility

tatiana looks nice, well i'll say it, beautiful.

it does look as though andrea is the godfather, with these famouse type's they always pick other famous people to be the godparent of thier children,
Old 09-24-2006, 02:17 AM
Serene Highness

He's young to be a godfather, but if he is, it just shows how mature he must be.

Old 09-24-2006, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Thanks for the pics of the christening, tbhrc! I wonder why Caroline and Ernst weren't there as well, as we have seen the two couples together that often in the past, even at holidays. But Andrea and Tatiana have been quite good representatives for the family
Old 09-24-2006, 05:59 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the pictures!
Is the man with the beige jacket in the fourth pict Tatiana's father?
Old 09-24-2006, 09:14 AM
Majesty

You can find pics and an article about the christening at Hola.com

http://www.hola.com/moda/modelos/200...izo-hijo-elle/

I'm not sure but I think the article does not mention if Andrea is the godfather.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:39 PM

In the Hola pic, Andrea looks like he has on those old "X-Ray Specs" glasses - the ones they sold to 12-year-old boys on the premise that you could see through people's clothes. Tatiana, in turn, looks very much like Caroline did at her age. Hmmm...

The article referred to Tatiana as Andrea's "novio" - fiancee?? Boy, I guess I've been out of the loop for a while.

The article also says that Arpad Busson is Elle's ex-husband, but that they are still friends.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Aristocracy

Novio is boyfriend. It doesn`t mean they are engaged.

Old 09-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Serene Highness

Tatiana was mentioned in the style/society section of October 2006 American Vogue for her style. She was pictured with Andrea, but he was not mentioned at all. Tati is definitely being noticed. If she comes to NY, she might have an impact on the social scene as she is already getting noticed and doesn't live here.

She looks stunning here.

Credit: abaca press

Old 09-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Nobility

Exactly what ceci said, novio means boyfriend. Actually, I don't think there is an actual word for fiancée in Spanish. If they were engaged, then the magazine would say that they are comprometidos.

Ani
Old 09-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

Tatiana´s dress is so beautifull!!! very appropriate for a christening.You´r right anag, the word in spanish would be "su prometida", but that´s a very formal word.