The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Majesty

Even if she lived to be around that age, Charles will be regent or William because I highly doubt The Queen would be able to do much of anything yet alone be an active Monarch.

She's 87, I think it's time to truly enjoy the time we have her here and able because anything can change before you blink an eye.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 09-30-2013, 08:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
She's 87, I think it's time to truly enjoy the time we have her here and able because anything can change before you blink an eye.
I totally agree.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Interesting - although creepy - discussion.

My guesses to Europe and Japan are:

1. HM King Felipe VI of Spain (2019).
2. HIM Emperor Naruhito of Japan (2024).
3. HM King Haakon VIII of Norway (2036).
4. HM King Charles III of the United Kingdom (2031).
5. HM King Frederik X of Denmark (2032).
6. HRH Grand Duke Guillaume V of Luxembourg (2035, because of abdication).
7. HSH Prince Alois III of Liechtenstein (2038).
8. HM Queen Elisabeth of Belgium (2042, because of abdication).
9. HM Queen Victoria of Sweden (2043).
10. HSH (or maybe HRH) Prince(ss) (The One Who Will Succed Prince Albert II) (2044).
11. HM Queen Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands (2047, because of abdication).
Re Denmark, Sweden and Norway, this would mean Margrethe would live to be 92, Carl Gustav to 97 and Harald to 99. Sadly, I doubt it.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Re Denmark, Sweden and Norway, this would mean Margrethe would live to be 92, Carl Gustav to 97 and Harald to 99. Sadly, I doubt it.
Well, the late Queen Ingrid of Denmark lived to be 90, and Her Majesty was a heavy smolker, just like her daughter, so I believe Queen Margrethe II can live to be 92.

Longevity runs in the Swedish Royal Fmily, I have no doubt that King Carl XVI Gustaf will stay with us for long time.

King Harald V was a mistake, I was going to write 2026, not 2036.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Nobility

These people have access to the best doctors, medicine and therapy money can buy, the best nutrition, the work they perform is not physically strenuous. And, this is equally important for the health of elderly people, they are surrounded by family, esp. Children. They keep you young. So, living well into the nineties is very likely barring accident.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
These people have access to the best doctors, medicine and therapy money can buy, the best nutrition, the work they perform is not physically strenuous. And, this is equally important for the health of elderly people, they are surrounded by family, esp. Children. They keep you young. So, living well into the nineties is very likely barring accident.
I wouldn't necessarily say that. Standing on your feet for long periods of time is actually rather strenuous, particularly if you're a senior. They also come i to contact with huge numbers of people, often shaking hands, and when you're 80+ it doesn't matter how good your doctors are, something as little as the flu can be deadly. Which, by the way, children in particular are carriers for illnesses.

As for them having access to the best nutrition, while I wouldn't disagree with you on the idea that they have the money to buy the best food, but that doesn't mean that they're eating the best diet. They also have the money to buy the best alcohol, the best drugs, the best cigarettes. I'm not saying that any of the current monarchs (or their families) partake in any of those activities, just that having more money doesn't necessarily mean you have a healthier life.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^^
They can also suffer from VIP treatment by doctors - doctors intimidated by their position and fear doing something wrong so fail to act promptly and the patient suffers as a result.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:13 PM
Nobility

I see your point about money but it probably does not apply to this generation of monarchs.... I can't see Margrethe,for instance, swilling Jack Daniels and smoking a pack a day and limiting and passing on the more tiring but not really pressing duties to the younger royals is playing it smart. Really, I hope they use those resources, choose wise doctors, use common sense.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Majesty

Margrethe is a heavy smoker having been seen in public with a cigarette and having clearly the very yellowing teeth of a smoker. In fact the rise in number of women smokers in Denmark has been partly blamed on Margrethe's public smoking. She smokes more than a pack a day - Denmark's Queen Blamed for Smoking Subjects - ABC News

queen of denmark smokes - Bing Images
Old 09-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Nobility

Well, then just bust my bubble, Lol. Don't tell me she is a lush also....
Old 10-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Well, then just bust my bubble, Lol. Don't tell me she is a lush also....
The Queen's mother, the late Queen Ingrid, also somked like chimney, but she died at the age of 90.

The women from that family seems to have strong genes. I think Queen Margrethe II will live to be around 90 years old.