Crown Princess Mette-Marit: Picture Thread Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she is very pretty. love to see that lovely face again. Is she attending the Danish, Spanish and Jordan weddings?

She must like her new green purse as much as I do! This is the second time in two weeks I've seen her with that purse. (Not that I blame her--it's a great purse and a fun colour!)

Aside from her jacket and scarf she looks beautiful. She has a very nice profile too ;)

Originally posted by nouwrein@May 6th, 2004 - 7:34 pm
she is very pretty. love to see that lovely face again. Is she attending the Danish, Spanish and Jordan weddings?
As their official programme states that the royal family will be present at the weddings in Denmark and Spain, (no mentioning of Jordan), I assume Mette-Marit will be there as well as the King, Queen, Crown Prince, Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn.

Ahh! I love the purse alsmot as much as I love the watch! That is way cute! :winkiss:

ow dear, I notice an early mummy-glow again on her face!! Could she be pregnant again?? Her eyes are really saying "I know something that you don't know and it is..."

At least she is very happy :)

she is much more nice than in the other weddings in denmark and spain. she is smiling truely and withoutt forcing it. that makes her really beautiful.

wow! mette marit is improving her outfits so much...
she was really beautiful in the past weddings or jordan and spain (however, not so much in the pre wedding dinners and not to much in the jordan one) and that outfit with the green touches was really fashionable.
congratulations mm!!

Barnehage fikk Mette-Marit som slottsguide

17 små prinser og prinsesser fra Marihøna barnehage i Bærum fikk tirsdag selveste kronprinsesse Mette-Marit som guide da de besøkte Slottet under sesongens første omvisning.

-Der har dere kjolen som ble brukt under dåpen. Den fant jeg og kronprinsen i en kiste på loftet. Vi fikk sydd lue til den av et lommetørkle med monogrammet til Alexander, prinsessens oldefar. Han byttet navn til Olav da han kom til Norge, og er selv døpt i kjolen, fortalte en engasjert kronprinsesse til barna under omvisningen i Slottets store spisesal.

I anledning Åpent Slott er det laget en egen utstilling med elementer fra dåpen til prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra. Barna fikk se bilder av prinsessen, kjolen, et utvalg av gavene hun fikk og hvordan borddekkingen var under lunsjen.

Barna, som alle er fra Kirkerud i Bærum, hadde lest mange eventyr som forberedelse til besøket, og var de første som kjøpte billett til årets omvisninger på Slottet. I anledning besøket hadde de kledd seg ut i sin fineste stas som prinser, prinsesser, konge og dronninger.

Omvisningsperioden varer til søndag 15. august.

(© NTB 15.06.04 kl. 13:51)

CP Mette-Marit as tour guide

Lovely Mette Marit!!!!!! She's been so wonderful, as to be expected (she is after all, Haakon's choice). She is so understated and even if she might not look it, she has been extremely strong considering what her father and criticisms she has had to endure. No other crown princesses has ever endured so much as Mette Marit. Not Letizia, not Maxima, Mary or Alexandra. Some of those I mentioned have had their share of critics, but none as concerted nor on-going as that directed against Mette Marit. But she never lets it show ... she's always smiling.

I think that Ingrid Alexandra will grown up to be an excellent person. Hopefully she will be forgiving, sympathetic and all round wonderful. Her parents will certainly help her in that.

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 15th, 2004 - 10:15 pm
MM is definitely getting a magic carpet ride :)
King Christian, Are you saying this is in a "good way" or in a "bad way" as IF she doesn't deserve a "magic carpet ride"? Truly, I think she's working for "that ride" which you define as "magic". If I were her, and had been, (and still is) under such irrepressible scrutiny as she has been subjected to, (and is being subjected to as we speak), it wouldn't be very magical at all! ~ But, that's only MHO. Imagine being criticized for wearing a "neutral colored suit" at the Spanish wedding while making fun of the feather in her hair, walking on the wrong side of Haakon, and looking somewhat subdued. Good Lord, you'd think the world was coming to an end!

I remember reading someone saying, (long time ago), on this board, PLEASE stop "nipping at the heels" of Haakon's "beloved" wife ~ and she is HIS beloved wife. He adores her and I can see "why". She's charismatic. They are suited for one other to a "tee". She's produced a beautiful heir to the throne ~ and all anyone wants to talk about is her "stumbling speech", "parking on a sidewalk", "her hurt foot" and "her past" which she was brave enough to come forward in telling to the public. That says a lot about her inner self and her strength. I imagine she has a "steel backbone" to withstand all of this trash ~ and good for her for having it!

No, she's not exactly like all her other temporary crown princesses ~ but, she has gone through hell and back ~ soaking in everyone's criticism. I wish it would just stop! Just stop it! Haakon adores her and vice versa. Honor Haakon by stop degrading his wife. She's lovely, beautiful, and is on the road to be an effective crown princess for Norway. I admire her greatly and will be following her "deeds and works" very closely. I just wish everyone would just give her a chance to do her job and lay off of the criticism!

Irritated ~ :grrr:
Elizajane

CP Mette-Marit is so pretty. She has had a wonderful glow ever since the baby was born. I love seeing her so happy! And her outfits have rocked lately! :punk:

Originally posted by nouwrein@Jun 16th, 2004 - 8:11 pm
2 more pictures

Aww, cute. Why did the kids have to wear those plastic show covers? Was it muddy outside? I notice how the kid in the right side of the first picture and the kid on the rightmost side in the second picture looks a bit like Prince Nikolai of Denmark.

Originally posted by moosey60@Jun 16th, 2004 - 9:29 pm
Aww, cute. Why did the kids have to wear those plastic show covers? Was it muddy outside?
yes those blue plastic booties :lol: we'll all tourists are required to wear that - to unburden the janitors to sweep the floor eveyday :lol:

Lol... I think so. There's a travel program here in Australia called "Getaway" and they were able to get into Fredensborg or some palace before the wedding, and they were wearing those blue things too!

But notice how Mette Marit herself didn't have to :lol: .

But it was such a lovely thing for her to show the kids. I really like her and I can't be bothered with all this sniping at other princesses (even if I do it too sometimes).

Does anyone know where I can access Haakon's wedding reception speech to Mette Marit? I've heard one line from it only and it seemed so romantic. :flower:

That is really cool of her. Can you imagine that? Going to the palace and all of a sudden shows up an actual royal to guide you around! I bet the kids just loved that.

Originally posted by Jasl@Jun 16th, 2004 - 11:35 pm
Lol... I think so. There's a travel program here in Australia called "Getaway" and they were able to get into Fredensborg or some palace before the wedding, and they were wearing those blue things too!

But notice how Mette Marit herself didn't have to :lol: .

But it was such a lovely thing for her to show the kids. I really like her and I can't be bothered with all this sniping at other princesses (even if I do it too sometimes).

Does anyone know where I can access Haakon's wedding reception speech to Mette Marit? I've heard one line from it only and it seemed so romantic. :flower:
Matte- marit don't wear that blue shose because she don't came from the autside.
The kids came to the street and have a durty shoses that can damage the floor. When i go visit some palace i have to wear that but the person that work inside don't.

bravo to Mette-Marit for giving the tour to the children!! That is wonderful!!

June 5, 2004 - Oslo, Norway - Crown Princess Mette-Marit attented the football-arrangement at Bjoerndal in Oslo.

Originally posted by nouwrein@Jun 17th, 2004 - 8:32 pm
June 5, 2004 - Oslo, Norway - Crown Princess Mette-Marit attented the football-arrangement at Bjoerndal in Oslo.

Norway´s Secret weapon! She will lead them to World Cup glory in China in 2007

Originally posted by nouwrein@Jun 15th, 2004 - 9:01 pm
Barnehage fikk Mette-Marit som slottsguide

17 små prinser og prinsesser fra Marihøna barnehage i Bærum fikk tirsdag selveste kronprinsesse Mette-Marit som guide da de besøkte Slottet under sesongens første omvisning.

-Der har dere kjolen som ble brukt under dåpen. Den fant jeg og kronprinsen i en kiste på loftet. Vi fikk sydd lue til den av et lommetørkle med monogrammet til Alexander, prinsessens oldefar. Han byttet navn til Olav da han kom til Norge, og er selv døpt i kjolen, fortalte en engasjert kronprinsesse til barna under omvisningen i Slottets store spisesal.

I anledning Åpent Slott er det laget en egen utstilling med elementer fra dåpen til prinsesse Ingrid Alexandra. Barna fikk se bilder av prinsessen, kjolen, et utvalg av gavene hun fikk og hvordan borddekkingen var under lunsjen.

Barna, som alle er fra Kirkerud i Bærum, hadde lest mange eventyr som forberedelse til besøket, og var de første som kjøpte billett til årets omvisninger på Slottet. I anledning besøket hadde de kledd seg ut i sin fineste stas som prinser, prinsesser, konge og dronninger.

Omvisningsperioden varer til søndag 15. august.

(© NTB 15.06.04 kl. 13:51)

CP Mette-Marit as tour guide
i don't really understand norwegianne but as far as i have understood from the whole comments, i believe that she showed some kids who were there the palace, isn't it?
if so, really nice gesture from her part. :p

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 16th, 2004 - 4:21 pm
good way

magic way :)
Thanks, King Christian, for clarifyling your answer. Deep down inside, I think I felt you meant this is a "good way" because you have defended her before. Mette-Marit is "special" to me and to many others on this board by reading their comments. (Hello, Alexandria (sp?) ~ I think you feel the same way.) Anyway, this magic carpet ride comes at an expense ~ an expense of Mette-Marit's efforts as Crown Princess of Norway. It is nice conversing with you, King Christian. :heart: Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Elizajane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom