The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Courtier

None of those are legal documents.

The first is an article from LeExpress. It says (this is a rough translation): "Nicole delivers, alone, to the hospital Saint-Vincent-de-Paul, to Paris, August 24. The baby is declared to the city hall. Under the first one name Eric Alexander Stéphane, before the delighted mom herself who claims that Alexander is to become first name usage of his son."

The second and third are just covers of Paris Match. You have to pay to read them. Though one is the 5 May cover where Nicole "came out".

The fourth is an excerpt from LeMonde. It merely calls him Alexander.

The majority are after the date of the PM article (though one of the covers is that) which had Nicole declaring Eric's name as changed to Alexandre. It seems what PM printed, the others used too.

However, on the LEGAL PAPERS she filed for support and official recognition of the child by Albert in 2005, Nicole listed him as Eric Alexandre Ste'phan Coste and herself as Nicole Coste.

She changed her youngest son's and her own last name to Coste. At that time, while she says now she also changed his name from Eric Alexandre to Alexandre Eric Stephane', she did not or the papers she filed in 2005 would be void for giving false information.

I'm not trying to be hard about this. Nicole clearly wants everyone to call the child Alexandre because it is Albert's second name. His sisters called their sons his other names as a tribute to him (and Grimaldi ancestors). She desperately wants that link for her son.

My grandmother was named Deidre Margaret at birth. Everyone called her Margaret or Marge. Most of her grandchildren didn't even know her first name. She signed papers D. Margaret. But she was legally Deidre, no matter how many people said she was Margaret.

So whether Alexandre/Alexander or Stephane/Ste'phane/Stephane', the Eric never wavers.

Its difficult to call him E-A because that is Ernst's moniker, so I will continue to use just plain Eric. There is nothing wrong with that name. So why is Nicole so ashamed of it now?

Ann

ETA fixed a date and translation error
AETA added a line

Old 04-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Aristocracy

It is somewhat curious to me that almost every day in several threads somebody sends well-wishing remarks about Alex and his father. Which I think are mostly rhetorical inquiries. They get no response because I guess we here know nothing.

Somehow (IMHO!) I think its Unfair, really to exert pressure and Expectation on one who has expressed having difficulty with the situation. Then there was the much needed blame freeing situation. This is certainly not unheard of, in my experience, in out-of-wedlock situations where there is surprise, objection,disdain,whatever.

Then there is the father's need for personal adjustment to his official duties.And now the private need for low keyness.

And at the present, the necessity for the pursuit of his own family and heir. Royal antiquity being priviliged ,so it is.

But we know the last time we saw Alex he had taken over a St. Kitts beach being cute and being Eric-theTerrible-Two'er

So I imagine he'll be waiting to teach his upcoming newbie sibs how to swim and maybe even to kick-box!

Old 04-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Aristocracy

Charlene said that she loves children.
So if she and PA get married,I am sure she will insist that PA's son be a page in the wedding---he will be too cute for words!
Alexander Eric is an adorable little fellow. I can see him walking down the aisle, holding a flower girl's hand.
Any bride(Especially the new step mom) would love to have him in the bridal party.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:31 PM
Nobility

No possible way, if PA gets married to anyone, Alexandre will not be anywhere in sight.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
No possible way, if PA gets married to anyone, Alexandre will not be anywhere in sight.
If they end up getting married,I think Charlene will insist that Albert's only son be there. How can she not? I bet she has already met him and fallen in love.
He will be so cute in the wedding pictures.
She stated that she loves children --and she and Albert will already have this son to love together.Charlene will be showing her true devotion to her step son and enjoying a ready-made family to cherish.
It's an occasion where Alexander can look at pictures 15 years from now and know that his Dad and loving step-mom wanted him to be a part of the most important day of their lives.Charlene is not the kind to shun her own step child--she stated that she loves children of all nationalities.
(They'll have him go down the aisle--and later a nanny can take him to nap-that's what we did with my niece:) )
He will be precious..
Old 04-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Nobility

Oh, I agee he's cute as a button but there is just NO way he will be showing up at PA's wedding taking the attention from Monoco's new princess. Just not going to happen. I would pretty much bet my life on it.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:27 PM
Serene Highness

I think I agree with leahteresa. It would be cute if he was in it, though. . .
Old 04-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Aristocracy

If they do marry ------
I would develop a new respect for Charlene if she would welcome Alexandre with open arms at the wedding.....
Alexandre needs to be with his Daddy on that day--He will look back fondly as an adult when seeing the pictures. PA needs to show unconditional love towards Alexandre.
PA and Charlene need to embrace their new family. Alexandre should not be shunned--it would be so sad.
Remember Haakon of Norway standing with his new bride and Marius at their wedding? He stood with pride beside his new family.The child was not shunned. Marius was adorable like Alexandre. Haakon and Mette Marit demonstrate acceptance and love towards Marius--He is in all the family pictures...
Old 04-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Courtier

If Alex was not at an hypothetical wedding I don't think this would be due mainly to the wife to be (whether Charlene or someone else) but to Albert and his entourage; Alex can never be too much in the spot light or speculation on a potential accession to the throne would be fueled endelessly by the press. I certainly hope Albert and the kid can have a healthy private bond regardless of public intrusions.

Kisses
Old 04-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by teense
Charlene said that she loves children.
So if she and PA get married,I am sure she will insist that PA's son be a page in the wedding---he will be too cute for words!
Alexander Eric is an adorable little fellow. I can see him walking down the aisle, holding a flower girl's hand.
Any bride(Especially the new step mom) would love to have him in the bridal party.
It will never happen
Old 04-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pama
It will never happen
I'm sorry, did I miss something?

Has it been announced that Albert would be actually marrying anyone at all? I don't think it has...
Old 04-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Gentry

NO we just talking, You know what i think we have too much free time But i do belive he will marry CW.I am hairstylist and i am pretty good with body language.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Aristocracy

The comments that were made in #82 were purely from a distant observer's point, however, a Shameless Enthusiast. And I was delighted with some of the folks who were playing along with me. But the comments were in truth an offering of alternative thinking from some unknown factors.I, since feel I need to offer another way of thinking about such human situations:

Mothers have always presented to the world men who became brain surgeons,scientists and many other important contributors to society-sometimes singly,a chosen mate, or a"Village".whatever their personal desires or choices. The results are the same really (with some extra TLC)-a wonderful human being
Old 04-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Gentry

//http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/04/24/sundayservice/ Just a note i think it is so great for the royal house of luxembourg to be at prince louis new born baby christening Maybe monaco royal house should do the same for baby Alex they should not be a shame of Alex he is so cute
Old 04-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
//http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/04/24/sundayservice/ Just a note I think it is so great for the royal house of luxembourg to be at prince louis new born baby christening Maybe monaco royal house should do the same for baby Alex they should not be a shame of Alex he is so cute
I think there are lots of differences between the Monaco and Luxembourg cases. The main difference is the type of relationship that Albert and Nicole had and that of Louis and Tess, especially when the respected children were conceived and born. I really do not want to get into becasue I am so tired of this subject.

Yes, I think most people would like to see Albert have a relationship with his son. Albert has said that his son will be a part of his PRIVATE life. Has he done that? I do not know. There seems to be a group of people who wants to see Alexandre waving from the balcony of the Princly Palace ...I do not see that happening anytime soon people.

I think one of the major differences between the Monaco and the Luxembourg case is the relationship between the couples, especially the circumstances of the the child's conception. The relationship between Nicole & Albert seems totally different between the relationship between Louis & Tess (although we do not know much about this couple's relationship). Whether you agree or not that it should not matter, the bonding between a man and his child really does depend on the manner a child was conceived and brought into the world. With women it's different.

Normally, people choose with whom and when they decide to bring children into this world. Most people will agree that there is a special immediate bond between Felipe & Lenor; Phillippe & his children, W-A and his children, Fred & Mary, etc because they choose their mates, choose when to marry and proabbly chose when to conceive. I'm sure the bond started before the child was born. There is a mutual loving relationship between these couples. This was definitely not the case with Albert and Nicole. Here's an extreme example: A man had a one night stand with a woman and then nine months later he founds out that he has a child. I doubt if anyone expects that man to have an instant bond with the child (although people may want him to), include the child in his family gathering, or even rush to the church to baptize him.

Like it or not, Alexandre did not come into this world as all the other royal children did. So, do not be surprised that he is not waving from the balcony or around a baptimal as other offsprings of royal men do. However, Albert has an opportunity to build a relationship with his son. I hope he is spending time with his son in private. I know he mentioned last fall during an interview that he hadn't seen his son in months becasue of Nicole's attitude towards him. Obviously, if Albert wanted to spend time alone with his son he would have. The question is does he want to. I think he is letting his disdain for Nicole affect his feelings towards his son.

But, my question to you is if Albert does spend quality PRIVATE time with his son, will that be satisfactory for you? Or, do you think it is required that we have a public view of his relationship with his son?
******Below is an excerpt from a post that stated Albert has not spent anytime with his son in over a year (how do they know, I asked? They know someone who knows someone who knows ....Albert) ********

The night Alexandre was conceived, based on Nicole's own interview, the relationship was over (if you want to even call it a true relationship). I treally do believe that Nicole thought having Albert's child would bring Albert closer towards her. Hopefully, she knows now how mistaken she was. I think there are some people who do not want to see this relationship for what it really was. I think there are a core group of people that have bought into the glorified tale that Nicole tried to spin on her "5-year relationship" with Prince Albert. I do not want to get into a debate about this, so I won't say what I see the relationship as. If you really see the relationship for what it truly was, then you shouldn't be surprised that Albert has basically shunned this kid. Which is truly unfortunate because I think Albert and Alexandre will suffer in the long run.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:05 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia
I think there are lots of differences between the Monaco and Luxembourg cases. The main difference is the type of relationship that Albert and Nicole had and that of Louis and Tess, especially when the respected children were conceived and born. I really do not want to get into becasue I am so tired of this subject. I posted similar thoughts in another messageboard.

Yes, I think most people would like to see Albert have a relationship with his son. Albert has said that his son will be a part of his PRIVATE life. Has he done that? I do not know. There seems to be a group of people who wants to see Alexandre waving from the balcony of the Princly Palace ...I do not see that happening anytime soon people.

Here's a post I placed on another message board in response to someone's same remark that Monaco should have done as in Luxembourg (concerning the baptismal).

I think one of the major differences between the Monaco and the Luxembourg case is the relationship between the couples, especially the circumstances of the the child's conception. The relationship between Nicole & Albert seems totally different between the relationship between Louis & Tess (although we do not know much about this couple's relationship). Whether you agree or not that it should not matter, the bonding between a man and his child really does depend on the manner a child was conceived and brought into the world. With women it's different.

Normally, people choose with whom and when they decide to bring children into this world. Most people will agree that there is a special immediate bond between Felipe & Lenor; Phillippe & his children, W-A and his children, Fred & Mary, etc because they choose their mates, choose when to marry and proabbly chose when to conceive. I'm sure the bond started before the child was born. There is a mutual loving relationship between these couples. This was definitely not the case with Albert and Nicole. Here's an extreme example: A man had a one night stand with a woman and then nine months later he founds out that he has a child. I doubt if anyone expects that man to have an instant bond with the child (although people may want him to), include the child in his family gathering, or even rush to the church to baptize him.

Like it or not, Alexandre did not come into this world as all the other royal children did. So, do not be surprised that he is not waving from the balcony or around a baptimal as other offsprings of royal men do. However, Albert has an opportunity to build a relationship with his son. I hope he is spending time with his son in private. I know he mentioned last fall during an interview that he hadn't seen his son in months becasue of Nicole's attitude towards him. Obviously, if Albert wanted to spend time alone with his son he would have. The question is does he want to. I think he is letting his disdain for Nicole affect his feelings towards his son.

But, my question to you is if Albert does spend quality PRIVATE time with his son, will that be satisfactory for you? Or, do you think it is required that we have a public view of his relationship with his son?
******Below is an excerpt from a post that stated Albert has not spent anytime with his son in over a year (how do they know, I asked? They know someone who knows someone who knows ....Albert) ********

The night Alexandre was conceived, based on Nicole's own interview, the relationship was over (if you want to even call it a true relationship). I treally do believe that Nicole thought having Albert's child would bring Albert closer towards her. Hopefully, she knows now how mistaken she was. I think there are some people who do not want to see this relationship for what it really was. I think there are a core group of people that have bought into the glorified tale that Nicole tried to spin on her "5-year relationship" with Prince Albert. I do not want to get into a debate about this, so I won't say what I see the relationship as. If you really see the relationship for what it truly was, then you shouldn't be surprised that Albert has basically shunned this kid. Which is truly unfortunate because I think Albert and Alexandre will suffer in the long run.
Hoo poor poor PA a billion dollar prince .evil Nicole all unwanted conception should be what? Children are a gift from God
Old 04-26-2006, 12:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
HOO poor poor Albert A billioin dollar prince.... the evil Nicole. Children are a gift from God, what are you saying all unwanted conception should be what ?
I actually do believe that children are gifts from God. And, I read that Nicole mentioned the same in her interview. Some people are having a difficult time accepting that Albert did not planned nor imagined receiving such a gift from Nicole. I have no sympathy for him because I strongly believe that men should not have sex with a woman if they could never imagine that woman having their child. Also, I ave no sympathy for her. I just feel sorry for the child.

There are a lot of delusional people who are looking at this situation through some idealisic lenses instead of the harsh reality. Of course, anyone can mutter some idealistic words about what each person should do. But, nothing about this situation was or is ideal. So, simplistic, idealistic, and Cinderella type solutions are totaly unrealistic.

This is such a tiring topic. A "core group of people" will make sure that this topic is constantly rehashed. The circumstances about Nicole and Albert's relationship, Alexandre's conception, and birth, and public revelation will still be the same. This was not a fairytale romance people, don't expect a fairytale solution. The only thing that can change is the type of relationship Albert can build with his son in the future.

God help Albert when he has children during a marriage. It's going to be vicious with this "core group of people."

I just hope by then that I am weaned off this forum. The irony is that I only became interested in royalty because of Albert's acknowledgement of his son. I was excited to hear about a European prince, his son, and his African girlfriend. Once I read more, I was totally disappointed. As a black woman myself, I am quite embarrassed by those who continue to portray Nicole as this victim of a billionaire prince. I am quite embarrassed to read about a supposedly privileged, educated, strong, and proud black woman who sat around and waited for five years for a man who dished her out sloppy seconds. It's embarrassing to read about a woman who still loved and wanted to have sex with a man who couldn't even come to the hospital when his "gift" was born and went home. Yes, I agree Albert has not been a model of virtue in his relationship with women. I do not like when any man date more than one woman at a time (even if the women know about the others). But, I think women need to stop giving their power away to men! Men can only do unto us what we allow them to do. If we assume the postion of a rug, we will be stepped on!

Alexandre will have a much better life emotionally (he is set for material items) once his mother put her hurt, pride, and anger aside (and get over Albert) and do everything in her power to foster a relationship bewteen father and son even if it's in private and the public never sees a picture. Every interview Nicole has given was about her ...improving her image and what people thought about her. Please don't tell me what about Albert. I know...Albert is a grown man...poor poor Albert a billion dollar prince...yada yada ...Of course I know that men have to take responsibility also. But, women should not wait around putting their life on hold waiting until men get their act together.

Who do you think is probably hurting the most? Does Albert look like he is hurting? The hurt party needs to take the inititiative to heal their wounds. Trust me, I've been there.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:37 AM
Courtier

Nicole may have said that after her son was born, but at different times, both she and Albert wanted the child aborted. Nicole after she realized Albert wouldn't marry her just because she was pregnant and Albert after Nicole brought it up.

I have no sympathy for either of them. Nicole trapped Albert into impregnating her. Albert was naive in believing a woman he was having end-of-relationship-pity-sex with would honestly take care of birth control.

But even should a potential future bride of Albert's insist on his son being in the wedding party and/or part of festivities, Albert will talk her out of it if only to avoid the scene Nicole will certainly throw to bring the attention to herself (and son).

Albert will always take care of his son. But he will not allow Nicole to emotionally blackmail him into allowing Eric Alexandre upfront participation in the Grimaldi life. I also doubt a future wife of Albert's would allow it either, no matter how sympathetic she might be toward the kid.

I think the smart thing would be for Albert to have controlled contact with his son without allowing Nicole to manipulate the details. And as she is not ready to do that, he is not able to see him.

Now all that is left is to rehash speculative details, because we will not get more facts.

Ann
Old 04-26-2006, 06:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia
Yes, I think most people would like to see Albert have a relationship with his son. Albert has said that his son will be a part of his PRIVATE life. Has he done that? I do not know.
I think that if he had more of a public relationship with his son, people would maybe let the issue go. It seems like Nicole's story came out, there was a denial, there was an admission before his coronation and then nothing. IMO, PA should have been seen with his son after that. (Even from a PR standpoint I would have advised him to be seen with his son in public). Because him not being seen with Alex makes it look like he's ashamed of him. I'm not saying he has to be on the balcony during National day, but I'm sure there are many things PA and Alex could be doing together (the park, the zoo, watch a soccer game, etc). That would be so cute.

And after reading about the Luxembourg child born out of wedlock and even Stephanie's kids, it seems like Alex is being shunned and it makes me wonder if the shame has anything to do with his race. It's fine that Alex is getting money and will never want for anything, but a boy needs a father. And if he's only seeing Alex in private, he will grow up to wonder why his father is hiding him. He may even grow up to feel inferior. . .
Old 04-26-2006, 07:13 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
I think that if he had more of a public relationship with his son, people would maybe let the issue go...
you are so right I do think he is ashame of him he is so good with stephanie kids You guys need to think about this and ask your self why he think Alex should be kept out of the puplic eye This is 2006 there is no more room for race to be a facter in todays world.Iam so disappointed in PA he talk about crime against children yet he does not pratice what he preach. I am waiting for his perfect love child to be presented, baby CW, PA yark with CW grand ma standing next to them imagine that guys.

Closed Thread