Prince Joseph Wenzel, Princess Marie-Caroline, Prince Georg and Prince Nikolaus

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does Prince Joseph Wenzel have a girlfriend? Is he still at university? When will he start having more official acts in Liechtenstein?

Does Prince Joseph Wenzel have a girlfriend? Is he still at university? When will he start having more official acts in Liechtenstein?
I think it has been mentioned in this thread that Wenzel is currently dating a well-to-do American girl from New Jersey,

I thought it was about this brother Joseph Wenzel. but then i think a better match would be Prince Georg and the Duchess of Brabant.
And the Liechtenstein's are quiet strict catholic i don't think they would agree to a protestant wedding Ceremony like the present dutch King and Queen had.
I think for Georg, the Infanta Maria Francisca of Portugal would be a great match or one of the daughters of Prince Pierre d’Arenberg.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sometimes he goes by 'Wenzel Reitberg' on social media. But he doesn’t share anything about his private life.

This Czech article says that Liechtenstein court repeatedly refused to provide any picture of him for the newspaper.
Apparently they are hiding him or something. ?

https://www.seznamzpravy.cz/clanek/...&utm_medium=z-boxiku&utm_source=www.seznam.cz

Last edited:
We might see (some of) them next week on the 15th of August. The only day in the year that they tend to show up as a family.

Sometimes he goes by 'Wenzel Reitberg' on social media. But he doesn’t share anything about his private life.

Did you mean to write "Rietberg"? He is, as with other members of the princely house: Prinz von und zu Liechtenstein, Graf zu Rietberg.

This Czech article says that Liechtenstein court repeatedly refused to provide any picture of him for the newspaper.

https://www.seznamzpravy.cz/clanek/...&utm_medium=z-boxiku&utm_source=www.seznam.cz

Thank you for sharing. Very odd, given that he has been photographed and even interviewed before.

Apparently they are hiding him or something. ��

It's strange that they didn't provide a photo of Joseph Wenzel. He has been interviewed and photographed before.
It is also strange that Joseph Wenzel still does not participate in official solo acts. He appears very few times and almost nothing is known about him.

Last edited:

I don’t think it is odd for them to not to provide picture of Wenzel to the Czech press because the family still has issues with the Czech government over properties that were expropriated from them so why would they provide a picture of Wenzel to the Czech press.

It's strange that they didn't provide a photo of Joseph Wenzel. He has been interviewed and photographed before.
It is also strange that Joseph Wenzel still does not participate in official solo acts. He appears very few times and almost nothing is known about him.
I don’t think it has to do with the media in general, but the fact that it is the Czech press.But the family is generally media shy so there’s that probably. The media in Liechtenstein only has two newspapers and only focuses on the works of the Hereditary couple, his parents not him so very little is mentioned of him.

I think it can be summed up - we've seen pictures of him when he has been interviewed etc, if he agrees to another interview maybe we'll get another picture. They are a a relatively media shy family so I can see why they don't just hand out pictures of access easily, certainly without purpose.

I don’t think it is odd for them to not to provide picture of Wenzel to the Czech press because the family still has issues with the Czech government over properties that were expropriated from them so why would they provide a picture of Wenzel to the Czech press.

So, is it your inference that the prince and his family have reacted to the rulings against them in court cases in Czechia by developing hostile sentiments towards the entire country of Czechia and its people?

I think it can be summed up - we've seen pictures of him when he has been interviewed etc, if he agrees to another interview maybe we'll get another picture. They are a a relatively media shy family so I can see why they don't just hand out pictures of access easily, certainly without purpose.

Nonetheless, there are formal photographs of the reigning and hereditary princes on the official website of the family, as well as their biographies in Czech(!), English and German.

https://fuerstenhaus.li/en/the-princely-house/h-s-h-hereditary-prince-alois/
https://fuerstenhaus.li/en/the-princely-house/h-s-h-prince-hans-adam-ii/

Last edited:

Princess Marie of Liechtenstein (Wenzel's grandmother) was originally from Czech Republic herself. So I don't think Liechtenstein princely family has a problem with that country in particular.
I noticed they are trying to keep Wenzel out of press as a much as they can, which it's quite odd. Sending some pictures of the future heir to the throne is not a violation of privacy.
Maybe he is self-conscious about his physical appearance. Even his picture on Wikipedia was changed from a recent photo in his early twenties to a stamp of him when he was a child.

Is Joseph Wenzel not very interested in inheriting the principality?
Or would the family prefer Joseph Wenzel to have a normal life before becoming crown prince?
There are photos of Joseph Wenzel with his grandfather and father.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nbglQloy...OTGGp8uACLcBGAsYHQ/s16000/21903737_LDYBC.jpeg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kw6X6Vhx...b4e-6b10-4035-80e0-fd05b712c57-resize-750.jpg

This pictures were used on his official Wikipedia page for a while, recently it was substitute with an old one when he was a child.

This pictures were used on his official Wikipedia page for a while, recently it was substitute with an old one when he was a child.
There are no official Wikipedia pages. As is stated on the site it's "the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit" so anyone could have changed the pictures.

Is Joseph Wenzel not very interested in inheriting the principality?
Or would the family prefer Joseph Wenzel to have a normal life before becoming crown prince?
There are photos of Joseph Wenzel with his grandfather and father.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nbglQloy...OTGGp8uACLcBGAsYHQ/s16000/21903737_LDYBC.jpeg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kw6X6Vhx...b4e-6b10-4035-80e0-fd05b712c57-resize-750.jpg
The media in Liechtenstein is very small and does not focus on the activities of Wenzel.

Princess Marie of Liechtenstein (Wenzel's grandmother) was originally from Czech Republic herself. So I don't think Liechtenstein princely family has a problem with that country in particular.
I noticed they are trying to keep Wenzel out of press as a much as they can, which it's quite odd. Sending some pictures of the future heir to the throne is not a violation of privacy.
Maybe he is self-conscious about his physical appearance. Even his picture on Wikipedia was changed from a recent photo in his early twenties to a stamp of him when he was a child.
His grandmother coming from the Czech lands doesn’t change the fact that the family including his late grandmother’s were expropriated of property. The family actually has issues with the government there over property. More importantly, I don’t think that Wenzel is image conscious, and it’s not really the concern of the Czech press to get pictures of a person who does not represent their country and Wenzel is a private person who is not a head of state and is entitled to privacy like anyone else. I simply think that Wenzel is media shy like most of the family.

So, is it your inference that the prince and his family have reacted to the rulings against them in court cases in Czechia by developing hostile sentiments towards the entire country of Czechia and its people?

Nonetheless, there are formal photographs of the reigning and hereditary princes on the official website of the family, as well as their biographies in Czech(!), English and German.

https://fuerstenhaus.li/en/the-princely-house/h-s-h-hereditary-prince-alois/
https://fuerstenhaus.li/en/the-princely-house/h-s-h-prince-hans-adam-ii/
I don’t think they dislike Czech people, but the courts who have constantly ruled against their property claims. What I am trying to say is that why should the Czech media ask or request for pictures of a person who isn’t a citizen or resident of their country. But more importantly, Wenzel is a private individual and his life is just that a private one and the family is media shy and would prefer to keep media from developing interest in their private lives.

Wenzel is not just a private person. He is the future head of state of Liechtenstein... and most likely the next regent in-between - with much more power (at that point) than most of his contemporaries in a similar position.

Would you also call the Duke of Cambridge a private person who is not a head of state and entitled to privacy like anyone else? Fortunately, he does realize that while he has a right of privacy, there are limitations to that right based on his position as the future head of state.

Wenzel is not just a private person. He is the future head of state of Liechtenstein... and most likely the next regent in-between - with much more power (at that point) than most of his contemporaries in a similar position.

Would you also call the Duke of Cambridge a private person who is not a head of state and entitled to privacy like anyone else? Fortunately, he does realize that while he has a right of privacy, there are limitations to that right based on his position as the future head of state.
But he’s not going to be head of state for a very long time and he does no representational duties, so for now he’s a private person. You can’t compare him to Prince William in that regard because William does representational duties and is a publicly funded royal. The media in his country largely leave him alone. Why the Czech media is interested I don’t know why nor do I understand. More importantly, the focus is his parents activities, not his own.

Why the Czech media is interested I don’t know why nor do I understand.

I've encountered my fair share of articles/photo galleries very similar to the one Magnolia471 linked to, i.e., canvassing the young heirs to European thrones, but in Anglophone media with American, British, Australian, etc. audiences. Given that even (some) American media show interest in foreign European princes and princesses, it seems natural for (some) Czech media to do the same, particularly as Czechia, unlike the US, is a former monarchy and has a former nobility (which includes the house of Liechtenstein).

I don’t think they dislike Czech people, but the courts who have constantly ruled against their property claims. What I am trying to say is that why should the Czech media ask or request for pictures of a person who isn’t a citizen or resident of their country. But more importantly, Wenzel is a private individual and his life is just that a private one and the family is media shy and would prefer to keep media from developing interest in their private lives.

Thanks for the clarification.

I was talking about Georg. He seems more snobbish to me than his sibilings. His friends are just other wealthy aristocrats. Wenzel hangs out with several people outside that circle
I’m not really shocked because the family mostly interacts with the German, Austrian, Czech nobility than other reigning royal families, and naturally Georg would be friends with other aristocrats because his immediate family are mostly of aristocratic descent. Maybe he’s that way or he’s simply more comfortable with people of a similar background.

:previous: The article stated "Almost nothing is known about his life either." in regards to Prince Nicholas. Is Prince Nikolaus (Nicholas) attending college?

https://adelswelt.de/die-jungen-royals-aus-liechtenstein-marie-caroline-und-ihre-brueder/

This is an article about Joseph Wenzel, Marie Caroline and Georg. It says that Georg lives in Berlin.

Yep, an interesting article - Thank you for linking!

So, Prince Georg works for an institutional start-up investor. Would be interesting to know, if he does so on behalf of the family, to learn everything about this business and to put it to good use for the greater family later on.

In the generation before him the brothers of the heir are involved into family business...

Yep, an interesting article - Thank you for linking!

So, Prince Georg works for an institutional start-up investor. Would be interesting to know, if he does so on behalf of the family, to learn everything about this business and to put it to good use for the greater family later on.

In the generation before him the brothers of the heir are involved into family business...
I think it’s more for himself or it could possibly be a new venture for the family.

I wonder if Princess Marie Caroline has ever collaborated with the other fashion designer in the family- Princess Angela?

Georg when at work goes by Georg Liechtenstein.

I wonder if Princess Marie Caroline has ever collaborated with the other fashion designer in the family- Princess Angela?
Maybe she will or take advice from her

Is it true, that Georg Liechtenstein broke up with Nives Leyen? Does anonyone have any info?

Is it true, that Georg Liechtenstein broke up with Nives Leyen? Does anonyone have any info?
Someone on this thread claimed that she deleted all her social media with pics of him and her

It is very difficult to know anything about the lives of Alois and Sophie's children.

Back
Top Bottom