Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien, News & Events 1 (Jan 2003 - March 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pollyemma said:
was the princess interviewed for the article?

I had a peak at the article but I cannot recall for 100% sure if she was or not. I got the impression she was though. The article was very positive and about how she paved the way for Maxima, Mabel. And that she was critisized a lot at court for her choise of clothes. In the beginning she 'lost' herself & friends did not recognise her by the constervative way she dressed but now she is much more relaxed and wears trousers and other creations she likes, which reflect her personality better.

According to dutch journalist hja at the Benelux Royals MB, Constantijn and Laurentien will be present at the baptism of the Lilleprinsen in Denmark this saturday. Although it is always a joy to see them, I am a bit disappointed that Maxima and the PoO aren't going, and I am already fearing the comments on Laurentiens outfit & hat ;)

I'm kinda disappointed that W-A and Maxima won't be there on Lilleprinsens Christening. Afterall, they are parents of the heir to the throne and so are Mary and Frederik. No offence against Constantijn and Laurentien, but I think it would be more suitable to send Alexander and Maxima over there. And what is it anyway with Alexander and Maxima not (willing) to go to Danmark? First they sent Constantijn en Laurentien to the HcA celebrations to Copenhagen, now they're not going to the Christening...
I certainly hoped that W-A or Maxima would be a godparent. Well, again false hope....:(
Oh like Marengo I think Laurentiens clothing will be disaster again. I'll never forget her clownsuite she wore on the wedding of PC and Anita...It was just horrible.

well, no parents of any heir attended the christenings of Leonor of Spain or of Elisabeth of Belgium, and Amalia had 'only' Phillipe and Mathilde in attendance. I do not thing thre is any fixed protocol about this, every couple wants to do it in the way they like.

Laurentien was an ambassador for the HCA year, so it was only appropriate that she and not Maxima attended the diner and celebrations.

I think it's lovely that Constantijn and Laurentien are going. :) I'm quite curious what she will wear this time...

from koninklijkhuis.nl

Princess Laurentien reads for on National Voorleesontbijt, 31 January 2006

HRH Princess Laurentien of the the Netherlands will read for the tenth edition of The National Voorleesontbijt in kinderdagverblijf SZK on Tuesday, 31 January.

The gulls nest too sweet lake. The Princess reads together with actor Noah Valentyn for from the picture book of the Year. With The National Voorleesontbijt start De National Voorleesdagen, an annual campaign that directed is on the stimulating of read aloud at toddlers and toddlers., . It is an initiative of Foundation Read and is organized by Foundation CPNB.
This year is the theme ‘film heroes'. Next to Noah Valentyn also actors read and actresses as a Thijs Römer, Birgit Schuurman and Antonie Kamerling for during the breakfast in peuterspeelzalen, kinderdagverblijven, elementary schools and libraries in the country. Next to the film heroes also others are national and local acquaintances to guest as furrow reader. The National Voorleesdagen last 31 January from Tuesday till and with Saturday 11 February 2006.

The kinderdagverblijf SZK The gulls nest true Princess Laurentien and Noah Valentyn read aloud, intended for children of zero until four year, works closely together with a kinderdienstencentrum and a dagopvang for children with a developments arrears. Because of this the children come a natural manner with each other in contact. As well the services center as the peuterspeelgroep make part from of the Foundation Ipse, an organization that a broad package of care and services offers at men with an intellectual limitation in Zuid-Holland (south holland).

19 January 2006

What a funny thing to do a reading breakfast. And she can combine her dutch visit with one to her mother-in-law, who will celebrate her birthday then...

Siepie said:
I'm kinda disappointed that W-A and Maxima won't be there on Lilleprinsens Christening. Afterall, they are parents of the heir to the throne and so are Mary and Frederik. No offence against Constantijn and Laurentien, but I think it would be more suitable to send Alexander and Maxima over there. And what is it anyway with Alexander and Maxima not (willing) to go to Danmark? First they sent Constantijn en Laurentien to the HcA celebrations to Copenhagen, now they're not going to the Christening...
I certainly hoped that W-A or Maxima would be a godparent. Well, again false hope....:(
We don't know how close WA & Maxima are to the Danes. Laurentien and Constantijn seem friendly with everyone, but they may have different personalities than the other two.

Constantijn and Laurentien should have gone to the HCA celebrations because Laurentien is a HCA Ambassador and very involved with literacy. Neither WA nor Maxima are.

Today several well-known Dutch "VIP's" (royalty, politicians, actors...whatever
tongue.gif
!) were involved in reading books for children.
As we all know by now, it's Princess Laurentien's pet issue, and so she was up & about rather early this morning.
The pregnant Princess travelled to a city near The Hague, Zoetermeer, where a special day care centre for children with a (mental) handicap were awaiting her.
http://www.anpbeeld.nl/downloadpicturepreview.pp?id=2350098

http://www.anpbeeld.nl/downloadpicturepreview.pp?id=2350095

http://www.anpbeeld.nl/downloadpicturepreview.pp?id=2350074

http://www.anpbeeld.nl/downloadpicturepreview.pp?id=2350085

http://www.anpbeeld.nl/downloadpicturepreview.pp?id=2350090

lovely pictures thanks everyone

more from DPA...

Attachments

• 058901_4.jpg
    058901_4.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 198
  • 058201_4.jpg
    058201_4.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 169
Thanks for posting these pictures! It is a rather nice initiative, and I am sure she dropped by her mother-in-law afterwards, to congratulate her on her 68th birthday!

I think that Laurentien looks great. Very radiant. See seemed to be enjoying herself with the children! :)

from seegerpress

th_23138_pre_SEEGER00154669.jpg

Laurentien looks really glowing... pregnancy really suit her...

maxima88 said:
Today several well-known Dutch "VIP's" (royalty, politicians, actors...whatever
tongue.gif
!) were involved in reading books for children.
As we all know by now, it's Princess Laurentien's pet issue, and so she was up & about rather early this morning.
The pregnant Princess travelled to a city near The Hague, Zoetermeer, where a special day care centre for children with a (mental) handicap were awaiting her.

thanks for the explanation, maxima88 :)

i'd thought i put the ANP pics here

th_3dee4_2350074.jpg

from LFI (no watermarks, but very small, so could be good for avatars)

Talking about avatars, yours is one of the cutest purple_platinum:D

Great pictures, purple! Thank you for posting them! Laurentien looks radiant & seems to know her way with children. Also nice to see that she selected handicaped kids, in a way she continues the line of Queen Juliana who was always very much involved with the hadicapped.

BTW The funny thing is that only on sunday that darkish actor (Mounier Valentyn), who is sitting next to Laurentien on some pictures chatted to me ! If only I knew then...;)

I absolutely adore her personality, the way she gets right in the middle of those children is outstanding - Way to GO! These pics make me like her even more.

These pictures show once again that Laurentien is a girl who clearly puts 'her money where her mouth is'. This is probably why, at least in the Netherlands I think, her popularity is ever increasing.

Wonderful pics - Princess Laurentien looks fabulous and so down-to-earth. What a great way for her to spend the day and it looked like she and the children had so much fun!

can't get enough of laurentien? here's 2 more from DPA

The pregnant Princess Laurentien attends the 10th Voorleesontbijt in the childrens daycare Het Meeuwennest in Zoetermeer Tuesday 31.01.2006 . The princess read stories together with actor Noah Valentyn to stimulate young children to read in an annual campaign.

Attachments

• 059501_4.jpg
    059501_4.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 060301_4.jpg
    060301_4.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 132
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=14184

Princess Laurentien will open Dick Bruna House on 16 February 2006

Her Royal Highness Princess Laurentien of the the Netherlands performs Thursday 16 February in Utrecht the opening of the dick bruna house.

This new museum is complete devoted to the works of Dick Bruna, the Utrechtse artist that world-famous became with its creation nijntje. The dick bruna dwell is part of the Central Museum. The dick bruna dwell has been opened for the public from Saturday 18 February.

Dick Bruna became in 1927 in Utrecht born, and its artistic career began as a designer of boekomslagen in its fathers publisher. In the dick bruna house, lain opposite the Central Museum, is a selection to see from the large 2000 boekomslagen that Bruna from the years forty made. Also he designed clear away 100 posters, tens postcards and impress and passing stamps.

Bruna's most famous creation is the rabbit nijntje, consists with a face that of a cross for nose and mouth and two dots for the eyes. Dick Bruna's post have been translated in more than 40 scores and there be world-wide 85 million specimens sold. At nijntje, many exhibitions were dedicated. She has an own statue in Utrecht and is ambassador for the city New York, this metropolis a kind image to give. On the second birthday of Princess Catharina-Amalia, 7 December last year, got nijntje a place on the kinderpagina of the website www.koninklijkhuis.nl.

In the dick bruna house original sketches bring the development of nijntje away through the years in image. In the permanent exhibition of more than 400 M2 for adults and children its next to nijntje all other children's books persons of Dick Bruna to see. A documentary gives understanding in the work trial and let Bruna's lifelong strive see to directness and simplicity. The Bruna-collection of the Central Museum consists of lake than 1200 works and grows still. The Central Museum has the collection in lengthy bruikleen.

3 February 2006

Constantjin is very lucky to have a wife like Laurentien;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom