what happened on 19 Sept 2015?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cepe

Majesty
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
Obviously I'm having a senior moment but what happened on 19/9/2015 which meant the highest nos. of people on this site?

Okay I misread thought you said 9th not 19th, not sure about 19th

All I can find is Sheikh Mohommad's son dieing of a drug overdose or Prince Harry making a cameo in the Rugby World Cup introduction video. Catherine and William were at the opening ceremony but can't believe that would make it the most visited day!

Last edited:
I wondered about that too, the closest I could figure is that William, Kate and Harry went to the Rugby World Cup on September 18 and TRF may have come up on a lot of search engines about the Rugby World Cup and got hits on the September 19.

ETA:
All I can find is Sheikh Mohommad's son dieing of a drug overdose or Prince Harry making a cameo in the Rugby World Cup introduction video. Catherine and William were at the opening ceremony but can't believe that would make it the most visited day!
Ahhh I think you may be right that it was the death of Rashid bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, probably like I mentioned above that TRF was in a high place on search engines and got a high number of hits as a result.

Last edited:
I've got the same but this site had its greatest hit of 3585 on the 19th and I wonder why?

The death of Rashid bin Mohammed Al Maktoum did raise a lot of interesting and controversial issues. I know I did a lot of searching for information about him at the time. I can well imagine that event being the reason for lots of hits.

As this is a number that is counted by the software itself, it could be any number of things to an onslaught of spammers, phishers, bots that troll the web or such.

The count doesn't necessarily mean that all the people online at a given time were active members or guests perusing the threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what happened on the 19th either, but I do know that the system regularly deletes the 'most people online' history. It has been irritating me for years but it seems it can not be changed.

TRF would have had much more people online at f.e. the weddings of the Duke of Cambridge or the Crown Princess of Sweden. For 2015 I am quite sure that the wedding of Carl-Philip of Sweden would be the day that saw most people online.

I can remember the royal wedding being noted and the birth of George. Cant remember whether Charlotte's birth made #1 slot. That's why I thought it had to be an "event".

Well at least it looks like not a "senior moment" for me. :flowers:

It was also two days after the Duchess of Cambridge showed off her new haircut ;)

:previous: Bingo! That has to be it. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom